Home

Starting Over: A Jacksonville Jaguars CCM

This is a discussion on Starting Over: A Jacksonville Jaguars CCM within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #41
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Starting Over: A Jacksonville Jaguars CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
You're welcome. Are those ratings via schemes or in-game depth chart?
I looked at the depth chart in the CCM menu, so...by scheme? I think.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
I looked at the depth chart in the CCM menu, so...by scheme? I think.
Okay...yeah, the overall ratings in the roster and depth chart menus in CCM are based on the schemes. When you play an actual game or practice and look at the depth chart to see the players overall rating, thats what I meant by in-game. The overall ratings are different which is why I asked.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #43
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Okay...yeah, the overall ratings in the roster and depth chart menus in CCM are based on the schemes. When you play an actual game or practice and look at the depth chart to see the players overall rating, thats what I meant by in-game. The overall ratings are different which is why I asked.
Alright, thanks for clarifying.

To readers: do you want me to post the depth chart/roster overall ratings for the rookies?

Old 05-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #44
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Jaguars Mailbag: Preseason News, Draft Wrapup, Thoughts, Etc.

Draft Wrapup
The Jaguars finally got a new quarterback. After electing not to sign, or even target, a capable veteran signal caller in free agency, everyone knew/hoped where the Jags would go in the first round. Ole Miss QB Michael Belt was taken 12th overall with Jacksonville's new regime (Khan, Bradley and Caldwell.) It would have been great if the Jaguars got highly touted [understatement of the year] quarterback Jordan Parks, who went 2nd overall. Yet the Jags weren't willing to sacrifice too much to move up and get him. Then the 2nd best QB, Jody Kelly, went to the Vikings. So, the Jaguars went with the best QB left, Belt. Belt enters a quarterback situation arguably worst in the league. Scratch that; worst in the league. Seemingly everyone with a quarterback problem got one in free agency. Matt Schaub to the Browns, Vince Young to the Dolphins. Kurt Warner to the Cardinals.Belt has been said to be immobile in the pocket itself, but has some ability to get out of trouble by tucking and running some. Belt possesses good arm strength, and good play action skills. I expect Belt to start day one, for better or worse.

With the next 3 picks, the Jaguars drafted weapons for Belt to use. WR Derek Childers, though fans booed his selection, has size and speed on his side. WR Jacob Courtney was said to be a good value pick, and has speed and catching ability, but his route running needs work. TE Dosha Holloway won't start but will instead develop behind Marcedes Lewis and see playing time on two-tight end packages.

With the next two picks, the Jaguars added depth to their defense. Pound and Wallace probably won't see playing time right away. Lastly, the Jags drafted HB Andrew Lane, who could develop behind MoJo.

Preseason Invites:

The Jaguars signed several veteran names as well as a pair of UDFA's to the team for a chance to compete.

HB Chris Ivory: Ivory heads to Jacksonville and will most likely be the 2nd HB on the depth chart. Ivory formerly played for the Saints before being released after the 2012 season.

QB Chase Daniel: The Jaguars decided to add a free agent QB after all. Daniel adds to the complicated quarterback "competition.**"
** More on that later.

WR Blade Shaddix UDFA: Shaddix adds depth at WR, which the Jags need with Justin Blackmon suspended the first four games of the season. Shaddix has great catching skills but lacks "football IQ."

TE Brandon Bennett UDFA: Bennett will most likely be the 3rd TE on the depth chart, if he makes the roster at all. Bennett has good size and catching ability, but also lacks football IQ.

LE William Hayes: The Jaguars were rumored to have interest in Hayes during the initial wave of free agency, but chose to target other players instead. Hayes, still unemployed until the Jags signed him, adds a piece to a level playing field battle at defensive end. Hayes last played for the Rams before testing Free Agency.

DT Henry Melton: Somehow, Henry Melton didn't find a job in free agency. Melton was one of the better and younger options at DT during Free Agency. The Jaguars get a quality player here.

CB Sam Shields: What?! How'd Shields leave Free Agency unemployed? The Jaguars really wanted to sign him in March, but didn't think they had a chance as many other teams were trying to sign Shields. Shields improves the CB corps.

FS Gibril Wilson: Above all else, this is an effort to push incumbent starter Dwight Lowery to improve.

WR Randy Moss: Nobody wanted to take a flyer of a chance on Moss, as he's aging and arguably declining. Moss is one of the better WR's the NFL has seen in the past decade. This could be a very good weapon for Belt, and if all else fails, Moss could teach the younger WRs (I'm looking at you, Justin Blackmon) to improve off and on the field.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #45
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Preseason Week One

News

Congratulations to Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher, who were inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Though Urlacher and Lewis were enshrined, London Fletcher was controversially snubbed and will have to wait till next year.
Also snubbed? WR Terrell Owens who, though he has had his share of off the field troubles, had a great career.

Preseason Week 1 vs. Raiders
This will be a battle of two bottom dwellers. The Raiders reworked their offensive line in free agency, signing G Geoff Schwartz, C Max Unger, and T Barry Richardson, who are all starting. The Raiders drafted a DT in the form of Orlan Young who they hope to groom to be Richard Seymour's replacement when Seymour steps away from the game. Also, the Raiders drafted a MLB, Jamal Gause, who is heavily pushing injury prone/trouble maker Rolando McClain for the starting job. Justin Durant was signed by Oakland, and will start at ROLB. LaRon Landry is starting at FS, whose hard hitting style enticed the Raiders to sign him in Free Agency.

Jaguars Storylines:
This is Michael Belt's debut, and he has the starting job. It's officially his to lose. Throughout the preseason, Gus Bradley says he plans to give all 4 of the Jags quarterbacks a start and see who looks best.

Who will win the position battle at LE? Will it be incumbent starter Jeremy Mincey, who has the advantage, or free agent additions William Hayes or Kyke Moore? The same battle is occurring at RE, with William Hayes starting and battling off Kyle Moore and Austen Lane.

The battle at ROLB is wide open. Kaluka Maiava is currently starting, replacing injury prone Russell Allen, who's fighting to get his job back, and also free agent addition Gerald McRath, close in age and talent to Maiava.

Free Agent additions Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Sam Shields battle for the 3rd slot, while addition Elbert Mack fights for a spot at all.

Dwight Lowery should start at FS, unless he truly tanks. In that case, free agent addition Gibril Wilson will get the nod to start.

OJ Atogwe has taken the starting SS spot from Dawan Landry, but the battle's close. With several competitive position battles, the preseason should be exciting for Jags fans.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #46
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Thanks man! I'm debating if I should "release"/tell you guys the rookie overall ratings. They aren't pretty.

Preseason begins tonight.
I wouldn't worry about overalls. I checked them after my draft and I literally thought "oh great, 7 bums".

Once they're on the field, rookies seem to outperform ratings in my experience.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 05-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #47
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK0wnag3
I wouldn't worry about overalls. I checked them after my draft and I literally thought "oh great, 7 bums".

Once they're on the field, rookies seem to outperform ratings in my experience.
Yeah, I'm already sensing that.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Alright, thanks for clarifying.

To readers: do you want me to post the depth chart/roster overall ratings for the rookies?
Yes.....and if you do, in game please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »