Home

Cleveland Browns realistic CCM

This is a discussion on Cleveland Browns realistic CCM within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2
Cleveland Browns realistic CCM

This Is My Cleveland Browns Thread

What's up fellas. It's been a while since I've posted on here but I was posting my franchise for a couple months last year and it seemed like people enjoyed following. I've been on here reading about everyone's CCMs for the past couple weeks and here I am again, so hooked on madden that I'm back on here posting.
I'm surprised to see not as many people playing CCMs with the Jags, so I tried them out and midway through that season I played around with the sliders and found a pretty close to perfect set. (I can post those on here if anyone's even interested). So instead of continuing with the Jags I started all over.

I chose to become a "Lifelong Fan" owner of the Cleveland Browns for a couple of reasons: they suck, but have potential. It should be fun to draft with them and have some competitive QB battles. And my boy who I grew up with, Dion Lewis got traded to them a few months ago from Philly so I can use him as my backup behind Trent Richardson.
I started my first season like a week ago and I'm heading into week 12. If anyone is interested just let me know by liking this or replying just letting me know you'll follow. Even if its just one or two people ill put the time to post between homework and work. I enjoy doing this but it takes time and it can seem pointless when I'm typing it up thinking if anyone will put the time into reading it and following.

But if there is interest, ill be at work where I make a post filling everyone in how my current season. I'm trying to keep it as realistic as possible, and my slider set is near perfect for me.
It's nice to be back guys. It's a good community to be a part of. I apologize for the long post and apologize if it's not in the right place, I'm getting used to this again. But hope to hear from some of you soon. Peace.

Last edited by Connolly22; 09-14-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Cleveland Browns realistic CCM

I'd be interested in seeing what you have going on there. I too have a CCM with the Browns going on. However, I cannot seem to find sliders that work well. Some of the popular posted sliders seem to put the player at such a huge disadvantage......which really, really cripples the Browns. I could see these sliders making it competitive with the 49ers or Packers....but they seem too extreme for the lower teams. I had no fun playing when 90% of my passes were either so far off target or the receivers drop them. I know drops happen....but to have 8-9 out of 12 just get dropped is frustrating.

Especially since with the Browns, the plays where my receivers get open are rare to begin with. When they do get open, my QB misfires or the receiver drops it.

Mind you.....at default all-pro I can usually be competitive but the CPU offense is just too accurate and perfect. They hit almost every pass.

So....sorry to get ofd subject but I am interested and would love to see your sliders too.

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I like using lewis my first yr in my ccm Richardson went down with abdominal tear he was out for like 8 weeks...weeden struggle all yr but it was lewis who keep us in games all yr long finished 3-13.

but like I said I like using him hes shifty speedy lil back.

im having a qb controversy right now like I said weeden stunk it up the first yr and in the pre season this he struggled as well and in the 1st game he got injuried so I had to start my rookie qb Algrenon Keooudom he's completing 59% of his passes compared to 52% by weeden also has a qb rating of 97.2 compared to weedens 55.2. he has has 3 td's 1 int compared to weeden's 1 td 2 int.

right now im 2-0 and gonna be facing an 0-2 bengals.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

I'm at work right now so I can't post my sliders until maybe tomorrow cuz ill prolly watch the fight tonight. But they're pretty solid. I find that my defense breaks down in the 4th quarter and it's tough keep a lea late in games. I haven't had anything really crazy happen and I frequently find myself in a position to win the game. But when it comes to te sliders the penalties are important. I'm not the guy testing the sliders I just start with the most popular set an adjust accordingly
The browns receivers drop mad passes I agree with that but it keeps my stats realistic and it honestly doesn't hurt me too much. Ill see maybe two a game. As for the QB accuracy problem, I'm hoping its just because its our quarterbacks are trash. But I find if you lob the pass more its more accurate which can make passing a little tricky but it's workable.
I'm deffinitely enjoying the Browns though. They're receivers can use some help and Trent Richardson is fun to use since he's not bad but he's not putting up 150 yards every game. My passing defense has some holes in it minute Joe Hayden's league leading 6 INTs through 11 weeks of the season. I'm just pumped to find a new quarterback this offseason and get to work and win some games.
Ill post my season details when I get home and have it all in front of me. I can tell you that I probably won't be seeing the playoffs this year and my Browns team is in the same type of position Kansas City was in last year. So hopefully next season we can blow up.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
Banned

I'm also interested in the sliders (and the CCM itself). I have a CCM with the Browns as well, but I can't find a good balance. It's either way to easy or way too hard. My biggest issue is on defense: the impenetrable wall that is the offensive line. I know the Browns don't have the greatest D-line, but every QB has all day to throw on every down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

There is a thread where you post your CCM, no need for individual threads.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
I'm also interested in the sliders (and the CCM itself). I have a CCM with the Browns as well, but I can't find a good balance. It's either way to easy or way too hard. My biggest issue is on defense: the impenetrable wall that is the offensive line. I know the Browns don't have the greatest D-line, but every QB has all day to throw on every down.
I can't say I have problems getting to the quarterback. I'm not sure how my team ranks in sacks but an uneducated guess would be 10-20th in nfl which is cool with me. I like to blitz but I can't late in games because my secondary breaks down. But Kruger is a beast and da'qwell Jackson is a monster.

There's never going to be a perfect set of sliders for obvious reasons and mine has its issues but it does play fine. All stats don't line up while most do, I'd have to check when I get a chance to see it. But I find myself in games and able to create situations to win but usually unable to do so. But we're the Browns and we shouldn't be able to win those games off the bat. Now, I haven't tested these sliders with a QB like Aaron Rodgers or Peyton manning so idk how they work with other quarterbacks. I just like to blame everything on Brandon Weeden.
That's why I'm excited for my second season after I find a respectable quarterback. If it doesn't play right and I still see too many dumb passes ill fix it.

Fumbles aren't an issue and injuries haven't hurt me except for the last game I played this morning I saw like five injuries late in the game (two of them long term) but for the most part the injuries are fine, dudes will get beat up a little and miss a couple plays but they come back 90% of the time. Injuries haven't hurt me much

Interceptions are good. Hayden racked up 6 INTs in like 5 games and hasn't had one in a few weeks now but he still leads the league in picks. in real life last year Brandon Weeden went for 7tds and 11ints for the year. And right now through week 11 for me he has 6tds and 11ints. Or something close to that. Alot of them was when I was learning the play book and getting used to him and playing on the sliders. I believe I had 6 INTs after 3 games. So I'm getting a little better.

The running game is very legit. I've always been a monster at stopping the run and this year it's different every week. I think marshawn lynch raped me for like 180 and 3 Tds or something but other than that it's competitive both offensively and defensively.

Probably the best thing about the sliders is how the AI calls plays. I think I got it down. The Vikings runs the ball against me and the broncos will pass it. It's simple. Mobile quarterbacks will scramble and non mobile ones won't.

My play count is I think where it needs to be. The aim is 60 plays and I think I'm around like 55. Too many plays leads to too many points so ill sacrifice the 5 plays.

One thing I mentioned before is that it's very hard to keep a lead in the 4th quarter. I haven't blown any 20 point leads or anything but I've blown a couple 10 or 7 point leads. Especially one possession leads with a couple mins left.

Blocking works well. I see sacks and I see holes as well as blitzing from the computer.

I can't figure out how to make field goals more difficult for myself or the the computer. I can't hit anything past 50 yards and te computer hits everything. But it's not a deal breaker for me.

I don't see repeated plays called and I don't think the game cheats to win. However it might be hustling me some games. My team is sitting at 3-7 and I could easily be 5-5. But that's what makes it fun in my eyes. I've only beat the dolphins lions and bills

Again, I've been happy with the gameplay and I guess I'm scared to check the stats but ill do it anyways. My offense is ranked like 22 and my defense is high 20s probably. Alot of numbers go up on me late in games.

Ill post details as soon as I'm home. Thanks for the interest guys.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Banned

Sounds pretty realistic, and fun, which is the biggest factor. How long are your quarters?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »