Home

The Tribe - Kansas City Chiefs CCM [M13]

This is a discussion on The Tribe - Kansas City Chiefs CCM [M13] within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2013, 02:28 AM   #1
Rookie

RussellBird's Arena

OVR: 3
The Tribe - Kansas City Chiefs CCM [M13]

Settings
Quarter Length: 14 Minutes
Clock Runoff: 11 Seconds
Difficulty: All-Pro
Sliders: Jarrod21
Info: Simulated first season and picked a team out of the bottom five in the league. Chiefs finished as the fifth worst team in the league.

Romeo Crennel Out, Russell Bird in as Chiefs's Head Coach

Kansas City, Missouri - After a promising 2011 campaign, the hopes were high for the Chiefs. Many regarded the Chiefs to be the potential sleepers that would shock all in the season. Unfortunately, these dreams were not realized. With the hopes of the playoffs going down the toilet, the job of Romeo Crennel went with it. The Chiefs season ended with a 4-11-1 record, the second worst record in the AFC. Had the Chiefs barely missed the playoffs, Crennel would likely still have his job. When Kansas City began to pile on loss after loss, people called for his job. They got their wish at the end of the season. A few days before the playoffs would begin.

Who's really to blame for the bad record? One could blame Crennel, as did plenty of people. When Donovan McNabb was signed before the season began, many scratched their head at the signing. With Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn, there was no need to add a third quarterback. Especially one that was well beyond his prime. At the end of the season, McNabb would end the season with 3,000 yards, 23 touchdowns, and 21 interceptions. Not exactly the greatest of stats. Until one looks at Matt Cassel. While Cassel never started in a game, he did fill in for the oft-injured McNabb. In just 121 passing attempts, eight were picked off opposed to his three touchdowns. Out of Brady Quinn's two attempts, he managed a touchdown out of them. The quarterbacks seem to fit most of the blame for the struggles. The running back tandem of Jamaal Charles and Joseph Addai ran for a combined 2,000 yards and 16 touchdowns. If there is one thing that needs to be addressed, it is the quarterback situation.

With Romeo Crennel's departure, a new man was signed shortly after. A virtually unknown by the name of Russell Bird found himself as the new head coach of the Chiefs. In his first meeting with the press, Bird expressed his gratitude for the job. Vowing to bring the Chiefs back to their winning ways. "Growing up in Iowa, I never really got to see many professional football games. Despite this, though, I grew up as a huge fan of football. In particular, the Chiefs always intrigued me. They've always seemed like a team just a few gears away from turning into a contender. Something has always derailed them. With a few changes, we will return to the playoffs. I vow to bring back a Lombardi Trophy back to Kansas City. This city has been wanting that for a very long time, and I intend to deliver."

Russell Bird is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame. While attending the college, he began to build his own playbook. Once he received his first coaching gig, he put his brand new playbook to use. Focusing primarily on offense, many critics point out his lack of defense. With Bird's playbook, he tends to take more risk than other coaches might. Fourth downs are frequently tried passed midfield. Field goals are rarely on option for him, as he much prefers to pick up seven points over settling for three. Passing has always been a primary aspect of his playbook. That may changed with the running might of the Chiefs and the lack of any true passing game. It is believed that Bird will go after several offensive players during the offseason in an effort to bring his own style of play to the big show. With players like Dwayne Bowe and Jamaal Charles, it is likely that the offensive players that Bird has referenced to happens to be his quarterbacks. When asked about Donovan McNabb, Bird mentioned that he may be on his team next year. It all depend on if he was impressive or not.

With Bird in charge, there's a entire season of uncertainty coming for Chiefs's fans.[/justify][/b]

Flying High - Legacy of Coach Bird [CH 2K8]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2013, 02:28 AM   #2
Rookie

RussellBird's Arena

Re: The Tribe - Kansas City Chiefs CCM [M13]

RESERVED FOR FUTURE USE

Old 04-30-2013, 02:29 AM   #3
Rookie

RussellBird's Arena

RESERVED FOR USE IN THE FUTURE

Old 04-30-2013, 03:07 AM   #4
Rookie

RussellBird's Arena

The Bird's Nest - Number One

Welcome everyone to the first ever Bird's Nest! Here, I, Coach Russell Bird, will keep all you loyal Chiefs's fans up-to-date on everything happening within the team!

First off, allow me to congratulate the Bears on their huge victory over the Steelers in the Super Bowl. Much deserved victory for Coach Smith and his team! In other league news, Ray Lewis will be retiring after seventeen. Definitely will be missed. T.O. also announced his retirement tonight, though it has taken a bit of a backseat to Ray Lewis. He was a player I enjoyed watching when I was younger. One of the all-time greats. Hall of Fame. No doubt. Would be insane if he didn't get in.

Onto Chiefs's news! Brandon Albert was franchise tagged. When I approached him, he didn't seem to want to come back. No explanation, but I felt we really needed him. If I can keep this team relatively the same, there shouldn't be too many problems next year. Below is a list of players that have resigned and will be a member of the Chiefs next year. Notable players leaving are Smith, Shiancoe, McNabb, and Hillis.

Resigned
  • HB Joseph Addai - 4 years, $4.20M
    K Mike Nugent - 1 year, $900K
    RE Ropati Pitoitua - 2 years, $1.5M
    C Luke Patterson - 1 year, $700K

Heading into the free agent period, there are a number of holes that need to be filled. Once again, list below are the team needs and the top three players at that position who are available. Italicized means that the player is a top priority and will be offered a contract.
  • QB: 1. Kurt Warner [Last Team: N/A]
    2. Matt Schaub [Last Team: Houston Texans]
    3. Jason Campbell [Last Team: Chicago Bears]

WR: 1. Greg Jennings [Last Team: Green Bay Packers]
    2. Michael Jenkins [Last Team: Minnesota Vikings]
    3. Randy Moss [Last Team: San Francisco 49'ers]

DT: 1. Aubrayo Franklin [Last Team: San Diego Chargers]
    2. Shaun Rogers [Last Team: New York Giants]
    3. Terrance Knighton [Last Team: Jacksonville Jaguars]

CB: 1. Chris Houston [Last Team: Detroit Lions]
    2. Rashean Mathis [Last Team: Jacksonville Jaguars]
    3. Sean Smith [Last Team: Miami Dolphins]

FS: 1. LaRon Landry [Last Team: New York Jets]
    2. Nick Collins [Last Team: Green Bay Packers]
    3. Husain Abdullah [Last Team: Minnesota Vikings]

Last edited by RussellBird; 04-30-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Rookie

RussellBird's Arena

The Bird's Nest - Recap of Free Agency

I'm sure plenty of you had huge expectations going into this free agency period. With plenty of spots needed to be filled, I sent out a large amount of offers to many other players. After last season, there certainly had to be something done to improve this team completely. The offensive side of the ball is absolutely stellar. Nothing wrong with it. Except for lack of a true passing game, but I believe it will be addressed before Week One of the regular season. Heading into free agency, I had a few thoughts on who I wanted the most. My biggest goal was to sign an enormously talented player on the defensive side of the ball. Therefore, I took it in my best interest to sign a this special player to the Chiefs.

Please welcome former New York Jets Safety LaRon Landry to your Kansas City Chiefs! With Eric Berry and him patrolling, there's no doubt that we'll have an amazing passing defense. Brandon Flowers, Eric Berry, and LaRon Landry will certainly be feared by passing offenses everywhere. In Landry's only year with the New York Jets, he managed a total of 71 tackles and two interceptions. Though he allowed a total of thirty-five catches, we think, with some good teammates, this number will significantly drop. It was just a down year for him, as he was getting use to a new playbook. But, while he'll have to relearn yet again, he'll actually have some backup to give him a little more time to learn the playbook fully. As stated, this acquisition will surely bolster our passing defense.

Out of our two signings, the last one was the biggest. Though, that's not to say our potential starting quarterback isn't anything special.

Matt Leinart will officially be joining the Chiefs as a starting candidate for next year. With only one quarterback on the roster, this position desperately needed another player in case Cassel were to leave due to injury. Leinart has not had the career that many people believed he was going to have, but we believe that he has a shot to be a very talented player here in Kansas City. He will have an opportunity. Just like Cassel will. If he impresses us enough, he'll likely be the starting quarterback for next year. It all depends on his practices and preseason play.

That's all for the free agency period. Join me next time for the recap of the 2013 NFL Draft!
  • Best Unsigned Free Agents:

QB: Kurt Warner
    MLB James Laurinaitis
    WR Greg Jennings
    CB Sheldon Brown
    CB Terrance Newman

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »