Home

The Cleveland Curse: A Cleveland Browns Ownership Saga (Madden 25)

This is a discussion on The Cleveland Curse: A Cleveland Browns Ownership Saga (Madden 25) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #25
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Cleveland Curse: A Cleveland Browns Ownership Saga (Madden 25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
Very cool to see you implement a suspension system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4
This suspension system is amazing! Mind if I use something similar to it?
Thanks guys, I decided I wanted to be as realistic as possible and then thought: Hey wait a minute! I can't have suspensions just for the first year, I need them every year, beyond real life.

So I let a tiny tiny bit of my Sci-fi imagination go and decided to do a tongue-in-cheek authoritarian governing body. Because, why not? With that HGH stuff in the pipe maybe its not too outlandish. Might make this a regular thing in all my future madden games. In my Madden "world" if you like.

News, you absolutely can, cherry pick whatever ideas you like. I'm flattered!

If you want to use the entire thing word for word, idea for idea, I'm good with that too, just give me a shout out or something if so. I am betting you will want your own interpretation anyway

Otherwise, use it as much as you like, how you like!

Also, quick update, apparently still waiting on my game. Looks like it will be here Thursday. Huge bummer. But. So it goes.

Thanks everyone for following along!
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

Commissioner of TBFL Madden on OS http://www.operationsports.com/forums/tbfl/

TBFL Colts
Year 1: 9-7-0 (No playoffs)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 12:52 AM   #26
Rookie

1NFAMOU5808's Arena

OVR: 0

LOL, Yes! Love the suspension system, I may have to think about incorporating something like that into my dynasty, EXCELLENT work!

Plus, that Donkey Von Miller gets what's coming to him- that's awesome. I think he should test dirty again and this time get banned for the year

Nonetheless, awesome work bro, looking forward to reading more when you get your game and get everything rolling!
Old 08-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #27
Rookie

Wow, I am blown away man. I love all the effort and details that you have put into this. The suspension idea is brilliant, also shocked that every top player returned, thats nuts. I will definitely be following along.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xxSnEaKyPxx
Old 08-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #28
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NFAMOU5808
LOL, Yes! Love the suspension system, I may have to think about incorporating something like that into my dynasty, EXCELLENT work!

Plus, that Donkey Von Miller gets what's coming to him- that's awesome. I think he should test dirty again and this time get banned for the year

Nonetheless, awesome work bro, looking forward to reading more when you get your game and get everything rolling!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSnEaKyPxx
Wow, I am blown away man. I love all the effort and details that you have put into this. The suspension idea is brilliant, also shocked that every top player returned, thats nuts. I will definitely be following along.
Thank you guys for your awesome words, it makes me very pleased to know that you enjoy the work I'm doing! Thank you!

Also, as a brief update, I'm STILL waiting for my game to arrive, even though I now could have gone to a retail store and bought it without an issue. Damn shipping.

During that time though I was able to use my brother's copy to at least update a roster to reflect some of the current truths of real-life. (Even though I will be starting at pre-season week 1, some of the things we now know about players through 3 weeks of real-life play are unavoidable). So, I thought that before I at least write a few more stories while I wait to actually start, I'd first post the details of that roster and where to find it on Roster share for anyone who would like the updates I made.

So, here's a post I wrote in the roster section about it:

UPDATED ROSTER:
Hey guys, so I've spent the last few hours doing a lot of work on Madden 25 rosters to get them as up to speed as possible to what we see today as we near Pre-Season week 4. I began with a roster that accounted for changes around August 23rd and took it from there. Just search for "Desalbert" as a gamertag and you will see these files.

I offer two roster files on Madden 25's Roster Share, one called "Preseasonweek4" and one called "75ManwithExtras"-- These two are identical except for one change. The one with extras includes a 44 year old Favre, just because I wanted to. The other does not. That is the only difference. These rosters contain all cuts, added players, signings and ratings changes to be a better reflection of what things in the league look like as of august 29th. I hope you enjoy!

Thanks all! Here is a rundown of most changes:

Added Players

Created-- QB Matt McGloin-- Oakland (70 OVR, 24 year old) [Oakland 3rd stringer]
Created-- K Havard Rugland-- Detroit (68 OVR, 28 old) [recently cut by DET, but youtube sensation]
Created -- WR Terrell Owens-- FA-- (73 Ovr, 40 year old) [Still discusses comeback]
Created-- WR Chad Johnson-- FA-- (70 OVR, 35 year old) [Has desire to play]
Created-- QB Jamarcus Russell-- FA- (65 OVR, 28 Year old) [Try out with Bears, attempting comeback]
Created-- QB Collin Klein-- FA (58 ovr, 24 year old) [UDFA from K-State, try out with Texans, very Tebow-esque style. A big time project]

[[In "With Extras Roster" only: Created QB Brett Favre-- FA- (73 Ovr, 44 Year old) ]] {This was a personal wish of mine, just 1 last try for Old Brett!}

Cuts and signings (older not listed, but included. Listed as up to date for Aug 29)

CONSULT ESPN CUT TRACKER AT:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

All cuts and signings of players in-game are current as of August 29, Thursday.
Check all details here, more than 25 changes to rosters.

Re-rates.

Here I list the changes I made in ratings of players, as well as their new overalls as a result of the changes, and, my reasoning behind them

( I didn't record these as I did them so a few may be forgotten, a tad different)

QB Tyler Wilson (-1)-- to 68 Ovr (4th stringer now, behind Matt McGloin. Struggling with playbook )
QB Terelle Pryor (+2)-- to 72 Ovr (Explosive play potential may see him as Raiders week 1 starter)
QB Kevin Kolb (-4)-- to 70 Ovr (also, Injury dropped to 42) (Played worse than Jeff Tuel, concussion may end career)
RB Daryl Richardson (+1)-- to 75 Ovr (Officially named starter of Rams)
QB Blaine Gabbert (+1)-- to 74 Ovr (Officially Named Starter of Jags
QB Chad Henno (-1)-- to 73 Ovr (Officially named backup of Jags)
QB Mark Sanchez (+1)-- to 74 Ovr (Playing better than Geno, so should at least be on par)
WR Kenbrell Thompkins (+~5)-- to 74 Ovr (The next big thing, Will start for Pats this season)
RB Christine Michael (+) -- To 75 Ovr (Stellar hype around this kid has him likely to backup Lynch)
RB Robert Turbin (-1) -- To 74 Ovr (Likely to lose backup job to Michael)
WR Marcus Wheaton (+1)-- To 71 Ovr (Opening some eyes)
TE Zach Sudfeld (+)-- to 72 Ovr (Solid play)
QB Sam Bradford (-2)-- to 83 Ovr (Poor play )
WR Johnny Knox-- (Significant attribute reductions to mimic career ender. )
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (-1) -- to 75 (Locker is the clear cut starter, so 2 pts better makes sense)
QB Matt Cassel (-1)-- To 75 (With ponder the clear cut at 78 ovr, 75 seemed more fair. Not considered starting calibre)

(That's all I can recall for the moment)

Final Notes: Unfortunately, IR'd players cannot be forcibly IR'd so they remain on roster. As well, I could not trade Haralson to the Saints, as they do not have the cap space (given that the players who were injured in RL freed up the space they needed to get Haralson, but those players are not injured here)

Haralson remains on the 49ers as a result.

---

Thanks guys.

I know a lot of you already started your franchises, but just incase, I thought I'd share.

Very shortly, stay tuned for a page about Brett Favre's potential comeback at 43 years old, and the suspension results of the NFL-IA's first investigations!
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

TBFL Colts

Last edited by Desalbert; 08-29-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #29
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

Dynasty Timeline= Training Camp Year 1, Just prior to Pre-season week 1

NFL-IA COMPLETES INAUGURAL INVESTIGATIONS, HANDS DOWN MORE SUSPENSIONS
Broncos Hit Hardest
ARTICLE BY Geraldine Clark, SportsToday

Since the NFL's Integrity Authority's full ratification a few weeks ago, the enforcement organization has had its clandestine agents investigating several leads about potential player infractions punishable by suspension.

Several days ago we learned that the NFL-IA had its sights firmly focused on the Broncos, 49ers, Bills and Cardinals. Now, we have accurate details about just which players are guilty of infractions, and which may not be. For one team, the news is a breath of fresh air. For another, it could be doomsday.

Here is the NFL-IA's public announcement:

NFL-IA OFFICIAL INVESTIGATION SUMMARY, YEAR 1

By the power vested in the NFL-IA as ratified by Commsioner Goodell's NFL Integrity Protection Act the NFL-IA Publishes the following findings after thorough investigation. These results are effective immediately for the 2013-2014 (Year 1) season

INVESTIGATIONS INTO THE SAN FRANSISCO 49ERS REVEAL:

> MLB Nathan Stupar (1 Year Pro) has been found guilty of two counts of misdemeanor brawling for bar fights in the California region. Under Legal Infactions, Stupar will be suspended 2 games

INVESTIGATIONS INTO THE DENVER BRONCOS REVEAL:

> DT Mitch Unrein (3 Year Pro) has been found to possess traces of Marijauna in failed drug tests. Under Substance Abuse Infactions, Unrein will be suspended 2 games

> TE Joel Dreesen (8 Year Pro) has been found guilty of use of Performance Enhancing Drugs in the form of Erythropoietin (Blood Doping). Under PED Infactions, Dreesen will be suspended 5 games

> P Briton Colquitt (4 Year Pro) has been involved in a legal dispute regarding domestic abuse. Though there is no verdict in the case, under expectations of players, these significant Legal Issues demand that Colquitt will be suspended 6 games

INVESTIGATIONS INTO ARIZONA CARDINALS REVEAL:

> LE Ronald Talley (2 Year Pro) has been forwarded to alcoholics anonymous to combat Substance Abuse issues. Under Substance Abuse NFL-IA, Talley will will be suspended 4 games

INVESTIGATIONS INTO BUFFALO BILLS REVEAL:

> No Infactions Detected after Investigation following suspicious actions. No suspensions given.

The NFL-IA reminds players that all suspensions are punishable into regular season and playoffs, and that a player must be rostered for his suspensions to be decreased as weeks progress. Each of the above players have been placed into NFL-IA Offender records as 1st Time Offenders

Breaking Down the NFL-IA Suspensions: Broncos Hit Hard, Bills Breathe Easy
By: Michael Donnatale

Wow. The Denver Broncos must be absolutely stunned. The playoff hopeful's organization leaders thought they had it rough losing Von Miller for 6 games, but now they will have to be without starting TE Joel Dreesen for 5 games and starting Punter Britton Colquitt for 6! That fact all but sewers Colquitt's season, as the Broncos will have to bring in another punter, and it would not be surprising if the player is released outright, before the end of the pre-season as most rosters cannot afford to carry a suspended punter. And, under NFL-IA Law, if Colquitt is terminated, his suspension will not decrease until he is part of a team roster during the season. Perhaps the Broncos will hold on to Colquitt as a career saver, but he will need to prove his worth in the pre-season.

As for Dreesen, the starting TE being out 5 games hurts Peyton Manning alot. The Broncos will be forced to rely more heavily on Jacob Tamme (which Manning has done before) and unproven prospect Julius Thomas. It's possible the Broncos could be safer with this news than other teams around the league, but it isn't good. Will the Broncos bring in another player at the position for the duration of the suspension? Can they afford to do so on the 53-man? We'll see.

Meanwhile, Mich Unrein is an in-between talent and 3-year pro who started 2 games last season for Denver and played in a few more. He was fairly productive with 28 tackles last season, and had 38 tackles and 1 fumble recovered.

At any rate, the notion that the Denver Broncos have become a haven of poor decisions must sit very poorly with Elway and John Fox. The idea that it may have been Miller who introduced Dreesen to PEDs might be scary to think about. Is Miller a bad influence. By the looks of it, it is possible.

As for the Cardinals and 49ers, they took minor hits. The Cardinals lost a relative no-namer in Talley who started just 1 game last season and has 14 tackles to his career credit, but they may have to pick up a replacement for him during the pre-season.

For the 49ers, they lose Nathan Stupar, an unknown commodity and 1 year pro, coming off of a Rookie-season riding the bench with no stats. It is very likely his small suspension will result in his pre-season termination at cut down day, but he will have to play as hard as he can to see that this won't happen.

Lastly, the Bills must be breathing a sigh of relief that NFL-IA investigations turned up no wrong-doings. Not everyone's a bad guy kids, even when you have reason for doubt!

Oh, by the way, Stay tuned for our coming Training Camp story on an unlikely series of potential comeback players who all hope to make their mark this year. One story will shock you and is plastered all over the 'net! More, tonight at 8

--Geraldine Clark and Michael Donnatale
SportsToday
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

TBFL Colts

Last edited by Desalbert; 08-29-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #30
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

In it for the Money?

43 Year Old Brett Favre highlights group of unlikely comeback hopefuls

By: Butch Levingsworth, Careful-County Sports

Brett Favre hopes for one last run at 43

Well, I could say I'm surprised. We all could. And maybe some of us really are. But for most all of us, the news that Brett Favre would try to play football for yet another season at the age of 43 (44 in October) must feel expected, if we let it resonate a little deeper. After all, this is BRETT FAVRE we're talking about-- one of the most heroic QBs in the history of the NFL, but also one of the most hated...for any number of reasons-- Not least of which, his constant back and forth between retirement and playing, his dalliance with Jen Sterger over his faithful wife, and a propensity for interceptions that can turn a fan base against him in a flash. Even Packer fans have cause to hate-- maybe more than anyone-- with the way that Brett Favre offered a cold-shoulder to his soon-coming replacement and will-be Hall of Famer Aaron Rodgers. Now that we know what Rodgers is, it's easy to think less of Brett-- and easy to be happy he'd gone.

But now he's back. Yes. All the stories about Brett Favre not being long-content with the lawnmower life in Hattiesberg are right-- he still wants to play ball. But why? Why would a soon-to-be 44 year old Favre want to come back to the Sport he'd seemingly already conquered? He had a super bowl, he has records, he has acclaim, he had trials, and triumph and a LOT of pain-- what could he possibly have left to do?

Better question: What could he possibly have LEFT?

Brett Favre looked like a man about to meet his maker in that last playoff game against the Saints-- it was a warrior's battle that was glorious to behold, yes, but it was also kind of sad. Sad to see that fading. Sad to actually be there when one of the greatest characters in the immense novel that is the NFL would finally meet his match, brandish his sword for one final heroic strike, and simply be parried away-- falling to his face in age old agony. It's not much different than Beowulf, actually, the Danish Ogre-slaying hero of legend who, at his oldest age after being King for a decade in a city he freed of Monsters, finally falls to a Dragon in his final battle-- His greed for glory, an ultimate undoing.

I'll save the literature as we go on here, but, the way Brett Favre went down is the stuff of legend. Because everything about Favre is the stuff of legend. And now, I'm struggling to decide whether or not this is a great remake, or a horribly modernized trilogy on a film-classic that shouldn't have been remade.

In more seriousness though-- It's happening, and he has filed his re-instatement papers-- so he hits Free Agency, and I have to ask: will anyone actually give Brett Favre a shot? His body certainly is not what it used to be. Last playing in 2010, it's been nearly 3 years. Has he healed? Could the beating Favre took throughout his career ever heal?

I have a tonne of questions, and I'm sure you do too. But the most important one is the one that nobody but Brett has the answer to:

Why?

Is it money? Is it glory? Is it home-life and the difficulty of after-football (see Steve McNair and others)? Or is it just Brett? Is this how he is--- wired for the only battle he knows?

At any rate. We will all have to endure yet more Favre media Frenzy. He has no team, and he may have no team-- (I suspect it will take a severe injury and a decent situation for any team to take a look at the sabre-tooth).

But he has his papers, he has his rights, and he has his agent, Bus Cook, who tweeted:

@Buscook So ready to work with my main man @BrettFavre4ever and get him back on a roster. He's excited

That's it. That's all. We have yet to hear from Favre. I guess we will have to stay tuned. If it's any consolation, George Blanda played QB 'till 48. I wouldn't bet Favre could do the same in today's league, but, you never know.

(Possible destinations? -- New York Jets, New Orleans Saints, Chicago Bears...)

4 other unlikely players hope for shot-- Mission impossible?
T.O., Chad, JaMarcus, Klein all just want one fair shake.

With the news of Favre's return, we decided to take a brief and closer look at 3 players attempting to make a comeback with an NFL team, and one rookie who may never get the shot:

Terrell Owens (WR, 40 years old)

The man the call TO has yet to call it quits, and no one should be surprised. While it must be becoming more and more obvious that he won't get the call, Terrell Owens remains in the best shape of any of the players we're about to cover-- even more so than K-State's rookie, Collin Klein. That's just the truth about TO, he's a physical freak. And it's not impossible that he could still play and play at a high level. No one's sure of he's lost a step, and no one's sure if they can handle the ego, but Owens is Owens is Owens-- That is to say, TO could still be a threat-- all he needs is a call.

(Possible Destinations? -- San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots...)

JaMarcus Russell (QB, 28 years old)

If Brett Favre is a legendary hero to most, then Russell is a legendary villain. The once corpulent Raiders 1st overall pick is one of the main reasons a beloved Raiders franchise is in shambles. We all know the details of his well-reported issues: Weight, attention-span, leadership, commitment. We all know there are many who feel that Russell out-right STOLE from Oakland. But if it was not for Oakland, the hype machine would have had him go elsewhere, and I'm sure the same result would have happened.

At any rate, Russell has been publically trying to come back, posting a series of videos about his attempt. He's lost a stunning 51 pounds at last report and is reportedly down to 265. He still has a cannon for an arm-- but does he have the accuracy, or the footwork, or the leadership? Those questions remain, and though I still believe Russell deserves a shot this pre-season, he may not get one.

(Possible Destinations? Chicago Bears, San Diego Chargers, Cleveland Browns)

Chad Johnson (WR, 35 years old)

The man we once called Ochocinco (and before that once called Chad Johnson) is Chad Johnson yet again, and still, he's looking for work. One of the most popular names in the early-mid 2000s, Johnson represented, like TO, the height of his position at the pro level. He was lanky, fast, and had hands. He seemed committed. But he also had a complex. a Me-complex that's possibly bigger than TO or anyone on this list , and a love for the camera. From OCCN (his own news network) to his other antics, sometimes it seemed, later on, that Ocho made more plays for the camera than he did on a football field. Ultimately, Ocho got in trouble with the law and was released by the Dolphins on national TV in Hard Knocks, and he apparently struggled so badly with route-concepts in New England that he couldn't see the field. He should still have natural ability, and still has a smile, but with all the people looking for work, I'm just not sure there's room for a player who will have to serve a suspension once he makes a roster. There may be no more room for Chad in the NFL-IA era in which we now live, than there would be for Al Capone in the world of digital media, and Police using GPS trackers, in fact.

Collin Klein (QB, 24 years old)

Collin Klein is the odd-one-out in the bunch of hopefuls here, as he is the only rookie. However, his path to an NFL roster might be just as unlikely. Klein was a Heisman finalist last year for the Kansas State Wildcats where he showed a leadership and big-man athleticism that was uncanny. In a mould much similar to Tebow (but bigger) the 6'5 Klein rushed for a combined 49 touchdowns (that's on the ground, just to remind you) in his junior and senior season. He has all the measurables and might be able to blossom in the right system. The problem? Probably not as a QB. Klein began his career as a WR for K-State and was asked to workout at Tight End in the combine. He steadfastly refused because he believes he's a QB (like most do). But according to most scouts you talk too, with the Tebow experiment now on life-support the idea of another Tebow sits well with no one. And make no mistake, his delivery and mechanics are just as bad. According to one scout, Klein cannot make all required NFL throws because he lacks anticipation and clean delivery. His release is far too slow, and his wind-up might be slower than Tebows. Whatever he can do on the ground, they say, he can't quite handle in the air. He was invited to Texans camp months ago and reportedly did well, but was not offered a chance on the pre-season roster and has not had a sniff since... And it's clinging to life as a QB that will probably spell the doom for one of college's most atheletically intriguing players. And it's a shame.

(Possible Destinations? Tennesse Titans, Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams... if he switched to TE-- the list might expand.)

Will any of these players find a roster spot, or a shot to prove it once again? Only time can tell...

WRITER'S NOTE: I FINALLY GOT MY MADDEN! YES! I can't wait to get started. Of course though, it WOULD come on the day that is personally my most busy. But I will be posting as often as I can, getting through pre-season, tracking every cut and signing, and all the good position battles. I'm certain we are about to have one hell of a time, gentlemen! Stay Tuned! Pre-season kicks off tonight!

Thanks for reading!
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

TBFL Colts

Last edited by Desalbert; 08-30-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #31
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Favre comeback?! My Ravens better not sign TO...I would like to see how a Russell comeback plays out. Can't wait for this to start.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #32
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

Dropped a 5 star rating on this thread for you, and thanks for the Brett Farve idea. I had the Raiders pick him up in my Franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »