Home

Bringing The Heat Back To AZ | Arizona Cardinals CFM (Madden 25)

This is a discussion on Bringing The Heat Back To AZ | Arizona Cardinals CFM (Madden 25) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
Rookie

JTolarchyk10's Arena

OVR: 1
Bringing The Heat Back To AZ | Arizona Cardinals CFM (Madden 25)

Settings:
Owner's Mode
12 Minute Quarters
12 Minimum Clock Play Time
Normal Rosters

The Cardinals have been bought!

When it seemed like the Cardinals would be bought by an owner in London, owner Bill Bidwill as sold the team. The buyer and new owner? Local lifelong fan Jon Howard.

An Interview with the New Owner Jon Howard

Mike Smith, Channel 12 News: "Why did you decide to buy the Cardinals? What are your plans with this team?"

JH: "I bought this team because I couldn't let a team like this leave Glendale. I've loved the team ever since I was a little kid. When I saw the opening to buy them I knew I had to take it. With this team I plan to rebuild. We need a quarterback that we can plan our future on. Hopefully we can find that in this year's or next years draft."

MS: "Speaking of quarterbacks, Who do you plan on starting Week 1?"

JH: "Right now the quarterback job is up for grabs, Carson will have the job going into Week 1 of the preseason because he is the Vet, but Lindley and Stanton will both have their chances to take it from him. Our starter week 1 will be whoever I feel gives us the best chance to win."

MS: "It was good to have this interview with you, can't wait to see what you do for this city. Good luck."

JH: "Thank you."

Pre-Season Week 1 Preview to follow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
Rookie

JTolarchyk10's Arena

Re: Bringing The Heat Back To AZ | Arizona Cardinals CFM (Madden 25)

Pre-Season Week 1 Preview and Game Preview

Media Question:
Peter Schrager: "Having been a fan of this team your entire life, there's some concern that you might be too emotional or too involved to let your football people do their jobs. How do you respond?"

JH: "I would simply say if we're winning, no one is going to be concerned about how I'm running the team."

Game Preview
The Cardinals open the presason at Lambeau Field taking on the Green Bay Packers. This will be the first game Carson Palmer plays for the Cards. He will play the first quarter, followed by Ryan Lindley taking the snaps in the second quarter and Stanton playing the third and fourth. Larry Fitzgerald will sit out Week 1 of the preseason as the team is trying to keep in healthy. He is expected to start Week 2 of the preseason. For the running backs, Mendenhall will lead the way playing the whole first half.

On the defensive end, Tyrann Mathieu will come in after the first quarter at FS. Patrick Peterson will be seen all over the field tonight playing defense and returning kicks. David Carter and Ricky Lumpkin start their preseason position battle for the second DT.

Recap of Week 1 to be posted later tonight.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:46 AM   #3
Rookie

JTolarchyk10's Arena

Week 1 of Preseason

The Cardinals start on the road playing against the Green Bay Packers. Carson Palmer will be playing his first game as a Cardinal. Question is, will he be out performed this preseason by Ryan Lindley or Drew Stanton? The season starts now.

After winning the toss the Cardinals chose to kick the ball to start the game. The Cards defense would stop the Packers on the first drive forcing a 3 and out. Carson Palmer would have to wait to step onto the field, as Patrick Peterson would return the punt for a TD. 7-0 The Packers would answer back with a 50 yd passing TD from Rodgers to Cobb. The game tied at 7-7. Carson Palmer would end his day 1-3 with 9 yds passing. 7-7 End Of First.

The Cardinals come out in the second with Ryan Lindley under the center. Ryan Williams would lead the team downfield, but would fall short when Lindley throws an INT in the End Zone. The packers would drive downfield and score on a 26 yard passing TD. 14-7. Ryan Williams breaks free for a 35 yard TD run 14-14 After forcing a three and out, Lindley would throw another INT trying to go deep. The Packers would drive down field just to kick a field goal right before halftime

At the Half
The Packers lead the Cardinals 17-14

Bruce Arians at halftime told Drew Stanton that he was getting his turn. Drew was ready.

The Cardinals came into the third driving down the field just to be forced to punt. After punting back and forth for what seemed the whole quarter, the Packers hit a 28 yard field to take the lead20-14. This would close out the third. Stanton completed three passes for 24 yards in the third.

Going into the fourth the Cardinals needed to put some points on the board. After two deep missed field goals by Jay Feely, the packers would answer back by hitting a 40 yard field goal. 23-14 Stanton drove the team to the 50 where he hit Ryan Williams with a 15 yard pass only for Williams to fumble. The Cardinals would give up a 41 yard field goal. 26-14 Stanton had one last drive, just to get the touchdown. He would drive down the field throwing 67 yards alone on the drive, just to come up short to throw an INT on the Packer 10. The clock would be ran out and the final stood 26-14

Post Game Press Conference

Reporter: "Allan Smith, Channel 5 News Reporter. How did you feel about the game? What are your thoughts on the Quarterback battle?"

Bruce Arians: "I felt that we had a good running game. Our second string defense gave up too many rushing yards would hurt us. As for the QB battle, I don't feel I gave enough time to Palmer, so therefore he will start and play the first half next week. Lindley threw two INT's and completed less than 25% of his passes. Stanton played well in my opinion. He showed good leadership driving down the field on that last drive, he did throw an INT, but I'm looking more for someone who is confident and looking to lead this team. With that said, I will be moving Stanton into the 2nd string spot and Lindley to the 3rd. This to be confirmed by Jon Howard."

Reporter: "Stacey Williams, 12 News Phoenix. What are your thoughts on the team being sold to Jon Howard? You just said your depth chart movement was to be confirmed by the new owner, Is he taking power away from you, were do you stand as the coach of this team? Do you feel he can lead this team to greatness?"

Bruce: "I've known Jon for a long time and am glad that he bought the team. We talked it out and we have agreed that he will take control of trades, cuts, free agent signings, and depth chart spots. I will be the one that calls the plays. Him being around this organization and knowing the Ins and Outs of this team. I'm giving him all the power."

*Bruce gets up and walks out*

Preseason Week 2 to follow

Old 08-30-2013, 02:06 AM   #4
Rookie

JTolarchyk10's Arena

Preseason Week 2 Preview

Cutting Day:
The Cardinals have decided to cut the ties with HB William Powell, WR Jarett Dillard, TE Mike Leach, MLB Zack Nash, MLB Jasper Brinkley, SS Curtis Taylor

Breaking News

The Cardinals have traded MLB Kevin Minter and a third round pick to the Baltimore Ravens for QB Tyrod Taylor.

A statement from owner Jon Howard was released:

JH: "The team has decided to add QB Tyrod Taylor to the team for multiple reasons. After talking with the managers we all feel Tyrod as a chance to be a big part of this team. I have decided that Taylor will play 2nd string this week against the Cowboys. Palmer will still play the first half, and the 4th quarter will be given to Drew Stanton. Bruce and I have come to an agreement that we will be cutting Ryan Lindley from this team."

Preseason Week 2 Game Preview

This week the team takes on the Dallas Cowboys. Coming off a strong week Ryan Williams will be given the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters while Mendenhall will play the 1st. After rushing for 142 yards and a TD he is now considered for the starting job. Tyrann Mathieu who also had 8 Tackles and 2 tackles for a loss will get the start at FS.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
Rookie

JTolarchyk10's Arena

Breaking News

The Cardinals have decided to drug test Tyrann Mathieu every two weeks. If it shows that he failed once he will be released from the team.

Statement from Owner Jon Howard

JH: "I have decided that we as a team need to start drug testing him. Sure, he may have changed for the better. But he made that mistake at LSU. He can make the mistake again. We don't want our team to be known to put up with drug users. Therefore, if we find out that he has been using drugs, he will be released from The Arizona Cardinals."

A Word From Bruce Arians

Bruce: "I understand why Jon has decided to make this move. I don't want players like that on this team either. Tyrann is one great football player, don't get me wrong. He can be big in this company and league. We just need to do whats best for the team. I hope he stays clean, he has a chance to become the starting FS this season as a rookie."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #6
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Following, this is really good so far! Hopefully Mathieu doesn't fail a drug test lol. He'll be a great piece of your defense for years to come if he stays out of trouble.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #7
Rookie

JTolarchyk10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
Following, this is really good so far! Hopefully Mathieu doesn't fail a drug test lol. He'll be a great piece of your defense for years to come if he stays out of trouble.
I'm hoping he stays out of trouble. I like his play in the Preseason. Gonna play game 3 hopefully sometime tonight, if not I won't have it played until Saturday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 08-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #8
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Cards in London? Damn, I could do with that.

Following.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »