Home

The Foggy Bottom Boys: GW's return to the FBS

This is a discussion on The Foggy Bottom Boys: GW's return to the FBS within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2014, 09:38 AM   #17
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: The Foggy Bottom Boys: GW's return to the FBS

Old 01-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #18
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

Old 01-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Well hopefully Old Dominion,Texas State and your 2 matchups with FBS schools lead to wins. That puts you at 5. So now you just need to get 1 upset to become bowl eligible.

Looks like Pax is struggling. Will we see a change at QB, or maybe try and run the ball more to cut down costly throws.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:49 AM   #20
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

Mark Giannotto: Coach, rough afternoon out there. Can you give us an overview of just went wrong?

Coach Diaco: Thanks for the question Mark. We knew going into tonight that it was going to be tough sledding. Florida State isn't ranked number 6 based on history alone. With that being said, I was impressed with the way that we controlled the pace early on. Roy(Bowers) ran really well, Pax had a good grasp on what he was seeing, and the defense came up with that key stop after they had crossed midfield. If you had told me that after a quarter of play, we'd be winning 3-0, I would probably have you checked out. They took control in the 2nd quarter. Jameis took control. He scrambled for first downs, hit big passes, and always seemed to bail out the run game, which we did a good job of controlling early on. Their defense gave Paxton fits. He took a couple rough shots, threw some bad passes, and it was obvious his day was over when we decided to make the change. In summary, tough game, we're licking our wounds a bit.

Josh Solomon: About Paxton Andrews, what are your thoughts on his play? Also, is his job in jeopardy?

Coach Diaco: He's having a rough time adjusting to the FBS level of competition. We're doing what we can to try and help him out running the ball, but he has to do a better job with his decision making. With the way we're running, there are openings that he just isn't taking. We let Jamie come in late and he struggled too. The job is Paxton's until someone steps up in practice and provides us a better opportunity to win.

Cory Weinberg: Barry (Broadbeck) had a phenomenal game today, 11 tackles and a sack. Just what do you think he means to the defense?

Coach Diaco: He did a fantastic job today stopping the run where he did. They racked up a lot of yards and Barry saved this from being an absolute embarrassment. A lot of guys took a step back this week, he continues to impress the coaching staff and his teammates.

Mark Giannotto: Early thoughts on Texas State?

Coach Diaco: I like their moxie. They're a hardworking team with some talent on offense and defense. 4-8 last year, they'll be hungry to make sure that they get to 5 or 6 wins this year. Another school from a recruiting powerhouse state.

Josh Solomon: Thanks for the time coach
Old 01-20-2014, 06:52 AM   #21
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Well hopefully Old Dominion,Texas State and your 2 matchups with FBS schools lead to wins. That puts you at 5. So now you just need to get 1 upset to become bowl eligible.

Looks like Pax is struggling. Will we see a change at QB, or maybe try and run the ball more to cut down costly throws.
Looking at the schedule, you're right. It doesn't look bad, but I can't understate just how stale my offense is right now.

Andrews is a 70 overall, with limited mobility, which causes me to force passes every once in awhile or take a sack.

I've been carrying the ball about 40 times a game (Bowers 25, Cook 10-15) so I'm not sure how many carries I can squeeze out of them.

Thanks again for following Deuce, should get a couple more games in this week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #22
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

[img]

Old 01-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #23
Pro

MrRudy's Arena