Home

The Cleveland Curse: A Cleveland Browns Ownership Saga (Madden 25)

This is a discussion on The Cleveland Curse: A Cleveland Browns Ownership Saga (Madden 25) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #49
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The Cleveland Curse: A Cleveland Browns Ownership Saga (Madden 25)

You are doing a great job so far. This dynasty seems so real! Are any other retired players like Donovan McNabb or Shaun Alexander gonna come out of retirement in season 2?
Old 09-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #50
Rookie

Tgar05's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
You are doing a great job so far. This dynasty seems so real! Are any other retired players like Donovan McNabb or Shaun Alexander gonna come out of retirement in season 2?
O no not Shaun haha bring back LT if your bringing back a rb! But mcnabb to come back could be special especially in Kansas City. Urlacher wouldn't be bad either.
NHL: Pens
NCAA: Penn St, WVU
Old 09-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #51
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Fanatic12
Just wanted to let you know I am following and you are doing such an awesome job. I really enjoy how you are making some players comeback. Do You plan on bringing others back in future years as well?
Thank you so much for following, I really appreciate it and I'm glad you're enjoying the potential comeback stories. Unfortunately, Madden 25 won't let me create players once a Franchise is started as far as I know, so I won't be able to bring more guys back. I wish I could. It would be stellar. At the very least I wish I made a handful more guys. Like LT. I'll just have to see who the game itself might force into a comeback as we go on I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4
Wow, Farve to the Colts? Interesting.
Yeah, it was NOT my first expectation. But after my game against them and the gruesome injury Hasselbeck suffered as well as the terrible play (and real life release of Chandler Harnish) the stars seemed to align. Would Favre actually take a backup job? I don't know, but he is now the ONLY backup to Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgar05
O no not Shaun haha bring back LT if your bringing back a rb! But mcnabb to come back could be special especially in Kansas City. Urlacher wouldn't be bad either.
I totally wish I thought of some of these guys. LT Clearly wants to play, I feel. McNabb has some unfinished business. Urlacher has vengeane to take and so on. It's really too bad I didn't consider some of these guys before I started this up, I wish I could create more players mid-franchise. You guys have some great ideas.

Thank you so much for following guys and for all the kind words.

The 4th week of pre-season update is in the pipe, as is a MAJOR amount of movements for Final Cuts and a "Waiver system" I had to implement for all teams to helo stabilize every 53 man Roster. Expect two new Reports soon! Then we start the Regular season and Week by Week Reports will become notably frequent.
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

Commissioner of TBFL Madden on OS http://www.operationsports.com/forums/tbfl/

TBFL Colts
Year 1: 9-7-0 (No playoffs)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #52
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

PRE-SEASON WEEK 4

News Prior to the games

Browns Staff collectively names Weeden Week 1 starter

> "Call it a Contest"-- The Cleveland Browns held a press conference today, prior to the 4th week of Preseason to announce that their QB Battle has come to an end. Though the Browns Battle has been one of the most unimpressive this preseason (Along with the Raiders') the Browns staff confirmed today that Brandon Weeden will be the starting QB of the Browns heading into the Regular Season.

"We have full confidence in Brandon" Said Coach Chudzinski "and we're excited to name him the starter". Yet, while Browns brass can tow the company line and state their excitement about Weeden, his bottom-feeding play and the fact that Jason Campbell played so badly that unless the Browns wanted to start JaMarcus Russell they have no other option than Weeden. In fact, that truly seems to be the case as Chudzinski also confirmed that QB Jason Campbell would play "at least 3 quarters" in the final game. Not a good omen to play that long in the most meaningless game of pre-season.

> "Quick moves" -- The following moves were performed just prior to the 4th Pre-season Games:

Raiders sign P Reggie Hodges
Colts sign QB Brett Favre
Browns Cut RB Brandon Jackson
Raiders cut P Chris Kluwe

GAME DAY: Pre-season Week 4

Browns bullied by Bears, Blanked 19-0

Campbell Shutout in Game, Shutout of Roster
The Bears second team crushed Campbell's Browns

How often does this happen? Just a week after the Browns shut out the Colts by a score of 19-0, the Browns then turn around and lose by the same score, 19-0, a week after. That's got to be some sort of freak occurrence that somebody at Guiness needs to look at. Strange events aside however, the major story in the game was the absolute bottoming-out of Browns QB Jason Campbell.

At one point (in a time long, long ago) Jason Campbell was being talked up as the perfect guy to challenge Weeden for the starting job. Fast-forward to just before Pre-Season week 4 and the Browns brass has called the match and named Weeden the starter-- But not because he played well-- rather, because Campbell played so poorly.

Campbell's 4 Interceptions lead to Browns loss

So poorly, in fact, that he was roundly shutout of the endzone the entire game, playing most of the way versus Chicago's 2nd team. Worse yet, he threw 4 interceptions in the game. 4 interceptions against a second team-- a terrible fact which put his pre-season at an abysmal statline of 0 Touchdowns and 7 Interceptions through 4 games. He wasn't just outplayed by his opposing rivals-- He looked like he should retire.

And sure enough the Browns noticed what we all did weeks ago-- Jason Campbell, as shocking as it sounds, not only does not deserve to be considered for a starting job; he also has no place on the Browns roster.

Browns Owner Alexander Jackson seemed surprised to see how things went in the competition in his Press Conference, where he heaped praise on Rob Chudzinski as the kind of guy who "won't let this team ride a low ebb. He's the sort of Coach that demands an up tempo, as is Ray Horton, and you can see it in our playbook designs" Jackson said.

On Campbell he added "Well obviously it's a surprise. You bring a guy in, especially with his experience and his pedigree and it looks a perfect fit. Sometimes things don't work out though." Jackson noted, tight lipped.

When asked if he thought Campbell should call it a career, Jackson added "Well it's not my call to make, I don't work with players and I don't know what's up in Campbell's life, so I can't say. I mean, I think he has a fire left, and I think if you delete that tape of this pre-season, surely he's still got to be a fit somewhere. But I can't say"

The Campbell story dominated the post-game news in what was a terrible Browns offensive showing. Lost in that shuffle too are these notes:

Other Game day quick hits/ observations/ rookie work/ standouts

Jason Campbell's 0 TDs 7 INTs in Pre-season lead to unexpected release; will Campbell clear waivers?

> With news of Campbell's demise, JaMarcus Russell has unexpectedly sewn up the backup job to Brandon Weeden. With the Browns now only carrying two Quarterbacks, and one with no NFL experience for the last 3 years, We're guessing Weeden's leash will be fairly long despite an abysmal pre-season. But We're just one injury away (presumably) from seeing Jamarcus Russell suit up in a regular season game once again.

> Browns WR Sammie Stroughter has been fighting for a roster spot but came down with an injury that will end his season. It's a tough development for Stroughter.

> WR Ryan Swope also fought for a roster spot today, but is reportedly expected to be cut. Swope put forward a fair effort when he got his hands on the ball, but appeared to struggle getting seperation, especially from the press.

>Game day injuries: As noted above, Sammie Stroughter will miss the season.

Browns Extra!

Sammie Stroughter's bid to make an NFL 53 ended today with an injury that will sideline him all year

The Browns announced the following cuts at the final round

-WR Ryan Swope
-MLB Tank Carter
-C Braxston Cave
-QB Jason Campbell
-RE Hall Davis
- (WR Sammie Stroughter-- Placed on IR)
-DE Brian Sanford
-CB Richard Marshall
- TE Kellen Davis

AROUND THE LEAGUE

MAJOR HEADLINES SUMMARY

Same old Sight?: Charles is injured again, will miss 3 weeks of regular season

"Charles dinged" -- The Chiefs got bad news today, noting that star runningback Jamaal Charles will miss 3 weeks of the regular season. Cyrus Gray is expected to carry the load, though the Chiefs may utilize the waver system to add depth.

STAY TUNED FOR MAJOR NEWS AS ALL TEAMS GET DOWN TO 53 MAN ROSTERS, AND NAME POSITION BATTLE WINNERS
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

TBFL Colts

Last edited by Desalbert; 09-03-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #53
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

The Final 53: Special Report, YEAR 1

The preseason is over, and now the last cuts and final shufflings come, as every team assembles its 53 man roster, taking stock of what it has, what it needs, who's been let go, and who is no longer needed. But before we get to the final cuts, and the final waiver claims and signings by all teams, let's take a quick look at which players won the most interesting position battles in the league.

Position Battles close, Yield Starers

> Michael Vick Barley Edges out Nick Foles as starting QB for Philadelphia. Both Players did quite well, but Vick's added elements and greater percision proved too difficult to overcome. One might imagine Vick's leash will be of a medium length given his skillset, but he can't afford to mess up for long, with Foles also playing at a starting QB level.

> Geno Smith will be the starter for the Jets going up and over presumptive starter Mark Sanchez on the back of much more efficient play. Geno took stranglehold on job since Week 2, while Sanchez' poor efficiency sinks him to a backup role.

> In a mild surprise, Jacksonville Jaguars coach Gus Bradley announced today that Chad Henne will be the Jags starter at QB for week 1. Henne played well and proved fair competition for the former first round pick, Gabbert and ended up firmly outplaying him with more TDs and no interceptions. It is believed Henne's anointing is on limited, game-by-game basis.

>In yet one more surprise, Dennis Allen has concede that Terrell Pryor will be the starer for the Raiders heading into their week one match up against Indianapolis. Overall, along with the Cleveland Browns' derby, Oakland had the in most uninteresting QB battle of the pre-season. Both QBs were poor, including McGloin. But Pryor gets the nod. With Campbell released by the Browns though, might Mark Davis take another chance on the man who seemed to have the Raiders headed the right way nearly 2 years ago? What about Tebow? He remains unsigned and NFL Network's Terrell Davis believes that he would be a fit for the Raiders.

> Ronnie Hillman was able to beat out Montee Ball in the Broncos RB Derby, but Ball will see carries as the second man in and the two are expected to Platoon.

---------

CUTTING DOWN TO 53: Every Team makes its final cuts

BROWNS
WR Ryan Swope
MLB Tank Carter
C Braxston Cave
QB Jason Campbell
RE Hall Davis
( WR Sammie Stroughter-- Placed on IR)
DE Brian Sanford
CB Richard Marshall
TE Kellen Davis
K Shayne Graham

BEARS
QB Trent Edwards
RB Armando Allen
FB Harvey Unga
TE Fendi OnobunDT Collins
Brandon Hardin SS -- Placed on IR

BENGALS
QB John Skelton
DE Dontay Moch
OT Dennis Roland
CB Sean Prater
QB Zac Robinson

BILLS
QB Kevin Kolb
QB Thaddeus Lewis
RB Zach Brown
TE Dorin Dickerson
DT Torrell Troup
C David Snow

BRONCOS
RG Phillip Blake
OL Boren
C Manny Ramirez
RT Vinson Painter
LE Jeremy Beal

BUCS
TE Danny Noble
WR David Douglas
DT Andre Neblett
SS Cody Grimm
C Andrew Economos
LG Roger Allen

CARDINALS
WR Kerry Taylor
TE Roichard Quinn
RG Senio Klemente
DT David Carer
FS Curtis Taylor
SS Johnathan Amaya

CHARGERS
WR Robert Meachum
LB Thomas Keiser
CB William Middleton
FS Sean Cattouse
LT Max Starks
RG Stephen Schoilling

CHIEFS
RB Shaun Draughn
TE Tony Moeaki
Ricky Henry
OT Stephen Baker
LE Austin Lane
RE Marcus Dixon

COLTS
OL Bradley Sowell
LE Lawrence Guy
RE Drake Nevis
S Larry Asante
T Ben Ijalana
DT Montori Hughes

COWBOYS
QB Alex Tanney
WR Anthony Armsstrong
TE J.P. Ladoucer
OT Demetress Bell

DOLPHINS
QB Aaron Corp
WR Bryan Tyms
WR Marvin McNutt
LT jeff Adams
RT Andrew MacDonald
DE Antwaan Applewhite
DT Kheeston Randle

EAGLES
QB GJ Kinne
WR Russell Shepherd
TE Clay Harbour
C Dallas Reynolds
RG Danny Watkins
LE Joe Kruger

FALCONS
WR James Rodgers
C Jacques McClendon
RG Phillipkeith Manley
DT Micanor Regis
MLB Pat Schiller

49ERS
LT Kenny Wiggins
SS Trenton Robinson
OL Al Netter
LB Cam Johnson
WR Ricardo Lockette

GIANTS
QB David Carr
LT Bryant Browning
LG Selvish Capers
C Matthew Mccants
DE Adrian Tracy
DT Marvin Austin

JAGUARS
QB Matt Scott
WR Jeremy Ebert
WR Tobias Palmer
TE Ryan Otten
LE Pannel Egboh
DE Ryan Davis

JETS
WR Zach Rodgers
WR Mohammed Massaquoi
TE Chris Panatale
DE Tavita Finau
LB Jaques Smith
T Jason Smith

LIONS
WR Corey Fuller
LG Rodney Austin
C Darren keyton
DT Jimmy Sadler-McQueen
DB Ron Bartell
SS Tyrell Johnson

PACKERS
RB Alex Greeen
WR Tyrone Walker
WR Charles Johnson
TE DJ Williams
DT Jordan Miller
OT Andrew Datko
OT Kevin Hughes

PANTHERS
RB Tauren Poole
WR David Gettis
LG Haysworth Hicks
RT Bruce Campbell
DT Sione Fua
LB Jason Williams

PATRIOTS
RB Leon Washington
DE Justin Francis
DE Marcus Bernard
DT Marcus Forston
LB Jeff Tarpinian
LB Mike Rivera
P Zoltan Mesko

RAIDERS
OT Willie Smith
RT Tony Hills
DE Andre Carter
LB Omar Gaither
CB Joselio Hanson
LT Alex Barron

Rams
QB Austin Davis
WR Nick Johnson
LT DJ Young
RT Ty Nsekhe
LE Mason Brodine
RE Sammy Brown

RAVENS
QB Caleb Hanie
RB Bobby Rainey
TE Billy Bajema
G Antoine McClain
OL David Mims
CB Mark Anthony
FS Omar Brown

REDSKINS
RB Keiland Williams
WR Dezmon Briscoe
RT Jeremy Trueblood
DT Ron Brace (To IR)
LB Vic So'oto
S DeJon Gomes
S Phillip Thomas

SAINTS
LG Andrew Tiller
RT Marcel Jones
DT Isaako Aaitui
OLB Rufus Johnson
ROLB Baraka Atkins
CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
CB Cris Carr
SS Jim Leonhard

SEAHAWKS
QB Brady Quinn
FB Michael Robinson
WR Chris Harper
TE Sean McGrath
DE Jaye Howard
DT Clintoin McDonald
MLB Ty Powell
CB Winston Guy
DE Deshawn Shead

STEELERS
RB Johnathan Dwyer
WR Khashif Moore
WR Tandon Doss
LT Joe Long
CB Josh Victorian
CB Terry Hawthorne
P Brian Moorman
P Drew Butler

TEXANS
RB Dennis Johnson
LG Nate Menkin
LE David Hubter (To IR)
DT Daniel Muir
CB Elbert Mack

Other Transactions:

SAINTS Traded 7th Round Pick to 49ERS for Parys Lenon (After cuts performed was able to get this real-life trade done).

COWBOYS Traded DT Sean Lissemore to CHARGERS for 7th rounder)

WAIVER WIRE: ASSEMBLING THE FINAL 53

Writer's note: After performing the final cuts for each team as they related to Real Life and to the stats of pre-season, the outcome of each roster was full of holes. So, I had to implement a random waiver system where a team gets its number called and fills its needs, and then the next, and so on. so, in essence, at this point is the point where things get a bit otherworldly and the rosters, and my universe as a whole begins to take its own shape.

Roster finalization and waiver wire moves

Cleveland Browns
Browns sign WR Braylon Edwards
Browns claim WR Kyle Williams on waivers from 49ers
Browns claim K Lawrence Tynes on waivers from Buccaneers
Browns Claim CB Ras-I Dowling on Waivers from Patriots

Chicago Bears
Bears claim Johnathan Dwyer off Waivers from Steelers
Bears sign MLB Jonas Mouton
Bears sign FB Mike Cox
Bears release C P. Mannelly

Atlanta Falcons
Falcons Sign MLB Bart Scott
Falcons Sign ROLB Carmen Messina
Falcons Claimed RG Phillip Blake off Waivers from Broncos

Buffalo Bills
Bills Sign LT Jared Gaither

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Bucs Terminated Contract of QB Dan Orlovsky
Bucs Place DT X on IR
Bucs Sign MLB Takeo Spikes
Bucs Claimed OLB Aaron Maybin off Waivers from Bengals

Baltimore Ravens
Ravens Signed WR Brandon Lloyd
Ravens Terminated Contract of FB Kyle Juszcyzch
Ravens Release C Joe Madsen
Ravens Sign OL Ramon Hairwood
Ravens Sign OL Bruce Campbell
Waived DE Deangelo Dyson
Claimed RB Tauren Poole off Waivers from Panthers

San Diego Chargers
Chargers Released QB Charlie Whitehurst
Chargers Waived FB Chris Gronkowski
Chargers Waived TE Mike Windt
Chargers Claimed LT Andrew Datko on Waivers from Packers
Chargers Claimed RT AL Netter on Waivers from 49ers
Chargers Claimed RG Phillipkeith Mannely from Falcons

New York Giants
Giants Terminate contract of SS Will Hill (SUS)
Giants release FS David Caldwell
Claim LB Jamari Lattimore off Waivers from Packers
Sign LT Mark Asper

Pittsburgh Steelers
Steelers release QB Bruce Gradkowski
Steelers release FB Will Johnson
Steelers release C Greg Warren
Steelers Sign WR Robert Meachum
Steelers Sign LT Ed Wang
Steelers Claim RG Danny Watkins off Waivers from Eagles
Steelers sign CB Vince Agnew

Houston Texans
Texans Claim LG Andrew Tiller off Waivers
Texans Sign ROLB O'Brien Schofield
Texans release TE Weeks

New England
Patriots Sign C Slowey
Partiots Sign MLB Larry Grant

Arizona Cardinals
Cardinals Claim FB Chris Pressley off Waivers from Bengals
Cardinals Bring Back WR Mike Thomas

St. Louis Rams
Rams Waive C Tim Barnes
Rams Claim RT Vinston Painter off Waivers from Broncos
Rams Claim MLB Roddeerick Muckleroy off Waivers from Redskins

Detroit Lions
Lions add MLB Travis Goethel
Lions Waive FB Shawn Chapas
Lions add ROLB Chase Thomas

New Orleans Saints
Saints Place LT Terron Armstead on Injured Reserve
Saints terminate contract of FS Abdul Quaddis
Saints release TE Justin Dresher
Saints claim LT Max Starks off Waivers from Chargers
Saints Claim G Haysworth Hicks off Waivers from Panthers
Saints Clain CB Trevin Wade off Waivers from Browns

Indianapolis Colts
Place DE Ricky Jean-Francois on Injured Reserve
Place C Samson Satele on Injured Reserve
Place RG Mike McGlynn on Injured Reserve
Claim C Joe Madsen off Waivers from Ravens
Sign RT Demetress Bell
Sign RE Drake Nevis
Sign RG Stephen Schilling

Carolina Panthers
Panthers Waive TE JJ Jansen
Panthers Claim RT Jason Smith off Waivers from Jets

Denver Broncos
Broncos SS Mike Adams on Injured Reserve
Broncos Waive CB Omar Bolden
Broncos Waive S R. Bruton
Broncos Claim LOLB Josh Kaddu off Waivers from Dolphins
Broncos sign Marcel Jones

Miami Dolphins
Place RT Nate Garner on Injured Reserve
Claim WR Lavelle Hawkins off Waivers from 49ers
Waive FS Jimmy Wilson
Sign MLB Joe Holland
Sign RT Vince McDonald

Jacksonville Jaguars
Jaguars Waive DT Kyle Love
Jaguars Waive SS Chris Prosinski
Cincinatti Bengals
Bengals place DE Wallace Gilberry on Injured Reserve
Bengals sign RT Brandon Keith
Bengals Claim OLB Cam Johnson off Waivers

Kansas City Chiefs
Chiefs Waive CB Kennard Cox
Chiefs Waive S Justyn Hartman
Chiefs Claim RB Andre Ellington from Cardinals
Chiefs Sign LG Travelle Wharton
Chiefs Claim OLB Rufus Johnson off Waivers

Dallas Cowboys
Cowboys Sign LOLB THomas Keiser
Cowboys Waive C Ryan Cook
Cowboys Sign LT Barry Richardson
Cowboys Claim LG Nate Menkin off Waivers
Cowboys Claim LE Joe Kruger off Waivers from Eagles

Philadelphia Eagles
Eagles Waive DT Dixon
Eagles Claim LT Bradley Sowell off Waivers

San Francisco
49ers Sign RT Johnny CulBreath
$9ers Claim LT Jeff Adamns off Waivers
49ers Waive RB Kendall Hunter
$9ers Terminate Contract of MLB Nathan Stupar (SUS)
49ers laim Vic So'oto off Waivers
49ers bring back MLB Michael Wilhoite
49ers Waive FS CJ Spillman

New York Jets
Jets Bring Back WR Jeremy Kerley
Jets Waive CB Isiah Trufant
Jets Claim DE TY Neshke off Waivers from Rams
Waive QB Graham Harrell
Claim QB Brady Quinn off Waivers from Seahawks
Waive RB Khalil Bell
Claim RB Alex Green from Packers

Green Bay Packers
Waive QB BJ Coleman
Sign QB Seneca Wallace
Bring Back WR Jarrett Boykin
Sign LB Chris Gocong
Waive CB Micah Hyde

Oakland Raiders
Raiders Sign ROLB LeRoy Hill
Sign MLB Brendon Ayanbadjo
RG Kevin Hughes
Brigng Back RE Andre Carter
Waive FS Reggie Smith
Waive C Andre Gurode
Waive TE Jon Condo
Waive LT Alex Barron

Washington Redskins
Redskins Sign DT Sion Phoua
Place LOLB Daryl Tapp on Injured Reserve
Terminate Contract of QB Rex Grossman
Bring Back S Phillip Thomas
Claim LOLB Matt Schaughnessy off Waivers

Seattle Seahawks
Seahawks Claim RG Otis Hudson off Waivers
Sign LE Ray Edwards
OLB Tyrone McKenzie

Tennessee Titans
Claim MLB Brandon Siler
Claim OLB Greenwood

Minnesota Vikings
Claim RB DuJuan Harris off Waivers from Packers
Vikings Sign RT Winston Guy

FINALLY, BEFORE WE START THE SEASON

COMEBACK PLAYER CHECKUP, YEAR 1

Before we start the season it behooves us to check in on the status of our tracked comeback players, as well as add another: Tim Tebow to the mix

QB Jamarcus Russell

Status: Beat out Campbell to lock up #2 QB job for Browns. Goal to become NFL starter Possible

QB Brett Favre

Status: Currently the lone backup to Andrew Luck. #2 on Depth After a season-ending injury to Matt Hasselbeck and abysmal play by Harnish, Brett Favre was on the receiving end of a call from Jim Irsay. Goal to make one last superbowl run: In Question

WR Terrell Owens

Status: Currently the #5 WR for the Jaguars. Owens' career looked like it may finally come to an end after he was picked up and the unceremoniously dumped by the Chiefs after one week of Pre-Season. However, Owens would clear waivers but be signed a week later by the Jacksonville Jaguars, where he and Stephen Burton were added to provide relief for a 4 game suspension to Blackmon. 5th Wideout on a struggling franchise isn't exactly T.O.'s gig, but it's something. Goal to make plays and have everyone remember the name? Possible

WR Chad Johnson

Status: Survived cuts and made it on the Ravens Roster. After serious injuries to starting WRs Torrey Smith (7 Weeks) and Jacoby Jones (4 Weeks) Chad would have been in line to start at the second WR Position on Week one. However, due to his domestic dispute case, he has been suspended for 4 weeks. That suspension will put his perfect chance on the back burner, and by the time he returns, Jones will be back from injury. A golden opportunity awaited Chad, but it may pass him by. Goal to make an impact on a winning team and not be thought of as a has-been? On Track ; On Hold

QB Collin Klein
B]Status:[/b] Still hasn't seen a nibble of interest as a QB on an NFL roster. With big names being let go and signed weekly, he may not get the chance. Goal to make an NFL Roster as QB? Unlikely

QB Tim Tebow
B]Status:[/b] Like Klein, Tebow is a unique athlete that either turns people away or toward him. For Tim, his last meaningful play was a Playoff TD pass 2 years ago to win with Denver, and his time in New England didn't last. Since then he reportedly had interest from the Indianapolis Colts and sources talk him up as a potential piece for the Raiders or Jags, but he may have to wait for a signifcant development. Goal to be a starting QB in the NFL: Unlikely

Stay Tuned for Week 1 News, Next!
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

TBFL Colts

Last edited by Desalbert; 09-02-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #54
Rookie

Tgar05's Arena

Your browns should take tebow and let him run wildcat or move him to hb and let him spell rb/fb/te/slot wr. Can't hurt to have a pregame prayer when your the underdog plus as owner your going to need to sell jerseys that lottery money won't support you forever haha
NHL: Pens
NCAA: Penn St, WVU
Old 09-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #55
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

Week One, Year One

Browns squeak by Dolphins in ugly one, 13-6
Narrowly dodge Richardson Catastrophe
By: Tom Tellerson, Cleveland Plain Dealer

The first game of the new administration is in the books and it's going to go down as a win, though it could easily have gone the other way, and the Browns nearly saw their season prospects fade with a blow to Richardson. But before we tell you what happened, lets start at the beginning, or, at least somewhere approximate.

The Cleveland Browns took to the field against the Miami Dolphins this week at the newly christened FirstEnergy Field, which now stands as a kind of mocking phantom for a Jimmy Haslam era that never was. Today, it was under the guise of new Browns Owner Alexander Jackson, and the results were nearly as ugly as Haslam's trial.

To start, the game began as a simple feeling-out. Both Teams favoured the run, with the Browns relying on go-to back Trent Richardson to carry the load. But 4 carries later and two drives down, and the Browns put up double-three-and-outs. On the Dolphins end, things didn't look much different, as Lamar Miller was featured early, but provided a quick punt. The Dolphins would fare a tad better later, and push into Cleveland territory, but would be forced to punt on a key stop on 3rd and 1 by a heatseeking TJ Ward who layed a sweet shoulder on Daniel Thomas, dropping him shy of the mark.

Two Teams, Two Punts. No score. Queue up another round of Punts after a Hartline Drop on 3rd and 11 and we have yet more punts. Get the idea? The Browns too, were forced into another Punt, and the first Quarter rang in a decidedly uninteresting 0-0 scoreline.

Then, things started happening-- Things you tell stories about. After the series of aforementioned punts, the Browns finally got the rock moving on a few quick-hitting routes by Weeden, but the crowd would finally rise on a 16 yard burst from Richardson who followed Alabama team-mate Brad Smelley off the right side, then put his head-down and careened into two Dolphins defenders, bowling them both down like a rhino to tissue paper. Richardson would stumble and fall after the play, but the effort put some life in the rather lifeless affair, and the Browns fans were on their feet.

It was a few plays later when we learned how quiet those fans can be, when Richardson took a shot from a Dolphins linebacker and needed to be helped off the field. He wouldn't be seen again after posting around 45 yards on 8 carries. And though local announcers speculated the injury would be serious, we've since been told it would have no lasting effects. ESPN info-man Adam Schefter reported as much on a tweet, mid-game.

@AdamSchefter: Hearing that #Trich will be okay. Tough break in close game, but Browns breathe relief.

Indeed, what a relief to every Cleveland native around.

Richardson assured Cleveland Media he's fine after missing game

Still, with Richardson down and the second quarter truly underway, the Browns would have to either turn Weeden loose or rely on other runners. They'd do a bit of both, and managed to break the ice on a 24 yard fieldgoal by newly minted kicker, Billy Cundiff. The score was 3-0.

At this point, things got real, as Tannehill seemed to overcome a bit of his awkward skittishness (he still looks like a rookie out there, Dolphins fans might be concerned) to put together a drive that was punctuated with a Lamar Miller 24 yard blast up the gut. However, a few wonky throws and a key tackle forced a Dolphins field-goal try by Rookie Kicker and Florida native Caleb Stugis. The pressure appeared to be too much as Sturgis had the 43 yarder sail wide. The Dolphins lacked luck today.

After the miss, Cleveland turned to Weeden for a few plays and lucked out, when former Browns spurner Braylon Edwards snagged a key first down on 3rd and 12 after a perfectly run route. Once you leave Cleveland like Edwards did, you don't often come back, but injuries and a Gordon suspension (as well as an owner who evidently misses the 'few good days' of Cleveland 2000s) gave him the chance. He had just the one grab, but I'm sure I saw a few #17 jersies in the crowd and a few quiet smiles.

At any rate, the grab set up a 45 yard FG that Cundiff nailed, putting the Browns up 6-0

The Dolphins fired back quickly hitting Mike Wallace on a post with just a 1:30 in the first half, but a drop by Gibson and another misfire from Tannehill forced a punt.

Then, with around 30 seconds left in the half, the Browns made an error, allowing Weeden to try for more points. He'd be picked on his own side of the field with 30 seconds left; prime real-estate for Dolphins score. However, alluding to the notion of luck I offered earlier, the Dolphins would cough up the rock on the very next play when Barkevious Mingo, the 6th overall pick in the draft leveled one on Mike Thomas, forcing a fumble that would be recovered by D'qwell Jackson, allowing the Browns to diffuse the situation and knee the game to the half-time. 6-0 at Half.

With Richardson down, and a 6-0 lead, the Browns knew they couldn't rely on their defense all game, and needed another player to step up. At times it looked like it could be Weeden, but on the first play of the half, Browns RB Dion Lewis ripped off a 50 yard run that blew the roof off the place. The kid is quick, and had great blocks, though he will likely never develop into a full-time back, and was soon hurt as well and forced to leave the game and the Browns runningame in the hands Of Miguel Maysonette (Here is where the casual fan raises an eyebrow). Like Richardson, Lewis would be fine after the game.

Following the 50 yard burst, on 3rd down, Weeden dropped back, bounced up in the pocket and hit Jordan Cameron down the seam between the safties on a post route for the game's first touchdown and a 13-0 lead. Browns fans and fantasy gurus hope this connection can keep producing fireworks, but in a conservative day for Weeden, it was his best look and best throw on the day.

The Dolphins would then plunge deep into Browns territory on a well-sustained and balanced attack the featured Lamar Miller and Brandon Gibson. However, a key sack by TJ Ward to a chorus of dog-pound tomfoolery forced a field goal by Sturgis-- this time the 38-yarder was good.

Afterward, Browns fans found their hearts collectively in their throats as the Cleveland Curse cropped up, when Travis Benjamin was tagged and fumbled on the ensuing kickoff. Reshad Jones, the man with the earlier INT forced and recovered the fumble, setting the Phins up inside the 20 with a clear chance to double-dip after the field-goal. However, After another skittish series and ugly throw under pressure (that should have been picked), The Browns Horton-lead defense again stymied the Phins in the red-zone, and held them to a field goal, making it a one score game, 13-6.

Now, late in the fourth quarter, the Browns forced to punt after a few first downs (one to WR Kyle Williams and a diving effort by former Dolphin WR Davone Bess) and the Dolphins are on the ball.

After a number of plays, the Dolphins found themselves at 4th and 2, on their own 44 with 6:40 remaining in the game, and, in a surprising call by Joe Philbin, the Dolphins decided to go for it, and succeeded on a two yard dumper to Michael Egnew as the Browns commited to the run. Just enough.

It would all be for naught though, as Browns Rookie CB Leon McFadden intercepted Ryan Tannehill. McFadden had been showing up all training camp, and essentially forced his way into the starting line up, and today he showed some of why the Browns elected to select him over oft-discussed Tyrann "Honey-Badger" Mathieu in the 3rd round.

The game would be far from sealed however, as Weeden, attempting to pick up yards on a scramble, was made to look foolish after he coughed the ball right into the hands of Dolphins 1st round rookie Dion Jordan.

Again though, the Dolphins would struggle under Tannehill's difficulty with pocket management, and they would be forced to eventually try to tie the game with just 20 seconds remaining after Cleveland RB Miguel Maysonette milked the clock as best he could. The Dolphins would be unssuccessful as 3rd string DE John Hughes would sack Tannehill and the game ended, 13-6 to the Browns.

Quick Hitters/ Obersvations

Browns #2 CB Leon Mcfadden got game's only INT and P.o.G Award

> Weeden was not spectacular and gave up two turnovers but did show a tendency for accurate throws that we did not see in the pre-season, posting a 65% completion

> The Buzz around Tannehill's progression this season didn't show up here. He looked rattled and unsure of his reads, posting a 50% completion on the nose, and a few particularly awful throws. He received little help from his Wideouts who had a collective 5 drops on the day, however

>Both Dion Jordan and Barkevious Mingo made their presences felt, both involved in the turnover creation process

> Cundiff looked accurate as the new Browns kicker

> Sturgis needs to not miss makeable kicks or he won't be around long

> Lamar Miller had a solid day but his workload will concern fantasy folk. He was featured often early but finished with 90 yards on just 14 carries

>The Browns defense had looked fairly porus in the pre-season, but today managed to blanket Tannehill's options. Big Money Man Mike Wallace was held to just two catches for 21 yards.

>Brandon Gibson was up and down, hauling in a Miami team-high 5 catches for 61 yards but also 3 drops. His effort might be perceived more negatively by the coaching staff than he'd like

> Richardson said that after the game, Browns fans don't need to worry, he was "taken out, as a precaution, you know, and uh, it's all good, most definitely"

AROUND THE LEAGUE: GAME RESULTS, HEADLINES, AND OBSERVATIONS ON THE FIELD

Griffin will miss a month after a lower body setback

"Sophmore Slump?" -- Andrew Luck may have given fantasy owners a cause for concern as he posted an absolutely abysmal 25% completion and 90 yards against the Raiders. His Colts lost the game 15-13 to a Raiders defense that apparently "used a lot of exotic looks". Luck put the loss on himself and vowed to play better "Obviously, I'm disappointed, It was my worst game as a pro. It won't happen again" Colts fans sure hope not. The Raiders were a heavy underdog, and Pryor did nothing of note, but they won, and likely caused a lot of betting tickets to be torn up. Also, just putting this out there, but does Luck's performance have anything to do with the pressure of a certain #4 on the sidelines chirping in his ear and looking over his shoulder? I'm just sayin'

"Rodgers forces passes, tosses 3 picks under durress" -- Aaron Rodgers was under pressure all day long against the 49ers and reportedly clawed his way out of a number of scrapes. However, the paranoia of Aldon Smith, Justin Smith and Patrick Willis chasing him down caused him to throw 3 interceptions on forced throws despite also notching 59% completion and 347 yards passing. The Packers lost the game.

"Dalton throws 4 picks, Bengals still win"-- In what might be the strangest stat of the week, the Bengals won a game in which their starting QB played terribly. To the tune of 4 Interceptions. Wow.

"Flu bug causes Locker to sit, Fitzy leads Titans over Steelers" -- Jake Locker was expected to start against the Steelers this week but was pulled from the docket after coming down with Flu-like symptoms on saturday night. Fitzpatrick went in and posted a 94 QB rating en route to a big win. Could there be a sudden QB controversy here? Munchack says no "Locker is the guy". How long will that last if Locker loses, now that we've seen what Fitztpatrick can do? Titans are in a dangerous spot now.

"Ponder exits game early with bruise, Cassel throws game away versus Lions, roster spot in sudden jeopardy" -- The Vikings were demolished by the Lions this week after Ponder was forced to leave the game. Ponder will be fine, and it's a good thing too, as Cassell sucked so badly that the QBs backup job looks questionable. Update: Cassel has been terminated. Bethel-Thompson currently to hold backup job.

"Sack Party" -- The Kansas City Chiefs ripped up the Jacksonville Jaguars in a 30-13 win over Henne's club, putting the Michigan product on his back 7 times. Speaking of Henne:

Henne pulled from gig after one week; too early to chant Tebow Time in J-Ville?

"The Wrong Choice"-- After just one week and one embarrasing loss, Jags Coach Gus Bradley admits that he made "the wrong call" anointing Henne the starter. Henne was dropped 7 times to sacks and threw 2 interceptions along with an abysmal rating. Though Jones-Drew attempted to put the team on his back with an inspiring 116 yard performance on just 18 carries, Bradley said Henne "lost the huddle" and "the respect of his team-mates". As an intense guy, Bradley will bench Henne and go with Gabbert. Don't be surprised if Henne asks for his release after Bradley's words.

"Rushing Griffin to field proves costly" -- Many are questioning Dr. Andrews' go ahead on Robert Griffin's injury and believe he may have been pressured into the assesment with the news that Griffin had to leave the game against the Eagles mid-way through with an apparent lower body injury. Sources say the issue is unrelated, but Washington is being awful tight-lipped about it. We do know Griffin will miss a month with the ailment in what must be very scary news. If it is related to his gruesome leg injury, he could be out longer. At any rate, the Redskins will go with Kirk Cousins and Pat White for the next 4 games.

"Breesy Does it; Stafford too" -- Drew Brees and Matt Safford lead their teams through the air with 400+ Yards and 3 TDs. They both secured big wins.

"Romo puts up guady numbers, comes up short" -- Tony Romo clicked with his two top targets in Dez Bryant (12 catches) and Miles Austin (11) putting up 447 yards himself, but failed to beat the Giants.

"Freeney still Ballin'" Dwight Freeny recorded 4 solo sacks against the Texas on route to a Chargers upset victory.

"Starting Runners take fall; 49ers lose Whitner": Ronnie Hillman, David Wilson, Ahmad Bradshaw and Matt Forte will all miss multiple weeks as their teams scramble to adjust. Meanwhile, the 49ers will lose all-pro safety Dante Whitner for the season with a broken Ankle.

INJURY AND SUSPENSION NEWS

Key Players returning to Action for Week 2:
Kenny Britt (TEN--HEALED)
Isiah Pead ( STL-- Suspension Served)
Rokevious Watkins (KC- Suspension Served)
DT Jurrell Casey (TEN- Healed)

Week 1 Injury News:

Whitner done for season

QB Robert Griffin (WAS), Lower Body -- 4 Weeks
WR Micael Floyd (ARI), Thumb-- 3 weeks
LT Levi Brown (ARI)) groin-- 3 weeks
DT Kwame Geathers (SD), undisclosed-- Placed on IR
RT Al Netter (SD), Undisclosed-- Placed on IR
RB Ahmad Bradshaw (IND), Toe-- 4 weeks
LB Erick Walden (IND), Groin-- 3 weeks
LE Cedric Thronton (PHI), Ankle-- 7 Weeks
LG Evan Mathis (PHI), Groin -- 4 weeks
WR DeSean Jackson (PHI) 3 weeks
LT S Sam Baker (ATL), Ankle-- 3 weeks
49ers Donte Whitner, IR
RB David Wilson (NYG)-- 3 weeks
DT Sundrick Marks (JAX) 4 weeks
LE Jarvis Jenkins (WAS) 4 weeks
LG Kory Lichtensteiger (WAS) 4 weeks
RB Matt Forte (CHI)-- Groin, 4 weeks
RB Ronnie Hillman-- 3 Weeks

This coming week, the Browns face the depleted Ravens who are missing key pieces on offense and defense. Could the Browns possibly back in to a 2-0 record?

WRITERS NOTE: I realize I probably wrote way too much this week. Sorry if you guys found it overwhelming. I will try to be more concise and have a shorter post next week.
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

TBFL Colts

Last edited by Desalbert; 09-03-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #56
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Very cool waiver system. Come on, Tebow time please!! This dynasty is great man.

Yankees: #AllRise

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »