Home

The Dream Team (M13)

This is a discussion on The Dream Team (M13) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6
The Dream Team (M13)

Madden 13 CCM (Coach)
KBLover's Oakland CCM Sliders
Updates in Red

A Philadelphia Eagles Story by Drtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by @NFL Network
With Andy Reid out of the picture taking a [temporary] retirement due to his son's death, the Eagles go with Head Coach Patrick Faith. Faith spent 20 years in the Army Special Forces before going on to spend 6 years as Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator for Houston University. He's a true stratigest and knows everything about the Offense reading every book he could while in service. He looks up to great coaches such as Blair Walsh, John Madden, and Tom Landry. He specifies in Offense though brings a fierce defense to the table as well. Expect to see a hybrid run-balanced/spread offense with an aggressive zone-blitz defense.
The Eagles are struggling. They have the pieces but nobody to put the puzzle together. I'm here to do that. I have "signed" a 5 year contract stating that if I don't make a Super Bowl appearance, I'm out. During those 5 years, I will construct this team into a living dream team. We will have no weakness.

QB
Vick is old and I'm not sold that Foles is my Franchise QB either. What I will do is play Vick but if/when we have more than 6 losses, I'm playing Foles the rest of the season. I'm not going to draft a QB just because he's there in the first round, I want to wait for the perfect player. I will stick with Foles until then rather than signing Flacco, Ryan, or whichever QB ends up in the FA.

HB/FB
McCoy will stay with me for as long as I can keep him. He has attributes that I love. I would love to find a bruiser back with good pass blocking to compliment him. I'm thinking of picking up Chris Ivory in the 2nd season since New Orleans lets him go. He's exactly the type of back I want playing when McCoy is tired. I'd love to find a FB with superb run blocking skills to play solely as a lead blocker.

WR/TE
Everybody these days wants a receiving TE. As do I. I doubt I'd draft one but I wouldn't mind trading for Colby Fleener or Niles Paul and develop them into the next Gronk/Hernandez combo. I only need one great WR to play slot. I'd love a small Wes Welker clone with great catch-in-traffic with speed & intangibles to get a lot of yards after the catch. I love running drag routes and want a WR than can get 10+ catches a game and a TD or 2.

OL
I'd prefer a balanced OL. I'd like the left-side to be great pass blockers and the right side to excel in run blocking. I do a lot of stretch/power runs so I'd love the LG and RT to be my main priorities. Then I'd like a LT that can block anyone and give me time in a pocket then a solid balanced C and RG.

DL
I want great run stoppers. I want my DL to dominate the OL and allow my LBs to burst through holes. I don't really care to have 90+ OVR players on my line, but I expect my players to have at least an 80 in Block Shed, Pursuit, and Tackle.

LB
I want a Linebacker core that can do anything. I want them to stop the run, attack the passer, and cover even the elite Tight Ends. I would young fast athletic players. I want them to play smart and react fast.

CB & S
I want fast Cornerbacks. I want speed. I want them to play Zone as well as I usually run Zone Blitz a lot. But I want speed.

I want the Safeties to cover as well as pursue whoever has the ball. 90+ Pursuit is a huge plus as well is Play Recognition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Dream Team (M13)

2012-13 Pre-Season Roster Management

Signings
WR Kashif Moore
MLB Jay Dwyer

Releases
QB Trent Edwards