Home

Fire Up Chips! - A Central Michigan University Dynasty

This is a discussion on Fire Up Chips! - A Central Michigan University Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11
Fire Up Chips! - A Central Michigan University Dynasty

Central Michigan University 2013-14 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Aug 31at Michigan
Sep 7vs New Hampshire
Sep 14at UNLV
Sep 21vs Toledo
Sep 28at North Carolina St
Oct 5at Miami (Ohio)
Oct 12at Ohio
Oct 19vs Northern Illinois (Homecoming)
Oct 26vs BYE
Nov 6at Ball State
Nov 16at Western Michigan
Nov 23vs UMass
Nov 29vs Eastern Michigan
Dec 6vs MAC Championship

---
The challenge is to take a middle of the road two-star school and turn them into a six-star powerhouse. I play on on the PS3 on All-American with slider adjustments. I decided to select my alma mater as they seem to be a prime candidate for this task. While I expected the schedule to be fairly easy, the team is so bad on both sides of the ball that even mediocre opponents are a challenge.
---
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #2
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Re: Fire Up Chips! - A Central Michigan University Dynasty

Chippewas Struggle in Ann Arbor
Adam B. Fictitious | OSPN FBS Correspondent | September 1, 2013

Above: Michigan QB Devin Gardner passes to WR Devin Funchess for a 11 yard TD.

Ann Arbor, MI - Central Michigan's first game of the year was also their toughest. The Chippewas went a few hours over to Ann Arbor to play the Michigan Wolverines. They left with a 56-26 drubbing.

Michigan's Devin Gardner threw for 252 yards and 4 touchdowns. The Michigan quarterback accounted for two additional rushing scores. Central Michigan's defense looked utterly incapable of stopping the Wolverine attack, and their offense sputtered right out of the gate.

Central Michigan's decision to start Cody Kater at quarterback produced a mixed-bag of results. Kater looked inconsistent on the field and was not able to develop a rhythm despite two scores through the air.

CMU's first-year coach Jonathan Boyd was asked for comment following the loss. "We knew we had a hard task coming into the game," he said, "but we simply did not execute on the field when we needed to. We could not come up against the pass and I think it showed. [Zurlon] never really got off the ground, either, and that set us back."

CMU's Zurlon Tipton did not factor into the game, despite being CMU's acclaimed halfback. On 14 carries, he tallied a pitiful 36 yards.

Next week, CMU opens up their home schedule at Kelly/Shorts Stadium against FCS opponent New Hampshire.

Full stats can be found in the attached PDF.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CMU_UM.pdf (338.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Defense Dominant in Home Opener
Anna Fiction | OSPN Online Contributor | September 8, 2013

Mt. Pleasant, MI - On the heels of a brutal opener in Ann Arbor, the Chippewas rebounded in front of a home crowd. They picked up the win over the visiting New Hampshire Wildcats, 21-0.

A dominating defensive effort by the Chippewas prevented the Wildcats from putting a point on the board, and held their offense to 165 total yards. New Hampshire QB Andy Vailas was sacked six times and intercepted once in the loss.

"Winning at home, in our opener, really showed what we're made of," coach Jonathan Boyd said. "I think we need to clean up some of our sloppiness still, but this was a good win."

CMU's Cody Kater settled down in the pocket a bit from the week prior, this time throwing for 217 yards, 2 touchdowns and an interception. Zurlon Tipton was absent in last week's loss to Michigan, but he exploded for 114 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries.

CMU continues their season next week against UNLV.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf CMU_FCS.pdf (279.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #4
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Triumphant on the Road
James Fakeguy | OSPN FBS Correspondent | September 14, 2013

Las Vegas, NV - Central Michigan's third game of the 2013-14 season saw them travel to Las Vegas to take on the UNLV Rebels in a hotly anticipated matchup. CMU's special teams came up huge, and helped seal a dominant 42-21 performance.

Saylor Lavalli, CMU's running back, showed impressive speed, agility, and endurance as he ran back not one, but two kick returns for touchdowns. He set a school record with a 100-yard return and followed it up with a 91-yarder. QB Cody Kater accounted for two more scores, and the CMU defense held UNLV to only three TDs, despite a strong opening performance by the Rebels which saw them jump to a 14-0 lead in the first quarter.

"Saylor's efforts really came up huge," Coach Boyd stated in the post-game conference. "We rode that success and were able to build off it."

With the win, the Chippewas improve to 2-1 on the season (0-0 in MAC play). They open their conference play next week in a tough test against Toledo.

---- Key Leaders ----

C. Kater - 15/20 190 YDs, 2 TD/0INT
Z. Tipton - 25 CAR, 140 YDs, 0 TDs
T. Davis - 4 REC, 43 YDs, 1 TDs
S. Lavalli - 3 KR, 233 YDs, 2 TDs, 100 YD long

N. Sherry - 18/29 149 YDs, 0TD/1INT
T. Cornett - 13 CAR 86 YDs 2 TD
C. Herring - 6 REC, 61 YDs, 0 TDs
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CMU_UNLV.pdf (332.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #5
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Savage Defense Leads Chips, 34-7, Over Rockets
Adam B. Fictitious | OSPN FBS Correspondent | September 21, 2013

Mt Pleasant, MI - In their toughest challenge of the young season, the Central Michigan Chippewas (2-1) played host to the Toledo Rockets in what many MAC followers expected to be a barn-burner. Surprisingly, it was a lopsided aware that was marked by CMU's "savage defense" -- as Coach Boyd later put it -- which disrupted Toledo's offense the entire game. CMU held the Rockets to a remarkable 88 total yards and forced two turnovers en route to a 34-7 blowout.

"We really controlled the clock," Central Michigan Head Coach Jonathan Boyd said. "We doubled their time of possession."

CMU's QB Cody Kater played a clean, mistake-free game of football, throwing for 185 yards and two scores. Defensive star Dennis Nalor record 5 tackles, a sack, a forced fumble, and an interception. CMU outgained Toledo 310 to 88 in total offense, and recorded triple the first downs. It was, by all measures, a complete drubbing.

"Altogether, our best win yet," said Coach Boyd. "I can't think of a better way to spend my Saturday."

CMU will head to North Carolina next week to take-on #23 NC State.

---- Key Leaders ---
C. Kater - 19/29 185 yards, 2 TDs
Z. Tipton - 26 car, 125 yards, 1 TD
T. Davis - 5 rec, 59 yards

T. Owens - 9/16 87 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 12 car, -23 yards
D. Fluellen - 4 car, 24 yards
A. Russell - 3 rec, 35 yards, 1 TD

Attached Files
File Type: pdf CMU_TOL.pdf (316.6 KB, 2 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #6
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Chippewas Lose in a Heartbreaker!
Jorge "Seņor Ficticio" Armand | OSPN Assistant Editor | September 28, 2013

Raleigh, NC - The Wolfpack is howling tonight.

Central Michigan University marched into the home of the #23 North Carolina State Wolfpack as 14 point underdogs. They almost pulled off a season-defining upset, but almost doesn't count in this sport.

CMU's defense, which has quickly earned a reputation as stingy the past few weeks, stifled NC State right from the start. It struggled at times to contain the faster pace of the no-huddle, option-friendly offense at times, but as a whole, CMU kept themselves in a game that many thought they had no place contending in. Their offense sputtered consistently, however, and the score remained low well in the fourth quarter.

"These teams could not have been closer matched in it," Dave Doereon said after the game.

Truthfully, it's hard to argue against that. 422 total yards by NC State to CMU's 367. 217 through the air for CMU, 209 for Coach Doereon's club. Two crucial interceptions kept CMU alive despite its offensive woes by keeping NCSU's explosive offense off the field.

The heart-pounding action reached its apex in the final minute and a half. Central quarterback Cody Kater was provided with the opportunity to tie the game at 21 and force overtime. Without a timeout in his back pocket, Kater led a fast drive down field and connected on a 17 yard touchdown to sophomore Andrew Flory for the score to knot it at 21.

But the Wolfpack would not be denied. Not on this night, not in this stadium.

Quarterback Brandon Mitchell, with under forty seconds to play, led a quick-strike passing game down the field and found receiver Quintin Payton for a 33-yard touchdown that sealed CMU's fate. 28-21, Wolfpack.

"It was hard. I'm not going to stand here and lie... it wasn't easy. You can't... well," CMU's Coach Boyd seemed flustered in his post-game press conference. "You get that far, you get back into it, only to let yourselves down in the closing seconds -- it's a bitter feeling. A bad punch. But you roll with it, you learn from it. You don't make those mistakes again. We left some soft coverage on a few of those plays, some things we'll look at in the tape room, and look to correct in the future. That's the nature of the game. Make big plays or make big mistakes."

With the loss, Central Michigan falls to 3-2 on the season. Be sure to check out OSPN's Around the Nation to catch up with all the excitement of college football.

--- Key Leaders ---

C. Kater - 15/20, 217 yards, 1 TD, 5 car, 1 rushing TD
Z. Tipton - 19 car, 111 yards
C. Odykirk - 6 rec, 94 yards

B. Mitchell - 14/22 209 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INT, 12 car, 1 TD
S. Thornton - 17 car, 111 yards
B. Underwood - 5 rec, 111 yards, 1 TD

Attached Files
File Type: pdf CMU_NCST.pdf (321.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #7
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

AROUND THE NATION - WEEK 6

Above: Washington's Bishop Sankey ran for 213 yards on 32 carries in the Huskeis' 28-7 win over Arizona.

Adam B. Fictitious | OSPN FBS Correspondent | October 5, 2013

Welcome to this week's Around the Nation, your one-stop-shop for all things college football. We'll have a preview of games to come for Week 6 as well as a look at the craziness that was Week 5.

Week 5 in Review

Games of the Week

Players of the Week

Heisman Watch

League Leaders

Passing Yards

Rushing Yards

Rushing Touchdowns

Receptions

Tackles

Sacks

Interceptions

Top 25

NCAA Football Rankings - AP Top 25 - Updated: Oct 5, 2013
RKLWTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
11Alabama (32)401496
22Ohio State (22)501412
33Oregeon (3)401356
44Louisville (2)401300
58Stanford 311076
611LSU411061
79Nebraska (2)401035
813Notre Dame41959
912Texas31860
106Oklahoma31825
1114Miami40801
127Georgia22767
1317Michigan31624
145Texas A & M32612
1518Boise State41584
1619TCU31535
1715Ole Miss31509
1820Kansas State31509
1921UCLA21441
2022Auburn40427
2110Clemson22386
2223NC State40385
2325Purdue50304
24--Fresno State50276
2516Arizona State22212

Spotlight Series: Central Michigan

In our weekly Spotlight Series, we highlight the week's match-up of a particular team. This week we feature the 3-2 Central Michigan Chippewas.

Central Michigan University 2013-14 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Aug 31at MichiganLost, 56-26
Sep 7vs New HampshireWon, 21-0
Sep 14at UNLVWon, 42-21
Sep 21vs ToledoWon, 34-7
Sep 28at North Carolina StLost, 28-21
Oct 5at Miami (Ohio)
Oct 12at Ohio
Oct 19vs Northern Illinois (Homecoming)
Oct 26vs BYE
Nov 6at Ball State
Nov 16at Western Michigan
Nov 23vs UMass
Nov 29vs Eastern Michigan
Dec 6vs MAC Championship
Old 01-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #8
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Chips Blast Red Hawks, 54-17
Anna Fiction | OSPN Online Contributor | October 5, 2013

Oxford, OH -- Central Michigan's defining trait of the 2013-14 college football season has been a dominant defense. Ranked #24 in the nation for rushing yards allowed and #33 for passing yards allowed, the Chippewas have put together a string of strong defensive performances. It was on full display against the Miami (OH) Red Hawks.

Central's turnover machine generated four interceptions, two of which were returned for scores. At the end of the day, CMU hung a season-high 54 points on their MAC foes. The offense was no slouch, either, accounting for 318 total yards to MIA(OH)'s 260. The running game turned out a combined 217 yards and five scores between Zurlon Tipton and Saylor Lavallii. Quarterback Cody Kater had a forgettable performance, going 8-of-17 for 167 yards with zero points.

On the win, Head Coach Jonathan Boyd was all smiles. "We have a game plan every week, and the emphasis is always to play your best. That's no different than usual. Today, they played their best. That's CMU football."

The Chippewas will continue their conference play and stay in the state of Ohio next week as they take on the Ohio Bobcats.

--- Key Leaders ---
K. Cater - 8/17 167 yards
Z. Tipton - 24 car, 143 yards, 3 TDs
S. Lavallii - 8 car, 74 yards, 2 TDs

A. Boucher - 19/37 239 yards, 1 TD, 4INTs
T. Westbrook - 11 car, 49 yards, 1 TD
S. Marck - 5 rec, 1 TD

Attached Files
File Type: pdf CMU_MIA-OH.pdf (326.5 KB, 2 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »