Home

True Blue | A BigJdotcom01 NCAA 14 Production

This is a discussion on True Blue | A BigJdotcom01 NCAA 14 Production within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #25
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: True Blue | A BigJdotcom01 NCAA 14 Production

FINALLY!
The Bulls Win Battle of Hapless, 17-14

Branden Oliver was instrumental in Buffalo's first win of 2013.

Picks: Kirk: Eastern Michigan
Weather: Rain
TV: None
Site: UB Stadium (29,013)

10/5/13
Amherst, NY (AP) – The Buffalo Bulls finally broke into the win column with an ugly 17-14 victory over the hapless Eastern Michigan Hurons (err, Eagles). The Bulls overcame an early 7-0 deficit to register their first win under rookie head coach BigJ.

Branden Oliver had a big day for the Bulls, carrying the ball 29 times and gaining 167 yards and scoring what turned out to be the deciding touchdown, early in the third quarter. Alex Zordich, making his first start in 2013, went 15 for 29 for 170 yards with a touchdown and an interception.

The Eagles (0-5, 0-2) grabbed an early 7-0 lead in the first quarter as Tyler Benz hooked up with Dustin Creel for a 14 yard touchdown.

Cordero Dixon tied the game up for Buffalo in the second, scoring on a 19 yard pass from Alex Zordich. It was Dixon's first touchdown of 2013. A Patrick Clarke 43 yard field goal just before halftime gave Buffalo 10-7 lead at the break.

Brenden Oliver scored on a three yard run on the opening drive of the second half to stretch UB's lead to 17-7.

Javonti Greene scored from 33 yards out with a couple of nifty moves late in the third quarter to pull the Eagles to within striking distance. Greene ran for 111 yards and caught five balls for 52 yards to lead the Eagles.

Eastern Michigan had a few chances in the fourth but the were stopped on downs at the UB 18 and Tyler Benz was picked off by Najja Johnson inside the UB 5 yard line to snuff out another. It was the first turnover forced by Buffalo's defense this season.

"It feels good to get our first win, and especially since it was a conference win. Even if it was against Eastern," said Coach BigJ afterward.

Buffalo (1-4, 1-0) will head west to take on MAC West opponent Western Michigan (2-4, 1-1) next Saturday in Kalamazoo.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #26
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

Ball State gets a big non-conference win at #16 Virginia, 26-21 to improve to (6-0). Massachusetts gets it's first MAC win with a 21-11 upset of Bowling Green on the road.

Week #6: Scores:
Ohio 45, Akron 7
Massachusetts 21, Bowling Green 11
Ball State 26, #16 Virginia 21
Miami(OH) 27, Central Michigan 14
Toledo 30, Western Michigan 10
Northern Illinois 42, Kent State 28

MAC Players of the Week:
DEFENSE: Danny Larkins (FS, Toledo) TAK, 2 INTs
OFFENSE: Dri Archer (HB, Kent State) 14 car 89 yds, 37 rec yds, 4 Total TDs
Old 10-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #27
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

Another Blowout
Bulls Get Trounced in Kalamazoo

Kendrick Rogers celebrates a fourth quarter touchdown.

Picks: Kirk: Western Michigan
Weather: Partly Cloudy
TV: Regional TV
Site: Waldo Stadium (30,200)

10/12/13
Kalamazoo, MI (AP) – The Buffalo Bulls followed up their first win on the season by laying an egg on the road as they were blown out, 38-10 at Western Michigan. Tyler Van Tubbergen threw for 370 yards and ran for 21, accounting for five touchdowns in the win.

Buffalo got on the board first, driving down the field before settling for a 36 yard field goal from Patrick Clarke, on their opening drive. After forcing a three and out, the Bulls drove down to the Western 11 yard line, but sophomore Joe Licata was picked off by Donald Celiscar and things just went down hill from there for the Bulls.

Backup halfback Brian Fields caught an 8 yard pass from Tyler Van Tubbergen to put the Broncos in front 7-3. It would remain that way until the final play of the half when Van Tubbergen hit Kendrick Roberts in the back corner of the end zone for a 23 yard touchdown pass and a 14-3 halftime lead.

Joe Licata would answer on Buffalo's opening second half drive as he hooked up with Alex Neutz on a 37 yard touchdown to cut the lead to 14-10.

Tyler Van Tubbergen would score on a 14 yard option keeper on the ensuing drive to put the Broncos up 21-10. Johnnie Simon then picked off Joe Licata on Buffalo's next offensive play at the Buffalo 37. Five plays later, Van Tubbergen hit Clarke Mussman from two yards out to make it 28-10.

Kendrick Roberts would seal it in the fourth as he got free in the secondary and caught his second touchdown pass, a 43 yarder from Van Tubbergen.

Joe Licata got the hook in the fourth, after throwing three interceptions and completing 13 of 24 for just 104 yards. He also fumbled at the goal line just as he was about to score.

Buffalo (1-5, 1-1) will return home to face Massachusetts (1-5, 1-1).

Old 10-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #28
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

Bowling Green was blown out on the road at BCS Mississippi State 34-0. Kent State handed Ball State their first loss of the season in Muncie.

Week #7: Scores:
Mississippi State 34, Bowling Green 0
Army 17, Eastern Michigan 7
Kent State 23, Ball State 13
Central Michigan 38, Ohio 19
Miami(OH) 31, Massachusetts 17
Northern Illinois 38, Akron 17

MAC Players of the Week:
DEFENSE: Dayonne Nunley (CB, Miami) 3 TAK, 5 ATK, 3 INT
OFFENSE: Jordan Lynch (QB, NIU) 22-33 286 yds, 16 car, 112 yds, 4 Total TDs
Old 10-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #29
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

bigj! don't know if you remember me but I used to follow your dynasties back on MM. Tough start to the season, but like BDawg said, these losses will make those wins you get down the road even more enjoyable! That EMU game must have been fun. I wish you the best of luck with Buffalo, should be a tough first season, but these MAC games should help a bit.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #30
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
bigj! don't know if you remember me but I used to follow your dynasties back on MM. Tough start to the season, but like BDawg said, these losses will make those wins you get down the road even more enjoyable! That EMU game must have been fun. I wish you the best of luck with Buffalo, should be a tough first season, but these MAC games should help a bit.
Back in the day.....nice! Thanks for checking in and I hope that you enjoy! I am hoping that I can turn it around in MAC play, but a bowl birth is going to be tough starting out (1-5).
Old 10-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #31
Rookie

Buckeye2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Pretty interesting thing you got going on, I used to have a western kentucky dynasty that I slowly built up, it was so much more rewarding then I thought when I was losing 7 games a season during the early years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #32
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye2011
Pretty interesting thing you got going on, I used to have a western kentucky dynasty that I slowly built up, it was so much more rewarding then I thought when I was losing 7 games a season during the early years
Thanks! Starting with a crappy team always helps me to keep interest because winning means something. I bring in the players to turn the program around and it helps me to strive to get better. Thanks for checking in!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »