Home

[A Pack to remember][Green Bay Packers Report][Presented by JBregz]

This is a discussion on [A Pack to remember][Green Bay Packers Report][Presented by JBregz] within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
Rookie

JBregz's Arena

OVR: 0
[A Pack to remember][Green Bay Packers Report][Presented by JBregz]

PACKER NATION: FOLLOWING THE PACK.
PRESENTED BY JOSH

Hello all, I have just recently started a new Connected Careers Mode on Madden NFL 13. I am currently in week four of the first season, after getting some sliders and what not I decided I am going to basically blog my journey as the Head Coach of Green Bay Packers. Playing as Mike McCarthy. I am using playmakers most recent sliders posted at: VirtualSportsNetwork.com (Please sign up to the forum today please and thank you). I can't promise much as when I make things to difficult on myself, I usually slack and give up like a lot of dynasty reports. So I will just update as I please. Maybe some in game highlights from time to time, who knows, who cares. One thing I can promise is that it won't be as sparkly as Albidnis' reports.

Thanks!

• Sliders: Playmaker Custom All Madden Sliders
  • 14 Minute Quarters
  • 15 sec Acc. clock
  • Injury 15
  • Fatigue 60
  • Trade Deadline On
  • Coach Firing On
  • Preexisting Injuries Off

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
Rookie

JBregz's Arena

Re: [A Pack to remember][Green Bay Packers Report][Presented by JBregz]

PACKER TEAM RECORDS

Passing
Passing Yards (Game) - Matt Flynn (2012) - 480 (31 Comp.)
Passing Yards (Season) - Aaron Rodgers (2011) - 4,643 (502 Att.)
Passing Yards (Career) - Brett Favre (1992-2007) - 61,665
Passing Touchdowns (Game) - Matt Flynn (2012) - 6 (31 Comp.)
Passing Touchdowns (Season) - Aaron Rodgers (2011) - 45
Passing Touchdowns (Career) - Brett Favre (1992-2007) - 442
Rushing
Rushing Yards (Game) - Ahman Green (2003) - 218 (20 Att.)
Rushing Yards (Season) - Ahman Green (2003) - 1,883 (335 Att.)
Rushing Yards (Career) - Ahman Green (2000-06, 09) - 8,332
Rushing Touchdowns (Game) - Jim Taylor, Terdell Middleton, Dorsey Levens - 4
Rushing Touchdowns (Season) - Jim Taylor (1962) - 19
Rushing Touchdowns (Career) - Jim Taylor (1958-66) - 81
Receiving
Receptions (Game) - Don Hutson (1943) - 14
Receptions (Season) - Sterling Sharpe (1993) - 112
Receptions (Career) - Donald Driver (1999-Present) - 735
Receiving Yards (Game) - Billy Howton (1956) - 257
Receiving Yards (Season) - Robert Brooks (1995) - 1,497
Receiving Yards (Career) - Donald Driver (1999-Present) - 10,060
Receiving Touchdowns (Game) - Sterling Sharpe, Don Hutson - 4
Receiving Touchdowns (Season) - Sterling Sharpe (1994) - 18
Receiving Touchdowns (Career) - Don Huston (1935-45) - 99

Defense

Sacks (Game) - Vonnie Holliday (2002) - 5.0
Sacks (Season) - Tim Harris (1989) - 19.5
Sacks (Career) - Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (2000-08) - 74.5
Interceptions (Game) - Bobby Dillon, Willie Buchanon - 4
Interceptions (Season) - Irv Comp (1943) - 10
Interceptions (Career) - Bobby Dillon (1952-'59) - 52
Bold - Record Broken in Dynasty
Old 11-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
Rookie

JBregz's Arena

DYNASTY TEAM HISTORY

Key Notes

-
-
-

-
-
-

-
-
-
Old 11-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Rookie

JBregz's Arena

GREEN BAY PRESS GAZETTE
Packers 2012 schedule released, gifted with second easiest schedule in the NFL

Packers fans rejoice, we have a lot to be thankful for this season, Christmas came early, the Packers have been given the second easiest schedule according to last seasons team records. Packers will be going up against a teams this season who totaled for a 120-136 win-loss record. The only team getting an easier schedule is the New England Patriots, facing opponents with a combined 116-140 record. After finishing last season 15-1, the Packers should have no trouble having similar success. Here is the week by week schedule:

Week 01

San Francisco 49ers

Sun, 09/09 at 3:25 PM CDT

Home: Lambeau Field

Week 02

Chicago Bears

Thu, 09/13 at 7:20 PM CDT

Week 03

@ Seattle Seahawks

Mon, 09/24 at 7:30 PM CDT

Away: CenturyLink Field

Week 04

New Orleans Saints

Sun, 09/30 at 3:25 PM CDT

Week 05

@ Indianapolis Colts

Sun, 10/07 at 12:00 PM CDT

Away: Lucas Oil Stadium

Week 06

@ Houston Texans

Sun, 10/14 at 7:20 PM CDT

Away: Reliant Stadium

Week 07

@ St. Louis Rams

Sun, 10/21 at 12:00 PM CDT

Away: Edward Jones Dome

Week 08

Jacksonville Jaguars

Sun, 10/28 at 12:00 PM CDT

Week 09

Arizona Cardinals

Sun, 11/04 at 12:00 PM CST

Week 10

Bye

Week 11

@ Detroit Lions

Sun, 11/18 at 12:00 PM CST

Away: Ford Field

Week 12

@ New York Giants

Sun, 11/25 at 7:20 PM CST

Away: MetLife Stadium

Week 13

Minnesota Vikings

Sun, 12/02 at 12:00 PM CST

Week 14

Detroit Lions

Sun, 12/09 at 7:20 PM CST

Week 15

@ Chicago Bears

Sun, 12/16 at 12:00 PM CST

Away: Soldier Field

Week 16

Tennessee Titans

Sun, 12/23 at 12:00 PM CST

Week 17

@ Minnesota Vikings

Sun, 12/30 at 12:00 PM CST

Away: Mall of America Field
Old 11-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
Rookie

JBregz's Arena

Just want to let everyone know I made a couple adjustments to the roster ratings: I brought down Mcnaab to a 70 OVR as he isn't in football and a return is doubtful. If you keep him as is he ALWAYS signs and starts in Minnesota. Also I lowered Nick Collins to an 80 OVR. After his injury he is unliely to return to football, and if he does he won't start off as a top 5 FS like he was. (Was rated a 90) I manually added Aqib Talib to the Patriots roster and have the correct depth chart set ups for RB's and QB's.

You can comment whenever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
Rookie

JBregz's Arena

GREEN BAY PRESS GAZETTE
Preseason Week 1 in review, Packers lose Bishop plus key signings

The first week of the preseason has just ended and there has been much to say, but for us at Packer Nation, bad luck has begun to put the breaks on the train as of last night in our preseason showdown against the Chargers, we lost stud MLB Desmond Bishop for the entire season due to a Broken he suffered during a 3rd down pile up play. This is a big hit to the LB Core as rookie Nick Perry will be immediately be thrown into the mix. According to our sources, Nick Perry will be moved to the ILB spot where Bishop played over Brad Jones, who is being swapped to the ROLB position. Perry, a much bigger body and athlete than Jones should be more effective. This makes sense as Jones should be a more trust worthy LB to cover TE's and play coverage where as Perry can cover the HB and blitz more. Perry at 6'3 and 265 pounds puts him at the biggest LB on the team, even over Pro Bowler Clay Matthews.

The Packers looked pretty good against the Chargers despite giving up a 32-14 lead in the fourth quarter, ending in a 35-32 loss. The offense tallied up over three hundred yards of offense. Over one hundred of them coming from the ground which was a pleasant surprise. Cedric Benson took the brunt of the carries with twenty-one for fifty-eight yards. He did have a fumble in the 3rd quarter that luckily dribbled out of bounds. Jennings looked as his usual self piling up one hundred yards off of seven receptions, he was able to find the endzone. Nick Perry played exceptionally well, especially after Bishop was carted off the field where he was the busiest of the Packers D tallying up ten solo tackles and a sack. He was the tackle leader of the game.

In other news around the league; Garrard found a home in Cleveland, the Browns that is. Garrard, who is now thirty four and just getting off Arthoscopic surgery will be thrown into the quarterback mix in Cleveland. Pat Shurmur said after their post-game conference that "David and the rest of them all have a shot at the starting job come week one, we will play with the hot hand. This is not our way of benching Weeden, but we believe David can be of some competition for the starting job and if he can't take the job, it'll keep Weeden competitive as that is his nature. A little competition is something we need." David Garrard last started for the Jaguars in 2010 where he concluded the year with 2,734 yards and twenty-three touchdowns along with a Pro Bowl spot. He was then released and hadn't played since.

David Garrard isn't the only player getting another shot back in football, as the Arizona Cardinals signed veteran linebacker James Farrior to a one-year 4.2 million dollar deal. Farrior will immediately help bolster that LB core which is filled with inexperienced potential. Farrior will help guide the young guys such as Sam Acho, O'Brien Schofield and Daryl Washington. Farrior should get into the groove of their defense quickly as he will be familiar at the ILB position in a thirty-four defense. The move gives them a great leader on defense who should have a successful bout in 2012.

The Bears made a move signing FB Ovie Mughelli to a one-year deal for 2.6 million dollars. Forte is all smiles as he is "ecstatic that I got a big bruiser like Ovie who can do all the dirty work for me so I can get into the endzone cleanly."

DT Mike Patterson has also been traded by the Eagles to the St.Louis Rams for an undisclosed draft pick.
The Panthers looked into the veteran talent pool by acquiring Marcus Trufant off of the Seahawks today for an undisclosed draft pick.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #7
Rookie

JBregz's Arena

GREEN BAY PRESS GAZETTE
More trades, signings, etc. Week 2 preseason in review

Chalk up another week in the NFL, week two has just been wrapped up and it was another exciting week in the NFL with trades, signings, triumphs and setbacks all around. The Packers once again suffered another setback on Sunday as cornerback Casey Hayward will be out after tearing his shoulder during Sundays action against the Browns. Hayward was the slot man for the Packer secondary, who was just drafted this year in the second round by Green Bay, that job will now be counted on Jarret Bush, the six year pro who has seen sufficient action with the Packers, Bush doesn't have the same Physical traits as the rest of the Packer secondary but he has good size and awareness. The injury isn't as terrible of a blow as the Desmond Bishop one will be but we as fans, have got to be annoyed of this injury bug that has been lingering in our locker room for the past two weeks. "I think it's time to call in Billy the exterminator" Donald Driver said jokingly during the post game conference. "But in all seriousness, it is frustrating seeing these guys go down, [Casey and Desmond] are our family, ya know? So when we lose guys to injury, we all feel it. Were a family like that."

We also know, Jeremy Shockey has found another home in the NFL, landing with the Indianapolis Colts to a one-year deal worth 2.5 million dollars. Shockey will provide a solid safety blanket for Andrew Luck, Luck was actually vocal in front office of the Colts organization expressing his feelings of Shockeys ability. "I really wanted to get Shockey on the team, he's a proven TE who I think will be able to take a lot of pressure off of me at times. He's reliable and that is something I value in a receiver. So when I talked to Chuck Pagano at the possibility of getting him signed, he immediately talked to the guys upstairs and made it happen." The Colts now have depth at TE with Rookie Coby Fleener who is a physical sensation along with the veteran Jeremy Shockey. I think we can expect a busy workload for these two TE's this upcoming season.

Outstanding performances were of the norm this week it seemed, Christian Ponder lit it up in preseason action throwing 5 TD's in a big win last night. In addition, Tony Romo had a great outing, sporting a 143.2 QB rating and a win for the Cowboys. Reggie Bush also lit up the field with 3 TD runs along with a win for the Dolphins.

Notable Injuries:
RT Khalif Barnes (Raiders) Torn Tricep - Out for 25 weeks *
DT Barry Cofield (Skins) Broken Thumb - Out for 2 weeks
LG Korey Lichensteiger (Skins) Dislocated Hip - Out for 6 weeks
RT Ryan Harris (Texans) Shoulder Tear - 5 weeks
DE Julius Peppers (Bears) Dislocated Elbow - 5 weeks
DT Pat Sims (Bengals) Broken Tailbone - 22 Weeks *
CB Domique R-Cromartie (Eagles) Broken Tailbone - 30 weeks*
HB Jahvid Best (Lions) Dislocated Knee - 5 weeks
Old 11-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
Rookie

JBregz's Arena

GREEN BAY PRESS GAZETTE
Packers impress, Moss doesn't, gets cut by the 49ers. Week 3 action wrap up

A quiet and somber week for some in the NFL. Legendary WR Randy Moss has been highlighting the press stands across the nation as his short bout with the 49ers is already over. Twitter has blown up on this recent news. This just proves "that a player's time in the NFL is truly finite" (Mike Hill). The future first ballot hall of famer is now without a team, further giving reason to hang up the cleats and call it a career, but nothing short of terrific in my books. We have not got a hold of the wide receiver yet to get his response on the whole release and his future, but all signs are now pointing towards the exit. We can't really see another team taking a shot at Moss, especially with him being bounced around three teams in less than a year. Furthermore, Terrell Owens has yet to get his shot back in the NFL and a chance doesn't seem in the near future. I think it is safe to call an end to the Owen-Moss era entirely. But who knows, a desperate team may give one of them a shot or a playoff contender team who's star receiver takes a hit? These are possible scenarios that could spark another comeback. Hell, you can never root out Favre, right?

The Packers played terrific for a preseason game, routing the Bengals to a 29-22 victory, their first of the preseason. The defense were the stars of the night, putting Dalton and his backups on the ground five times. Nick Perry once again was the defensive player of the match, putting together a nine solo-tackle night along with a pair of sacks. Clay Matthews was not far behind with eight solo-tackles and a sack himself. So far the LB core has surprisingly played exceptionally well, making me start to wonder if there is much to worry about after the loss with Bishop. Perry has been a force at MLB, Clay Matthews is doing what he has always done, then A.J Hawk and Brad Jones have been showing up to play as we expected. The defense haven't committed as much turnovers thus far which is not what we are used to out of a Packer defense, but it's only preseason.

Notable Injuries
LT Russell Okung (Seahawks) Shoulder Tear - Out for 3 weeks
DT Amobi Okoye (Bears) Fractured Elbow - Out for 30 weeks *
DT Matt Toeaina (Bears) Fractured Elbow - Out for 27 weeks*
CB Champ Bailey (Broncos) Broken Jaw - Out for 4 weeks
HB DeMarco Murray (Cowboys) Abdominal Tear - Out for 4 weeks
LT Will Beatty (Giants) Knee Cartilage Tear - Out for 5 weeks
C Johnathan Goodwin (49ers) Partial MCL Tear - Out for 6 weeks
LE Cliff Avril (Lions) Broken Collarbone - Out for 3 weeks

Packers Cut Day
QB BJ Coleman
HB Brandon Saine