Home

ODU Monarchs - Stake Your Claim

This is a discussion on ODU Monarchs - Stake Your Claim within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2014, 07:38 PM   #17
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: ODU Monarchs - Stake Your Claim

Good luck this season, I ran a coaching dynasty and started as the OC at ODU. Went 7-5 (upset Maryland by 3 somehow, beat all 4 FCS schools and beat Idaho and New Mexico State), but every game was a tough grind. Heincke is a beast though, basically kept him in shotgun all season long and ran zone reads, play actions, or just plain 'ol drop backs.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #18
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
Good luck this season, I ran a coaching dynasty and started as the OC at ODU. Went 7-5 (upset Maryland by 3 somehow, beat all 4 FCS schools and beat Idaho and New Mexico State), but every game was a tough grind. Heincke is a beast though, basically kept him in shotgun all season long and ran zone reads, play actions, or just plain 'ol drop backs.
Thanks! Heinicke is definitely a beast and is the only reason this team can be semi-competitive even against FCS teams. Just needed overtime to beat FCS West at home haha. It's CPU vs. CPU, so my coaches call the play but he definitely is in shotgun all game long and runs a few read options every game plus the many scrambles on called pass plays because nobody gets open for him.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #19
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm running with ODU as well. I rearranged the schedule and added virginia va tech and all the military schools. Just for the first year as an independent until I moved to cusa. Enjoy Pinkard, hands like glue. Definitely following. Loved your sju choops2k8 chise
Old 01-03-2014, 08:47 AM   #20
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZito75
I'm running with ODU as well. I rearranged the schedule and added virginia va tech and all the military schools. Just for the first year as an independent until I moved to cusa. Enjoy Pinkard, hands like glue. Definitely following. Loved your sju choops2k8 chise
I totally forgot to look up my rival schools when it came to putting the schedule together. I definitely would have taken out at least one of the FCS teams and added either Virginia or Virginia Tech to spice the season up some.

Larry Pinkard has made a ton of grabs for me already this year, but that's because I moved him inside on all of my offensive formations to exclusively play in the slot. My problem right now is trying to get Antonio Vaughan the rock! Other than a bomb TD to open up the Maryland game, he's been wayyy too quiet for my liking.

That SJU dynasty I had was by far my favorite dynasty that I've ever done on this board. Only other dynasty I've played that was better than that was an MTSU football dynasty I played way back in NCAA 08. I really wish I decided to document that because I have some great memories of that one that I still relive from time to time.

Thanks for following!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #21
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Monarch Recruiting Roundup

Coach Bobby Wilder has 11 scholarships at his disposal this year to replace his outgoing seniors. It is early in the year, but it is obvious where some of the holes on this team are heading forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Wilder
Well as y'all know, we run a 3-3-5 defense, so we need to have those strong safeties as our best athletes on the field. We need to find us some boys that can play in coverage and in the box at both our strong safety spots. We've also had some trouble protecting the quarterback, so beefing up that O-line is a definite need as well.
Rumor going around the Old Dominion fan base is that Wilder has already extended scholarship offers to ten prospects. Those ten prospects are, coincidentally, the top-10 prospects on the recruiting board that we published here just a couple weeks ago.

The Monarchs are either leading or gaining on the leaders for all ten players, as well as having scheduled visits for all of them as well. Look for the offensive linemen, namely Waylon Woods (top-prospect on our board), Gabe Bryant and Greg Joseph, to all visit together while the HB-FB combo of Micah Jackson and Frank Minor should be on campus together as well.

The one remaining scholarship will be left to try to find one more prospect that hasn't caught the eye of the coaching staff just yet. He may also be an unknown to other coaches as well, being a possible gem that is yet to be found.

As the recruiting board grows, shrinks or changes, we will be sure to tell you first!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #22
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Back-to-back sacks by DE Andrew Everett on USU's opening drive forces a punt, leading to slow start for the Aggies' offense.

Trailing 10-0, Utah State gets a first and goal on the five-yard line. After three straight Chuckie Keeton keepers, they go for it on 4th down from the one yard line. After hitting their massive TE D.J. Tialavea in the flat, he turns up field for the goal line only to be met by three Monarch defenders and stopped short of the endzone!

From bad to worse... Chuckie Keeton started scrambling and moving the USU offense, but a hit from behind forces a fumble which would be recovered by Old Dominion.

GAME NOTES

QB Taylor Heinicke suffered a stress fracture in his foot and left the game for good with 30 seconds remaining in the first half. He was replaced by redshirt freshman David Washington who connected on 12 of his 16 throws for 84 yards while adding 25 rushing yards on five carries.

Starting halfback Colby Goodwyn, who leads the team in receptions through four games with 24, bruised his knee in the fourth quarter and will miss two to three weeks due to the injury. Next in line to pick up the slack is junior Cam Boyd, who touted the rock ten times for 62 yards and a touchdown against Utah State.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #23
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Heisman Watch - Updated: Sep 22, 2013
NAMEPOSSCHOOLSEASON STATS
Ben MalenaHBTexas A&M65 Car, 316 Yds, 7 TD, 10 Rec, 228 Yds, 4 TD
Johnny ManzielQBTexas A&M67-92, 906 Yds, 9 TD, 4 INT, 43 Car, 290 Yds, 2 TD
Carlos HydeHBOhio State74 Car, 502 Yds, 5 TD, 10 Rec, 128 Yds, 2 TD
Tre MasonHBAuburn77 Car, 447 Yds, 5 TD, 9 Rec, 92 Yds, 1 TD
Taylor MartinezQBNebraska54-99, 839 Yds, 7 TD, 3 INT, 59 Car, 365 Yds, 5 TD

Last edited by R1zzo23; 01-03-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #24
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Larry Pinkard elevating over a defender for a deep completion down the sideline...

...but the very next play, the strong safety reads the screen and takes it for seven the other way.

Down by 7, CB Jevon Neal records the first INT of the season for ODU to keep the game within reach. Unfortunately, the Monarchs' offense never got on track and the game got away from them.

One bright spot: freshman QB David Washington hits Blair Roberts for a touchdown. It's the first of the signal caller's young career at ODU and boy was he fired up about it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »