Home

Fire Up Chips! - A Central Michigan University Dynasty

This is a discussion on Fire Up Chips! - A Central Michigan University Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #17
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Fire Up Chips! - A Central Michigan University Dynasty

Champions of the MAC! CMU 34, KSU 7
Adam B. Fictitious | OSPN FBS Correspondent | December 6, 2013

Detroit, MI - The champions of the Mid-American Conference have been crowned for the 2013 college football season!

Central Michigan came into the MAC Championship as seven-point underdogs and emerged as twenty-seven-point victors. CMU's offense exploded for 484 combined yards and their staunch defense returned to form to hold the Golden Flashes to under 200 yards offensively.

"We got off the ball quick," Coach Boyd said. "We never looked back, really. It was one of those games where things seemed to click. We got some good breaks and we took advantage of them."

Solid execution by QB Cody Kater, who went 18/24 for 195 yards with two scores and one interception, came into play when it mattered early, but it was the rushing attack of the Chippewas that carried the day. 192 yards and 2 TDs by Zurlon Tipton were coupled with 100 yards and a score by Saylor Lavallii to decimate the Kent State rush defense.

With the win, CMU picks up their eighth MAC Championship. It was a fitting conclusion to a rollercoaster season for their rookie head coach, Jack Boyd, who sounded choked up when he accepted the MAC Trophy following the blow-out win.

"We really... this symbolizes a year of hard work for everyone here. I can't think of a better gift to our seniors and our fans," he said in the post-game presentation.

CMU (9-4) will face the University of Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajins in the GoDaddy.com Bowl.

The full game stats are included in the enclosed PDF.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CMU-KSU-MAC Championsihp.pdf (320.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #18
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

All Roses for Michigan State

Adam B. Fictitious | OSPN Sports Correspondent | January 1, 2014

Pasadena, CA - Michigan State has defeated the Washington Huskies to claim the 2013 Rose Bowl title!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MSU_UW_Rose Bowl.pdf (317.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 06:04 PM   #19
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Johnny Football Shines in Orange Bowl

Adam B. Fictitious | OSPN Sports Correspondent | January 1, 2014

New Orleans, LA - In what will almost certainly be his last collegiate game, Johnny Manziel led his Aggies to a sound 30-14 upset of the Boise State Broncos in the 2013 Sugar Bowl.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf TAXM_BSU_Sugar Bowl.pdf (340.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 06:08 PM   #20
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Notre Dame 17, Florida State 16 F
Jason Fakeson | OSPN Sports Reporter | January 1, 2014

Miami, FL - The fighting Irish of Notre Dame eeked out a narrow one-point victory over the white-hot Florida State Seminoles after an early injury to quarterback Jameis Winston forced him to leave the game.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ND_FSU_Orange Bowl.pdf (333.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #21
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Fire Up, Chips! CMU Wins GoDaddy.com Bowl
Anna Fiction | OSPN Online Contributor | January 4, 2013

Mobile, AL - The 2013 GoDaddy.com came down to the wire with a dynamic one-minute drill concocted by Central Michigan quarterback Cody Kater. Kater connected with redshirt freshman wide receiver Anthony Rice on a 19 yard touchdown with nine seconds remaining for the game-winning score, 28-24 Final.

"Pure adrenaline," Kater replied when asked what he was feeling following the conclusion of the game as confetti rained down. "It was a wild ride from start to finish."

Coach Jack Boyd, now 10-4 with a conference championship and a bowl win in his first year as a head coach, had a similar reaction to that of his quarterback: "I just felt numb there for a minute. When the ball was in the air, before [Anthony Rice] came down with it in the end zone... just numb. And then an explosion."

The GoDaddy.com Bowl was evenly matched throughout the contest, but UL-L had a 14-7 lead until four minutes left in the third quarter when CMU knotted it up. The fourth saw a rash of scoring, including a field goal by the Ragin' Cajuns with 1:16 left in the game, a score that they many anticipated would put it away. Kater's late-game heroics told another story as he swiftly marched his team downfield and scored. Kater finished 20/39 for 262 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception. The CMU rushing attack led by senior HB Zurlon Tipton was spotty at best, despite racking up 121 yards on 28 carries. Fullback Tyler Lombardo scored once and Saylor Lavallii picked up meager yardage.

Central Michigan struggled at times throughout the season, but managed to string together a five game winning streak where they outscored their opponents 214-69.

"We have a very bright future for this program, and I can't wait to get back to work. For now, we're going to enjoy this win."
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CMU_ULL_Bowl Game.pdf (335.2 KB, 2 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #22
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

The attached PDF indicates the results of all the 2013-14 Bowl Games heading into the BCS National Championship, between #1 Alabama and #2 Oregon.

vs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bowl Game Results Before NC.pdf (337.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-17-2014, 09:09 AM   #23
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

And Now They Belong to the Ages
Jorge "Seņor Ficticio" Armand | OSPN Assistant Editor | January 6, 2014

Pasadena, CA - 2011. 2012. 2013. The Alabama Crimson Tide have done the unprecedented -- three consecutive National Titles -- capping off a historic run and an undefeated season with a dominating 27-10 victory over the Oregon Ducks.

A close, hard-fought first half marked by strong defenses and turnovers -- two interceptions and a fumble by Alabama and one fumble by Oregon -- gave way to an old-fashioned pound-the-rock second half performance on the back of Alabama sophomore running back Kenyan Drake. Drake, who was subbed in for the injured TJ Yeldon, acrued 108 yards on 23 carries. Before leaving in the late second quarter, Yeldon accounted for 83 yards on 15 touches and 1 touchdown. RS-JR Jalston Fowler provided an additional touchdown in the latter fourth quarter, the score which proved to be the dagger that finished off Oregon. Perhaps in spite of a poor performance by senior quarterback AJ McCarron, who went a decidedly mediocre 21-of32 for 151 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs, the Crimson Tide found their way into the history books on the ground instead.

By contrast, the Ducks, led by Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota, were unable to contain the Alabama running game and could not find a consistent rhythm against the Crimson Tide's powerful front line. Mariota was impressive, 22-30 for 211 yards through the air with 103 yards on 18 carries and Oregon's only touchdown on the ground. His performance was ultimately not enough to lift his team to victory. De'Anthony Thomas was frustrated throughout the game, held to just 64 yards on 15 carries. Sophomore wide receiver Bralon Addison caught 6 balls for 119, including a 54 yard reception.

In a game between the two top offenses, it was a defensive player, Alabama's senior middle linebacker CJ Mosley, who took home the honor of the Player of the Game. Mosley's presence on the field was vital on numerous drives, and he accounted for 14 tackles, 1 pass defended, and a crucial fumble recovery after a hit by teammate Ha Ha Clinton-Dix on Oregon's Mariota forced a fumble in the early fourth The fumble set up an Alabama touchdown, which blunted the momentum that Oregon had been building on their drive. The score gave Bama a 20-10 lead in the 4th and they never looked back.

With the win, head coach Nick Saban becomes the first coach in history to win three consecutive National Championships and his fourth since 2010.

Your champions of the 2013 college football world -- the Alabama Crimson Tide!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013 BCS National Championship_Oregon_vs_Alabama.pdf (327.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 01-17-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #24
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Three key documents attached which provide details of the 2013-14 season.

1) Final AP Top 25 Rankings. Central Michigan cracks the top 25!
2) Heisman Trophy balloting. Marcus Mariota won the Heisman.
3) CMU Year-End Summary Page.

As the off-season is in full swing, some interesting notes to be made:
- Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Jadevon Clowney, and a number of others have declared for the NFL draft.
- The coaching carousel is underway. Numerous changes have been made, including USC's hiring of Steve Sarkisian, UW's hire of Chris Peterson, and Texas' hire of Charlie Strong following the retirement of Mack Brown. CMU's HC Jack Boyd has been courted by Nevada, but he graciously turned down the offer, citing his desire to "finish what we've started here."
- Notre Dame's sophomore standout, QB Everett Golson, who missed all of last season on academic suspension, has been readmitted to the school and is expected to start for Brian Kelly in 2014.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Final AP Top 25 Poll.pdf (205.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: pdf Heisman.pdf (103.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf 2013 CMU Final Summary.pdf (186.2 KB, 1 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »