Home

Welcome To The Jungle l A Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise (Madden 25)

This is a discussion on Welcome To The Jungle l A Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise (Madden 25) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #73
MVP

Icy4me's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Welcome To The Jungle l A Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise (Madden 25)

Old 10-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #74
MVP

Icy4me's Arena

Raiders hold off Jaguars late rally 24-17
Raiders intercepted Blaine Gabbert with 1:12 left

OAKLAND, CA. -- Raider CB Mike Jenkins intercepted Gabbert with 1:12 left in the game to hold on to beat the Jaguars 24-17.

The Raiders strong first half, scoring all 24 points, 17 of those in the second half were enough to hold off the Jaguars.

Terrelle Pryor was responsible for all three touchdowns. He threw touchdowns to Denarius Moore from 6 and 7 yards out. He also broke off a huge 44 yard run touchdown after breaking free out of the pocket. He did throw 2 interceptions, but made enough big plays to counter that. He was 19 for 31 passing, 227 yards, 78 yards rushing off only 4 carries, and 3 total touchdowns.

Blaine Gabbert led his team to the Raider's 15 and had just made his 11th consecutive pass before throwing his 2nd interception of the game and the one that sealed the game for Oakland.

"Our defense gave us a chance of winning this game in the second half and our offense was playing really well in the final minutes. But a costly mistake by Gabbert gave Oakland the win." Said head coach Gus Bradley. "I'm still proud of him [Blaine Gabbert] though, he played well."

Gabbert had 261 yards passing, a touchdown, and 2 interceptions. His favorite target was Cecil Shorts, who caught a career high 11 passes for 96 yards. Stephen Burton (4 rec, 45 yards) and Ace Sanders (3 rec, 50 yards) both made some huge plays late for Jacksonville as well.

With 1:13 left till halftime, Josh Scobee would give the Jaguars their first points of the game, to make it 21-3 Oakland. But, Oakland got into field goal range as well and kicked it right before the half to take a 24-3 lead entering halftime.

Little before mid-way through the third quarter, Justin Forsett got into the end-zone from 2 yards out.

With both teams not being able to move the ball for a while, Gabbert would start his hot streak and hit Marcedes Lewis in the endzone to put the Jags only down 24-17. Forcing Oakland to punt it, using 2 of their timeouts, the Jags had the ball with 2:12 left. A minute later Oakland had made the game clinching play.

Darren McFadden was shut down in the second half, after running for 102 yards in the first half. He finished with 117 yards off 24 carries.

Oakland has proven the doubters wrong to open the season thus far. Beating the Colts and Jaguars to have a 2-0 record. While the Jaguars are now 0-2 following the loss.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #75
MVP

Icy4me's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #76
MVP

Icy4me's Arena

Posted September 18, 2013, 1:48 PM ET

Jaguars release Jordan Toddman,
sign Javon Ringer

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars have released halfback Jordan Toddman and replaced him with Javon Ringer.

Toddman, second year man out of Connecticut, has had a rough time through his first two games. Rushing for only 28 yards off 14 carries.

The Jaguars were quick to find a replacement, signing Javon Ringer, who had been a member of the Titans for his career (four seasons).

"Toddman was having a rough time, and with Maurice [Jones-Drew] still out for at least couple more weeks we needed to try and get a running game going. We're excited to see what Ringer can do with Forsett and beyond." Said head coach Gus Bradley this mourning.

Ringer is expected to play behind Forsett and see quite bit of carries his way.

Last edited by Icy4me; 10-16-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #77
MVP

Icy4me's Arena

Seahawks escape upset bid Jaguars with two late field goals
Two late field goals and a fumble has Seattle winning 19-16

SETTLE, Wash. -- Down 16-13 to Jacksonville (0-3), Seattle scored on two field goals from 24 and 25 yards out, the last one coming at 2:30 left in the game. Almost a minute later Blaine Gabbert had rolled out and fumbled it leading the Seahawks to a perfect 3-0 record.

Bobby Wagner was one to force the fumble and Michael Bennett was who scooped it up.

The only offensive touchdown that occurred in the game was a 1 yard touchdown run by Russell Wilson mid-way through the first quarter. Jacksonville would score on defense to go along with their 3 field goals. Tyson Alualu would lay a big hit on MarShawn Lynch and Jason Babin would pick up the fumble, running 11 yards into the end-zone to give the Jaguars a 16-10 lead early in the third quarter.

Josh Scoobe would make all three field goals attempts from 46, 48, and 54 yards out. Seattle's Steven Hauschka kicker didn't have to kick any ball as far as Scoobe then. His longest bring from 25 yards out, and one coing at the 1 yard line with 0:41 till halftime thanks to Jacksonville keeping the 'Hawks out of end-zone in three straight plays.

Both teams had trouble keeping care of the ball. Jacksonville turning it over 4 times and Settle having 3 turnovers.

Both quarterbacks didn't have the best games either, both having awful QB ratings. Blaine Gabbert was 17 for 38 passing for 192 yards and an interception. Also fumbling late in the game. Russell Wilson didn't play any better. Despite going 20 for 32, he had only 181 yards passing and 2 interceptions. No play pass by either quarterback went longer than 23 yards.

The running games were also shut down for most of the game as well. MarShawn Lynch broke off couple big runs late, and finished 126 yards off 28 carries. He was held to only 48 yards of 16 attempts at one point of the game.

Newcomer Javon Ringer for Jacksonville led the team in rushing with 58 yards off 15 carries and Forest averaged 3.8 yards a carry with 25 yards.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #78
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Great game, what are your sliders?

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 10-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #79
MVP

Icy4me's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
Great game, what are your sliders?
I'm using Charter's set, the same dude who's sliders I use for in my NCAA dynasty. They're by far the most realistic set I have used, imo.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #80
MVP

Icy4me's Arena

Luck, Colts overcome 4 turn-
overs to hold off Jaguars 36-29

Three late touchdowns resulted in an exciting finish, with the Colts pulling off the victory

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Down 21-22 with less than 6:00 minutes left in the game Andrew Luck would lead the Colts to two scoring drives, one of those thanks to a Chad Henne interception. The Jaguars wouldn't lose their fourth game easily though, Stephen Burton was completely wide open on a streak route and Henne hit him perfectly for a 72 yard touchdown in the final minute.

But being unable to recover the onside kick led Jaguars to a 0-4 record and Colts breaking even at 2-2.

Andrew Luck struggled early throwing two interceptions in his first few passes and would throw another in the third quarter. But turned it around when it matter. He threw for 224 yards and 3 touchdowns, two of those scores on the Colts final two touchdowns.

Blaine Gabbert started the game for the Jaguars and started it horribly going 2-10 and throwing an interception. Chad Henne replaced Gabbert early in the first and performed not great, but better, and threw a couple of nice passes. Henne was 10 for 23 passing and had 143 yards passing. Over half of those yards came from Stephen Burton's big 72 yard touchdown catch.

Coach Gus Bradley didn't say which player will start next week against the Rams and said chances are no one will know until little before the game. Good news for whoever is quarterback, Jacksonville's 5th overall pick in the 2012 draft Justin Blackmon will be back from suspension next Sunday.

"Having him [Justin Blackmon] back will help any quarterback in the passing game. So we're exciting to have him back and hopefully he can have a strong season." Said head coach Gus Bradley about Blackmon after the game.

Along with Blackmon coming back, Maurice Jones-Drew should be back in couple of weeks. He is listed doubtful this coming game against the Rams, but is expected to be back against the Broncos on October 13.

Drew won't have to worry about making a huge impact early, as Javon Ringer had a career day against the Colts. Rushing for 162 and 2 scores, Ringer may find himself and MJD spliting carries when he returns.

Despite the Jaguars forcing 4 turnovers, they were only able to put up 13 points for the defensive efforts. Josh Scoobe also would miss a 43 yard field goal after the first interception.

After missing his first field goal, Jacksonville would force another interception and this time Scoobe would make a much longer field goal from 51 yards out to take a 3-0 lead. That lead would last until Gabbert an interception early in the second and Trent Richardson ran in for his first of two touchdowns on the day to give Indy a 7-3 lead.

Along with his 2 touchdowns, Richardson surpassed the 100 yard mark with 111 yards off 27 carries.

Luck would go on to score two passing touchdowns before halftime and the Colts enter halftime with a 21-6 lead.

That lead would soon become smaller and be retaken by the Jaguars, thanks to Ringer breaking off a 33 yard run and then running into the end-zone from 3 yards out. Another Scoobe field goal later the score was 21-16 Colts in the third. Ringer got into the end-zone once again, but the Jaguars would fail a 2-pt conversion, they still had a 22-21 lead though.

Luck and the Colts, however, would go on to score two late touchdowns to take the 36-29 win.

The Jaguars will travel to St. Louis next week in hopes of reaching their first win of the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »