Home

The Connor Newman Story

This is a discussion on The Connor Newman Story within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #25
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Connor Newman Story

The phone that wouldn't quit ringing.

Vista Murrieta would win the toss and start the game with the ball. On fourth down Connor would toss up an INT giving the Nighthawks the ball. Murrieta Valley would fail on a fourth down conversion giving the ball back to Connor with 52 seconds left in the first quarter. In which Connor would waste no time sending Weisbecker on a streak with no safety over top for a 78 yard touchdown pass. (7-0 VMHS)

The second quarter would start with a weak drive by the Nighthawks forcing them to punt it away. Out of the Wing-T Connor would run a speed option in for a 4 yard touchdown. (14-0 VMHS) With 20 seconds left on the clock Murrieta Valley would find the endzone with an 8 yard pass. (14-7 VMHS) But there would be no fear after a 13 yard pass to Cano, Connor would connect with Big Mike Weisbecker one more time for a 63 yard touchdown pass. (21-7 VMHS)

Murrieta Valley would come out with the ball and try to make something happen in the third, however a turnover on downs would end that hope. After failing to move the ball for more then two yards the Nighthawks would have another shot as Vista Murrieta would punt it away. The Valley boys would bring the game within a touchdown with 13 seconds left in the third quarter on a 5 yard pass. (21-14 VMHS)

The first play in the fourth quarter would be a VMHS punt. Which would allow MVHS to tie it up on a 55 yard touchdown pass. (21-21 TIE) But Connor would have none of that as he used play-action to suck in the Nighthawk defense before going over their head for an outstanding 50 yard touchdown pass. (28-21 VMHS) After a near pick from Connor and a drive ending tackle, Connor would lead the offense back onto the field. With 40 seconds left to go Nguyen would take it for a 29 yard rushing touchdown. (35-21 VMHS) Not going away MVHS would connect on a huge pass to bring the game within seven. (35-28 VMHS) VMHS would recover the onside kick and run out the clock going home with the victory.

W 35-28 (6-2)
9 tkls, 3 tfl
12/17 328 yds 3 tds, 22 yds 1 td rushing

"GOOD MORNING MURRIETA!!! Unless your from the Valley then I'd try to sleep til next week as Connor Newman was not letting you take it home last night." Blasted the radio first thing in the morning. "Ya know that after last night ESPN moved Connor up to 97th on their top 150, Along with moving him to a 5-star quarterback prospect and a 2-star CB. I'm starting to believe we could have a state championship team right here in our town." Connor clicked off the radio and headed down stairs.

"Mom have you got the mail yet?" shouted Connor, "Yes, dear, it's on the kitchen table." explained Mrs. Newman. Connor went to the table and saw an Arizona State letter along with an Auburn letter. Arizona State expressed a serious interest in Connor as a cornerback and Auburn did everything but offer a scholarship to play quarterback. Arizona State has some sharp uniforms but the chance to be the next Cam Newton also played a role in Connors mind he wore two for two reason, one Deion Sanders number at Florida State, and Cam Newtons number at Auburn.

Later on while hanging out at the junior varsity game with Jessica Connors phone began to ring, "Aloha I'm Norm Chow with Hawai'i and we just wanted to offer you a scholarship to play corner-back for us." said the former professional football coach. "WOW! thanks coach I was hoping to hear from you I plan on announcing what college I will be attending after we wrap up this season." Just as Connor hung up a beep came from his phone so he went to check his voice-mail but as he did he heard someone shouting, "Hey thats my ear your dialing into," it was Bobby Hauck who was offer a scholarship to play cornerback at UNLV. Finally Connor was getting some looks at his favorite position.

Before climbing into bed Connor happen to look at his phone and remembered he still had a voice-mail that he never checked, so he quickly pressed star-nine-nine and listened, "Chip Kelly here, from Oregon I just wanted to extend an offer to play Quarterback hopefully I'll hear from you soon son." A chance to play under Chip Kelly on that explosive Oregon offense sounded great.

None the less with all the hoop all around Connors recruitment he still had to finish out High School and next on the list was (5-3) Murrieta Mesa who was hoping with a win could take the conference title from Vista Murrieta, and if there was a team that could do it... It was the Rams of Murrieta Mesa, a team built with an explosive great offensive and a good defense to go with it. (6-2) Could Connor take the Conference title and lock in a playoff spot or would he need another game to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #26
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

Maybe this kid really is a corner.

Vista Murrieta would start with the ball hoping to get off to a fast start. But after a sack all they would end up with was a field goal (3-0 VMHS) Murrieta Mesa would end up punting it after a long drive. The Broncos would drive down the field as we headed to the second quarter.

To start the second quarter Connor would connect with Weisbecker for a 38 yard touchdown pass. (10-0 VMHS) A force fumble and recovery by VMHS would be taken up the house for a 49 yard touchdown (17-0 VMHS) An INT by VMHS would give them back the ball on their own 16 yard line with 1:45 left on the clock. Connor wouldn't even need but 18 seconds to find Weisbecker for a 24 yard touchdown pass. (23-0 VMHS) After a stalled drive we would head to the half.

The third quarter was looking good for the Rams until Connor grabbed his first INT of the season and take it 75 yards for a touchdown. (31-0 VMHS) Another INT for a TD by the Bronco defense would make Coach Newman think about pulling his starters. (38-0 VMHS) After a goal line drive by Murrieta Mesa we would be sent to the fourth.

Murrieta Mesa would finally find the endzone on a 2 yard rush. (38-7 VMHS) The Rams would take a shot at an onside kick and recover it. The Rams would refuse to go away scoring again this time in the air. (38-14 VMHS) After an illegal touching call the Broncos would take over on the Rams 41 with 3:45 left in the game. But Connor only needed six seconds to find Kenney for a 41 yard touchdown pass. (45-14 VMHS) Like that darn fly you just couldn't hit the Rams find the endzone again through the air. (45-21 VMHS) Connor would put away the game and send in the JV with a 4 yard rushing touchdown. (52-21 VMHS)

W 52-21 (7-2)
5 tkls, 1 tfl, 1 sk, 1 int
10/15 256 yds 3 tds, 37 yds 1 td rushing

Ding... Ding... Ding... Ding... Ding... Ding... Ding... Ding... eight voicemails from where Connor had his phone turned off. Probably all from Jessica he thought, as he awakened. As he would soon come to find out none of them where from Jessica, or his parents, or any other friends. Cincinnati, Ohio, Bowling Green, Arizona, Cal, SDSU, Arizona St all called offering Connor scholarships to play cornerback at their schools. But that was only seven the eighth call came from Auburn offering a scholarship to be the next Cam Newton.

After such a crazy morning Connor had to tell someone. So we went into his dads office after the JV team's victory over MMHS. After Connor got done explaining how he finally got some love at the cornerback position his father tossed him two envelopes. One from USC and the other from LSU. Quarterback interest Connor thought and LSU's interest at him at quarterback seemed to reassure him of just that. Until he opened the USC letter USC was highly interested in him at cornerback.

Connor was excited to see so many schools taking interest in him at CB funny how one pick 6 changed everything. But this week he had to deal with Chaparal Pumas at 2-7 they had to be the best 2-7 team in the nation with a great offense and defense to boost about. Seemly the Pumas seemed to be playing to keep their big time kids healthy and ready to go to college. Connor never believed in taking a play off and made sure to make that clear at practice.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #27
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

SENIOR NIGHT

Senior Night would began with Vista Murrieta taking the ball first. After two dropped touchdown passes the Broncos would have to settle with a field goal to start out the game. (3-0 VMHS) After a long drive all the way down to the goal line the first quarter would come to an end.

And on the first play of the second half Chaparal would find the endzone throw the air and take the lead. (7-3 PHS) But Connor would find Cano on a post down the middle to take back the lead. (10-7 VMHS) The Broncos would force the punt and on the very next play Connor would find Cano again this time for a 78 yard touchdown pass. (17-7 VMHS) After a series of long bombs by the Pumas we are sent to the half.

After an INT Vista Murrieta would have the ball within the Pumas 30 yard line. A quick slant for a touchdown would send Broncos up with a nice lead. (24-7 VMHS) A rushing touchdown would let the Pumas back in it (24-14 VMHS) After a nice drive by Vista Murrieta we would head to the fourth.

Vista would be stopped on the Puma 15. But after a huge stop on fourth down VMHS would take the ball on their 6 yard line with 1:41 left to go. The Broncos would be forced to punt from there own endzone with 1:31 left to go. With 38 seconds left the Pumas brought the game within 3 (24-21 VMHS) But a VMHS recovery sent Connor on the field to take a knee.

W 24-21
5 tkls
15/24 289 3 tds

"Connor, Connor..." a man shouted as Connor walked into the locker room, "I'm Les Miles..." Connor stopped in his tracks and turned around, "I just wanted to give you this, it's a full ride scholarship at quarterback for LSU. I know your tired son so I'll let you go but I hope to be hearing from you." Wore out and beat up Connor walked in and handed the envelope to his dad.

The next morning two more letters of interest came in the mail. A cornerback spot from Boise State and their blue turf. Along with a West Virginia offer to play QB. Sitting behind Geno Smith for a year could never be a bad thing but that darn blue turf keeps him thinking. Shortly after breakfast Jessica showed up they had a brief conversation about where Connor was going to go, he said he didn't have a clue yet, Jessica seemed odd when Connor asked what was wrong she said she was fine.

But none the less it was Vista Murrieta's luck to draw De La Salle (9-1) anyone that knows anything about De La Salle they rarely lose a game let alone two. Connor new he would have his hands full and he couldn't help but wonder what was going on with Jess. Will his lack of focus cost him the game or will he over come all the odds and take the victory of De La Salle.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #28
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

High School Playoffs

Vista Murrieta would start with the ball but after failing on fourth down De La Salle would take over on Vista's 40 yard line. DLSHS would waist no time finding the endzone and coming up with an early lead. (7-0 DLSHS) Connor would drive his team down the field and with 40 seconds left in the quarter he would fumble into the endzone and Nguyen would pick it up for 6 points. (7-7 TIE)

After picking up a first down DLSHS would start the 2nd quarter with the ball. DLS' running game would prove to be a little to much this drive as they punched it in to score. (14-7 DLSHS) But Connor wouldn't let the Broncos just go away instead connecting on a 22 yard pass with big Mike Weisbecker to tie it back up. (14-14 TIE) After a punt on fourth down VMHS just had a few seconds to take the lead before half, and that's just what they would do with Connor finding Cano for a 68 yard touchdown pass. (21-14 VMHS)

The third would start with DLS having the ball. After a huge tackle for loss by Connor DLS would have to punt the ball away. But an interception by DLS middle linebacker would end the drive. A stop on third down would force DLS to choose between kicking a field goal or going for to end the third.

They would choose to kick a field goal which would be nailed. (21-17 VMHS) Connor would come out and show DLSHS how to move the ball connecting with Weisbecker for a 46 yard touchdown. (28-17 VMHS) A turnover on downs would put the game away with one first down by VMHS. But Connor was out to prove a point and left DLS defenders grabbing air as he rushed in for an 8 yard touchdown. (35-17 VMHS)

W 35-17
6 tkl 1 tfl 1 ff
13/19 302 yds 3 tds, 62 yds 1 td rushing

The next day Connor got on to ESPN to see how his recruiting was looking and to his surprise he was there number three overall prospect number one quarterback, number one cornerback, number one in California and LSU was also looking at him to play corner along with North Carolina looking at him for QB. All the top programs were talking about him, and how no one knows where he will end up. The thought of him and the honey badger one the same defense scared him as a quarterback.

Later on at Jessica's house she said she needed to talk to him but just when she went to Connors phone rang it was none other then Chris Petersen trying to convince Connor that Boise had more then just potatos there with a scholarship offer to play cornerback their. After the conversation Connor hung up and Jessica asked him if he remembered homecoming. "Ya, three touchdowns twenty-seven to seven win why?" replied Connor. "No, afterward..." asked Jessica, "Ohhhh... yeah I do," Connor said with a smirk on his face. Then it came the information no young man who has hopes at playing at the next level wants to hear... "I'm pregnant."

I'm pregnant, I'm pregnant just keep repeating itself in Connors head, passes where off in practice his bump and run seemed to be a little off. Would Carson High School pull off an upset because Connor just couldn't pull it out, or will he pull out another amazing victory and work towards a State Title.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #29
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

Will this ever end.

Vista Murrieta would start with the ball, Connor would take over the first drive throwing the ball to everyone and everywhere until hooking up with Big Mike for a quick six. (7-0 VMHS) Carson would be forced to punt, giving the ball back to a very dangerous Connor Newman. While getting drilled Connor would toss the ball up only to have it picked off. But Vista Murrieta would come up with an interception of their own with five seconds left in the first quarter.

Vista Murrieta would start with the ball on the 16 yard line. Connor would find Cano on a Post route for another touchdown. (14-0 VMHS) Defensive dominance would force Carson to punt the ball away on fourth and twenty-three. Connor would roll on Carson with another touchdown pass. (21-0 VMHS) A fumble recovery would give the Broncos another chance to score before the half ended. But an INT would end those dreams. With a third down stop Connor would have yet another chance to score. And that is just what he would do finding a wide open Cano for a 68 yard touchdown pass. (28-0 VMHS)

Carson would start with the ball in the third quarter hoping to put on a better showing then the first half. Carson would add do its pain with an interception ran back for another touchdown. (35-0 VMHS) And another pick six would kill any dreams they had. (42-0 VMHS) Finally Carson would get on the score with a huge touchdown pass. (42-7 VMHS) But it wouldn't even matter as Connor would find Heddlesten for a 49 yard touchdown pass. (49-7 VMHS)

Carson would punt the ball away to start the fourth quarter. But after the fumble recovery by Carson they would start with the ball on the Bronco 41. Somehow Carson managed to score again this time on the ground. (49-14 VMHS) And recover the onside kick could we see an amazing come back, probably not, but they are trying. Oh boy are they ever with another touchdown pass to close the game down (49-21 VMHS) Hold on to your seats as another onside kick is sure to happen. Thankfully the Broncos recovered and ran out the clock.

W 49-21
6 tkls 1 tfl
18/24 253 yds 5 tds, 70 yds rushing

After this game Connor was ready to head home honestly he was ready to go at halftime. But before he could even get off the field Monte Kiffin came up and offered him a scholarship to play cornerback for USC. Connor being such a huge fan of Kiffin it wowed him. On his drive home his phone rang it was Larry Fedora from North Carolina offering him a scholarship to play quarterback.

After a long night the time came to tell his parents that Jessica was pregnant. Surprising the parents took it well and decided they would help out anyway possible. After a long talk Connor was handed two envelopes one from Oregon stating they were interested at Connor at cornerback too. And USC was also looking at him for QB. These two schools seemed to be trying their hardest to keep Connor in the PAC-12.

With the season closing to an end and one game standing between him and state Connor faces the 9-1 Watsonville High School, they will bring it on every down but its hard to compete against the number one recruit in the nation playing both sides of the ball.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #30
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

In case anyone is wondering where Connor will go, I will be using a lottery system to select. Just to make things a little harder on me. Now granted the enteries are lead to favor some over others, both Scholarship offers are done with these in mind as it stands right now there are 167 enteries. With the top scholarship being USC position CB enteries 9 chance of getting Connor 5.3%, and the lowest scholarship being San Jose State position QB enteries 3 chance of getting Connor 1.7%. Now there are still 2 more games I forget if after the state championship if you get offers but still that could be anywhere from 72 to 4 enteries left to give out.

Entery System
+1 Entery Per-Star
+1 Entery for California teams
+1 Entery for Ohio teams
+1 Entery Per-Scholarship
+1 Entery for CB interest

Top Scholarship Chances
USC - CB - 5.3%
Oregon - CB - 4.7%
LSU - CB - 4.7%
USC - QB - 4.7%

We also see here that some school have two scholarship offers and as you can tell USC as of right now has about 10% chance of getting Connor. When you break it down by schools it comes up with some interesting results suddenly San Jose State shoots up above a number of schools since they at least offered both scholarships.

Connors Top 5 Schools
USC - 10.2%
Oregon - 9.0%
LSU - 9.0%
Boise State - 7.8%
Cincinnati - 6.6%

Connors Bottom Schools
UNLV - 2.3%
Hawai'i - 2.3%

The reason I did this is I didn't want complete control over where he went. I wanted to live his career instead. Just something I thought was neat I figured I'd share with you.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #31
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

Running away with it...

Vista Murrieta would start with the ball and hope to take the fight out of the Watsonville fans. Connor after a great drive would find Cano open for an 11 yard touchdown. (7-0 VMHS) Watsonville would fell to get anything going and be forced to punt the ball away. After a solid drive the first quarter would come to an end.

Vista Murrieta would start with the ball on WHS 17 yard line. Connor would punch another one in with a QB midline iso. (14-0 VMHS) WHS would once again punt the ball away after a meaningless drive. After a fumble Watsonville would pound one in to make it a seven point game. (14-7 VMHS) A 36 yard touchdown run by Connor and a missed extra point pushed the Broncos farther ahead with less then a minute to go in the half. (20-7 VMHS)

Watsonville would start with the ball in the second half. An interception by Connor would kill this opening drive. But a thrown interception by Connor would remind him to stay humble. Watsonville would be the first to score in the second half with a long field goal. (20-10 VMHS) Connor would find Weisbecker for a 33 yard touchdown pass at the end of the third quarter, but yet another missed field goal that may cost the Broncos. (26-10)

A turnover on downs would hang the ball back to the ever so dangerous Bronco offense. A short touchdown run by Nguyen put the game away with less then two minutes to go. (33-10 VMHS) A turnover on downs would allow Connor to close out the game.

W 33-10
5 tkls 1 tkl 1 int
12/19 229 yds 2 tds, 40 yds 2 tds rushing

Seems like this morning was PAC12 morning in the Newman household. LSU and Oregon both called offering cornerback scholarships and USC rounded themselves off with quarterback scholarship. Washington got into the mix by expressing interest in Connor at cornerback. And not to be forgotten Tennessee expressed their interest in Connor at quarterback.

With one game left this could be it all, Cypress High School (12-1) Vs Vista Murrieta High School (11-2). This is all the Newman family has wanted all season long, now its hear will they raise up and take home the State Title or will they crumble before it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #32
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

California State Championship

It doesn't get no bigger then this set on UCLA's Rose Bowl. Vista Murrieta would start with the ball. A touchdown pass to Nguyen would give Vista Murrieta the early lead. (7-0 VMHS) After a Cypress punt the first quarter would come to a close.

Connor would start out the second quarter right with a 5 yard touchdown pass to Cano. (14-0 VMHS) VMHS would call a timeout just so they had more time when Cypress punted the ball away. An INT would waste a great drive giving Cypress back the ball with 43 seconds left, but they wouldn't even try and head to half.

The second half starts with Cypress having the ball, but a fumble recovery by Vista Murrieta returned for a touchdown would just dig a deeper hole for Cypress. (21-0 VMHS) Followed by an interception gave Vista Murrieta the ball on Cypress' 37 yard line. However a turnover on downs would give Cypress a fighting chance. After a three and out Vista Murrieta would have the ball with 28 seconds left in the third quarter. Needing only 12 of those seconds Connor connected with Kenney for a 92 yard touchdown. (28-0 VMHS)

Cypress would start with the ball, a fourth down failure would give the ball right back to the Broncos. As Vista Murrieta was driving down the field they were also driving out the Cypress fans and players hopes. Vista Murrieta would run out the clock and prepare to take home the California State Title.

W 28-0
5 tkls
14/20 224 yds 3 tds, 63 yds rushing

State Champions Mr. Newman and Connor both got their first State Titles. It was a long road and the party seemed to never end. But now was the time that Connor had to make his decision where to go to school? Will Jessica play a factor in this, will Connor head back home, will he start over somewhere all new only time would tell.

The next morning when Connor came down stairs Mr. Newman was waiting for him. These are the last of them. Arkansas, Washington at cornerback and Georgia, Tennessee at quarterback. Connor had a total of 17 offers at QB and 17 at CB. The question is where will Connor Newman go, and what position will he choose to play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »