Home

2013 College Football National Cup (World Cup Format)

This is a discussion on 2013 College Football National Cup (World Cup Format) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2013, 01:47 AM   #41
Rookie

BuckeyeBoy315's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2013 College Football National Cup (World Cup Format)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
awesome work so far Buckeye, keep it up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desalbert
Just amazing. As a lover of the World Cup (Soccer) this captures all of that intensity and all of that glory that I miss and wish I could see every year. It's inherent in the format, and I think this has it right.

More importantly, the production of this is just top class. The video highlight, the opening "soundtrack", the voice-overs as if it's a real commentary-- Man.

Dude. My words fail me and I revert to base monkiers.

This. IS. TREMENDOUS
Guys I really appreciate all of the kind words! Really glad you like this. Love doing this things.

The soccer comment is my thought as well. I don't know if I could do this the year AFTER the World Cup. It would depress me too much! Love the music. Love the neutral sites. Greatest tournament in the world.

Again, I hope you continue to enjoy it!

BROWNS - CAVALIERS - INDIANS - WHALERS - PENN STATE

Last edited by BuckeyeBoy315; 07-24-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #42
Just started!

OVR: 0

I really love your work keep it up !
Old 07-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #43
Rookie

BuckeyeBoy315's Arena

GROUP D - Day Four

Florida - 45 vs. Boise State - 14
Memorial Stadium - Clemson, SC

Clemson, SC - Going into Florida's (1-0-0/3PTs) game against Boise State (0-1-0/0PTs), Loucheiz Purifoy had a career total of 0 interceptions. After watching the junior defensive back on Monday Night, you would never even know it.

Purifoy had 4 of Florida's 6 interceptions of Boise State's Joe Southwick as the Gators whipped up on the Broncos 45-14. The contest at Memorial Stadium in Clemson, South Carolina was never really close as Florida now joins Michigan atop the standings as Group D is shaping up to be rather lopsided.

While Purifoy stole the show on defense, it was Florida running back Matt Jones that did the same on the offensive side of the ball. Jones landed haymaker after haymaker, as he racked up 5 touchdowns on 239 yard rushing. He capped out the end of the first and second halves with 77-yard and 76-yard touchdowns, respectively. The race for the National Cup rushing title is shaping up to be the most compelling storyline so far.

"I know Danny [Sams], [Bishop] Sankey and Ameer [Abdullah] all went off in their games," said Jones. "I mean, I am more concerned about winning, but is nice to have a little friendly competition with those guys. You always want to be the best at your position, so if that's where I end up then I will be rather pleased.:

The Boise State defense had no chance at stopping Matt Jones from the get-go, but their offense has an equal amount of trouble even managing to gain any yards. In-fact, they lost yards on the official stat sheet, as they became the first team in the tournament to rush for negative yards with -9.

You would never know it by looking at the score, but Boise State managed to throw more passing yards than Florida, as they finished the game with 270. While 270 yards and 1 touchdown is not bad, it was Joe Southwick's 6 interceptions that knocked Florida back early and out of the game by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

"Just terrible. I can't even really fathom how I did that," said Southwick. "I never threw more than 1 interception in a game last season and I only threw 7 all year. To do what I did today is embarrassing and pathetic. I have a lot to do to make up for this. Plain and simple."

Out of the 6 interceptions, 4 of them came as drive killers inside of Florida territory. Boise State limped off the field at the end of almost every drive and the relentless Gators would not stop beating the Broncos into the ground. Even with the lead in hand, Florida did not let up, but Boise State head coach Chris Peterson sees no problem with running it up.

"Do you guys know what is on the standings with wins, losses and ties?" said Peterson. "Point differential. You think Will [Muschamp] wants to, if it gets to it, see his team eliminated because he feels bad for a team and lets up, and then loses out because of point differential? I don't blame him for running it up at all."

Florida may be in good position with a plus-31 point differential, but the story is much different for Boise State. The Broncos will now look to make up serious ground in that department, as they stay in Clemson to take on Illinois. The Fighting Illini (0-0-1/0PTs) have issues of their own, as they sport a minus-28 point differential. Florida will now match-up with Michigan (1-0-0/3PTs) in Iowa City for one of the premiere match-ups of the group stage. The winner will guarantee themselves a spot in the knockout stage.

Copyright by STATS CFNCA and The National Cup Media Bureau

TOP PLAYS:

PLAY OF THE DAY - Presented by Leinenkugel

Matt Jones ends the first half with an explosive 77-yard touchdown

CLICK SPOILER TO VIEW BOX SCORE

Spoiler

GROUP D STANDINGS

GROUP D
TEAMGPWDLPTS
Florida+311003
Michigan+281003
Illinois-280010
Boise State-310010

Last edited by BuckeyeBoy315; 07-27-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #44
Rookie

BuckeyeBoy315's Arena

GROUP E - Day Five

Alabama - 31 vs. Oklahoma State - 10
Memorial Stadium - Bloomington, IN

Bloomington, IN - Alabama (1-0-0/3PTs) has won just about everything the last few years and in their history. So why not just add the newest NCAA Championship to that list?

The number one team in the country wasted no time in their chase for the College Football National Cup crown, as the Crimson Tide plowed right through Oklahoma State (0-1-0/0PTs) with a 31-10 victory. From the beginning of the game Alabama jumped on the Cowboys and did so with the power of their All-America running back.

"I knew our gameplan was going to be loaded with rush attempts for me," said Alabama running back T.J. Yeldon. "Without a solid start on the ground I knew they'd focus on AJ [McCarron], and their pass defense is too good to let them control the game. The statistics weren't great, but I [couldn't] care less about that compared to a 3-point victory."

Yeldon's yards per carry, 3.9, were not stellar, but with 134-all purpose yards and 4 touchdowns, Oklahoma State head coach Mike Guny said that the Crimson Tide running back may be selling himself short.

"[Laughing] Did he really say that?" said Gundy. "I guess when you're at Alabama you hold yourself to a higher standard. The kid played well. Hell, they all played well. They are the best team in the country for a reason."

Yeldon scored the first three Alabama touchdowns, two on the ground and one coming off a screen pass. With Oklahoma State's first score coming at the end of the 3rd quarter, already down 24-0, they never really come within even a slight reach of the Crimson Tide. The offense did move the ball, and quarterback Clint Chelf was an impressive 15-for-17 with 154-yards and 1 touchdown, but most of their drives stalled due to Alabama locking down and coming up with sacks and tackles for losses.

Like they always do, Alabama hid most of their weapons in order to not give away too much of what they can offer. AJ McCarron quietly went 9-for-13 with 210 yards and 1 touchdown, along with multiple three completions of 25-yards or further to setup T.J. Yeldon touchdown runs.

Head coach Nick Saban knows his Crimson Tide have a target on their backs and that not revealing their hand for the rest of the National Cup was key in this contest.

"I thought we were great. I don't say that often, but we were able to take a different approach and still play at a high level," said Saban. "We aren't going to play every game the same way. This whole tournament doesn't allow for you to make yourselves too predictable, because the competition is top notch each and every week."

The competition, while still no pushover, does get a little easier for Alabama in their second game, as they will travel to Denver, Colorado to take on the home-state United States Air Force Academy. Meanwhile, Oklahoma State will have to pick themselves up after a disappointing loss, as they take on a popular underdog pick California. The Cowboys will get to leave the midwest however and travel to a familiar site from the Big XII: Lubbock, Texas.

TOP PLAYS:

T.J. Yeldon takes a screen pass 33-yards for a second half touchdown

Spoiler

GROUP E STANDINGS

GROUP E
TEAMGPWDLPTS
Alabama+211003
California00000
Air Force00000
Oklahoma State-210010

Last edited by BuckeyeBoy315; 07-27-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #45
Rookie

BuckeyeBoy315's Arena

GROUP E - Day Five

California-Berkley - 24 vs. Air Force - 21
Jones AT&T Stadium - Lubbock Texas

Lubbock, TX - Sometimes calls don't your way. Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. Sometimes the reviews of plays don't go your way. It isn't often, however, that all three of those happen within the first 2-minutes of a game.

After a bad spot, fumbled snap on a field goal and a blown replay review, Air Force (0-1-0/0PTs) couldn't quite catch up to California (1-0-0/3PTs) in a down-to-the-wire 31-28 victory for the Golden Bears.

On a 3rd and 1 from the California 3-yard line in the first quarter, Air Force quarterback Kale Pearson had appeared to gain enough yards for a first down. The spot was well short and even pushed the Falcons back to a 4th and 2. As they settled for an opening field, the nap was low and Air Force didn't even get a kick off.

California would then march down the field until they found themselves with a 3rd and 8 from the Air Force 25 yard line. California quarterback Zach Kline threw a pass to the back right corner of the endzone which was ruled incomplete, despite looking as though Air Force cornerback Dexter Walker had intercepted the pass. With clear evidence, or so they thought, Air Force challenged the play, only to have the call on the field stand. California would go on to kick a 42 yard field goal, 3-points that would prove crucial to the outcome.

"Look, I don't like blaming the game on one play. Let's clear that up," said Air Force head coach Troy Calhoun. "With that said, the replay review was horrendous. Dex [Walker] clearly had one foot in-bounds. The momentum could've swung big time and the outcome might've been different. Oh, and before we move on, don't even ask me about the spot on our first drive. Ridiculous."

California countered Air Force's touchdowns all game long with scores of their own, but their hail mary to end the first half, following a failed Air Force onside kick, may've been the biggest play of the game. The touchdown put the Golden Bears up at the half by 10-points, their largest deficit of the game. While Air Force opened up the second half with a successful onside kick, followed by a touchdown, Calhoun says he regrets kicking the onside kick at the end of the first half.

"I am not saying I don't have confidence in our boys, but it was a little too aggressive," said Calhoun. "The idea of a hail mary didn't cross my mind. That's just flat out bad coaching, I credit them for sticking with California despite my error."

After a touchdown that made the score 31-28, with 0:36 remaining and 3-timeouts left, Air Force was able to get the ball back with 0:10 remaining, but all of their desperation heaves fell short.

The game was just as close as the score indicated, as well, so the idea of one or two plays tipping the final score is not too far off. Air Force gained 339 yards of total offense off of 73 rush yards and 266 passing yards, while California had a total of 334 yards with 72 on the ground and 262 through the air.

Opposing quarterbacks Zach Kline of California and Kale Pearson of Air Force combined for 528 yards passing, 8 touchdowns and a 71.4% completion percentage. Most surprising were Pearson's number, as Air Force is primarily a triple option team. California knew that shutting down the triple option was key, but head coach Sonny ****s says the team was too relaxed in the passing game.

"We were lucky so many things went our way. I'll be the first to admit it, too," said ****s. "Our defense was not very dominant. It is one thing to stop the option, which we did, but it is another thing to do so and still give up a boat load of passing yards. Makes the whole rush defense almost irrelevant."

A play that, in the end, didn't have much relevance to the game, may prove to be the defense play of the entire National Cup. Joey Nichol's close line hit on Dante Jefferson got all of the Lubbock crowd on their feet and will surely be talked about on all sports shows and internet sites for weeks.

"Holy s***. [laughing] That's all I thought," said Jefferson. "Completely clean hit, too, as it was right in my chest. My head hurts and he made sure I was okay. But wow, I really was hoping I would never get "Clowney-ed" and I sure did."

Jefferson will have to get right back up on his feet, as the Golden Bears will turnaround and face a battered Oklahoma State (0-1-0/0PTs) in Lubbock. The Cowboys are coming off of a smackdown at the hands of number one ranked Alabama (1-0-0/3PTs). It'll be the Crimson Tide as the next opponent for a snake-bitten Air Force squad. Even with the daunting task, the Falcons have one advantage: the game will be played close to home in Denver.

TOP PLAYS:

Joey Nichol lays a vicious close-line hit. Early contender for Play of the National Cup

BONUS PLAY:

Klein's half-ending hail-mary wows the Lubbock crowd

BONUS PLAY:

Pearson inches Air Force closer with a wild tackle-breaking touchdown pass

Spoiler

GROUP E STANDINGS

GROUP E
TEAMGPWDLPTS
Alabama+211003
California+31003
Air Force-30010
Oklahoma State-210010

Last edited by BuckeyeBoy315; 07-27-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #46
Rookie

BuckeyeBoy315's Arena

GROUP F - Day Six

Georgia - 14 vs. Connecticut - 15
Lane Stadium - Blacksburg, VA

Blacksburg, VA - Connecticut (1-0-0/3PTs) quarterback Jake Viner had one of the worst passing days in NCAA history heading into the fourth quarter against Georgia (0-1-0/0PTs). Down 14-0, Viner was 4-for-17 with 93 yards passing and 4 interceptions.

The only statistic that mattered in the end? The final score of 15-14, in favor of the Huskies.

Viner helped Connecticut roar back with an incredible 93-yards and 1 touchdown on only 4 completions in the final minutes of the game. His pass to Geremy Davis with 43-seconds left was capped off by a scamper to the corner of the endzone for a go-ahead 2-point conversion. Aaron Murray and Georgia had no response, as the Bulldog quarterback was sacked as time expired.

Somehow, someway, Viner had pulled off a magic-like comeback to shock number five ranked Georgia.

"It was incredible. To have such a bad game and to come back and make it up to my teammates was just awesome," said the freshman Viner. "I owe a lot to our defense for allowing to have a few chances to redeem myself in the end and I am glad I didn't let them down."

After Lyle McCombs pulled Connecticut within 7 with a 1-yard touchdown, the Huskies marched down the field in the blink of an eye with a strike from Jake Viner to wide receiver Brian Kaye for 49-yards into the redzone. After the touchdown on the next play, head coach Paul Paqualoni rolled the dice, successfully, with a 2-point conversion that put Blacksburg, Virginia in a state of pandemonium.

"You know, I knew things hadn't gone our way our day. I saw the opportunity and knew that we needed to take advantage of our momentum and a little string of luck," said Pasqualoni of the conversion attempt. "Jake [Viner] made a great play to scramble out immediately and the rest is history. The atmosphere in that stadium following his run was unbelievable. Best I have seen in years."

If Connecticut was a dud in the first 3 quarters, Georgia was a dud in the last quarter. Quarterback Aaron Murray couldn't charge his offense enough and the Bulldogs failed to put more pressure on the Huskies after a solid first half. Head coach Mark Richt knows that Georgia blew far too many opportunities on Wednesday.

"They did their best to hand us chance after chance to put them away," said Rich. "The problem was that as quickly as they did that, we just fired those chances right back at them. That team is too good to not put away early in the second half. They were rust in the first half and finally scorched us as the game ended."

Georgia also only scored one offensive touchdown on the day, as the other score game off of the National Cup's first ever blocked field goal return for a touchdown. John Jenkins returned the ball 53-yards for a Georgia touchdown after a mess of a field goal opportunity by the Huskies.

Georgia now has to get back on track, as they will take on Alabama-Birmingham all the way across the country in Berkley, California. Meanwhile, Connecticut will have to face, Nutmeg State native, quarterback Q McLaurin and Alabama-Birmingham in a matchup 1-hour away from the Blazer's campus. If Alabama-Birmingham defeats San Diego State and Connecticut defeats the Blazers in their matchup, the Huskies will advance to the knockout stage of the National Cup.

TOP PLAYS:

John Jenkins takes a fumbled field goal for a 49-yard touchdown

BONUS PLAY:

Jake Viner finds Geremy Davis for an 18-yard touchdown with 43-seconds left

BONUS PLAY:

Jake Viner runs to the corner for the go-ahead 2-PT conversion

Spoiler

GROUP F STANDINGS

GROUP F
TEAMGPWDLPTS
Connecticut+11003
San Diego State00000
Alabama-Birmingham00000
Georgia-10010

Last edited by BuckeyeBoy315; 07-27-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:40 AM   #47
Rookie

BuckeyeBoy315's Arena

THROUGH 12 GAMES

Old 07-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #48
Rookie

BuckeyeBoy315's Arena

GROUP F - Day Six

San Diego State - 38 vs. Alabama Birmingham - 17
Bryant-Denny Stadium - Tuscaloosa, AL

Tuscaloosa, AL - There have been plenty of outstanding performances in Bryant-Denny Stadium on the campus of the University of Alabama over the years. Joe Namath. Bart Starr. Johnny Manziel. Mark Ingram. Trent Richardson. Tim Tebow. Bo Jackson. Julio Jones. Q McLaurin.

You read that right - Alabama-Birmingham (1-0-0/3PTs) quarterback Q McLaurin can be added to that list, according to Alabama head coach Nick Saban.

"It was incredible. [Johnny] Manziel was pretty amazing in terms of speed and passing, but this Q [McLaurin] was on another level," said Saban, who was attending the game in Tuscaloosa. "Possibly the best performance I have ever seen in this stadium. Hats off to him and UAB for managing to swoop in and take this kid."

The performance was outstanding, as McLaurin threw 3 touchdown passes and rushed for 2 more in Alabama-Birmingham knocked off San Diego State (0-1-0/0PTs) by a final score of 38-17. McLaurin finished the day with 358 all-purpose yards, which puts him ahead of Kansas State quarterback Daniel Sams for most yards gained so far in the National Cup. The freshman quarterback attributed much of his success to his wide receivers.

"You saw the plays we ran. The read options require great receiver blocked, they really made my numbers happen today," said McLaurin. "They also caught the ball [laughing], especially [Joe Washington]. He caught two touchdowns and must've racked up 100-plus yards. That's damn impressive."

The impressive plays didn't come from Alabama-Birmingham to start the game, as San Diego State opened up with a long scoring drive to go up 7-0. From there on out it was all Blazers, though, as they pounded the Aztecs in the second quarter scoring 24-points.

"Great forced three and out. Great drive to score. Then after that, I just don't know what happened," said San Diego State head coach Rocky Long. "I get they played great defense, but our guys sat back and on the ropes and got punched the rest of the game. Very disappointing."

San Diego State did make the game appear to be close at one point, as they got the score to 24-17 early in the third quarter. After Alabama-Birmingham kicked a field goal with 1-second remaining, the team kicked the ball out of bounds and gave decent field position to the Aztecs. Kicker Seamus McMarrow kicked the third longest field goal in NCAA history, as it sailed 63-yards through the uprights. San Diego State running back Chase Price caught a 6-yard touchdown pass to make it a 7-point game, but the score was all smoke and mirrors.

Alabama-Birmingham's stiffed the San Diego State offense in the rest of the 3rd quarter and came out firing in the 4th quarter. A Q McLaurin and Joe Washington connection for a 67-yard touchdown, along with a McLaurin touchdown slammed the door on the Aztecs for good.

Alabama-Birmingham will now travel to Berkley, California to take on a Georgia (0-1-0/0PTs) team that endured a crushing loss to Connecticut (1-0-0/3PTs) in their first game. Meanwhile, San Diego State will stay in Tuscaloosa, Alabama as they take on Connecticut. If both Alabama-Birmingham and Connecticut win their games, they will clinch a spot in the knockout stage and eliminate Georgia and San Diego State. An elimination of #5 Georgia would surely be one of the most shocking events in NCAA Football in quite some time.

TOP PLAYS:

Joe Washington over the shoulder 51-yard touchdown catch from Q McLaurin

Spoiler

GROUP F STANDINGS

GROUP F
TEAMGPWDLPTS
Alabama-Birmingham+211003
Connecticut+11003
Georgia-10010
San Diego State-210010

Last edited by BuckeyeBoy315; 07-27-2013 at 07:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »