Home

A New Era | A UCF Knights Dynasty (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on A New Era | A UCF Knights Dynasty (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2013, 12:45 AM   #9
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: A New Era | A UCF Knights Dynasty (NCAA 14)

good start with this bra, nice layout! just like Matt said, good to see you back. I doubt anyone remembers me but I used to do reports back on MM as well, but I always quit mid way.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
Wow, what a blow-out and great layout so far.
Thanks for following. Akron was no challenge at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
No way! You're back? Dude great to see you, crusader! I remember reading your Dolphins one from MM. Your layouts are some of the best; reminds me of Bdawg quite a lot.
Thanks man! I remember reading your stuff all of the time too. And BDawg was of course always my biggest inspiration for doing these. Wish he still did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBoy315
Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Love dynasties with in-depth game reports. Love game stories. Will follow for sure.
Appreciate it. I'm getting really into this one and love doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
good start with this bra, nice layout! just like Matt said, good to see you back. I doubt anyone remembers me but I used to do reports back on MM as well, but I always quit mid way.
Oh I'm pretty sure I remember you. Can't believe how long ago MM was though.

I'm enjoying this dynasty so far. I'm about halfway through the first season, just need to get caught up posting everything.

I have run into one thing that could be a big issue. The game has frozen twice now on me right after two of my first 7 games ended. That really needs to stop or I might not be able to keep this going.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #11
Just started!

OVR: 0

How will the knights weather this storm? I will be interested in seeing. They sure do have a tough schedule ahead. I'm just glad USF lost to FCS Southeast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #12
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgarick
How will the knights weather this storm? I will be interested in seeing. They sure do have a tough schedule ahead. I'm just glad USF lost to FCS Southeast
Friggin' EA always likes to give the shaft to USF. They've always overpowered UCF and made USF weaker as you move through dynasty. Funny though since UCF has never beaten USF.

Either way, not here to hijack the thread. I remember your dynasties from a few years ago CrusaderHoops. Enjoy your layouts and the approach you bring. Much like Deegeezy and BDawg. I will definitely be following. Looking forward to more from you!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #13
Rookie

Dontravious
Wilson

Wilson’s redshirt lifted in light of Johnson injury

Orlando, Fla. — True freshman halfback Dontravious Wilson had his redshirt lifted following halfback Storm Johnson’s broken ankle injury in Week 1 vs. Akron.

Wilson is just a 64 overall but will now be third on the depth chart behind Cedric Thompson and Micah Reed.

“We just can’t have only two running backs active each week,” UCF head coach Andrew Kennedy said. “Plus, we only have one fullback on the roster. I hope we don’t have to rely on Wilson at any point this season because I don’t think he’s ready yet.”

The Knights will be taking on Penn State on the road for their second game of the year next week.

The Nittany Lions are a slightly higher rated team in most positions, although they do have a true freshman starting at quarterback in Christian Hackenberg.

“Getting pressure on the quarterback and making him beat us with his arm is definitely going to be key next week,” Kennedy said. “Penn State is pretty solid at every other position. We did a nice job defending the pass vs. Akron and we’ll need to do the same and continue to make plays next week.”

The Knights had four interceptions with one being returned for a touchdown in their 59-10 win over the Zips.

Penn State is 1-1 on the year so far. They lost to Syracuse 27-10 on the road in their season opener then beat Eastern Michigan 20-13 at home in Week 2.

Week 2 Players of the Week

Week 2 Scores Around the NCAA

Week 2 Top 25 scores
Arizona State 44, FCS West 31
Ole Miss 42, FCS Midwest 14
Clemson 17, FCS East 7
Oklahoma State 37, UTSA 7
Texas A&M 45, FCS Southeast 14
TCU 49, FCS Southeast 6
Ohio State 38, San Diego State 24
Nebraska 40, Southern Miss 10
Florida 28, Miami 21
Kansas State 42, UL Lafayette 14
West Virginia 35, Oklahoma 28
LSU 41, UAB 27
South Carolina 24, Georgia 21
Oregon 45, Virginia 19
Michigan 22, Notre Dame 21
BYU 47, Texas 21
Stanford 27, San Jose State 13
Oregon State 49, Hawaii 17

Week 2 American Conference scores
Temple 28, Houston 17
Illinois 38, Cincinnati 10
Duke 31, Memphis 7

Top 25

Old 07-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgarick
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Friggin' EA always likes to give the shaft to USF. They've always overpowered UCF and made USF weaker as you move through dynasty. Funny though since UCF has never beaten USF.

Either way, not here to hijack the thread. I remember your dynasties from a few years ago CrusaderHoops. Enjoy your layouts and the approach you bring. Much like Deegeezy and BDawg. I will definitely be following. Looking forward to more from you!
EA really does always overrate UCF but I'm not complaining! Thanks for following guys!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #15
Rookie

Blake Bortles runs for a touchdown in the second quarter vs. Penn State.

Knights escape Penn State with 28-26 win on last-second kick

University Park, Pen. — There were times when the outcome didn’t look good but the UCF Knights never died in University Park.

After a timeout was taken with two seconds left in the game and UCF trailing Penn State 26-25, UCF kicker Shawn Moffitt made a 36-yard field goal to give the Knights the win.

The Knights drove over 50 yards on their final drive, which included two crucial third down conversions through the air when Blake Bortles found Rannell Hall and later J.J. Worton.

“We came up big when we needed to,” UCF head coach Andrew Kennedy said. “Once again, we protected Blake [Bortles] all game long and he made plays when our backs were against the wall.”

Bortles threw an interception on his first pass attempt of the game but would eventually settle down. He finished completing 23-for-33 passes for 244 yards and a touchdown in the game. Bortles also ran seven times for a team-high 53 yards and scored twice on the ground.

Both Bortles rushing touchdowns came on QB Choice plays, which have been the most successful running plays this season, according to Kennedy.

“It feels like we gain at least eight yards every time we run a QB Choice,” Kennedy said. “Bortles has good acceleration so when he keeps it he can get up field in a hurry. More often than not, the defense focuses in on our running back and Bortles has made them pay so far.”

Without Storm Johnson, who will be out the next 10 weeks with a broken ankle, the Knights struggled to run the ball. Cedric Thompson managed just 45 yards on 15 carries forcing the Knights to rely more on the passing game.

The passing game for Penn State is what hurt the Knights more than anything.

True freshman quarterback Christian Hackenberg completed 23-of-28 passes in the game for 252 yards. He threw two touchdowns and was intercepted once. The Knights were able to sack him four times, three of which were credited to defensive end Deion Green.

“We wanted to put pressure on Hackenberg since he is a true freshman and one of the lowest rated players on their offense,” Kennedy said. “The four sacks were nice but overall, we didn’t pressure the quarterback enough and that’s why he had such a high completion percentage. The interception Brandon [Alexander] made was huge too since it came when they were driving, which it felt like they were the entire game.”

Penn State finished with 20 first downs to UCF’s 18 in the game. A key for the Knights pulling out the victory was a “bend but don’t break” defense that forced the Nittany Lions to settle for four field goals.

The tough road will continue next week for the Knights despite returning home. They will face who will undoubtedly be their toughest opponent of the year in No. 4 ranked South Carolina, who is 3-0 on the year so far.

“I’m glad we get a chance to play a team like South Carolina this early in the year,” Kennedy said. “I was proud of our guys on the road this week and they showed me a lot. The Gamecocks will be a different animal though. We’re going to need to play near perfect to beat them.”

Individual Stats

UCF

PASSING
B. Bortles 23-33-244, 1 TD, 1 int.
RUSHING
B. Bortles 7-53, 2 TD
C. Thompson 15-45
M. Reed 4-13
R. Hall 1-2
RECEIVING
J. Worton 5-75
C. Thompson 5-24
B. Perriman 4-60, 1 TD
J. Godfrey 4-24
R. Hall 2-33
J. Tukes 2-15
M. Reed 1-13
DEFENSE
Interceptions: B. Alexander
Sacks: D. Green (3), D. Anderson

Penn State

PASSING
C. Hackenberg 23-28-252, 2 TD, 1 int.
RUSHING
Z. Zwinak 25-124
B. Belton 2-5
C. Hackenberg 5-(-28)
RECEIVING
K. Carter 6-61, 1 TD
Z. Zwinak 6-21
A. Robinson 4-39
B. Mosbey Felder 3-61, 1 TD
A. Kenney 2-39
M. Lehman 2-31
DEFENSE
Interceptions: M. Hull
Sacks: none

Scoring Summary

Team Stats

Week 3 Players of the Week

Week 3 Scores Around the NCAA

Week 3 Top 25 scores
Michigan 41, Akron 0
LSU 35, Kent State 28
Kansas State 38, UMass 3
Stanford 38, Army 17
West Virginia 48, Georgia State 7
UL Monroe 35, Wake Forest 25
Ohio State 52, California 28
Washington 35, Illinois 24
Florida State 21, Nevada 7
Louisville 38, Kentucky 21
South Carolina 37, Vanderbilt 10
Boise State 45, Air Force 28
Oklahoma State 45, FCS Southeast 0
Nebraska 38, UCLA 24
Oregon 38, Tennessee 18
Alabama 35, Texas A&M 21
Texas 45, Ole Miss 24
Wisconsin 35, Arizona State 21
Oregon State 38, Utah 24

Week 3 American Conference scores
UCF 28, Penn State 26
Maryland 42, Connecticut 35
Temple 23, FCS East 20
Louisville 38, Kentucky 21
Eastern Michigan 31, Rutgers 28
USF 38, Florida Atlantic 31

Top 25

Ingram, Clayton ready to make visits

Orlando, Fla. — Jeff Ingram and Jason Clayton are ready to schedule their official visits with the UCF Knights.

Ingram, who is No. 5 on UCF’s Big Board, is a 6-foot-5, 216 pound outside linebacker from Bloomingdale, Fla.

The three-star recruit is projected to be a 71 overall. The Knights are at this moment his first choice with South Carolina, who UCF will play in its next game, a distance second.

Clayton is No. 11 on UCF’s Big Board. He’s a 5-foot-10, 193 pound halfback who projects to be a 65 overall.

Ingram and Clayton will both make their official visits Week 9 when the Knights host Connecticut. Head coach Andrew Kennedy intends to have as many players visit that week as possible, with it being the next home game where the Knights will be heavily favored to win.

Last edited by crusaderhoops10; 07-16-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #16
Just started!

OVR: 0

What a win! If the Knights are going to beat Penn State in their house I would imagine it would have to be something like this. Super realistic results so far. I just hope UCF's real season can start like this !

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »