Home

Ready For Miami? Dolphins CCM (M13)

This is a discussion on Ready For Miami? Dolphins CCM (M13) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Ready For Miami? Dolphins CCM (M13)

Nice over .500 hope you continue this hot streak.

NFL- BUCCS
NBA- MAGIC
NCCAF- FLA
AFGHANISTAN "2011-12" WAR VET

Redzone League
Cleveland Browns
Season 3 (7-9)
Season 4 (1-0)

Jacksonville Jaguars
Season 6 (0-0)
Old 05-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #34
Rookie

TheBastard's Arena

OVR: 1

Guys, because tomorrow I probably won't be able to post the next game, I will leave you with a question. Before the "trade deadline" I can re-sing 5 guys to a new contract and I wanted you to help decide who should remain a dolphin for the next years adn who should not or should be traded. Here are the players:

DT Randy Starks (90 OVR): I know what your thinking: "What?! Randy is a beast, you should definetly re-sing him!". I am probably going to re-sign Randy (he wants a 6-year $6.60M/yr contract and I have $55.46M cap room) but I wanted to know if there's someone who has other ideas. Do you think it would be better to trade him for some picks and let Soliai and another young DT lead be the starters? The teams Interested (3 bars) in Starks are: Broncos(4-2), Lions(1-5), Panthers(2-4), Rams(3-4), Texans(3-4) and Vikings(4-3).

RT Nate Garner (75 OVR): Garner costs me $1.10M and wants a 3-year $880K/yr contract. the point is that Garner only has 75 PBK and 85 RBK (similiar to most of the RT who are currently free agents). I also have rookie Jonathan Martin who is just slightly worse (72 PBK, 80 RBK, 72 OVR). Do you think I should just let him go and take a new tackle in free agency/draft?

FS Chris Clemons (80 OVR): Clemons will be back for the game against the Colts and it's been pretty good in both pass coverage and run stopping. He wants a 4-year $2.98M/yr contract and, for what I remember, there are no very good free safeties in the first year of free agency and I really don't want to pick a safety with my 1st round pick (probably the only good safety is in the early 2nd, so..). Only the Patriots(3-4) and the Redskins(2-5) have interest for Clemons. Also remember, that for this year I will also have Will Allen at FS.

QB Matt Moore (75 OVR): I don't think I'm going to re-sing him, but I want to know what do you think. He wants a 1-year $1.43M/yr contract, which I think it's too much for a backup. I think I can safely take another backup in the draft or after that.

TE Athony Fasano (72 OVR): Here's the hard question. Fasano it's been very good while he was on the field, but now that Egnew has showed me that he can play at the same level and he's also a lot faster (Fasano 73 SPD, Egnew 84 SPD) I really don't know what to do. I want a good 2nd TE, but I don't know if I should give Fasano a 3-year $2.20M/yr contract.

Let me know what you think!
Old 05-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #35
Rookie

TheBastard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yubbed
Nice over .500 hope you continue this hot streak.
Thanks! I'm still psychologically preparing for the two games that I'll have to play against the Patriots..lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBastard
Guys, because tomorrow I probably won't be able to post the next game, I will leave you with a question. Before the "trade deadline" I can re-sing 5 guys to a new contract and I wanted you to help decide who should remain a dolphin for the next years adn who should not or should be traded. Here are the players:

DT Randy Starks (90 OVR): I know what your thinking: "What?! Randy is a beast, you should definetly re-sing him!". I am probably going to re-sign Randy (he wants a 6-year $6.60M/yr contract and I have $55.46M cap room) but I wanted to know if there's someone who has other ideas. Do you think it would be better to trade him for some picks and let Soliai and another young DT lead be the starters? The teams Interested (3 bars) in Starks are: Broncos(4-2), Lions(1-5), Panthers(2-4), Rams(3-4), Texans(3-4) and Vikings(4-3).

RT Nate Garner (75 OVR): Garner costs me $1.10M and wants a 3-year $880K/yr contract. the point is that Garner only has 75 PBK and 85 RBK (similiar to most of the RT who are currently free agents). I also have rookie Jonathan Martin who is just slightly worse (72 PBK, 80 RBK, 72 OVR). Do you think I should just let him go and take a new tackle in free agency/draft?

FS Chris Clemons (80 OVR): Clemons will be back for the game against the Colts and it's been pretty good in both pass coverage and run stopping. He wants a 4-year $2.98M/yr contract and, for what I remember, there are no very good free safeties in the first year of free agency and I really don't want to pick a safety with my 1st round pick (probably the only good safety is in the early 2nd, so..). Only the Patriots(3-4) and the Redskins(2-5) have interest for Clemons. Also remember, that for this year I will also have Will Allen at FS.

QB Matt Moore (75 OVR): I don't think I'm going to re-sing him, but I want to know what do you think. He wants a 1-year $1.43M/yr contract, which I think it's too much for a backup. I think I can safely take another backup in the draft or after that.

TE Athony Fasano (72 OVR): Here's the hard question. Fasano it's been very good while he was on the field, but now that Egnew has showed me that he can play at the same level and he's also a lot faster (Fasano 73 SPD, Egnew 84 SPD) I really don't know what to do. I want a good 2nd TE, but I don't know if I should give Fasano a 3-year $2.20M/yr contract.

Let me know what you think!
For Starks depends if you can replace him early or if the DT stocks are good. Depending on those I'd make the decision to keep or say bye. If it was me I'd resign him to a new contract.

Gardner seems to be cheap for a couple of years don't hurt to have him either sit or start.

Clemons I woud resign plenty of cap he won't hurt you financially.

Moore to me isn't worth the contract, I'm sure you could find or draft someone who may be equal or slightly worse. I would only sign him to a cheaper contract if he accepts it.

Fasano is a solid tight end, you have plenty of cap space and wouldn't hurt to keep him on the roster.

NFL- BUCCS
NBA- MAGIC
NCCAF- FLA
AFGHANISTAN "2011-12" WAR VET

Redzone League
Cleveland Browns
Season 3 (7-9)
Season 4 (1-0)

Jacksonville Jaguars
Season 6 (0-0)
Old 06-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #37
Rookie

TheBastard's Arena

Week 8 Awards

NFC Offensive Player of the Week
D. Brees (NO) 25-37, 338 YDS, 4 TD, 1 INT | 1 CAR, 2 YDS, 1 TD

NFC Defensive Player of the Week
G. Hardy (CAR) 4 TKL, 1 SACKS, 1 INT

AFC Offensive Player of the Week
B. Roethlisberger (PIT) 30-40, 401 YDS, 4 TD, 2 INT

AFC Defensive Player of the Week
P. Lee (MIA) 5 TKL, 1 INT, 1 TD

Dolphins Injury Report

R. Jones (SS) Broken Collarbone: 1 Week
D. Bess (WR) Foot Fracture: 6 Weeks
C. Wake (RE) Dislocated Elbow: 2 Weeks
D. Patterson (CB) (IR)

Chris Clemons will finally be back to play after his injury and is ready to hel the Dolphins win, while receiver Davone Bess will be out for nearly the rest of the season because of a foot fracture suffered in the last game against the Jets. Miami also made some contract offer to his players: defensive tackle Randy Starks has been already re-signed with a 6-year $48.0M contract. Instead, backuo quarterback Matt Moore rejected a 1-year $1M extension "I think I'm worth more than that" said Moore "Maybe I'm not the best at my position, but I know there are teams out there that know how much I'm worth.". Still no news about Clemons and tigh end Anthony Fasano.
Talking about the next game, the Colts won against the Titans 34-16. Andrew Luck threw for nearly 300 yards, 3 touchdowns to go along with only 1 interception, while runningback Pierre Thomas rushed for 116 yards and another touchdown. They have the 9th ranked offense and..the number 1 defense in the NFL right now. 7-0 against 4-3: are the Colts going to blow out the Dolphins, or we are going to see an upset?

Other Stuff
  • Shonn Greene has confirmed that he's healed and rady to return to the field an compete.
  • For the Dolphins, good news came early this week when they weere told Chris Clemons was healthy enough to return to the team.
  • Performance or popularity, it's always a question of which will win out when Pro Bowl voting begins.

Draft Stories
  • Heisman hopeful Georgia HB Gary Pruitt amassed 350 all-purpose yards in a dueal-threat effort against Virginia Tech.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #38
Rookie

TheBastard's Arena

Pro Bowl Voting

Here are the first pro bowl votings. The Dolphins have 3 players that have been voted to the Pro Bowl for now: G Richie Incognito, CB Richard Marshall and (wait for it) T Nate Garner. Strange fact that Marshall has been voted over Sean Smith, who also has an INT return for a touchdown. The only teams that don't have a player voted to the Pro Bowl are: the Chigago Bears, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Dallas Cowboys. The San Francisco 49ers have 11 players voted to the Pro Bowl. (You can't see the RG and RT because they couldn't fit in the table).

2012 NFL Pro Bowl Rosters
AFC OffensePosVotesNFC OffensePosVotes
P. Manning (DEN)QBC. Kaepernick (SF)QB
A. Luck (IND)QBD. Brees (NO)QB
R. Fitzpatrick (BUF)QBM. Ryan (ATL)QB
R. Mathews (SD)HBC. Benson (GB)HB
R. Rice (BAL)HBM. Lynch (SEA)HB
A. Foster (HOU)HBF. Gore (SF)HB
C. McIntyre (BUF)FBD. Sproles (NO)HB
D. Dickerson (IND)FBB. Miller (SF)FB
D. Heyward-Bey (OAK)WRJ. Collins (NO)FB
S. Johnson (BUF)WRC. Johnson Jr. (DET)WR
W. Welker (NE)WRJ. Nelson (GB)WR
S. Holmes (NYJ)WRS. Moss (WAS)WR
B. Lloyd (NE)WRL. Fitzgerald (ARI)WR
R: Wayne (IND)WRM. Colston (NO)WR
A. Brown (PIT)WRM. Mannigham (SF)WR
R. Gronkowski (NE)TED. Amendola (STL)WR
J. Tamme (DEN)TET. Gonzales (ATL)TE
M. Lewis (JAK)TEG. Olsen (CAR)TE
A. Castonzo (IND)TV. Davis (SF)TE
D. Brown (HOU)TC. Clifton (ATL)T
R. Incognito (MIA)GJ. Bushrod (NO)T
L. Mankins (NE)GM. Iupati (SF)G
A. Mack (CLE)CB. Grubbs (NO)G
A. Caldwell (IND)CJ. Sullivan (MIN)C
D. Connolly (NE)GC. Goodwin (SF)C
E. Winston (KC)TJ. Evans (NO)G
N. Garner (MIA)TZ. Strief (NO)T
AFC DefensePosVotesNFC DefensePosVotes
M. Wilkerson (NYJ)DEJ. Jones (SEA)DE
T. Jackson (KC)DEB. Robinson (MIN)DE
A. Carter (OAK)DER. Quinn (STL)DE
F. Moala (IND)DEC. Clemons (SEA)DE
T. Knighton (JAK)DTN. Suh (DET)DT
G. Atkins (CIN)DTT. Laws (STL)DT
D. Peko (CIN)DTC. Jenkins (PHI)DT
V. Miller (DEN)OLBR. McIntosh (STL)OLB
D. Smith (JAK)OLBR. Kerrigan (WAS)OLB
B. Spikes (NE)MLBB. Wagner (SEA)MLB
D. Jackson (CLE)MLBE. Henderson (ATL)MLB
W. Witherspoon (TEN)OLBE. Henderson (MIN)OLB
J. Mayo (NE)OLBJ. Vilma (NO)OLB
A. Cason (SD)CBC. Finnegan (STL)CB
R. Marshall (MIA)CBC. Rodgers (SF)CB
A. Cromartie (NYJ)CBG. Toler (ARI)CB
D. Butler (IND)CBE. Mack (Saints)CB
G. Quin Jr. (HOU)FST. Jackson (PHI)FS
A. Bethea (IND)FSD. Goldson (SF)FS
D. Manning (HOU)SSS. Jones (DET)SS
T. Ward (CLE)SSW. Moore (ATL)SS
AFC Special TeamsPosVotesNFC Special TeamsPosVotes
P. Dawson (CLE)KL. Tynes (NYG)K
P. McAfee (IND)PJ. Hekker (STL)P
Old 06-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #39
Rookie

TheBastard's Arena

I decided that the re-signing of both Clemons and Fasano will be decided at the end of the season.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:50 AM   #40
Rookie

TheBastard's Arena

Mr. Clutch fails as the Dolphins upset the Colts, 19-17 W

The Colts had 90 more yards of total offense than the Dolphins, they passed for 160 yards more, they gained more 1st downs, they had a better 3rd %, they had a statistically better quarterback, they had a way better receiving corp, they had the 1# defense...but they still lost at home against a team that started the season 1-3. No one was expecting this, probably not even the Dolphins' coaches or players, but miracles happen!

The game started with the Dolphins completely shutting down the Colts offense that was trying to establish the run with Pierre Thomas, who instead was constantly being stopp behind the line by Miami's linebackers. "After this game, I know Pierre's face more than his parents do!" said Karlos Dansby, who ended the game with 13 tackles and stopping Thomas in clutch moments. The Dolphins took the first lead thanks to some long runs by Lamar Miller, helping the Dolphins to get in the redzone, where rookie Ryan Tannehill found receiver Mike Williams for the first points of the game.

The Colts answered in the second quarter, driving down the field using his strong passing game, that saw rookies Andrew Luck and Coby Fleener connecting multiple times, also completing a long bomb, with a diving catch by Fleener, that put Indianapolis near the goal line. From there, Vick Ballard punched it in with a 9 yards run for the touchdown, tying the game. Later the Colts took the lead with a short field goal near the end of the quarter. With 4 seconds left on the clock, the Dolphins were on the opponents' 41-yard line, with some runs also by Tannehill, scrambling for a nice gain of 15 yards. And here it comes..after the "Kicking Festival" against the Cincinnati bengals, the Dolphins field goal unit has been called the "Kicking circus", and if this is true, after this game it's sure that Dan Carpenter is the cannon man..or better, the "Cannon leg". The 59-yards field is up and it's right between the uprights! Caprenter tied the game right at the end of the second quarter.

The undefeated Colts didn't want to be upsetted in their home stadium and immediately drove down the field, ending with a touchdown run by Thomas giving them the lead. Now the Dolphins neded to break through the 1# defense in the NFL, but has you could imagine, despite the success of the running game, also beginning to not work as well as it was in the first half, the Dolphins had a hard time throwing the ball, which led to some failed 3rd down conversions. But why would you need to go all the way, when you can score 3 sure points from the 40-yard line? Carpenter continued the show putting up 6 more points, both coming from 50+ yards field goals. The Dolphins are now down by only 1 point at the start of the 4th quarter.

The defense hold on against the powerful offense of Indianapolis but they still couldn't get it done on offense. With just 2:33 left on the clock, Carpenter managed to kick another long field goal giving Miami a 2-point lead. The Colts just needed to get in field goal range for their kicker and the game would have been pretty much over. Despite forcing a 4th down, the Dolphins couldn't stop their opponents to pick up the first, even with some key drops by the receivers. Then again, it's 4th down. They are on the Dolphins 37-yard line and they are calling the field goal unit. Mr. Clutch, Adam Vinatieri enters the field, ready to kick the 55-yards field goal. Everyone was holding their breath..they new that Vinatieri is well known for kicking perfect kicks in clutch moments, that's were his nickname comes from, and the stadium became quiet all of a sudden. Ball is snapped, kick is up and...IT'S NO GOOD! The ball was kicked wide to the right and the Dolphins just have to kneel down to take the win!

Everybody on the sideline is screaming, someone is crying from happiness and at Lucas Oil Stadium you could only hear the Dolphins' fans cheering for their team, as most of the stadium was still quiet. "When I saw that ball going to the right I though 'OH MY GOD! DON'T TELL ME.." said coach Foster with a big smile on his face. "I'm proud of my guys, they fought until the end!".

The Dolphisn are now 5-3 and the Colts suffered their first loss on the season. The next game will be against the 2-7 Tennessee Titans, who in the same night won 45-22 against the Chicago Bears. They have the worst defense in the NFL and the 22th ranked offense led by Matt Hasselbeck, Chris Johnson and Kenall Wright. Chris Johnson has rushed for 921 yards and 6 touchdowns and he also has 18 receptions fro 272 yards and 4 touchdowns, for a 1193 yards and 10 touchdowns all-purpose..this is just 152 yards less then what Ryan Tannehill did all season, but without the interceptions. Wright has 400 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns, on the other part Brian Hartline is the leading receiver in Miami: 271 yards and 3 touchdowns..Even if the record is way different, the Titans seems to be individually better.

Miami Dolphins @ Indianapolis Colts
1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Miami Dolphins (4-3)0106319
Indianapolis Colts (7-0)0107017
Team Stats Comparison
MIANYJ
Total Offense252333
Rushing Yards16890
Passing Yards84243
First Downs1316
Punt Return Yards347
Kick Return Yards520
Total Yards338340
Turnovers00
3rd Down Converstion3-11 (27%)5-13 (38%)
4th Down Conversion1-1 0-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1-12-1
Penalties2-204-35
Posession Time27:2623:34

Miami Dolphins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
R. Tannehill8/138710
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
L. Miller291354.60
R. Tannehill3258.30
M. Thigpen284.00