Home

Defying the Odds: The Braeden Griffin Legacy on NCAA football 14/Madden NFL 25

This is a discussion on Defying the Odds: The Braeden Griffin Legacy on NCAA football 14/Madden NFL 25 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2
Defying the Odds: The Braeden Griffin Legacy on NCAA football 14/Madden NFL 25

Hello. This is my Football Dynasty. I will be running it as though I am the main character. It is the chronicling of his football career, from playing, to coaching, and beyond. I'm just using default sliders in his playing career and in high school the difficulty will be easier than in college, then in college, his freshmen year will be higher difficulty than in his senior year. and his rookie year in the pros will be more difficult then his 3rd year, then when coaching I will run all-pro/all-american difficulty. IF you have read any GM Dynasty style threads in the Basketball dynasty forum (like Trekfan's work or my own) it will be posted similarly to that.

Braeden Griffin

School: Santa Cruz High, Santa Cruz, CA
Team: Santa Cruz Cardinals
Ht: 5-7
Wt: 160 (senior HS)
Jersey Number: 33
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Re: Defying the Odds: The Braeden Griffin Legacy on NCAA football 14/Madden NFL 25

RECRUITING NATION

Recruiting Page: RB Braeden Griffin

(updated July 27th, 2012, Preseason update)

Position Rank(STATE): 19th
Overall Rank(STATE): 132nd
Position Rank(NATION): 67th
Overall Rank(NATION): 743rd

Scouting Report: Griffin (5'7", 160) is an undersized back, thats for sure. His nickname among the students at SCHS is "lil' Dynamite" and that's exactly how he plays. The number one halfback for his team, he has a burst off the line that allows him to get good yardage. He is also deadly with his elusiveness. He has the talent to rise higher up on the rankings, but will need to prove that his size is not an issue.

Strengths:
Speed
Quickness
versatlilty (can play RB, WR, and KR)
intelligence

Weaknesses:
Size
Strength
durability

Comparison: Danny Woodhead

Last edited by BraedenG33; 10-19-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Re: Defying the Odds: The Braeden Griffin Legacy on NCAA football 14/Madden NFL 25

I woke up at 6 a.m to an alarm blaring. *Yawn* "It's game day." I muttered quietly to myself. I was pumped for the game. I snoozed my alarm, got up out of bed, and got ready for school.

"Mom, I'm leaving!" I shouted to my mother, who was sitting in the living room watching her soap opera's or something.

She said goodbye and I walked out the door and headed for the bus stop.

---- At the bus stop ----

"Hey, Lil' Dynamite's here." My teammate Zack said.

"Hey Zack."

I talked with my teammates who were at my bus stop for a few minutes while we waited for the bus.

When the bus arrived, we all got on.

School that day was a blur. My mind was in other places. I was thinking about our game. We were playing school rival Santa Clara, who beat us last year. I wanted revenge, especially on #40. He was playing dirty all game last year and I was gonna get payback. That's all I was thinking about all day.

---- Pre-Game ----

As we were all prepping for the game, Our head coach, Pat Liguori, pulled me aside.

"What's up Coach Pat?"

"Griff, this is a BIG game, alright, I need you to get us mentally ready. Your the leader of this team, get us going and get us hungry. We need to come out strong and get a W. Alright?"

"Yes Sir."

I jogged back over to the rest of the team.

"Hey, Huddle it up guys." I called the team over.

"Alright guys, this team beat us bad last year. But that was last year. Nobody cares about who they are or what they did to us last season. Right now it's a battle of 0 and 0 teams. We need to get out there and kick some straight-up A**, you hear me. Now let's get our chant goin'."

"WHO'S HOUSE IS THIS?" I said.

"OUR HOUSE!" the team responded

"WHO'S HOUSE IS THIS?"

"OUR HOUSE!"

"WHO'S HOUSE IS THIS?"

"OUR HOUSE!"

"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! CARDINALS ON THREE CARDINALS ON ME, 1,2,3..."

"CARDINALS!!!" We said together.

Last edited by BraedenG33; 10-18-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm following
Old 10-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
Rookie

megarover's Arena

OVR: 0

Cool idea man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
I'm following
Quote:
Originally Posted by megarover
Cool idea man
Thanks. I've already played a little into it and should be able to get plenty done today and through the weekend. Glad to have some followers.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

"Alright, Griff, Frasier, Underwood, get out there for the coin toss!"

Me, our QB Clay Frasier, and Zack Underwood, the MLB, jogged out to midfield for the coin toss. I stood there and before the ref came over I glared right out number 40, who was one of their team captains.

"Alright, now home team captains your team will be referred to as 'red team' from now on, and away captains, you are 'white team'. Who will be speaking for the team?" The ref came and recited the speech he always does before the toss.

"I will speak for red team, sir." I responded.

Then 40 said curtly, "I'll do the talkin'."

"Alright, white captain, as the road team you may call heads or tails." The ref said.

"Heads."

The coin flipped high into the air, and then the ref let it hit the ground. "It is tails, red captain, would you like to kick or receive?"

"We'll receive." I said.

"And white captain, which way would you like to kick?"

He pointed to the south end of the field.

The Ref then announced the result as we returned to the sideline."

"Kick Return team , get out on the field!" Coach shouted.

I was our return ace, and positioned myself just outside the endzone, awaiting the kick.

The ref blows a whistle, and the kick is in the air. it's a short kick, and I easily field it at the 8 yard line, I take off to my right, and make a defender miss at the 13. I then cut through a lane made by my blockers and take it to the outside. Run up to about the 33 yard line before being shoved out.

We get huddled up and await the QB to give us the play.

Clay gets in the huddle and says, "Pro right, 35 power sweep on 1!"

We line up. I get in the backfield and I'm getting the ball. I take the hand off and cut it outside for a nice 11 yard gain. I was really feeling it. It seemed like every carry was 9 yards, 11 yards, 13 yards. Bang-Bang-Bang. Before you know it we scored a touchdown in the first 3 minutes of the game.

The game was pretty methodical from there. The defense gets a stop, I field a punt and get the return to about the 40 or 50 yard line, and then I carry the ball a few times and get to the endzone. Though, there was one play I was happy to make. we were at their 16 yard line, and it was 3rd and 9.

"Shotgun left, 2316 pass, halfback check on 1."

It was a basic pass play, a slant to the left receiver, a quick out to the slot, a hitch by the tight end on the right, and a dig by the right receiver, with me as the check down. Clay hiked the ball, and and felt a blitz coming. He checked it down to me, and 40 was in pursuit. He comes in to make a tackle when I spin off of him leaving him on the ground humiliated. I sprint to the end-zone untouched and score.
I got my payback... I thought.

When the game ended, I was awarded player of the game, as voted on the school website by the fans in attendance, for my performance. I had 34 carries, for 263 yards, and 4 rushing TDs, with 5 catches for 32 yards and a touchdown. Everything was going great. As I headed back to the locker room, coach pulled me aside again. We won 42-6

"Good Job griff, you really worked your a** off tonight."

"Thanks coach."

"No problem. But, there is someone here to meet you."

"Who?"

Just then, a man walked up to me.

"Hi, Braeden, I'm Sonny Dikes, head football coach for the Cal Golden Bears." Sonny Dikes said

"Uh, Hi. Its an honor to meet you coach." I responded, slightly shocked.

"The pleasure's all mine. I'm here because I was doing some scouting, and we here at Cal have decided that you are a fantastic player and would love to have you join us at our esteemed program in Berkeley. In fact, why don't you have a visit next week."

"Next week?"

"If that's not a good time it's--"

"No, it's fine, I just, I'm gonna need to get everything together and stuff, and talk to my parents."

He pulled out a slip of paper and scribbled something on it then handed me the paper. "Here, talk it over with your parents tonight and call me on this line tomorrow morning at 8:30."

"Alright."

With that he left. I turned to coach, slightly in awe. "Did that just happen?"

"Yes, it did."

And after that I started heading back to the locker room when I saw somthing behind the bleachers.

"You punk, we have put so much into your career and this is what you give us?"

------------------------------------------------
Ending on a cliffhanger here.

I think you'll like the next one.

Edit: I know cal's coaches last name is misspelled, its because it gets censored if you spell it right.

Last edited by BraedenG33; 10-18-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #8
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

"Is that... It's 40!"

40 was sitting there like a whimpering puppy, terrified of the other guy.

"I tried, big bro, I really tried." He protested, bordering on tears.

"Yeah! Well it wasn't F***ing good enough!" 40's brother shouted back. He pulled a baseball bat out of a bag that was slung over his shoulder. He winded back, preparing to hit the linebacker who I hated.

It hit him with force as he fell to the ground with a thud.

The other player groaned in pain.

"Braeden, one thing I will not tolerate is ignorance. If you see someone in trouble, you drop everything and help him..." My father's voice echoed in my head.

I walked up to them and spoke out. "Hey, man you didn't have to beat him. He tried, some nights just aren't your night."

"You better get out of here real fast, tiny, or else I'll make sure you never play again." he barked at me.

"I'm not scared of some big bully of a brother. You disgust me." I shot back.

"Whatever, git, I'm out. And L, you can walk back to Santa Clara, you're pathetic. You don't deserve to be driven home."

Then he stormed off.

"Hey, you ok?"

"Yeah, It ain't the first time. Why'd you help me, though? You hate me."

"Yeah, I do, or I did. But my dad taught me a long time ago to help people in need, no matter who."

"A'ight, well thanks, dude."

"No problem."

There was a moment of silence. We made eye contact, and I felt a sense of respect in his eyes, and gave him the same look.

"Hey, well maybe I'll see you in the playoffs, your a good player, I'll see ya 'round." I offered.

"Yeah man, you too. I'm Lamar by the way." He replied.

"Braeden, Braeden Griffin."

I walked back to the now abandoned locker room. Everyone was already in and out by now. So I quickly got changed and walk back to the parking lot, where my mom was waiting patiently.

"Hey Mom."

"Hey, your late."

"Sorry, I had some stuff to handle."

"What stuff?"

"Well, I met with Cal's coach, and he offered me a visit."

"That's great! When?"

"Next weekend."

"Oh, son, next week is your homecoming. You can't miss that. What will your girlfriend say?"

I shot her a look, she knew I didn't have a date, but I still needed to leave Homecoming weekend open for me. "Oh, that's right. I'll call him and reschedule it tomorrow morning."

"Anything else?"

"Uhh, yeah. Remember number 40?"

"Yeah."

"Well..."

I told her the story of how I helped Lamar.

"Oh, well I'm very proud. Glad to see you sorted things out."

"Yeah."

Last edited by BraedenG33; 10-21-2013 at 11:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »