Home

NCAA 14 OS Old School: Steve_OS vs. TCrouch

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 OS Old School: Steve_OS vs. TCrouch within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
NCAA 14 OS Old School: Steve_OS vs. TCrouch

Alright, Steve and I decided to start an OD where we'd start as 1-star offensive coordinators and work our way up from there. We ran it with default AA difficulty, 7-minute quarters, with the only slider change being to drop the QB accuracy down to 25 for human and CPU (won't affect CPU for now since we're only playing offensive coordinators this season). We've plugged through almost half a season so far and are having a good time, but we started it before the fully named rosters were available. Our thought was by the time we get out of 1-school hell, most of the good guys will be gone anyway, so I used a roster I made with the top 50 players or so named and that's it.

Anyway, Steve decided to take Memphis for his first job, and I decided to roll with Georgia State. It's a battle to escape the basement!

So far, Steve's Memphis team is 2-3 after a hard-fought 22-20 win over the 3-2 Houston Cougars in Houston in week 7. This was a must-win game for him after UCF had just beaten his squad 35-28 the week before to drop them to 1-3. But getting back to within a game of 500 and facing off against SMU this week, he's got a real shot to get the Tigers back to 3-3 for the second half of the schedule.

My Georgia State team has beaten up on cupcakes, for the most part. We didn't change the schedule at all--so I had 3 wins in the first 4 games due to games against FCS schools. My lone loss in there was to the only "real" team I faced, naturally. West Virginia thumped my defense up and down the field. I went into BAMA and hung with them for a bit, coming as close as 21-17 at halftime, but then they rolled off 2 more unanswered TD's (and should have had another 2, but apparently they felt sorry for my CPU defense) to knock me off 35-29. With a 37-24 win against Troy in which my tailback set a school record with 25 carries for 209 yards and a score, it put Georgia State at 4-2 and surging heading into their second half:

We'll probably update this every couple games or so and find out who can get out of the cellar first!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

Re: NCAA 14 OS Old School: Steve_OS vs. TCrouch

Well, so much for that:

Old 07-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

So, right as I thought I hit rock bottom losing to Texas State...poor Steve lays a controller-throwing egg against SMU that only pictures can adequately describe.

I'm not sure either of us is qualified to run the offense of anything other than a pop warner team right now

Old 07-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

That was... my uhh... Daughter playing that game... Uh, ya... That's it... #@$@$@$%@#*^%*!@$%*!%$(!@^$(*^$@
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

After our own separate debacles in the previous week, both teams rebounded with wins this week:

My GSU Panthers beat the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers 24-14, and Steve's Memphis Tigers knocked off the 6-1 Cincinnati Bearcats 17-14. That puts both the Tigers and Panthers right in the middle of the pack in the conference standings.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
Rookie

BuckeyeBoy315's Arena

OVR: 3

Ha! This is great. I don't think I've ever actually laughed at a dynasty on here, but the 77-7 loss had me going. Nice bounce back win.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBoy315
Ha! This is great. I don't think I've ever actually laughed at a dynasty on here, but the 77-7 loss had me going. Nice bounce back win.
Don't make me ban you...
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

Georgia State finishes 2013 campaign 7-5, misses out on a Bowl Bid.

Memphis finishes the season 6-6, also missing out on a bowl, and OC Steve Noah's job security isn't exactly rock-solid heading into 2014.

GSU's Terry Crouch had job offers from 12 different schools to take the reins of Offensive Coordinator there, including programs that would be a step up, like Kansas and Ball State. But he chose to stick it out another year at Georgia State to see what some of the incoming freshmen could do, and with QB Chris McKinney returning for another year.

Over in Memphis, Steve's coaching carousel experience was brief. He sat by the phone, watching it. No rings. Hmm...checked the cable? Yep, it's plugged in. Watches it some more. Still no rings.

The entire coaching carousel came and went, without the Memphis offensive coordinator getting a single call or job offer from another school!

I didn't even know that was possible. I mean, I figured that somebody like South Alabama or UTSA would try to see if he'd go slumming. Nope! I mean, when South Alabama doesn't think you're suited to run its football program's offense, where do you go from here?

On a good note, his best wide receiver progressed to an 85 overall, and his #2 wideout is almost an 80, as well. His tailback is in the same range, so perhaps this year his Tigers will put some more points on the board and avoid embarrassments like 77-7 or the season-ending 48-19 debacle.

Georgia State got some pretty surprising transfer requests after their 7-5 campaign, even though 3 of those wins came against FCS schools, while they were 4-5 against Division 1 competition. An 80 OVR MLB transferred in from Alabama, instantly becoming the best player on the side of the ball that I'll never see play. And a 73 overall corner back committed to the team, becoming the second best player on a weak GSU squad.

2014 begins now, with both the GSU and Memphis programs looking to build on an above-average 2013.

Last edited by TCrouch; 07-18-2013 at 04:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »