Home

Emergency Landing- A New York Jets M25 CFM

This is a discussion on Emergency Landing- A New York Jets M25 CFM within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Emergency Landing- A New York Jets M25 CFM

What: New York Jets M25 CFM, Owner mode
Platform: XBOX360
Sliders: BlueNinja's sliders, with minor tweaks as I see fit
Difficulty: All Pro
Quarter Length: 15, clock simmed down to 13 seconds

About the dynasty writer: I've always loved story telling, and figured after lurking long enough that I should combine that with starting a franchise mode. Unfortunately, I didn't know of the restrictions on starting new threads taking a while. I am on week 12 currently, with minimal information regarding pre season/ cuts. As I remember it, no major cuts were made (weirdest being Carlos Dunlop being cut in week 5 by the Bengals) and I do not have the full list of players cut by myself. It's going to be a bit sloppy in the beginning, but it will right itself.

As I said above, I like story telling. I'm going to be adding elements into this such as predictions, fake interviews with players, coaches, and owners, stories as if they were written by the paper, etc. So for what I lack in the beginning, I will try to make up for it with stories.

These first 12 games should be posted quickly, seeing as I'm far behind all I need to do is turn on my XBOX and get the information to put into tables. I'll try to space it out though, so it's not a "read in one shot" thing.

I love having you guys be involved to, so what I would like to happen is for you guys to PM me questions that you would want to see answered, and if you want the coach, owner, or a specific player to be asked that question. I want you guys to feel like you are a part of this franchise as well.

Always, I'm open to suggestions on how to make this better. Pictures, videos, name it!

I can tell you, there have been some pretty crazy games already, changing of the sliders, and interesting injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Emergency Landing- A New York Jets M25 CFM

Woody Johnson to sell the Jets
The Jets Journal

In a very shocking move, the rumors of Woody Johnson selling the New York Jets are indeed true. Johnson verified the reports at a news conference, stating that, "I've had a great 13 years as the owner of the Jets. A lot of ups, and a lot of downs. I wouldn't change that for the world. It's time that I spend more time with my family though, see my children more. I can't thank the Jets fans enough for the joy I have had these past few years, and I want them to know that I will always bleed green."

Who bought the Jets still remain a mystery. Some say it is an owner of another sports team. Some speculate James Dolan, who almost bought the team in 2000. Others say it could be Mark Cuban, making his way into the world of the NFL.

The Jets have scheduled a press conference for tomorrow at 2:00PM EST time to announce the new owner.

Last edited by GreatDane12; 09-11-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Meet the New Pilot of the New York Jets
The Jets Journal

The sports world was abuzz when the news of Woody Johnson selling the New York Jets came out. Speculation rang on who the new owner was. Both Mark Cuban and James Dolan were names thrown around on who possibly bought the Jets, but both quickly denied those rumors.

When the new owner came to the podium, the smile on his face ran cheek to cheek. He wasn't anyone famous, he wasn't anyone in the sports world.

He was, a fan.

Enter John Smith, 45, from New York, New York. Smith, a self proclaimed "die hard Jets fan" was able to purchase the team from Woody Johnson. He said he inherited the money from a death in the family, but wouldn't go into more details.

Smith said little while up there. He let it be known he was very excited for this opportunity, and that he knows the hardships of being a Jet fan. He promised all Jet fans that he will work very hard to bring a Superbowl championship to New York, and that he is, "extremely excited to work with the talented, intelligent football minds of GM John Idzik and coach Rex Ryan."

Neither Idzik or Ryan were able to be reached for comment.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
Rookie

EXCLUSIVE: Interview with New Owner John Smith
The Jets Journal

The Jets Journal: Mr. Smith, first off we'd love to thank you for letting The Jets Journal be the first news outlet to have a formal interview with you. You took the sports world abuzz with the news of purchasing the Jets. Why'd you do it?

John Smith: I'd like to say thank you for giving me the chance to be interviewed. I'll get right down to it. Every true fan says one thing over and over in their mind. "Man, if I were owner, no way we'd lose!" I know I sure said those things. Between missed field goals in Pittsburgh, blown opportunities against Peyton Manning, or any other missed opportunities, I was proudly saying those things. I've been a fan all my life; I talk like a fan, I act like a fan. I had the chance to do something I've always dreamed about, so I took the dive.

TJJ: What makes you so confident you can do this? This isn't as simple as running a team on Madden, or a fantasy football team. You'll be in meetings all the time. You'll be cutting men, much larger than yourself let me remind you, who have dreamed and work their entire life to get this chance. You'll be forced to think about ticket prices, roster moves, salary cap situations, scouting for the draft, 24/7. Do you really think you can do this?

JS: Absolutely. I know it's a lot of work. But there is nothing in life I love more than my New York Jets. It sure does feel great being able to say that, and actually mean it. But here's the thing. You must love reporting, right? It's why you wanted to become a sports reporter. I love the Jets. Knowing that everything I can do help bring them closer to a championship? Man, I'm in heaven. I can do without sleep, I can deal with gray hair, I can't deal with the Jets not winning a Superbowl.

TJJ: Are you saying that you believe Woody Johnson was a bad owner?

JS: Absolutely not. Mr. Johnson gave us fans some of the best memories as Jets fans. Between back to back AFC Championship Games, constant playoff berths, exciting draft picks, and memorable moments, he did everything you want to see as a fan. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Mr. Johnson, and can't thank him enough for giving me this chance.

TJJ: Right now, the Jets, your Jets, are the laughing stock of the NFL. Countless news sources are putting you as the worst team in the league. The buttfumble is known around the world, and aired every week on ESPN. How do you plan to fix this?

JS: Well, it's easy. First off, and no offense to you guys, but reporters and fans don't play the game. It was easy for me to say who sucked and who the Jets could beat any week when I was in a bar with friends. But that's why this game is played. How many people thought the Jets would beat the Colts in Superbowl 3? How many thought the Giants would beat the Patriots not once, but twice, in the Superbowl?

I have a fantastic staff here with the Jets. GM John Idzik and I spoke briefly. I picked his brain for a while, and let me tell you, he knows exactly what it takes to build a team. He spent plenty of years over in Seattle, and they have quite a team right now. We both see eye to eye on how to build this team, and will do whatever it takes to win.

Coach Ryan is another person who I have so much respect for. When he took over for the Jets, he had a team that people gave no respect to. What happened? He took them to back to back AFC Championship Games. He knows how to coach a defense up, and he knows what it takes. I love that he is the coach for the Jets.

TJJ: So let me be the first to ask you; you have no plans to replace them?

JS: Of course not.

TJJ: How do you feel about the current roster situation? You have Mark Sanchez who played great early on in his career but has faltered as of late, and the team drafted rookie quarterback Geno Smith before your arrival. Do you have any plans?

JS: I haven't even thought that far ahead, we still have a few weeks before OTAs. But I'll say this right now. As of today, we do not have a starting quarterback. We don't have a starting running back. We don't have a starting linebacker. We don't have a starting wide receiver. We don't have a----do you catch my drift? Every position has an open competition. We want the best here in New York, and if anyone thinks their spot on the starting lineup is locked into place, they better hope the talent behind them isn't that good.

TJJ: It seems like you have a plan in place Mr. Smith. We here at The Jets Journal wish you the best of luck these upcoming weeks, and thank you for your time.

JS: Thank you guys, and this was a blast. Let's do it again sometime.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Who Will it Be: Sanchez or Smith?
The Jets Journal

As the season inches its way towards us, we all have one question on our mind: Sanchez or Smith?

This might be the most interesting quarterback battle of the NFL this year. On one side, we have five year veteran Mark Sanchez. He is the same Mark Sanchez who brought the Jets to back to back AFC Championship Games in 2009 and 2010, and came very close to making the Superbowl in 2010.

But, he is also the same Mark Sanchez who was the reason behind the buttfumble. He is the same Mark Sanchez who has a career 55% completion percentage. He is the same Mark Sanchez who has more interceptions in his career than touchdowns.

Enter, rookie Geno Smith. Highly thought of as the best quarterback in this draft class, he slipped to the second round, where the Jets and new General Manager John Idzik easily drafted him. In his last year in college, he had an absurd 71.2 completion percentage for 4200 yards, while throwing 42 touchdowns to only 6 interceptions.

Why the Jets should start Sanchez:
He's a veteran. He can quickly learn new offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg's West Coast offense. The Jets want to win now, and Sanchez will give them the best chance. He has a great chemistry with Santonio Holmes.

Why the Jets should start Smith:
They need to see what they have. They know what they have in Sanchez; a big name from USC who can't play in the NFL at a starter level. Do they need to spend a high draft pick on a QB next year? If they don't start Smith, they won't know. This is a rebuilding team, no better than 6 wins. See what they have, see what they need, and let's get ready to start the future with John Smith as the owner.

Prediction: Geno Smith will be named the starter of the New York Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Other Positional Battles Worth Watching
The Jets Journal

Running Back: Chris Ivory vs Bilal Powell vs Mike Goodson vs Joe McKnight

This is an interesting one. All three bring something different to the table. Ivory, a highly regarded back in a crowded New Orleans backfield, has a career 5.1 yards per carry. He isn't afraid of contact and will usually make his own.

Goodson has a unique speed to him. He can outrun any linebacker who tries to keep up with him, and juke any safety who thinks they can take him down in the open field.

Powell is most comfortable with this team. Seeing minimal time last year, he brought energy to the field that the Jets did not have.

McKnight is an electric returner, and can catch out of the backfield better than any other running back on this roster. He is a dynamic offensive weapon, if he can stay healthy.

Prediction: Chris Ivory will start, Goodson will back him up and be the third down back, McKnight will be the third string. Powell to be cut.

Tight End: Jeff Cumberland vs Kellen Winslow

Cumberland is an explosive athlete who can make defenders miss. He is quiet, and won't bring attention in the media to a team trying to rebuild. Winslow is a highly regarded talent who has had injury problems in his past. He can bring attention in the media though, which the Jets might not want.

Prediction: Winslow is the starter, but plenty of 2TE sets will be seen.

OLB:
Antwan Barnes vs Ricky Sapp

Ricky Sapp has been a long time PS member for the Jets. Highly regarded out of Clemson, he can not find a place to start. He gets a chance here. Antwan Barnes had 10 sacks two years ago, but might not get a chance here with Quinton Coples being the main pass rushing linebacker on the Jets.

Prediction: Sapp is the starter. Barnes sees time as a backup for Sapp and Coples.

Safety: Antonio Allen vs Josh Bush

This is one that no one knows. Both are similar to eachother, with liabilities in a lot of spots. Whoever shows more during the pre season will win this spot.

Prediction: Josh Bush will start
Old 09-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatDane12
About the dynasty writer: I've always loved story telling, and figured after lurking long enough that I should combine that with starting a franchise mode.

As I said above, I like story telling. I'm going to be adding elements into this such as predictions, fake interviews with players, coaches, and owners, stories as if they were written by the paper, etc. So for what I lack in the beginning, I will try to make up for it with stories.
welcome! if this is your first franchise then i think you'll definitely love it since you yourself said you're a storyteller..

'chises offer a lot of things to a lot of people, some love to make layouts, others are statistical freaks, others try to emulate reality or go straight up fantasy

for me i like telling the story of the team.. straight up diary/documentation if you will.. wins, losses, good times, the bad, the awful.. everything that happens in one's chise is a story all to itself

so i think you'll def enjoy it as for your season being the week 12 or whatever.. it doesn't matter, just pick it up from there, summarize what's been going on so far and what you're trying/plkanning on doing/etc...

it's an active story you're in the midst of good luck, have fun and tell it!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
Rookie

Report: Geno Smith to be named Starter
The Jets Journal

In a highly watched quarterback battle during the pre season, it looks like Geno Smith will be named the starting quarterback of the New York Jets for this upcoming season.

Geno Smith, throwing a ball during practice

Geno Smith started the pivotal third game of the preseason, in which starters will see the most time on the field to prepare for the regular season. When asked about it, Smith stated: "I've been told nothing from the coaches or anyone about who is the starter. I am simply taking any opportunity that I get and try to show the coaches and fans what I can bring to the table."

Coach Rex Ryan said of Smith starting the third game, " We wanted to see what the kid has, how much he knows the playbook, all of that. We let the reigns go a bit, let him dictate the two minute offense, see how he handles pressure. We saw some great things out there, but we also saw things that needed to be worked on."

When asked if Smith will start the season, Rex said that, "when they [the coaches] know, the team will know, and the media will know."

Note from me: Like I said, I don't have much information on pre season, I simmed it all. Next season will be much more detailed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »