Home

Restoring The Roar: A Memphis Tigers NCAA 14 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Restoring The Roar: A Memphis Tigers NCAA 14 Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Restoring The Roar: A Memphis Tigers NCAA 14 Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgocavs99
I've got a problem guys. I forgot to save after the Duke game and when I got back on I decided to sim it, we still lost, but stats will be different. I don't want to make another write up, but stats will be all messed up, any ideas guys?
Unless you plan on making season stats a big part of your dynasty tracker, I am not sure I would worry about it to much and just continue on .

Tough first loss, but it was sorta to be expected, Duke is pretty good this year and it's always tough when starting a Freshman QB.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #18
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

OVR: 5

Matchup Preview | January 1,
@
Memphis Tigers
(0-1, Away)
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders
(1-1, Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
224.0Total Offensive Yards274.0
65.0Passing Yards159.0
159.0Rushing Yards115.0
21.0Points Per Game10.0
Defensive Stats Comparison
518.0Total Yards Allowed405.5
319.0Passing Yards Allowed175.0
199.0Rushing Yards Allowed230.5
Injury Report
Johnnie Farms (DT)
Sprained Ankle during practice. Out for 1 game
Stephen Roberts (LOLB)
Sprained shoulder. Questionable
Game Notes
Memphis is 0-1 coming into this game after a loss to Duke.
MTSU is 1-1 coming into this game. They lost to UNC last week.
Johnnie Farms is out for the Tigers after a sprained ankle in practice on Thursday, he should be ready to go next week.
Player to watch: Paxton Lynch. After a horrid 1st game, Lynch needs to be more accurate, and if he is, the Tigers have a chance too be in this game.

This should be a decent game, I'd say that Middle Tennessee is a better team, so does Kirk Herbstreet, he is picking them to win. To win the Tigers need to run the ball well and defend the pass.

Check out my NCAA 14 UTEP Miners Dynasty! http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p-dynasty.html
Old 12-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #19
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Hey, I got my first win on the road. Anything's possible, just keep playing hard. MTSU certainly has some flaws. Also kind of weird that they lost to UNC last week while you lost to Duke.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #20
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po1soNNN
Hey, I got my first win on the road. Anything's possible, just keep playing hard. MTSU certainly has some flaws. Also kind of weird that they lost to UNC last week while you lost to Duke.
I know haha, it's weird. I saw your dynasty, it's looking good, also just got done playing game. It'll be up either tonight or tomorrow. It was a great game, and I'm enjoying plying the game the more and more I play it.

Check out my NCAA 14 UTEP Miners Dynasty! http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p-dynasty.html

Last edited by letsgocavs99; 12-28-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #21
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

Memphis Tigers Beat Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, Get 1st Win of the Season

The Tigers played a great overall game, ran the ball well, threw the football effectively, and defended both the run and the pass adequately. However for how well they played, it was still a very close game. The Tigers got the ball to start, and drove down the field pretty well, Lynch was a lot more accurate today, probably just the 1st game jitters last week, and got Memphis into field goal range before he was sacked on 3rd down and put out of field goal range making them punt. Middle Tennessee didn’t do much on their drive punting after a few plays. Here is where the offense got rolling for Memphis, Paxton Lynch drove them down the field and got them to the 4 where he kept it on the power option and was brought down into the end zone for 6. Middle Tennessee’s quarterback, Logan Kilgore, threw a pick to Reggis Ball who made a great play under cutting the receiver’s streak downfield and picking off the pass. Memphis got the ball back and started driving, that is until a 3rd and 5 where Lynch got hit as he threw… and didn’t get back up. He was holding his head and the whole stadium knew what that meant. Lynch was diagnosed with a mild concussion and should return next week against Arkansas State. Backup QB Jacob Karam filled in for the rest of the game for Lynch. The rest of the 1st quarter neither team could get anything going and that continued into the 2nd quarter when Tom Hornsey pinned MTSU at their own 4… and then Jordan Parker happened. Parker gashed the Memphis defense for a 96 yard score where he made a pair of Tigers miss, then turned on the burners. I’ve never heard such a small crowd erupt as loud as they did as he was breaking away. Neither team could get anything going for the rest of the half, as Karam kept overthrowing receivers and Middle Tennessee couldn’t move the football.

In the 2nd half, it was the same story as the 1st, both teams played great defense, and nobody could score until Jake Elliot chipped home a 31 yard field goal to give Memphis the 10-7 lead with 4 seconds to go in the 3rd quarter. The 4th quarter however, is where things got good. The Blue Raiders drove down the field thanks to a pair of nice first down runs from Parker, but Memphis stood them up holding Middle Tennessee to a field goal tying the game up at 10 apiece. Karam got things going in the 4th with a few nice completions and a good run from Jai Stieb. That put Memphis at the 24, and then a b-e-a-utiful throw from Karam to Keiwone Male, fitting the ball in between the corner and the safety put them at the 4. A loss of one on 1st down set up a 2nd and 5 where Karam dropped back, sensed pressure so he rolled right and started to take off, but a defender came running at him, so he floated a ball into the back right corner of the end zone where Reggie Travis was running who caught the ball and dragged his toe in bounds for the touchdown! The Blue Raiders drove to their own 43, where on 4th and 6, Logan Kilgore fired a pass to freshman receiver Tevin Pettis, who calmly… dropped the pass and turned it over on downs. Middle Tennessee was all but hopeless now as they burned timeouts, but couldn’t stop the Tigers ground attack as a 34 yard jet sweep by Reggie Travis got them inside the 10, and Brandon Hayes walked in for the 2 yard touchdown that sealed the game.

I caught up with coach Chad Loftstein after the game and he said and quote” The guys played great today. We played well in every facet of the game, from running the ball to defending the pass, even to playing great special teams coverage, I mean we downed it (inside their 20) 4 times! Only worrisome thing I saw was our rush defense, we need to communicate better on defense, who has what gap, and we need to work on our pass protection too. Most of all we need to get healthy. Paxton (Lynch) has a concussion and we will take precautionary measure to help him and Johnnie (Parks) has a bad ankle, hopefully we get them both back next week,” End quote.

Memphis Tigers at Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders
Sep 14, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Memphis Tigers (1-1)7031424
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (1-2)070310
Team Stats Comparison
MEMMTU
Total Offense406299
Rushing Yards193229
Passing Yards21370
First Downs2112
Punt Return Yards1511
Kick Return Yards6773
Total Yards488383
Turnovers01
3rd Down Converstion7/144/13
4th Down Conversion0-00-3
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals4 Trips: 3 TD's 1 FG1 Trip: 1 FG
Penalties0-01-2
Posession Time18:3613:23
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGMEMMTU
1:00(MEM) TD: P. Lynch 4 yard run70
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGMEMMTU
5:06(MTU) TD: J. Parker 96 yard run77
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGMEMMTU
0:04(MEM) FG: J. Elliot 31 yard field goal107
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGMEMMTU
5:24(MTU) FG: C. Rooker 26 yard field goal1010
3:33(MEM) TD: R. Travis 5 yard pass from J. Karam1710
1:26(MEM) TD: B. Hayes 2 yard run2410
Memphis Tigers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Paxton Lynch5/89000
Jacob Caram10/1212210
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Jai Steib181146.30
Paxton Lynch7101.41
Brandon Hayes6284.61
Reggie Travis22417.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Joe Craig69916.50
Reggie Travis34214.01
Keiwone Malone33913.00
Jesse Milleson12424.00
Jai Steib294.50
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Charles Harris12000
Dion Witty7000
Reggis Ball4010
Melvin Jones3100
Corey Jones2100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Jake Elliot1/13/3631
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Tom Hornsey623639.34
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Reggie Travis36722.30
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Bobby McCain2126.50
Reggie Travis122.00
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Logan Kilgore14/227001
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Jordan Parker1720111.81
Logan Kilgore11171.50
Reggie Whatley4112.70
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Devin Clarke3227.30
Kyle Griswould22713.50
Jordan Parker300.00
Reggie Whatley242.00
Terry Pettis188.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
T.T. Barber10000
X. Walker9000
Kevin Byard7000
Patrick McNeil4200
James Roberson3100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Canon Rooker1/11/1426
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Josh Davis416933.20
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Reggie Whatley12626.00
Kenneth Gilstrap14747.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Kyle Griswould11111.00

The player of the game award goes to...

Memphis WR Reggie Travis

*Sorry for no pictures guys, a really bad glare on my TV today, tried to just take a pic from the game and go back in the saved pics, but they were pretty blurry. Also recruiting update after next game*

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #22
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Wow. Nice win and a good way to step up when the starting QB goes down. Are you having trouble with injuries on your team? I haven't had any in my dynasty, but have had dynasties in the past where 3 guys get hurt very game or something crazy like that.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #23
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po1soNNN
Wow. Nice win and a good way to step up when the starting QB goes down. Are you having trouble with injuries on your team? I haven't had any in my dynasty, but have had dynasties in the past where 3 guys get hurt very game or something crazy like that.
Thanks, I was surprised how well we played. Actually the injuries are close to being realistic, I'll get maybe 2 minor injuries a game, that was the only time I've had a player be out for the rest of the game. Plus I have my own injury chance thing to get some more injuries.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #24
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

Matchup Preview | September 21, 2013
@
Arkansas State Red Wolves
(1-2, Away)
Memphis Tigers
(1-1, Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
330.0Total Offensive Yards315.0
185.0Passing Yards139.0
145.0Rushing Yards176.0
17.3Points Per Game22.5
Defensive Stats Comparison
362.3Total Yards Allowed408.5
193.3Passing Yards Allowed194.5
169.0Rushing Yards Allowed214.0
Injury Report
Game Notes
Arkansas State is coming off of their 1st win against Troy.
Memphis is coming off of their 1st win against Middle Tennessee St.
Player to watch for Arkansas St: David Oku. The speedy halfback is the key to this offense and they will feed him a lot.
Player to watch for Memphis: Jai Steib. The Tigers will look to get the running game going early and often, and Steib will be their main focus.

These 2 teams matchup fairly evenly. If I'd have to give the edge to either team, I'd give it to Arkansas St. Kirk Herbstreet agrees with me as he'll take the Red Wolves. Note: Memphis has played a team with a color in their name every week so far this year (Blue Devils, Blue Raiders, Red Wolves).

After every 3 weeks I'll give you guys a recruiting breakdown and an around the league post, those along with the game hopefully will be up tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »