Home

The Cleveland Curse: A Cleveland Browns Ownership Saga (Madden 25)

This is a discussion on The Cleveland Curse: A Cleveland Browns Ownership Saga (Madden 25) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
This is awesome and I will be following this closely. Goodluck on rebuilding the Browns!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #10
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

OVR: 1
Hey guys, thanks so much for following along! I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of madden and getting a few draft classes ready in advance.

Can't wait to get to work on fixing my beloved Browns and hopefully providing some entertaining write ups for you all in the process.

I suppose I could have made them seniors sure, but I'm not really interested in doctoring or ensuring some things happen a certain way you know?

If they all wanna stay, they can. Just makes for an alternate universe and for intrigue and drama.

Anyway thanks for following. Can't wait to get going.
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

Commissioner of TBFL Madden on OS http://www.operationsports.com/forums/tbfl/

TBFL Colts
Year 1: 9-7-0 (No playoffs)
Old 08-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

Re: The Cleveland Curse: A Cleveland Browns Ownership Saga (Madden 25)

Just a quick update that my Madden may come later than expected. Unfortunately I'm at the mercy of Futureshop's online shipping of my pre-order here in Canada (Pre-ordered back around E3), and it looks like they have yet to ship my Madden.

Being that it is the 26th, I'm guessing I won't have it on day one. Bummer. But just thought I'd let you guys know I could be a bit late getting a start on this. Alas.
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

TBFL Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #12
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

Following. Looking forward to seeing you turn the Browns around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desalbert
Just a quick update that my Madden may come later than expected. Unfortunately I'm at the mercy of Futureshop's online shipping of my pre-order here in Canada (Pre-ordered back around E3), and it looks like they have yet to ship my Madden.

Being that it is the 26th, I'm guessing I won't have it on day one. Bummer. But just thought I'd let you guys know I could be a bit late getting a start on this. Alas.
Love the set up so far and I love the dedication you have to us readers to let us know about the minor things like your problem. Sorry for your inconvenience. I will be following and can tell this will be a great franchise when you are done.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:46 AM   #14
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14
Following. Looking forward to seeing you turn the Browns around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbysDaddy
Love the set up so far and I love the dedication you have to us readers to let us know about the minor things like your problem. Sorry for your inconvenience. I will be following and can tell this will be a great franchise when you are done.
Hey guys, thanks so much for all the love! I can't wait to get started when the game does arrive.

On that note, I have a brief note to make on player edits and a quick question for the audience about planting a few storyline seeds.

I just learned that the player edit feature won't work after starting a franchise, so I won't be able to impact developing storylines with rating changes to reflect what's happening. It's a bummer to be sure, but all is not lost as 32 team control will allow me to respect performance above overall ratings for every team such that the drama will remain, even if the overalls can't be changed or a player's injury rating can't plummet after a major injury.

Anyway, with on-going edits out the window, I did some more digging and I noted that the rosters may be a bit incomplete. So when I do get the game, I am thinking about creating a few players that may not be in the game and adding them to FAs. People like Jamarcus Russel, Colin Klien, hell-- maybe even make a 43 year old Brett Favre for one last kick at the cat.

I wouldn't forcibly sign any of these players to any team, but perhaps put them in Free agency incase anyone has a need.

Now, I mentioned before I don't like to edit the natural 'ecosystem' of a madden franchise and instead I like to supervise and make realistic things, so I wouldn't go TOO crazy, but would anyone be opposed to a bit of tinkering?

Maybe a Brett Favre, 80 overall (max) at 43 years old Saga? I wouldn't sign him to my Browns unless I had a severe injury but who knows, maybe another team will need him, maybe no one will and he just fades away (again...)

But, just wanted to get a quick sense of whether or not sprinkling some potential little gems into the 'chise with created players might make some people smile.

Often, when I talk football with people we say things like "Man, Jamarcus should at least get in a camp with that arm." Or, "Imagine, LOL, Favre comes back again, think anyone bites?"

And that kind of talk got me thinking about whether or not planting a few of those seeds into free agency might be worthwhile
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

TBFL Colts
Old 08-27-2013, 03:10 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desalbert
Hey guys, thanks so much for all the love! I can't wait to get started when the game does arrive.

On that note, I have a brief note to make on player edits and a quick question for the audience about planting a few storyline seeds.

I just learned that the player edit feature won't work after starting a franchise, so I won't be able to impact developing storylines with rating changes to reflect what's happening. It's a bummer to be sure, but all is not lost as 32 team control will allow me to respect performance above overall ratings for every team such that the drama will remain, even if the overalls can't be changed or a player's injury rating can't plummet after a major injury.

Anyway, with on-going edits out the window, I did some more digging and I noted that the rosters may be a bit incomplete. So when I do get the game, I am thinking about creating a few players that may not be in the game and adding them to FAs. People like Jamarcus Russel, Colin Klien, hell-- maybe even make a 43 year old Brett Favre for one last kick at the cat.

I wouldn't forcibly sign any of these players to any team, but perhaps put them in Free agency incase anyone has a need.

Now, I mentioned before I don't like to edit the natural 'ecosystem' of a madden franchise and instead I like to supervise and make realistic things, so I wouldn't go TOO crazy, but would anyone be opposed to a bit of tinkering?

Maybe a Brett Favre, 80 overall (max) at 43 years old Saga? I wouldn't sign him to my Browns unless I had a severe injury but who knows, maybe another team will need him, maybe no one will and he just fades away (again...)

But, just wanted to get a quick sense of whether or not sprinkling some potential little gems into the 'chise with created players might make some people smile.

Often, when I talk football with people we say things like "Man, Jamarcus should at least get in a camp with that arm." Or, "Imagine, LOL, Favre comes back again, think anyone bites?"

And that kind of talk got me thinking about whether or not planting a few of those seeds into free agency might be worthwhile
Definitely like the idea. Maybe one more go around with T.O. On a team that needs a WR. Or OCHOCINCO getting one last shot at a ring
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #16
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

Don't forget about Kickalicious lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »