Home

Buccs On The Pond - Tampa Bay Buccaneers Madden 25 CFM

This is a discussion on Buccs On The Pond - Tampa Bay Buccaneers Madden 25 CFM within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #25
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Buccs On The Pond - Tampa Bay Buccaneers Madden 25 CFM

An Exclusive Interview With Rhys Withenshaw

Dear readers,

If you've come this far, maybe you're willing to a little further. Okay, I admit it. That Shawshank Redemption quote has nothing to with this. If you haven't checked out that header, I'm Thorley Bishop. Some of you know may know me as the main beat writer for the St. Petersburg Press when it comes to covering the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I've also been awarded a blog to talk about the Bucs, where perhaps I can be a little less diplomatic than when writing an official story. I'm aiming to churn out at least one of these a week, where I'll have a story or an interview, or some sort of observance about our Buccs. I'll also drop in some random stuff now and then, because why not?

Anyhoo, to celebrate my very first issue I'm very pleased to present an exclusive issue with the new owner of the Buccaneers, Rhys Withenshaw!

Interview after the jump...

Thorley Bishop: The NFL season starts this Sunday. Are you excited?

Rhys Withenshaw: Excited? I haven’t talked about anything that wasn’t football for almost a week!

TB: Haha really?

RW: The wife isn’t too happy.

TB: Well I share your excitement, trust me. If I'm not mistaken, this is your first interview since purchasing the Buccaneers. Where have you been? We’ve been dying to hear from you. Why haven’t you done an interview yet?

RW: I'm not big on having a large profile, I’m a low key kinda guy, I’ve bought the team but the focus needs to be on them. Now more than ever. I was hoping to wait until maybe halfway through the season to do this sort of thing, but my PR guy has been pressing me for weeks. “You gotta do an interview, fans want to know the owner,” all that kind of thing, so here I am.

TB: Coming off a poor season a year ago, and now a less than impressive preseason, where is this team headed this year?

RW: There’s always this win-now mentality and it can be dangerous. We’re going to win, it just might take a little more time for everything to come together. If everything goes to plan then I feel we could really contend for a postseason spot.

TB: If it doesn’t go to plan…?

RW: Well, who knows? We’ve got a good young team who are learning and improving all the time, but perhaps one or two of them are still learning the nuances of what it takes to play in the NFL, and it’ll take time. But I trust the fans will be patient, hopefully they can see the direction that we’re trying to take the franchise in.

TB: The 53 man roster is fully set now, you made the final cuts a few days ago, some real surprises in there. Brian Leonard, Markus White, Tiquan Underwood, just a few of the names that people thought would be big pieces moving forward. What was the thought process behind some of the moves made?

RW: Well, when I sat down with Greg [Schiano] and we looked over the roster, one word kept creeping up over and over, which was balance. We wanted the best possible strength as a team, and some of the guys you mentioned are great guys, unfortunately though they were vying for a role in a crowded spot. There’s no point having, say, eight wide receivers who are all great, but you’ve got no depth at guard.

TB: So are you happy with the roster?

RW: I’m happy, yes. But that doesn’t mean we won’t make anymore moves. I’m gonna be combing the waiver wire diligently, I still think there’s one or two areas where we can improve the balance but I think if we were to play all seventeen weeks with this roster we’d be fine.

TB: More specifically, we’ll turn our attention to Sunday, against the Jets. First of all, quarterback. They’ll have the rookie Geno Smith, can I assume Josh Freeman will start for the Buccs?

RW: Josh is our guy, no doubt. I don’t wanna callh him our “de-facto starter” but he will start. He’s done nothing to lose the job and we haven’t seen the other guys push him as much as perhaps we would have liked, but Josh has proved his ability at this level before and we have complete confidence in him to go out there and help us win ball games.

TB: What’s the health of the team looking like right now?

RW:We’re doing good, we’re healthy, aside from William Gholston who’s got an issue with his groin, we’re all raring to go

TB: Is William Gholston definitely out then?

RW: Yeah, he’ll be out a for a few games most likely. After Sunday we’ll see where he is and how he feels before we start to put a time on anything.

TB: Our twitter is blowing up right now, we’ve got lots of questions coming in, so we’ll just run through a few real quick. This one is from Gerald Martin, and he asks if you plan to keep the Buccaneers in Tampa Bay, or is this the first step to an NFL franchise in England?

RW: I understand the concern there, where a foreign owner comes in, nobody knows him. But I’m committed to the area of Tampa, this is a proud and historic franchise. I’ve heard there’s been rumours about relocation but I don’t see that on the cards, as long as we keep getting the support from the fans.

TB: Unfortunately, we are out of time. Thank you so much for joining me, so I'll wish you the best of luck for Sunday, I know I'll be cheering from the sideline, and hopefully we can do this again.

----

A Major thanks to Rhys Withenshaw for giving up some of his precious time and answering all of our questions. He is a true gentleman and was incredibly patient with my attempts to pronounce his name correctly.

----

Bishops' song of the week:

To celebrate the return of the NFL season, I've gone with "The Boys Are Back" by Dropkick Murphys, because It's been a long time coming, but the boys are back this Sunday!

----

Next Game:

Who: Jets

When: 1PM

Where: MetLife Stadium, NYJ

Coverage: FOX

Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter

Last edited by UK0wnag3; 09-17-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #26
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

Matchup Preview *|* September 8, 2013
@
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
(0-0, Away)
New York Jets
(0-0, Home)
Injury Report
DE William Gholston (Groin)
Out
OLB Calvin Pace (Thumb)
Out

ILB Nick Bellore (Upper Arm)
Out
Game Notes
Darrelle Revis returns to MetLife Stadium as the Jets host the Buccaneers on the opening weekend of the NFL season.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 09-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #27
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 09-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #28
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

ALMIGHTY COME BUCK!

Bucs put up 20 points in the fourth to snatch week 1 victory

Above: Billy Cundiff watches his winning field goal sail through the uprights

When Buccaneers head-coach Greg Schiano was asked to describe his teams' week 1 victory over the New York Jets, he simply said "ugly". But he'll also tell you that all you need to know is at the end of the day, they are 1-0 at sunset.

It took an almighty comeback in the fourth quarter after an impressive debut by rookie quarterback Geno Smith and some staunch defense from the Jets had them leading by 14 entering the final quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Ryan, Jets HC
It's disappointing to blow a lead like that. When it came to crunch time they made adjustments and we didn't. It happens. But there's a helluva lot of promise in this team. Geno [Smith] was awesome today, he didn't light up the scoreboard like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, but he took care of the football and gave us a chance to win.
Geno Smith had led the Jets to two touchdowns, one a six yard pass to Santonio Holmes in the first quarter to notch Smith's first NFL passing touchdown. Mike Goodson, who ran all over the Buccaneers defense added a second quarter score. Those two scores coupled with a field goal from Connor Barth, who was cut by the Bucs earlier in the preseason had the Jets in a promising position.

But after a scoreless third quarter, the Bucs wasted no time in the fourth quarter with Josh Freeman finding Kevin Ogletree in the endzone within the first minute of the period. After Billy Cundiff added another field goal on the subsequent drive, it was clear that the momentum was with the Buccaneers, who were stopping the Jets more frequently than earlier in the game. The comeback came to fruition when Freeman marched the Buccaneers down the field once more, before Doug Martin bundled his way over the line from seven yards out, giving the Buccaneers their first lead of the day at 20-17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Freeman, Buccs QB
We made some really key adjustments midway through the game and ultimately we pulled out a win. In the first half we were looking to score on every play, and you can't do that. You've gotta work for it, we weren't and we found ourselves punting a lot. Once we clicked, you saw what we could do. We've just put up twenty points in one quarter.
Geno Smith must have thought he had at least earned overtime when Barth tied the game up with a forty-four yard field goal just before the two minute warning. But the Buccaneers weren't to be denied as Freeman led Tampa Bay into Jets territory one more time, allowing Billy Cundiff to strike from forty-one yards with just fifty-three second left.

Notes: Darrelle Revis had a quiet return to MetLife Stadium, making just three tackles. Tampa Bay Fullback Erik Lorig left the game in the third quarter with an apparent injury.

Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press

Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter

Last edited by UK0wnag3; 09-19-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #29
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New York Jets
Sep 8, 20131ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0)30020N/A23
New York Jets (0-1)71003N/A20
Team Stats Comparison
TAMNYJ
Total Offense345372
Rushing Yards90133
Passing Yards255239
First Downs2018
Punt Return Yards4911
Kick Return Yards4453
Total Yards438436
Turnovers1 (-1)0 (+1)
3rd Down Converstion25
4th Down Conversion00
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/02/1
Penalties105
Posession Time22:5337:07
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Josh Freeman22/3728310
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Doug Martin20874.31
Josh Freeman122.00
Mike James111.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Vincent Jackson47318.30
David Douglas46015.00
Doug Martin3165.30
Kevin Ogletree34816.01
Mike Williams23819.00
Erik Lorig2199.50
Luke Stocker2147.00
Chris Owusu11515.00
Mike James1000
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Davin Joseph10
Carl Nicks10
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Mason Foster11000
Lavonte David10000
Mark Barron4000
Dashon Goldson4000
Joe Holland3000
Aaron Morgan3100
Anthony Gaitor3000
Steven Means3000
Darrelle Revis3000
Gerald McCoy3100
Adam Hayward2000
Jonathan Banks2000
Akeem Spence2000
Dekoda Watson1100
Eric Wright1000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Billy Cundiff3/32/21149
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Michael Koenen528456.82
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Doug Martin24422.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Doug Martin6498.20
New York Jets
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Geno Smith23/3426210
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Mike Goodson261224.71
Geno Smith284.00
Tommy Bohanon122.00
Bilal Powell111.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Mike Goodson67212.00
Stephen Hill4358.80
Jeremy Kerley33210.70
Santonio Holmes36722.30
Chris Ivory3279.00
Bilal Powell2147.00
Kellen Winslow1157.50
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Vladimir Ducasse40
Stephen Peterman10
Nick Mangold21
D'Brickashaw Ferguson11
Austin Howard31
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Dawan Landry7000
Quintin Mikell6000
David Harris6000
Antonio Cromartie5000
Dee Milliner5200
Kyle Wilson3000
Demario Davis3000
Antwan Barnes3100
Antonio Garay3000
Muhammad Wilkerson3000
Aaron Berry3000
Ellis Lankster2000
Ricky Sapp2000
Jaiquawn Jarrett1000
Quinton Coples1000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Connor Barth2/21/1744
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Robert Malone730243.12
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Clyde Gates25728.50
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Jeremy Kerley11111.00
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 09-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #30
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

This is good so far. Hope you can get through more than 2 seasons. Following.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #31
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4
This is good so far. Hope you can get through more than 2 seasons. Following.
Thanks man, so do I!
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #32
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

NFL: Biggest Storylines From Week 1 Of The NFL

By Stan Dardjock

After all the build-up, talk and conjecture, the dust has finally settled on week 1 of the NFL regular season. We saw debuts, drama, blowouts, shutouts, wins, losses and even a tie! Here are the biggest storylines from week 1.

New Head Coaches

There were plenty of head coaches looking for their first win in charge of new teams on Sunday. Here's how they did:

Bruce Arians (Arizona) - WIN
Doug Marrone (Buffalo) - LOSS
Marc Trestman (Chicago) - LOSS
Rob Chudzinski (Cleveland) - WIN
Gus Bradley (Jacksonville) - LOSS
Andy Reid (Kansas City) - WIN
Chip Kelly (Philadelphia) - LOSS
Mike McCoy (San Diego) - WIN

Bruce Arians picked up his first win as a head coach proper, with his victories with Indianapolis not counting as technically he was only an interim coach. In the battle of the new head coaches, Andy Reid pulled out a victory over Gus Bradley's Jacksonville Jaguars 41-24.

Rookie Debut Watch

There were plenty of exciting rookies to keep an eye out for in week 1. E.J. Manuel and Geno Smith were the only starting quarterbacks new to the league, with Manuel struggling in his first NFL start against the New England Patriots. Manuel posted a QB rating of just 46.9 after completing only 13 of his 34 pass attempts (38%). In that time he was able to throw both a touchdown and an interception.

Smith looked the far better of the two on Sunday, as he posted a QB rating of 100.3, throwing for 262 yards and a touchdown without turning the ball over. It wasn't enough for a victory however, as Smith's Jets fell to the Buccaneers by three. Smith rarely threw towards former Jet Darrelle Revis, who made just three tackles on a quiet return to MetLife stadium for Revis Island.

On the defensive side of the ball, Tyrann Mathieu had a quiet day for the victorious Cardinals, though he did return a punt 29 yards in an early show of his playmaking ability. St. Louis weren't so kind on the rest of the Cardinals defense however, as Tavon Austin hauled in four catches for 55 yards for the beaten Rams.

Meanwhile, the Packers run game still hasn't come to fruition, as Eddie Lacy could manage just 41 yards from 18 carries, As the 49ers literally ran over Green Bay, with two rushing touchdowns of their own.

Separating the Cowboys from the Cowmen

The Dallas Cowboys debuted their new Tampa 2 defensive scheme against the New York Giants on Sunday. How'd it go? Well, uh...

The G-men hung forty points on the Cowboys, with Eli Manning posting a 97.6 QBR and David Wilson rushing for two scores. Antrel Rolle also added a pick-six as Tony Romo went 28/52 and was picked off twice.

At least there's always next week, right Dallas?

Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »