Home

A New Era | The Texas Longhorns

This is a discussion on A New Era | The Texas Longhorns within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #17
Rookie

IchBinDeutsch's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A New Era | The Texas Longhorns

I'll definitely be following this!
Old 12-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #18
Rookie

TearzBoiKilla's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese2121
Tearz! My man! It has been far too long. I am so excited to see you back at chising! I will be putting together a small little project myself later. More on that to come.

This looks great as always! Excited to see where you can take Texas! You know I am following.
Cheese how are you bud? Wasn't sure anyone would recognise me with the differant username. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your report so I will check that out.

I'm back for enjoyment now, running a Houston Texans chise alongside linking the two together but at this point that isn't a report yet lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchBinDeutsch
I'll definitely be following this!
Cheers bud, I have more ready but the other site this is at is down for maintenance and it's just typical it did it before I got all copied over to here.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
Rookie

TearzBoiKilla's Arena

Old 12-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #20
Rookie

TearzBoiKilla's Arena

By John Bates, texassports.com

Austin, Texas --The news that freshman Montrel Meander was transferring away from the Texas program in order to pursue a starting role at Rice has been known now for almost a week but it is only today when Texas head coach Chad Morris spoke about his disappointment in Meander's decision to move schools.

"It's not often you get pumped about one kid so early on," said Morris. "But that is exactly how I felt about Montrel, but in the kids heart he just wasn't happy and felt like he was good enough to play last season instead of redshirting and evidently that has cost us as a program."

Meander came into Austin late on in the recruiting stage last year committing just a few days before signing day with the help of Earl Campbell and Vince Young in order to get the 6-foot-4, 190lbs receiver to change his mind on Washington State.

"I spent hours trying to convince him that he was in our plans this season," continued Morris. "I saw him as the ideal replacement for Mike Davis but as I already said the kid just didn't want to be here any more and sometimes as disappointing as it is we just have to let the kid go."

Meander wasn't the only outgoing freshman with Eric Huhn transferring to UNM, both players could have seen the field as redshirt freshman this season under Morris but both chose to go elsewhere.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #21
Rookie

TearzBoiKilla's Arena

By John Bates, texassports.com

Austin, Texas -- No one has doubted the hiring of Chad Morris as the head coach of Texas, the 45-year old was probably the most touted coordinator in college football last season in terms of his head coaching candidacy but should there be any doubters then Morris wouldn't have hurt his cause today when he hired Clemson’s Jeff Scott as his offensive coordinator.

The 34-year old agreed a three-year contract with the Longhorns to replace the both Major Applewhite and Darius Wyatt who shared a joint role under Mack Brown.

King is a good hire on more than one account, although Morris could have hired anyone and maybe even the best offensive coordinators in the nation to come to Texas, with King he already has a coordinator moulded from the same resin that Morris has built himself out of during his tenure at Clemson and not only that King is an excellent recruiter after being named one of the top-25 recruiters in the nation in 2012 by Rivals.com

“I can’t wait to get started,” said King. “Coach Morris and I have worked together closely for the last few years so it is like moving into a new dorm with a good friend however this time though the spotlights on me to.”

King will also continue to coach the Wide Receivers for Texas just like he did during his time with Clemson. The Longhorns are set to lose its most talented Receiver in Mike Davis to the NFL however the Longhorns did recruit plenty of talent in the last few seasons to prepare.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #22

Cheese2121's Arena

Great articles. Always top notch writing out of you. Reading this is just getting me more hyped to start my own project.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #23
Rookie

TearzBoiKilla's Arena

By Colin Anderson, texassports.com

Austin, Texas -- The Longhorns defense’s of past once game opposing offense’s nightmares but in recent times this hasn’t been the case, last season the unit was forced to play under two different defensive coordinators after Manny Diaz was fired and the Longhorns moved onto Greg Robinson and whilst under Robinson the team showed major improvements it still wasn't good enough for Robinson to keep his job under new head coach Chad Morris.

A few days ago Morris hired a young, inspiring offensive coordinator in Jeff Scott but today the 45-year old head coach looked more at age and knowledge when hiring Jim Leavitt as the new defensive coordinator for the Texas Longhorns.

As the head coach of South Florida from 1997 to 2009, Leavitt had a record of 95-57 and during that time he was heavily courted by the likes of Alabama and whilst his time at South Florida ended in controversy it didn’t stop Jim Harbaugh hiring him when he took over in San Francisco and under the likes of Vic Fangio and Jim Leavitt the 49ers have had one of the most if not the most feared defense's in the NFL and under the coaching of Jim Leavitt, Navorro Bowman has become an elite linebacker with the 49ers.

“Honestly, I wouldn’t have left the 49ers for any other job,” Leavitt said. “My passion has always been in the college game but when you are competing for Superbowl's it would have been hard to leave an organisation like the 49ers for anything less than what has been offered to me here in Texas.”

The Texas native Leavitt has agreed to a three year deal with the Longhorns to work alongside both Jeff Scott and Chad Morris.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #24
Rookie

TearzBoiKilla's Arena

College Football, USA – Two massive jobs became available at the end of the season in the form of Texas and USC. Mack Browns resignation and USC’s firing of Lane Kiffin handed an opportunity to most aspiring coaches in all forms of football. Whilst Mack Brown will leave Texas as one of the most decorated coaches in college football the same can’t be said for Lane Kiffin.

Replacing Brown at Texas will be Chad Morris of Clemson, who has built a reputation as one of the best offensive coordinators in college football. In his time at Clemson, the Tigers have ranked in the top 15 in terms of offensive layout and that alone is a major reason why a school like Texas is willing to take a chance on the young coach.

USC took another route when they hired Charlie Strong of Louisville to replace Lane Kiffin as their new head coach. Strong is coming of his best season as the head coach of Louisville as the Cardinals went 12-1 finishing the season with a demolishing win over Miami in the Russell Athletic Bowl.

There was also some major contract extensions in college football, Jimbo Fisher got a new four year deal of the back of Florida States national championship and Virginia Tech handed a new two year deal to Frank Beamer.

Head Coaching Carousel

Hires Chad Morris to replace the retired/resigned Mack Brown
Hires Charlie Strong to replace the fired Lane Kiffin.
Hires John Rollins to replace the fired Terry Bowden
Hires Robert Prince to replace the fired Jeff Quinn
Hires Mark Hudsepth to replace the fired Sonny ****s
Hires Lou Spanos to replace the fired Trent Miles
Hires Clarence McKinney to replace the fired Tony Levine
Hires Chris Tormey to replace the fired Paul Petrino
Hires Cam Cameron to replace the fired Kevin Wilson
Hires Vance Bedford to replace Charlie Strong who left for USC
Hires Jeff Quinn to replace the fired Don Tredwell
Hires Lawrence Dawsey to replace the retired Frank Solich
Hires Matt Rhule to replace Bill O'Brien who left for the NFL
Hires Jeremy Pruitt to replace the fired Gary Patterson