Home

Rise of the Utes: A Utah Dynasty (2013)

This is a discussion on Rise of the Utes: A Utah Dynasty (2013) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10
Rise of the Utes: A Utah Dynasty (2013)

So I traded 2014 back in, sorry guys, and am back to 2013.
Figured I would run a little dynasty with one of the two little teams out west I have been enjoying watching the last 5 years.

System Info:
XBOX 360
Heisman/AA Difficulty
Sliders: my own custom rotating set. Against difficult teams (top 10) I throw in a difficult set of Heisman. Against a cushy opponent I throw in the AA sliders that are medium range. They still work regardless, I have lost on this setting before.

Updates: Should be twice weekly. Might be more, might be less.

Simming through the 2012 season, will start with the 2013 season.

Changes:
BYU, Utah State are permanent opponents. Besides that I will be doing a top 25 non conference opponent every year. I want to do a two year deal with each opponent, Home and Home.

I will get this thing started tomorrow!
Get ready, it's time for the Utes to rise!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

Re: Rise of the Utes: A Utah Dynasty (2013)

Utah: Where Champions are made

In 2004 the Utah Utes were the first ever BCS Buster, and they finished the season undefeated along with USC and Auburn. The victory in the Fiesta Bowl wasn't as glorious as it seems though, they defeated an outmatched and outgunned Pittsburn teamed that was only ranked #19 and didn't deserve the spot.

In 2008 the Utes went undefeated again, and this time in the BCS defeated what has been the #1 team in a nation just a week weeks prior in the 12-1 Alabama Crimson Tide. To put into perspective how impressive that win was, that year only two teams beat Alabama. Eventual national champion Florida and Utah. Since they lost to Utah, the Tide have only lost 5 games, have been ranked in the top 10 every week, and have won 3 national championships.

The Utes also had extremely competitive 2009 and 2010 campaigns before joining the Pac-12 in 2012 and suffering because of a slight lack of depth.

In 2013 the Utes look to get it back on track!
They are competing in a deep Pac-12, but a bowl game looks likely and you never know, with the right things going their way they might get just make the Pac-12 championship game!
Old 11-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

Conference Landscape Changes:

Ever since 2011 the NCAA conferences have changed more than anyone could imagine.
Luckily the changes seem to be over permanently, or at least for now. Several teams will be added in 2014 to conferences, but after that it seems with a large rash of "Grant of Media Rights" deals, the conferences will keep all their teams from 2014 to 2020. Unless an independent or two wants to join a conference, but no conference teams shall depart.

This is great news for most football fans..

(For the dynasty: I am dumping all the Independent teams into the WAC, except ND who will be my lone independent. This way I can move the WAC teams out into the conferences they are supposed to go. The Big East will be the official The American conference. In 2014 I will remove most BCS Bowl ties, the SEC and Big 12 will meet in the Sugar, Rose will still feature B1G vs Pac-12, but the rest will be at large's.)
Old 11-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

Because of the fact I am using NCAA '13, I will not be posting rankings until week 5. By then the season will be shaken out.
Having to weekend warrior this dynasty, but it looks promising.
Also running UTSA, as a side project as a HC. I am a DC for Utah.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

Analyzing Utah's 2013 schedule

The Utah Utes won't make headlines with it, but they added a tough opponent to the 2013 schedule and got rid of Weber State.
Fresno State, who is projected to finish 5th in the MWC, has played Utah 9 times since their first meeting in 1980. Utah leads the series 5-4. Fresno State has proven to be a solid team in the past, and will definitely up Utah's SOS.

Toughest Opponent: Oregon
Oregon & Stanford would both be solid choices for toughest opponent. Fresno State who went 10-2 last year, and Utah State who went 10-2 also are also on Utah's schedule. Add in UCLA, USC, and BYU and you have a tough schedule. However, Oregon is the projected Pac-12 champion and that speed they possess is enough to make anyone cringe. Utah has a tough schedule, but Oregon is the toughest.

Cupcake: Colorado. The Buffaloes used to be a proud program but have struggled so much the past 10 years it's hard to take them seriously. The only game on Utah's schedule you can pretty much mark as a win.

Biggest Challenge for Utah's Offense: Look no further than the bruising defense of Stanford. Oregon uses speed, and will be difficult to contain, but that Stanford defense will test Utah's offensive line. If Utah can overcome that defense, they can overcome any defense, Pac-12, SEC, it doesn't matter.

Projected record:
Utah won't be happy about it, but they are projected to finish 5-7 this year. UCLA, Stanford, Fresno State, Utah State, Oregon, USC, and Oregon State are easy picks to be ranked this year. Utah has a great SOS, and if they were to go undefeated they would be in the NC game no doubt. But if they somehow make it bowling they should feel incredibly lucky. The Pac-12 is deep this year, even in the South. Only California and Colorado look like easy wins this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »