Home

B-Dawg's Western Michigan Broncos: Unfinished bidnezz

This is a discussion on B-Dawg's Western Michigan Broncos: Unfinished bidnezz within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: B-Dawg's Western Michigan Broncos: Unfinished bidnezz

This really does take me back to the days of MM, reading BDawg's dynasties.

Can we expect a Madden 25 report as well? Faithful with the Lions?

Keep the updates rolling!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

I miss MaddenMania. By far the best place to post dynasties.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #43
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Great seeing you, Matt! I hope to post a Madden 25 report. I pre-ordered the game to get the NFL Sunday Ticket bonus. I haven't played Madden in a few years. I'm hoping I enjoy the game more than the one I bought two years ago - which I put down after playing only a game or two. Not sure if I will roll with the Lions, though they'd be tons of fun with Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush as targets. I have another plan in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
I miss MaddenMania. By far the best place to post dynasties.
It was! There was a lot of traffic, much of it on the dynasty/franchise boards. I debated about where to post this. I didn't even know OS had a dynasty section, since they seem to push the blogging of dynasties (which I tried and didn't like). There's another site out there that seems to have a faithful following of dynasty buffs, but there isn't nearly as much traffic. I may end up posting in two different places, but it's all I can do to keep up with posting here. I'm seeing what the dynasty temp is like over here.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #44
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3

Being a 25 year old today, reading this dynasty report brings be back to my childhood days at MM when I was 16. God damn does time ever go by fast. Seeing those old pictures of Greg Jennings in the ps2 days makes me feel old... haha. Thanks for posting this again.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick09
Being a 25 year old today, reading this dynasty report brings be back to my childhood days at MM when I was 16. God damn does time ever go by fast. Seeing those old pictures of Greg Jennings in the ps2 days makes me feel old... haha. Thanks for posting this again.
I remember on MM there was a guy named Antwuan and it was his report and Bdawg's report that I would be subscribed to. Each legends in their own style, Bdawg with his reporting, cheating 'cause he can write, melody of comical relief and self inflicted lack of stick skills.

Then Antwuan with being the pioneer of what you see from guys today. He started the graphical layouts we see on here by some of the best looking ones. He started posting a single PNG file with the article post on top of it and a Oakland Raiders logo in the background of the text.

Sorry for the MM nostalgia cluttering, Bdawg. It's great to see you on here - definitely brings back my high school days. I look forward to whatever it is you have up your sleeve in Madden - let's hope it's a playable version as well.

Good luck against EMU - boy that will be a fun one, huh!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #46
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick09
Yeah, time flies. I was thinking the other day that it's been 10 years since NCAA 2004, the most fun version of the game I ever played. Not the best ... just the most fun. Maybe it was the advent of online play. Maybe it was because it's the version from which I posted my first 'nasties. That shot of Greg Jennings was from an online game. I remember BironM saying it was Greg Jennings "warming his moneymakers."

Quote:
I remember on MM there was a guy named Antwuan and it was his report and Bdawg's report that I would be subscribed to. Each legends in their own style, Bdawg with his reporting, cheating 'cause he can write, melody of comical relief and self inflicted lack of stick skills.

Then Antwuan with being the pioneer of what you see from guys today. He started the graphical layouts we see on here by some of the best looking ones. He started posting a single PNG file with the article post on top of it and a Oakland Raiders logo in the background of the text.

Sorry for the MM nostalgia cluttering, Bdawg. It's great to see you on here - definitely brings back my high school days. I look forward to whatever it is you have up your sleeve in Madden - let's hope it's a playable version as well.

Good luck against EMU - boy that will be a fun one, huh!?
I love the trip down memory lane and love to see people here who read my 'nasties back in the day. I was hoping there would be a few familiar faces here. I miss Deegeezy. He was posting elsewhere up until about a year ago. Real life always got in his way, then he'd show up and post a 'nasty. I hope he emerges from hiding again soon.

I believe they will be erecting a statue in my honor for the EMU game for all of my accomplishments with the Hurons in NCAA '08.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #47
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

2013 awards semifinalists

BEDNARIK AWARD (Best defensive player — Maxwell Club)
8. Donald Celiscar, CB, 48 tackles, 1 TFL, 4 interceptions

BUTKUS AWARD (Best linebacker)
11. Desmond Bozeman, 60 tackles, 11 TFL, 4 sacks

THORPE AWARD (Best defensive back)
11. Donald Celiscar, CB, 48 tackles, 1 TFL, 4 interceptions

BEST RETURNER
2. Kendrick Roberts, 43 KR, 23.6 avg.; 21 PR, 9.8 avg.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #48
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

2013, Game 10: Western Michigan 52, Eastern Michigan 0

Jaime Wilson (top) hauls in a 54-yard pass on the first play of the game. Josh Schaffer (bottom left) eludes a
defender on a 54-yard touchdown catch-and-run. Demetrius Pettway (bottom right) picks off a pass.

Got reset button?
Eastern Michigan could’ve used one
in 52-0 loss to Western Michigan

YPSILANTI, Mich. — It took just one play to set the tone for an entire afternoon of football.

When Jaime Wilson hauled in a 54-yard pass from Tyler Van Tubbergen on the first play from scrimmage, it was just the beginning of the offensive fireworks for Western Michigan against woeful Eastern Michigan.

One play later, Dareyon Chance was in the end zone with a 13-yard touchdown run … and the onslaught continued until coach B-Dawg called off the dogs in the second half of a 52-0 beatdown of the Hurons.

It was the fifth straight victory for the Broncos, who are suddenly bowl-eligible at 6-4. Eastern fell to 3-7.

The score was 28-0 after one quarter and 42-0 at halftime before back-ups played the entire second half, during which B-Dawg threw only twice and ran down the play clock to get this game to a merciful conclusion.

“I was on the other side of these kinds of games when I took over at Eastern Michigan in NCAA 2008,” B-Dawg said. “It’s no fun. Big Mo was a mofo for the Hurons today.”

The outcome had B-Dawg wondering if he should’ve coached at Eastern instead in his quest for the greatest challenge among Michigan’s Mid-American Conference schools.

“I already played a ton of seasons there,” B-Dawg said. “You get sick of looking at the same stadium all the time.”

Chance suffered a mild concussion with 6:11 left in the second quarter, missing the rest of the game. But by then, he’d already done enough damage to earn Playa of da Game honors.

He gathered in a 64-yard touchdown pass on third-and-17 after getting hot-routed into the slot to make it 14-0 with 6:02 left in the first quarter. After a 2-yard run by back-up halfback Brian Fields made it 21-0, a 1-yard run by Chance made it 28-0 with 1:38 to go in the opening quarter.

Chance finished with 64 yards and two touchdowns on nine carries and 77 yards and one touchdown on four catches. No member of the Broncos put up monster numbers because of B-Dawg’s mass subs and the fact he spread around the ball.

Van Tubbergen was a perfect 7-for-7 for 188 yards and two touchdowns in one half of work.

The game was 35-0 just nine seconds into the third quarter on a 54-yard touchdown catch by Josh Schaffer. A 1-yard run by fullback Austin Guido made it 42-0 at the half.

The halftime stats revealed the total domination by the Broncos, who led 12-1 in first downs, 332-32 in total offense, 144 to minus-10 yards on the ground, 188-42 through the air and 12:28 to 5:32 in time of possession. Western was 4-for-4 on third down, while Eastern was 0-for-6.

“It shouldn’t be that easy for a team like ours to go into anybody’s stadium — not even Eastern’s — and win this easily,” B-Dawg said. “Using a custom playbook is giving me a little bit too much of an edge. I’ll go back to a generic multiple playbook starting next week.”

It’s always fun for B-Dawg to get some stats with his back-ups, who don’t get the chance to put up numbers very often. Tevin Drake scored his first touchdown of the season for the only score of the third quarter, Leo Alba and Garrett Smith got their first interceptions of the year, and freshman defensive tackle Jamar Simpkins got his first two career sacks.

Stunningly, Western sits atop the MAC West Division at 5-1, but its final two regular-season games are against the other two contenders (both 4-1): at home against Central Michigan, then on the road at Northern Illinois.

FULL STATS

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »