Home

"I Bleed Blue" (A Boise State NCAA14 Dynasty)

This is a discussion on "I Bleed Blue" (A Boise State NCAA14 Dynasty) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: "I Bleed Blue" (A Boise State NCAA14 Dynasty)

WEEK 5 AND 6 RECAPS FROM AROUND THE NATION

The biggest news in Week 5 was #1 Ohio State defeating Wisconsin to stay perfect. and keep the #1 Ranking.

In the Pac-12 #2 Stanford beat WSU 44-21, well[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"] USC [/color]beat [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Arizona State[/color] 38-17 to stay perfect. Oregon scored a late touchdown to beat Cal 28-21 and Washington beat Arizona 37-13

In Week 6

We see some major upsets as #2 Stanford falls to unranked Washington 33-6. With the Huskies move back into the Top-25 at #19 well the Stanford drops to #11

#3 Clemson falls to unranked Syracuse 28-17. With the win the Orangemen like the Huskies make the jump into the Top-25 at #22. With the loss the Tigers fall to #13

Former #13 Virginia Tech drops to 5-1 on the year as they lose 31-24 to UNC. With the loss the Hokies are now #17.

#14 Miami FL also falls 22-10 to Georgia Tech. With the loss the Hurricanes drop to #20

With all the loss's several teams along with Washington and Syracuse make the jump into the Top-25, well others make a huge move to get into the Top-10.

Boise State is back in the Top-25 at #23 as they win their 3rd game to go to 3-1.

Texas also gets back in winning their 3rd straight with a 28-18 win over Iowa State. they are now #21.

With the loss's by Stanford and Clemson, #11 UCLA is the big winner as they jump from #11 to #5 as they go to 4-0 with a 41-7 win over Utah.

KEY GAMES IN WEEK 7

#6 TAMU vs #25 Ole Miss
#7 Oregon vs #19 Washington
#8 Louisville vs #22 Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 7

GAME PREVIEW

With the WAC Conference folding at the end of 2012. The MWC took on several more former members. Having already added Boise State, Nevada, Fresno State, and Hawaii, the MWC added Utah State, San Jose State, Idaho and New Mexico State in 2013, bringing several rivalries back together.

Well BSU vs Utah State has never really been a official rivalry, there is still some bragging rights and bets among the fans when these 2 teams get together.

Utah State enters the game 2-3 on the season but are 2-1 in MWC play. As the Aggies beat Nevada in Week 3 (24-9) and San Jose State (38-28) in Week 5.. They are coming off a Week 6 loss to BYU (34-17).

Boise State comes into Week 7 on a roll having won 3 straight and are back in the Top-25 at #22. With Nevada coming up in Week 8, the Broncos will need to take care of business here, scoring early and often.

GAME RECAP

Buster the Bronco does push ups every time the Broncos score. Tonight he had to do plenty of them including 21 in the 1st Quarter alone.

At the beginning of the year, Coach Dezaron talked about how TE Gabe Linehan when healthy would be a huge part of his offense as BSU TE's normally are. Tonight he proved it as he caught 3 of his team high 4 TD's in the 1st Quarter alone. Joe Southwick was dead on tonight hitting Linehan for scoring strikes of 8,2, and 56 yards as the Broncos took a (21-3) lead.

Southwick and Linehan would pick up right where they left off in the 2nd Quarter connecting on a 22 yd score. (28-3). Utah State would answer with a FG (28-6), but Boise State would add 10 more before half as Jay Ajayi scores from 5 yards out and Dan Goodale kicks a 20 yd FG with 20 seconds to play. (38-6).

In the 3rd Quarter, Southwick took things in his own hands, well legs, as he scores on a 4 yd run to make it (45-6).

Then in the 4th it was the 2nd string getting in the action as Grant Hedrick throws a 67 yard TD to Holden Huff to make it (52-6). The Aggies would finally find the endzone as J. Hill scores from 9 yards out, but this game was over..

FINAL SCORE BSU-52 UTAH STATE-13

Coach Dezaron-
Quote:
The USU Linebackers were having a tough time with our Tight Ends tonight, so I kept going back there. Should we have shown mercy? I don't think so. The voters only care about 2 thing. What they remember last and what they remember most. We have alot of memory erasing to do from Week 1, and putting up 50+ and hopefully ending the season with the nations best PPG should help. Will this same thing work next week against Nevada? I don't know but I am really happy with what I saw tonight. Joe was on fire hitting 24/28 passes on 0 INT's

KEY PLAYERS

QB J. Southwick 24/28 399 yds 4 TD, 1 rushing TD
RB J. Ajayi-16 carries 87 yards (5.4 Avg) 1 TD
RB J. Fields-13 carries 60 yards (4.6 Avg)
TE G. Linehan-9 rec 180 yards 4 TD
WR M. Miller-8 rec 129 yards
WR K. Moore-5 rec 66 yards
TE H. Huff-2 rec 77 yards 1 TD

Defense-8 TFL 2 Sacks 2 INT 2 Forced Fumbles
Old 10-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

With no days off until Sunday and a pretty busy week, I am going to try and get in at least 1 game every day if it works out. I don't work until 10 am Wed, Thursday, and Friday so I will probably recap Week 7's Top-25 stuff and maybe do a Team report tomorrow AM, then try and get in the Nevada game tomorrow night so I have something to post Thursday AM, then get in a game Thursday Night to post Friday. I really want to try and get through Season 1 before next Friday because I am leaving for Portland and the Oregon Coast for 5 days. So that way when I get back I can start backup on some Madden stuff as well.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

AROUND THE NATION RECAP OF WEEK 7

TOP-25

Another mighty has fallen. Being ranked in the Top-5 has not been easy on teams this year, as #3 Michigan falls this well in Ovetime 41-38 to Illinois. With the loss the Wolverines are now #12.

#7 Oregon dropped yet another game and at 4-2 their National Title hopes are over, as the #19 Washington Huskies pull out the 27-14 win. With the loss the Ducks drop to #11, well the Huskies are all the way up to #14.

#9 Florida also picks up loss #2 as they fall 34-24 to LSU who entered the game (3-3) and unranked. With the loss the Gators fall to #17, well the Tigers move into the Top-25 at #23

#13 Clemson falls for the 2nd time in a row, dropping from #3 to #13, and now all the way to #24, as they lose to unranked Boston College 23-19

UCLA OR USC

With Stanford and Oregon losing early, it looks like the Pac-12 Title could come down to either USC or UCLA. The Bruins are off to a 5-0 start and are currently ranked #3 in the nation. The Trojans also improved to 5-0 and moved this week from #10 to #5. Giving the Pac-12 3 teams in the Top 10 (Stanford is #8 after going to 5-1)

HEISMAN RACE

Johnny Football is leading the race for another Heisman as goes 18/25 for 230 yards and 3 TD's in the air and adds 120 yards on 17 carries in the #6 Aggies win over #25 Ole Miss.

TCU's T. Boykin has moved into 2nd place as he has the Horned Frogs back in the Top-25 at #25 with a 35-28 win over Kansas. Boykin scored 4 TD's in the game, and has 17 overall (10 passing 7 rushing).

The Darkhorse at #3 is Senior RB J. Douglas of Tulsa. Douglas currently has 935 yards with 14 TD's rushing, another 100 yards and 1 TD receiving and another 500 yards (25.9 Avg) on Kick returns with a 89 yard TD return.

South Carolina's QB. Conner Shaw and Oregon's QB M. Mariota are currently #4 and #5 in the voting
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #45

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

Ahh I remember your old dynasties. Good stuff, following!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmvp
Ahh I remember your old dynasties. Good stuff, following!
Thank you. I missed it a bunch. Back in the day College Hoops lived in my 360, and posting my dynasty was one of my favorite hobbies. Then we moved, life go busy and I stopped. I came back with NCAA12, and really enjoyed it as well, but then never bought 2013. So now with NCAA14 and Madden I am back, as well as picking up MLB "The Show" for PS3 that my wife bought me for my B-Day, I am having fun back to playing sports games yet again..

I really like your layout with the Vols. Looks great, but Photoshop and programs like it, are just not my skill set. So I roll with what I know
Old 10-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 8 VS

BRONCOS WIN 4TH STRAIGHT!!!

GAME RECAP

Last week the Broncos rode the arm of QB Joe Southwick to victory as the Senior threw for 399 yards and 4 scores. Today they took a different approach, getting the lead early and using the ground game to control the clock.

Sophomore RB Jay Ajayi put BSU on the scoreboard in the 1st Quarter with a 2 yard run to make it (7-0). Then in the 2nd Quarter after a Nevada FG (7-3). Southwick and Linehan would hook up on a 1 yard score on play action to make it (14-3) and with 2 minutes left to play in the half, Dan Goodale would add a 33 yd FG to make it (17-3).

Southwick would add 2 more TD's in the 2nd half (14 yd to A. Burks and 9 yd to G. Boldewjin) but it was the Bronco running game that kept Nevada out of the endzone until the 4th Quarter when Fajardo would hit Arendse on a 30 yd bomb to make it (31-10), but this game was over.... The Broncos finished the day with over 200 yards on the ground, doubled the Nevada in 1st Downs (28 to 14) won the turnover battle (2-0) and held the ball for a extra 10 minutes.

FINAL SCORE BSU-31 NEVADA-10

COACH DEZARON-
Quote:
Another game with zero INT's from Joe, a great day on the ground by Ajayi and Fields and a amazing day by the Defense led to a "W" in this one.. I am really proud of the whole team

KEY BSU PLAYERS

QB-J. Southwick 23/31 232 yards 3 TD
RB- J. Ajayi 21 carries 120 yards (5.7 Avg) 1 TD
RB- J. Fields 15 carries 74 yards (4.9 Avg)
WR-M. Miller 8 rec 91 yards
TE- G. Linehan 5 rec 58 yards 1 TD
WR A. Burkes 2 rec 20 yards 1 TD
WR G. Boldwjin 2 rec 17 yards 1 TD

UP NEXT BSU TAKES ON BYU IN WEEK 9
Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

TEAM REPORT

BRONCOS SIGN 4 PLAYERS FOR 2014!

Well 5* RB Jamal Salyer the #3 RB in the nation didn't make his commitment to Boise State after visiting Saturday in the win over Nevada, 4 other players did... Salyer did however say that the Broncos have taken the lead and are now is #1 choice, but that the Broncos are still in a heated battle with San Diego State.

However he is a look at the 4 players who did sign.

DT Johnny Anderson-Vancouver WA (Rated 3* and #29 DT)
"Anderson is 6'7 and 289 lbs and can definetly plug up the middle. Welll he might be a starter in 2014, he could see the field as both starting DT's are Seniors"

SS 6'2 195 lbs Mike Rhoden-Ladson South Carolina (Rated 3* and #14 SS)
"Rhoden loves to hit the opposing team. With a young secondary he could redshirt next season with the expectations more PT in 2015. Rhoden was being heavily recruited by Louisville and Oklahoma State, so this was a big signing."

Guard Marcus Hancock-Brandon FL (Rated 4* #15 G)
"Hancock is 6'4 and 297. Known more as a pass blocker, he could move to Tackle as well, but with 5 of the 6 top O-Lineman graduating, he has a great chance to start in 2014"

Punter Kenny Jacobs-Green Valley AZ (Rated 2* #22 P)
"Jacobs will most likey take over for Harmon next year. He was popular in the MWC and was being recruited by both New Mexico schools as well as Nevada and Washington State.

Coach Pete-
Quote:
We are excited about the 4 young men who chose to call Boise their home for the next 4 years. They are a great addition to the players we have coming back and will just make us that much better in 2014
BRONCOS LOSE 3 PLAYERS TO INJURIES

Well the victories have been piling up so have the injuries. RT Jake Broyles will miss the BYU game and maybe Week 10 as well with a sprained elbow.

Starting DT Ricky Tjong-A-Tjoe will miss the rest of the season with a Torn rotator cuff. Tjong had 11 Tackles, 6 TFL this season before going down.

WR/Returner Shane Williams-Rhodes will miss the next 8 weeks with a torn pectoral. Just 5'6 and 160 lbs, fans and coaches cringe every time he takes a hit. So far in 5 games, Rhodes the #5 WR has 4 receptions for 52 yards, but led the team in kickoff returns (15 for 379 yards 25.3 Avg with a 63 yard long) as well a punt returns (17 for 133 yards 7.8 Avg).

In his absence, WR/Returner Dallas Burroughs will be asked to step up and play more.

SOUTHWICK AMONG NATIONS LEADERS

RS Senior Joe Southwick had the worst game of his career in Week 1 against Washington, but has rebounded nicely leading the Broncos to 4 straight wins. In the process he has accumulated 1907 yards passing which puts him #3 in the nation behind TAMU's J. Manziel (2012 yards) and Ohio's T. Tettleton (1928 yards). He also now has 17 TD's to go with his 7 INT's. He is Avg 317.8 yards per game and is completing 65% of his passes.

BRONCOS #3 IN SCORING

Even with just 31 points in Week 8, BSU has moved into the #3 spot in the nation scoring a Average of 37.8 PPG. Ohio State is #1 at 41.5 PPG awell Texas A&M is #2 at 38.0 PPG. Both teams are in the Top-5 in all polls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »