Home

Defying the Odds: The Braeden Griffin Legacy on NCAA football 14/Madden NFL 25

This is a discussion on Defying the Odds: The Braeden Griffin Legacy on NCAA football 14/Madden NFL 25 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #65
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Defying the Odds: The Braeden Griffin Legacy on NCAA football 14/Madden NFL 25

Update today?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 02:00 AM   #66
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Defying the Odds: The Braeden Griffin Legacy on NCAA football 14/Madden NFL 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
Update today?
sorry, I've gotten really off-track this week, which is a shame because I've been on break. I've been looking at the NFL draft a lot this week, and I have a mock draft up on NFL Draft geek. Also, great news for any of you interested in the NBA 2k14 next gen dynasty I plan on running, I got my PS4 this week. I'm gonna get a copy of 2k14 soon and test out MyGM. If I decide I can use it for my series, then I will, if not, I'll pick up a copy of current gen and it will start from there.

I'll try to get posts out more frequently moving forward.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:24 AM   #67
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

August 8th, 2013

I pulled up to the gym and she got in the car. The pizza place was only a mile or so away, so it wouldn't take to long to get there.

We sat down at one of the two seating tables and a waitress was with us shortly after.

"Hello, my name is Jamie, and I'll be your waitress today, what would you like to drink?." the girl, who had a voice that very familiar, said to me.

Nikki spoke up before I could.

"I'll have water please."

"Ok, and you--" She paused, studying me, and at almost the exact same moment we came to a revelation.

"Jamie?" I said, "Like, Jamie Graham?" I questioned although I already knew the answer.

"Braeden." She said, with a tone that sounded hurt and betrayed.

"Look, I--"

"Save it. Just tell me what you want to order."

"I'll just have water."

"Ok." She said irritatedly. She walked back to the kitchen and Nikki turned to me.

"What was that all about?" She asked.

"Uh... it's kind of a long story." D*mn it, why does this stuff always happen to me. Its like someone just wants my love life to suck, wait, when did this lunch 'date, for lack of a better word, become part of my love life? Great now I'm confusing myself... I thought.

"Oh, well, if you don't want to talk about it..." She said, trailing off.

"Maybe I'll tell you later." I said.

"Ok."

So after that little incident the date went smooth, for the most part. We talked a lot. We like the same things, laugh at the same jokes, it was nice.

"This was fun, Braeden." She said.

"Yeah, maybe, we could see each other again some time?" I said, though not as confidently as I would have liked. I took her back to campus and dropped her off where she said her dorm was.

"Yeah, definitely," She said, "Here," she handed me a slip of paper, "See ya later, Braeden."

"Bye, Nikki." I called back as she was already 10 feet away and walking to her dorm.

I opened the slip of paper,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper
(503)749-3033
I smiled, and got back in my car. I drove to my dorm and went up to find my roommate, Richard Smith #3 sophomore wideout for the team, hanging with the rest of the receiving corps in the living room watching the Denver-San Francisco NFL preseason game.

"Hey, Brae, come sit down, we got your Niners on." Richard said.

"Hey Rich." I said with a smile as I sat down to watch the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commentary
"First and ten for the niners at their own 35 yard line after the 6 yard run by Lamichael James. and Backup QB Colt McCoy drops back, looks, and throws it out in the flat to Rookie Quinton Patton for a gain of seven. And I know you like this rookie, don't you, Steve?" Curt Menefee said.

"I sure do, Curt, this McDonald kid is 6'0" and 204 pounds, and ran 4.53 40. He is a good athlete with average NFL size and great hands, I think he has a bright future in this league as a wide receiver." Steve Raible added.

"Yes and he was a very solid player at a small school in Lousiana Tech." Curt interjected.
Jaelen Strong said, "Man, I hope I can get to that level some day."

"J, you got game man, your definitely goin' pro." Richard said.

I hung out with the guys for the rest of the night pretty much and then when they went back to their dorms, it was just me and Richard.

"So, man, Brae, how did the meetin' with coach go?" He asked.

"It went good, Rich, I made the team, as a redshirt, though."

"Man that's great, means you ain't gonna lose any time in your career to that achilles. You can just focus on livin' life and getting' healthy."

"Yeah, man. Thanks."

"So, did you have any rehab stuff today?"

"Nah, today was my free workout day. I wen to the gym, shot some baskets."

"Cool man, cool. Bet you couldn't make nothin' though!" He said with a laugh, and I laughed with him.

"I was actually shooting pretty good, till this girl showed up and--"

"Oh, of course, my man saw a fine girl just can't get it to go in, I wanna hear how this goes."

"Well, I mean I introduced myself, and we talked a little then she was like, "wanna go one-on-one" and stuff and sorta forced me into it."

"You lost didn't ya."

I nodded.

"D*mn, my freshmen boy got beat by some chick at the gym, man you gotta step your skills up."

"She was on the basketball team, which she decided to wait until after she beat me to tell me."

"Oh, alright then."

"So yeah, then we went for pizza and it went great and I got her number.

"D*mn, my white boy freshman got game." He said, impressed.

I laughed. "Yeah, her name's Nikki."

"Yeah, boy, you gotta bring her my some time, man."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Man I got it, we should throw a party tomorrow night, and invite her, man."

"Alright, whatever, man, you wanna throw a party I'm cool with that."

"Man you know how impressed she'd be if you were the one throwin' it! I'll set it up of real, but you can be there hostin' it and saying' its yours, I'll take a backseat for this."

"Uh, whatever, man, sure." I agreed, kind of.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:14 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

This won't end well
Old 12-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #69
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonTea3260
This won't end well
Yeah I'd say that's a fair guess, but then, its a college party, its not supposed to go right, and it never does. Hopefully Braeden doesn't have any issues that are too severe.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #70
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

August 9th, 2013

Today was the day, which I still don't get why I agreed to this. We had everything set up. Richard got the football team to help out with it. We held in in our dorm, we had Corey Smith, a freshman defensive lineman who was 6'7" 260, and Jack Powers, a 6'6" 260 pound freshman Offensive lineman, doing security at the door. Richard got the freshman wideouts, Cameron Smith, Ronald Lewis, and Ellis Jefferson, to be in and around the building to watch out for the police and noise complaints. The kickers and punters were on clean-up duty. Richard said he handled drinks, snacks, and decorations, while Jaelen had let everyone know that the party was going on. Now all that was left for me to do was host it.

As the first few guests arrived, I realized I forgot the most important thing

Crap, I forgot to call Nikki... I scrrambled to get the guests settled, and told them that any valuables they wanted to keep safe go in my room, and that you need to your car keys at the door with Corey and Jack. Then I dashed into my room and grabbed my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Nikki, its Braeden."

"Hi Braeden."

"So I'm throwing a party tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to come."

"Yeah, sounds like fun."

"Cool, its people are just getting here so you can as soon as you'd like, and its at my dorm, room 239 in the University Towers."

"You live at the towers? I thought only upperclassmen lived there."

"Upperclassmen and the occasional freshman if they're lucky and on a major sports team."

"Oh. Well I'll be over soon." she said, hanging up the phone.

I continued to let the early arrivers in, and then by 8 pm we had about a dozen people.

Nikki walked in, and left her car keys with the bouncers, then came up to me.

"Hey Braeden."

"Hey, Nikki, glad you made it, if you have anything important you don't want to lose then I'll put it in my room, would you like a drink?"

"Uh, sure, and could you put my purse in your room please?"

"Yeah sure." I headed for my room and set her purse down with the other valuables in the closet, and shut it. Then I headed back to her, and asked, "What do you want to drink?"

"Uh, water is fine." she said timidly, which I noticed she seemed a little uncomfortable.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, just a little... um... tired, is all."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm fine." she replied, sounding a little annoyed.

"Ok, fine, sorry. So, water, ok be right back."

I went in the kitchen, got a cup and filled it with water.

"Here you go."

"Thanks..." she said.

I looked at her, confused. Is she shy? No, she was so outgoing at the gym, something must be wrong...

Before I could ask he what she wasn't telling me, Richard walked up.

"Hey, Brae, my boy, what's up?"

"Hey, Rich. Not much, just, you know, hosting."

"Yeah. So who is this fine girl you be talking' to?"

"Rich, this is Nikki."

"Oh, like from--"

I looked at him and cut him off, then nodded."

"Right, well, nice to meet ya, Nikki. I'm Richard, but you can call me Rich." He held out a hand.

She met it with her own delicately, and said, "Nice to meet you."

"Yeah, I'm Braeden's roommate."

"Cool..." She seemed so different.

"Hey so Rich, there's a few more people coming in, can you handle them?"

"Uhh, yeah, bro, no prob."

I turned to Nikki. "Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Yeah sure."

I led her to my room, the only quiet place left as now there were probably almost 20 people, and my dorm wasn't super big so the noise level for the place was pretty high.

"So what's up?" I ventured

"What do you mean?"

"Look, I can tell somethin's wrong, I wanna make sure your okay."

"It's complicated."

"Maybe I can help." I offered.

"I dunno, its just---"

"Please, trust me." I pleaded.

"Ok."

"So, whats the problem."

"Well, I'm nervous, for one thing."

"About?"

"Well I've never been to a party before."

"Oh. Well don't worry, just have fun, and if things get to much for you, let me know, and you can come in here and calm down."

"But I dunno what to do, or how to 'just have fun'."

"Just stick with me, I'll make sure things go ok."

She smiled. "Thanks Braeden." She hugged me.

"Now, you ready to go back out there?"

"Yeah."

We walked back out, and I found a dorm filled with college students. I scanned the room, and made sure they were all expected to be here, and they were, but there were only two people missing.

"Hey Corey, you guys got the list right?"

"Yeah, we ain't lettin' in anybody who isn't on it."

"Ok."

I realized it was getting kind of crowded, so I had a backup plan. There was an open lounge area down the hall, so I had us move down there. It was a pretty opn area, a few tables and chairs. I layer out the food, and everyone just sort of hung out for a while, but about a half hour later, Rich got his friend, who DJ's for parties, to get his stuff going and the party really started once the music got going.

"So how ya feeling?"

"I'm ok, I guess." Nikki replied.

"You need a breather?"

"No, I'm ok."

Rich saw us both standing kind of idly while everyone else was dancing and walked over.

"Brae, man, what are you doing, you can't not dance at your own party, bro."

He shoved me and Nikki lightly into the area where everyone was dancing (there was no dance floor).

"I don't really dance..." She said.

Rich came over and said, "That's the sober in you, here, have this."

"Oh, I don't drink." She said, staring down at was beer apparently.

"Wrong, you didn't drink, but now you do. Try it, its good." He handed me one, "See, Brae will drink it."

Granted, I had drank before, but I didn't want to put Nikki in a tight spot. "Hey, if she doesn't wanna drink we can't make her."

"Ah, alright."

"No." She said.

"Huh?"

"No, its fine, I'll try it."

"Um, okay." I said.

"Alright, well have fun, I gotta go get one of those pizza rolls."

(Well, where will this go from here, hmmm...)

Last edited by BraedenG33; 12-03-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #71
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

"You know you don't have to drink it if you don't want." I said

"It's fine, I'm gonna have to do it eventually so why not now?"Nikki replied.

"Ok, but I'm just saying--"

"Its Fine." she cut me off.

She took a sip, and cringed.

"Don't like it?" I asked.

"Its okay, I'm sure its an acquired taste."

"I dont know why your going through with this, nobody is making you."

"Well, I am."

"Okay."

She took another sip, and looked considerably more relaxed this time. "This isn't so bad." she said.

I nodded, and took a sip of my own.

I guess she's a lightweight, huh... I thought to myself after she finished her beer, as she was fully dazed at that point.

"Cummon, Brayyyyydennn, letsss dannccce...." She said.

"Alright."

We went over started to dance a little, and then some more, and pretty soon we were both the center of attention on the dance floor. I wasn't a terrible dancer, and I could get by at a party if I needed to, but Nikki, even though she said she didn't dance, was fantastic. She could really feel the beat.

"I loooovvvve thisss sssongg.." She said, although by now she had 3 beers in her and was completely drunk.

"Nikki, are you alright?"

"Nevverrr betttterrrr....." she said, slowly."

Rich walked up, "Wow, Nikki, you can dance. I told you it was just the soberness.

"Rich--"

"It's cool, Brae, here, have another."

"I--"

"C'mon man, you can handle it."

'Yeah, I guess."

I would definitely regret those three words.

"Hayyy, Braedenn, I think I could use a breather." She said, with a naughty grin on her face, that I didn't catch at the time.

"Yeahh, surrre." I said. "Hey, Rich, keep an eye on the partyyyyy foorrr me, I've gotta go do sommmmethinnnnn'."

"I gotcha Brae." I barely heard through my ringing ears.

We headed back to my room, and sat down on the bed, both completely drunk.

It was 11:15 p.m at the time.

Then I remember feeling her embrace me. Then a passionate kiss, and then she was on top of me, still kissing.

And now, I was awake. I turned a shoulder, terrified of what I knew I would see.

There, under the covers of my bed, was a sleeping, naked girl who was so gorgeous that it could only be Nikki.

I looked at the clock.

9:34 a.m.

I felt as though someone hit my head with a jackhammer, as I lied under my covers, without clothes, coming to realization of what must have happened since 11:15.

And yet, it didn't seem possible. How drunk could I have been that I let that happen? I thought frantically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well that went well

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »