Home

"I Bleed Blue" (A Boise State NCAA14 Dynasty)

This is a discussion on "I Bleed Blue" (A Boise State NCAA14 Dynasty) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: "I Bleed Blue" (A Boise State NCAA14 Dynasty)

WEEK 8 AROUND THE NATION

WE HAVE A NEW #1

&

With Week 8 we take our first look at BCS Rankings. For the past 7 weeks Ohio State has held firm to the #1 Ranking in both the Media and Coaches Poll. Well the Buckeyes are still undefeated at 6-0, their 33-10 win over Iowa didn't wow the voters, like the #3 UCLA's (6-0) 24-23 win over #8 Stanford. The Bruins jumped to #1 in the Media Poll and have secured the #1 BCS Ranking, well the Buckeyes are #3 in the BCS with a #2 Ranking in the Media and #3 in the Coaches Poll's

With a 27-14 win over #10 Tennessee, #2 South Carolina jumped to #1 in the the Coaches Poll, but fell to #3 in the Media well staying #2 in the Coaches Poll.

Texas A&M might have 1 loss in the season, but they have secured the #4 BCS Ranking as they defeat #17 Auburn 33-27 in OT. However with only a ranked Mississippi State team left in their schedule they could find it hard to move up until the Championship week, where the Top-3 have a chance to lose.

Boise State after a Week 1 loss to #7 (BCS) Washington, is 5-0 and making their move. The Broncos are now ranked #19 in the BCS and #18 in both the Coaches and Media Poll.

USC FALLS TO NOTRE DAME IN OT

The Trojans undefeated season is over as they fall 34-31 in OT to the Irish. With the loss USC falls from #7 to #10 in the Media Poll, from #5 to #8 in the Coaches Poll and comes in at #8 in the BCS.

TIDE FALL AGAIN!!

#4 Alabama has now lost for the 2nd time this season as they lose 31-26 to unranked Arkansas. Things won't get any easier for the Tide as they play #12 Tennessee next week, followed by LSU (4-4) and still have #23 Miss State and #16 Auburn on the schedule.

HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN

Clemson started the year strong with a 28-14 win over Georgia, then demolished NC State 44-17 in Week 4, but now with 3 straight loss's (Syracuse, BC, and a 37-35 loss to #6 FSU) the Tigers are out of the Top-25, leaving this once hopefully championship team playing for nothing. (they are 1-3 in the ACC)

Last edited by Deuce2223; 10-03-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Following. Nice start to the season.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 9 RECAP

GAME PREVIEW

Well Idaho might hold the title of instate rival. BYU probably holds the title of Boise State's biggest rival in the city of Boise. Families are pitted against Families in this one, as many support the school tied to their religion well others support the one who plays in their hometown. Even before the Broncos moved to the MWC these 2 teams had been working on a schedule that would see these 2 teams face of against each other in home/away series every year.

GAME RECAP

It was a wild and crazy one at Bronco stadium for this one. With a sellout crowd and people cramming into the standing room only areas.

The Broncos came out scoring early and often. BSU would take a (14-0) lead in the 1st Quarter as Southwick hits M. Miller for a team high 4 TD's to get on the board first, then Ajayi adds another with a 1 yd TD run.

BSU would make it (21-0) with Miller's 2nd TD of the day (3 yd pass), but the Cougars would answer back as K. Friel hits T. Hill for back to back scores to make it (21-14) at the half.

The Broncos would keep BYU out of the endzone in the 3rd Quarter, well Southwick would find A. Burks for a 15 yd score to make it (28-14).

In the 4th, it was Southwick to Miller again twice (37 yds and 9 yds) give Miller his 3rd and 4th TD's tying him with TE G. Linehan from Week 7. It was Southwick's 5th of the day and ended his day as backup Grant Hedrick came into replace him.

BYU would finally get in the endzone on a 53 yd bomb from Hill to Hoffman but it was to little to late.

FINAL SCORE BSU-42 BYU-21

COACH DEZARON
Quote:
Wow. I have been to several BSU vs BYU games, but this tops them all. What a amazing feeling to be a part of this heated rivalry. I can just see this one getting better and better over the next several years. I felt like we played very well. Maybe not our best, as we still made a few mistakes (the bomb at the end of the game). I thought Joe did a great job of overcoming his 2 INT's, finishing with a season high 5 TD's in the air and 384 yards. Matt Miller is a special talent. I really don't want to see him leave early, but all reports are he is a 2nd round talent in the draft, so I am not sure what we can do to keep him here.

KEY PLAYERS

QB J. Southwick 21/31 384 yards 5 TD 2 INT
RB J. Ayaji 22 carries 127 yards (5.7 Avg) 1 TD
RB J. Fields 7 carries 31 yards (4.4 Avg)
WR M. Miller 8 rec 127 yards 4 TD
WR K. Moore 6 rec 103 yards
WR A. Burks 2 rec 57 yards 1 TD
TE G. Linhan 2 rec 60 yards

SS D. Thompson 2 INT's

QB T. Hill 16/34 216 yards 3 TD 2 INT, 9 carries 55 yards
RB J. Williams 17 carries 69 yards
WR C. Hoffman 9 rec 167 yards 1 TD
TE K. Friel 2 rec 7 yards 2 TD

Last edited by Deuce2223; 10-03-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 10 VS

TEAM EFFORT HELPS BRONCOS TO 7TH VICTORY!!

GAME RECAP

It wasn't pretty but the Bronco Defense stepped up when it counted most keeping the Rams out of he endzone until the final 12 seconds of the game.

Colorado State used their ground game limiting the amount of time the BSU Offense saw the field and touched the ball, rushing 45 times for 261 yards, well the BSU Defense held the Rams to just 84 yards through the air on 12 of 27 passes.

CSU got on the scoreboard first with a 37 yd FG (3-0) but BSU answered as Southwick hits K. Moore on a 13 yd pass (7-3). Then in the 2nd Quarter BSU added another score as Southwick found A. Burks on a 8 yd slant to make it (14-3) at the half.

CSU would settle for a FG in the 3rd to make it (14-6) keeping it the close. The Broncos however would score on a 31 yd FG by Goodale to make it (17-6) and then latter in the 4th Southwick woud find G. Linehan for a 24 yd strike down the middle to make it (24-6).

Finally with just 12 seconds left in the game, RB C. Nwoke would break lose and score from 47 yards out. The Rams would go for 2 pts and fail though. Then after a failed onside kick the Broncos would down the ball to end the game.

FINAL SCORE BSU-24 CSU-12

Coach Dezaron
Quote:
Well we didn't play our best, it still came out okay. A win is a win. At this point beating teams by 50 isn't going to get us back into National Title talks, so we just need to handle our business and win the MWC Conference and be happy that we at least get a Fiesta Bowl berth and a chance to play the Big 12 winner unless they are in the National Title game.

KEY PLAYERS

QB J. Southwick 18/31 221 yards 3 TD
RB J. Ayaji 15 carries 65 yards (4.3 Avg)
RB J. Fields 10 carries 32 yards (3.2 Avg)
WR K. Moore 5 rec 56 yards 1 TD
WR M. Miller 5 rec 42 yards
WR A. Burks 4 rec 84 yards 1 TD
TE G. Linehan 2 rec 30 yards 1 TD

LB C. Bell 11 Tackles 4 solo 3 TFL 1 sack

QB G Grayson 12/27 84 yards
RB C. Nwoke 27 carries 196 yards (7.2 Avg) 1 TD

UP NEXT BSU TEAM REPORT INCLUDING RECRUITING UPDATES/NCAA AWARD SEMIFINALISTS/AND A UPDATE ON THE TOP-25 FROM WEEK 9 AND 10
Old 10-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 9 AND 10 RECAP AROUND THE NATION

TOP-25 HIGHLIGHTS

Jim Mora and Freshman QB Brett Hundley have the Bruins playing the best football in team history. After a huge Week 8 win over Stanford, the Bruins followed it up with a 31-17 win over the #11 Ranked Oregon Ducks and then survived a scare by betting Colorado 35-28 to remain #1 in all 3 polls. UCLA however has a very tough road still to travel as they still will face #8 Washington in Week 12 and #6 USC in Week 15.

South Carolina has a 6-12 Bowl record and hasn't won a Conference Championship since 1969. However they are currently 9-0 Overall and 6-0 on National TV with wins over Missouri (35-24) and Miss State (35-20) in the past 2 weeks. However if they are going to be SEC Champs and play for a National Title, they still have to get past #10 Florida and #20 Clemson in Week 11 and 15.

"The" Ohio State Buckeyes are off to a 8-0 start but have played just 1 game against a team ranked in the Top-25 (33-10 win over #23 Iowa). They get #17 Michigan State next week but then have Illinois and Indiana before finishing the season against #1 rival Michigan currently (5-3 and ranked #22).
Even with their weak schedule the Buckeyes still find themselves ranked #2 in the BCS and Media Poll and #3 in the Coaches, leaving them the easiest chance at a National Title game spot. QB Braxton Miller who has been out all season is schedule to return next week, but with K Guiton playing so well (1533 yards passing 22 TD 5 INT),many wonder OSU should make the switch.

After a disappointing 30-27 loss in OT to Alabama in Week 3, the Aggies have rebounded to win 6 straight including a 33-27 OT win over Auburn in Week 9 and a 34-17 win over Vandy in Week 10. Like OSU, TAMU has a pretty soft schedule the rest of the way out (4-4 Miss State, 5-4 LSU, and 5-4 Missouri) leaving them in great shape to still make the Title game should UCLA or South Carolina both lose.

After pulling out the 37-35 victory over Clemson in Week 8, FSU went on to beat NC State (34-14) and #25 Miami FL (38-28) in Week 9 and 10. The Seminoles face a tough challenge next week though as they take on #12 Louisville and then still have to face Syracuse and Georgia Tech at home before taking on #10 Florida on the road to end the season.

Lane Kiffin was told if he didn't win this year he was done. Well the Trojans National Title dreams might be over after a 34-31 loss to Notre Dame in OT in Week 8, USC did manage to beat Utah (20-14) in Week 9 and then overcame Oregon State (30-27 in OT) in Week 10. They get Cal next week on the road, then host #7 Stanford, then Colorado on the road, before ending the year against current #1 UCLA at home. If they can win out, those dreams could come back alive.

OTHER NOTEABLE RESULTS

Just in Week 10 we saw former #5 Louisville fall to Clemson (34-14) dropping to #12. The Tigers rejoined the Top-25 at #20 with the win.

#10 Virginia Tech fell to Boston College (14-13). With the loss V.T. is now 6-2 and falls to #15. BC joins the Top-25 with a 6-2 record at #19.

#15 Michigan fell to instate rival Michigan State 31-24. With the loss the Wolverines fall to #22, well the Spartans jump from #22 to #17.

HEISMAN RACE

With Ohio State's Braxton Miller on the sidelines, RS SR Kenny Guiton has worked his way into the Heisman talk at #4 and climbing.

Guiton isn't the only RS Senior making a name for himself though. Jordan Lynch from Northern Illinois has thrown for 1707 yards with 16 TD's and just 1 INT this season, well also rushing for 717 yards and 8 TD's making himself one of the best dual threat QB's in the nation. He currently has the Huskies at 7-2 in the American Conference with a big game coming up in Week 14 against 7-1 Cincinnati. A win their and a American Conference Championship, could have Lynch's name in the final discussion.

RB J. Douglas (Tulsa) has taken over the #1 spot with 1174 yards and 16 TD's on the ground almost another 1000 yards in return yards and 4 more scores via (1 return) and (3 receptions)

Johnny Manziel (TAMU) and Conner Shaw (SCAR) are currently #2 and #3.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

BOISE STATE TEAM REPORT

BRONCOS MOVE UP TO #15 IN LATEST BCS RANKING

With a 7-1 record realing of 7 straight wins since the Week 1 loss to the Huskies, BSU has gradually moved their way back in the Top-25 after starting the year #19. This past week with a 24-12 win over Colorado State, the Broncos moved up from #17 to #15. BSU is also #15 in the Media Poll as well but is #14 in the latest Coaches Poll. With 4 games left plus the MWC Championship, the Broncos only thought is to win out and secure a spot in the Fiesta Bowl.

SOUTHWICK/MILLER/LINEHAN ARE POST-SEASON AWARD FINALISTS

RS SR QB Joe Southwick struggled in his first season replacing the great Kellen Moore, and after a horrid Week 1 against Washington, Southwick has quietly built up a solid award resume. Through 8 games Southwick leads the nation in passing yards (2512) throwing 25 TD's with 9 INT. He is currently #8 in the Maxwell Voting but is #3 in the Davey O'Brien vote.

2 of Southwick's favorite targets this season have been JR WR Matt Miller and SR TE Gabe Linehan. Both players have tied the school record with 4 receiving TD's in a game, and both are on pace for standout years. Miller is currently 5th in the Biletnikoff voting with 56 receptions 739 yards and 8 scores to his resume, well Linehan is actually leading the voting for the Mackey award. He has 35 receptions for 563 yards and 9 scores.

BOISE STATE ADDS 6 MORE!!!

Earlier in the season we announced the signing of 4 players (DT J. Anderson, P. K. Jacobs, SS M. Rhoden and G M. Hancock). Today we take a look at 6 more future Broncos.

ATH Adrian Mitchell-Colstrip Montana
"Mitchell is 6'4 and 195 lbs currently play WR and DB for his high school. Rated a 5* and the #12 ATH, Adrian comes in with a 75 SPARQ score. Besides being tall, Mitchell has blazing speed (91, 94 ACC) runs great routes (84) and is solid catching the ball (80). Mitchell looks the perfect replacement for another former Montana recruit (M. Miller). Expect Mitchell to line up on the Offense at WR next year either as the #1 or #2 WR."

ATH Daniel Wade-Jerome Idaho
"Rated a 3* and #58 ATH, projecting Wade's position on the team next year is much harder. Wade currently plays RB/Linebacker for his high school team and at 6'1 240lbs, he could project well at FB. However the Defense is drooling over his 81 Tackling skills and 81 Hit power. My guess is he ends up at LB, but we will see"

Tackle S. Doty-Issaquah WA and C K. Lane Halawa HI and Loren Morris-Sidney Ohio
"Doty a 3* rated as the #66 Tackle has the size every coach loves (6'5 315 lbs, but if he is going to stay at Tackle,he will need to work on his Pass Blocking skills (71). Lane is a 4* rated as the #2 Center, however BSU's scouting department came away less then impressed (He is a bust dropping 10 points). Well highly rated and still wanted by the coaching staff, many feel Lane might always be a backup. Morris on the other hand came in rated lower (3* #45 C), but impressed the scouts with his great pass blocking skills (80). However at 5'11 and 282lbs he doesn't really have the size to stay at Tackle at the college and pro level, so he will mostly likely stay at Center."

WR Mike Bonner-Grand Blanc MI
"Bonner like Mitchell is 6'4 and will provide BSU's QB's with a huge target. Rated a 3* and #139 WR, Bonner offers solid #'s to the scouts but could use a year or 2 before he developes into a fulltime starter. However with BSU's top 3 WR's graduating and Miller likely looking at some pro offers, Bonner might be forced to learn on the job.

Coach Dezaron
Quote:
Overall I am impressed with the class we have signed so far. Getting 4 O-Lineman early and still having 3 in our Top-10 target list should help us in both the run an pass game. I expect Mitchell to be a star. He is by far the best player we have scouted and recruited this year and was a huge land for us. He had scholarship offers to BYU, Washington, and Oregon. Wade also had a scholarship offer from BYU as well as ASU and WSU. So landing both players not only hurt BYU off the field but will help us continue to apply that hurt for the next 4 years.

Lane and Morris are also both huge lands. Well Lane doesn't project out as well as we 1st hoped, he still had scholarship offers to TAMU and Florida. Well Morris picked us over Michigan and Wisconsin.

With 10 players signed and 12 scholarships left, the Bronco staff looks foward to hosting several players in Week 12 against Hawaii.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 10-05-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #55
Rookie

TFly33's Arena

OVR: 0

Following. You think you can sneak in a BCS game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFly33
Following. You think you can sneak in a BCS game?
Well the good news is I with the expansion of the MWC to 15 teams, I went ahead and actually gave them a BCS bid playing in the Fiesta Bowl against the ig 12 Champ, so as long as I win out and win the MWC championship, I will be in a BCS game. I actually took away the auto bid that use to go to the Big East now American..

With the players I have graduating, I have a feeling its going to be awhile before I ever get a chance for BSU to play for a National Title if I stay in the MWC. In the Championhsip Contenders for the next 5 years, BSU gets ranked in the high 20's and low 30's. Hopefully with some strong recruiting I can change that outlook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »