Home

Coach K's Missouri State Bears Dynasty (NCAA 10 PS2)

This is a discussion on Coach K's Missouri State Bears Dynasty (NCAA 10 PS2) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #33
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Coach K's Missouri State Bears Dynasty (NCAA 10 PS2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves 82
Tough first game. Hopefully you can get a few wins this season.
Yeah!

I want to thank you personally for suggesting Missouri State and being a follower! Also thanks to beekay, icy4me, and jumpman! Gonna play my game vs Ball State today
Old 09-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #34
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

So um I was looking through rosters out of curiousity (since I had simmed 5 years) and there are some absolute FREAKS.

Ohio State has a 90 OVR true freshman WR.. whos 6'5... with 99 speed.

Virginia Tech has a 97 OVR (SR) OLB who is 6'2 240lbs with 98 speed, and the dude has 88 throw power 76 accuracy!

not.. even... joking

All across the nation I am finding recruits that are very unique, a change from NCAA14. Theres a 5'9 250lb MLB who has 87 speed, 82 carrying, and 88 break tackle rating. The 5th best kicker is actually a 65 OVR tight end with 93 kick power 87 accuracy. There's a 317lb DT with 80 throw power and 65 accuracy. There are tons of offensive lineman with really good tackling rating as well as defensive lineman with good blocking ratings. I have found some unique players like this on my team as well, that weren't recruited as Athletes. You have to really look at all of your recruits ratings at the position changes part of the offseason, and expect to be surprised!

Its very motivating for me to see all these cool recruits. I really hope to build up Missouri State and maybe someday I too can bring a legend to the campus. Go Bears!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #35
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Here is the current top 25 rankings:

#1 Georgia Tech
#2 Ohio State
#3 Penn State
#4 USC
#5 Notre Dame
#6 Illinois <--
#7 Georgia
#8 Oklahoma (previous #1, lost to Tennessee)
#9 Texas
#10 Arizona State
#11 Michigan (Lost to Notre Dame, swapped spots)
#12 West Virginia
#13 Texas A&M
#14 Nebraska
#15 Ole Miss (previous #8, lost to unranked Alabama)
#16 Cal
#17 Boise State
#18 Virginia Tech
#19 Oregon (previous #10, lost to unranked Colorado)
#20 North Carolina
#21 Utah
#22 Rutgers
#23 Alabama (now ranked after beating #8 Ole Miss)
#24 Wake Forest
#25 LSU

Current Heisman Race:

#1 Matt McCoy WR (JR) Georgia >
#2 Jason Burton QB (JR) Arizona State >
#3 Daniel Duncan QB (JR) Georgia >
#4 Patrick Daniels WR (SO) Boise State ^
#5 Rick Vogelpohl WR (JR) LSU ^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #36
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Hey guys ill post the full game writeup and highlight video later tonight, here's a little preview from my game vs Ball State!
Spoiler

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 09-29-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #37
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Missouri State Dynasty, Year 1 (2014), Week 3 (0-1)

Bears Win With 2 80 Yard Touchdowns

In a defensive battle in which the 2 teams combined for 15 sacks, and were 2/19 on 3rd downs, the Missouri State Bears pulled out a 14-7 victory thanks to 2 80 yard touchdowns plays.

It was 0-0 going into halftime, or at least that's what everyone expected. As Bears true freshman QB Cole Pearmen dropped back with 5 seconds left in the half at his own 20, most fans were already leaving their seats to claim their spot in the bathroom line. Pearman had all day to throw (a rare occurance) and threw up a prayer to WR/CB Lorenzo Prince, but the ball ended up in the hands of TE/WR Jeff King. The initial defender got tangled up with Prince and King broke the tackle of the other, and outran the defense for an unbelievable 80 yard score on the last play of the half (skip to 5:45 on the video).

Jeff King has proven himself to be a huge receiving threat for the Bears offense as he has over 200 receiving yards, multiple touchdowns, and made several key plays through the first 2 games of the season. Its clear that he is best fit for the wide receiver position (He was recruited as a tight end and started his freshman season).

Taking a 7-0 lead into the half, the Bears defense continued to pressure Ball State QB Joel Briggs in the 2nd half. The defensive line was dominant all game long, as Briggs was sacked 8 times on the day. 3 Sacks were by DT Kellen Peters, and MLB Marcus Johnson had 2 sacks and a forced fumble after a huge hit on Briggs, who finished 11/24 for 163 yards with 1 TD and 3 INTs.

Midway through the 3rd, again at their own 20, Pearman handed off to HB Matt Jones who took the counter play 80 yards to the endzone untouched after some key pancake blocks by his blockers. Jones finished 117 yards and 1 TD.

There was a scare late in the 4th as QB Cole Pearmen was hit as he completed a pass to fullback Kenyon Ramsey and he didn't get up for a while. He injured his leg, but it turned out to be just a cramp and he returned 2 plays later. Pearmen improved greatly after a 5 interception performance vs ECU, he had no turnovers vs Ball State and finished 10/16 for 195 yards and 1 TD. Starting CB Jason Schmidt was not so lucky, as an Abdominal Tear will keep him out for 4 weeks.

With a few minutes to go in the 4th quarter, Briggs completed his only touchdown pass of the game to 5'9 250lb MLB/TE Jamar Simmons who burned an unsuspecting Missouri State defensive back with his surprising speed. Then the Cardinals managed to stop the Bears and get the ball back with a chance to drive and tie the game. A 30 yard catch and run by WR Adam Williams (who killed the Bears all game long on punt returns and also on a 45 yard WR reverse play) got the Cardinals past midfield but CB/WR Lorenzo Prince made the game clinching interception on the next play, his 2nd of the year. Prince also finished with 33 receiving yards.

The home win moves the Bears to a (1-1) record, while Ball State also moves to (1-1) on the season. Next week Missouri State will be home again vs (0-1) Eastern Michigan.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #38
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

★★★★ Joe Mack WR 6'5 178lbs
Currently: 1st
Last Week: 1st
Points Given This Week: 20
Last Week: 23
Latest Info: "It doesn't appear as if we blew him away while he was here last week"

★★★★ Matt Campbell CB 6'0 180lbs
Last Week: 2nd
Points Given This Week: 23
Last Week: 20
Latest Info: "Matt saw the game last week and came away impressed"

★★★★ Reggie Archer CB 6'1 184lbs
Currently: 2nd
Last Week: 3rd
Points Given This Week: 23
Last Week: 20
Latest Info: "He is not worried about Academics"

★★★★ Travis Boley DT 6'5 290lbs
Last Week: 2nd
Points Given This Week: 34
Last Week: 37
Latest Info: "It helps us that he didn't enjoy his unofficial visit to Missouri"
Old 10-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #39
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Hey guys, real sorry to say this but I have to put all my dynasties and stuff on hold for now. I was recently made a moderator on one of my favorite online games so I have to devote some time to that and also today I lost my job and I am sure everyone can understand the stress that comes from that. I may post updates from time to time but taking hours of my day to type up reports, take pictures, and make highlight videos has unfortunately become a thing of the past. I want to thank all of those who have followed my dynasties for the last several months, its been really fun.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Hey guys, real sorry to say this but I have to put all my dynasties and stuff on hold for now. I was recently made a moderator on one of my favorite online games so I have to devote some time to that and also today I lost my job and I am sure everyone can understand the stress that comes from that. I may post updates from time to time but taking hours of my day to type up reports, take pictures, and make highlight videos has unfortunately become a thing of the past. I want to thank all of those who have followed my dynasties for the last several months, its been really fun.
Sad to hear, but I understand. Best of luck with everything, hope it all works out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »