Home

The Coaching Career of Timmy Chang (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on The Coaching Career of Timmy Chang (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
The Coaching Career of Timmy Chang (NCAA 14)

Credit to Miles Perry for his layout in Career of Drake Monroe. I really liked the way it looked and rules he placed on himself, I edited some of the recruiting rules to what I prefer them to be.

Introduction

This Dynasty will be posted along side my BSU/SMU dynasty, I am not ending it, just adding something new to help me from getting bored, and to be more challenged.

Roster Used-Buff Eyes
Sliders Used-Miles Perry Heisman
Quarters Played-8 min

Coach Progression. I will start out as a OC, with progression turned on to the slowest, with my coach starting at level 1. When I become a HC, I must put 1 point in Game management for every 3 points I put into recruiting. I will stay the OC for 4 years unless I am offered a HC job either the school I start with or my coaches Alma mater

About Coach Timmy Chang

(Credit for facts on Coach Chang go to Wikipedia)

Born in Waipahu, Hawai'i, Chang attended St. Louis School in Honolulu and was an honors student and a three-year letterman in football and basketball. Chang was selected a prep All-American by eight major organizations and publications. As a member of the St. Louis School football team, Chang completed 491 passes for 7,715 yards and 87 touchdowns in his three-year career.

Following high school, Chang played five seasons (2000–2004) for the University of Hawai'i Warriors where he started 50 of 53 career games at quarterback. Chang completed 1,388 of 2,436 passes (57.0 percent) for 17,072 yards and 117 touchdowns, breaking the old NCAA Division I-A all-time records of 1,231 completions in 1,883 attempts by Kliff Kingsbury of Texas Tech University (1999–2002) and 15,031 yards by Ty Detmer of Brigham Young University (1989–91). Chang participated in 2,587 plays, breaking the old NCAA career record of 2,156 by Kingsbury. Chang's 16,910 yards in total offense broke the previous NCAA record of 14,465 by Detmer.

Chang currently holds NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision all-time records for total plays (2,587), passes attempted (2,436), and interceptions (80). He ranks second in total offensive yards (16,910) and career passing yards (17,072) and is seventh in touchdown passes (117).

Chang was signed by the Arizona Cardinals after going undrafted in the 2005 NFL Draft, but was cut in training camp. That year, Chang also played in the preseason for the Detroit Lions but did not make the final roster. He then signed with the Philadelphia Eagles, who allocated him to the NFL Europe in 2006. He played for the Rhein Fire of NFL Europa for the 2006 season, in which he completed 50 of 89 passes for 656 yards, 4 touchdowns and 3 interceptions, while sharing playing time with Drew Henson.[2] He was in training camp with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2006, but was cut before the start of the regular season.

After spending 3 seasons in Canada, Chang officially retired in 2009, and went back to Hawaii to complete his degree.

In 2012, Chang joined former Coach June Jones at SMU as a grad assistant.

Dynasty Rules

Gameplay Rules:

No user catching. (I start at as the QB) taking over once the player has caught the ball or taken the handoff
No switching players on defense (I typically will use one of the DE's unless I am blitzing with a CB or OLB)
Can't abuse read option (I actually rarely run this probably less then 5 times a game)

Recruiting Rules:

1* prestige: May only target players who have me as their #1 Choice to start the season (Regardless of Ranking) or Top-5 if they are a Pipeline Recruit (must be a 3* or below), I can recruit 1 player outside these without restrictions to ratings (*'s) starting in Week 7 if the player has no scholarship offers.

2* prestige:Same as Prestiage 1 expect I can now attempt to add another Pipeline State, must border the school I am at and players must be a 3* or less, that have me at least in their Top-10

3* prestige: Same as 1 and 2, except I can now recruit 2 players starting in Week 7 who have no scholarship offers.

4* prestige: Same as 1-3, except I can now recruit 4* players who have me in their Top-5 to start the season inside my pipeline, and I can attempt to sign a up to 2- 5* inside or outside my pipeline as long as they have me in their Top-10. If I have 2 players on that list, I can't add a player in Week 7 who is without a scholarship. or I must give up one of these 2 players to do so.

5* prestige: I can recruit anyone regardless of ranking or state as long as I am in their Top-10 to start the season. Still limiting myself to a max of 5-5* players (combo of either Top-10 or players without scholarship offers after Week 7)

6* prestige: No restrictions (Lets face it, if I make it this far, I must be one of the best)

Last edited by Deuce2223; 02-07-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Re: The Coaching Career of Timmy Chang (NCAA 14)

Yearly Recaps

2013-NEW MEXICO STATE (6-6) QB Coach/Asst OC

2014-NEW MEXICO STATE- (7-5) OC

Coach Chang's Record vs Rivals

UTEP (1-1) Won in 2103, Lost in 2014

New Mexico (1-1) Won in 2013, Lost in 2014

Georgia Tech

Georgia

South Alabama

BOWL RECORD

2014 BBVA COMPASS BOWL- (Lost (45-38) to Oklahoma

Coach Chang's Recruiting Records

2013-(NMSU) 75th Best Class (Top Recruits 3* QB J. Brock, 4* ATH J. Berry)

2014- (GSU) 102nd Best Class (Top Recruits 3* C-B. King and T-J. King

Recruiting Class History per Top-10 in the Nation

2013- Alabama #1, Oklahoma #2, Nebraska #3, LSU #4, Ohio State #5, FSU #6, Texas #7, #8 Arkanas, #9 Miami FL, #10 Oklahoma State

2014- LSU #1, FSU #2, Stanford #3, Notre Dame #4, Ohio State #5, Miss State #6, #7 Washington, #8 Alabama #9 Clemson, #10 Texas

National Title Winners

2013-Texas A&M beats Miami FL

2014- Ohio State beats Michigan State

HeismanWinnners

2013 TAMU QB Johnny Manziel

2014 AUBURN RB Trey Mason

Last edited by Deuce2223; 02-13-2014 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

New Mexico State has announced that 1st year Head Coach Doug Martin has hired former Hawaii Warrior star Timmy Chang to be his QB coach, recruiting coordinator and assistant OC in 2013, with the plans of making him the fulltime OC in 2014.

Coach Martin
Quote:
"We are excited to add Coach Chang to the staff, we believe he will succeed in the coaching world just as he did as a football player for the University of Hawaii."
I plan to sim the 2013 season, but will take over as the OC in 2014 unless the OC job at Hawaii opens up.

Feel free to comment.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 02-07-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Yengator's Arena

OVR: 0

Looks intriguing, Duece. Will be following!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

AGGIES FINISH 2013 WITH 6-6 RECORD

Year 1 for Coach Doug Martin and Timmy Chang were met with a roller coaster of success. The Aggies defeated rivals UTEP and New Mexico, but a loss to Idaho in OT in Week 14 kept the Aggies from winning their 7th game and a chance to go to a bowl.

However their 6-6 record did lead to some success off the field. NMSU landed a total of 18 players including 4* ATH Jonathan Berry (my 1 recruit special recruit). Berry was the #18th rated Athlete in this year's class (with a SPARQ score of 76) and will most likely end up playing WR for the Aggies even though he did spend part of his senior year playing QB. Berry from Chinle Arizona.

Besides Berry, Coach Chang also landed a player who could become his starting QB next season. 3* QB Jonathan Brock had NMSU listed as his #1 choice from the start of the season. Rated the #22 QB in the class (SPARQ score of 74), Brock is considered a pro style QB a 6'3 220lb, with a very solid arm (84 THP 82 THA).

The 18 player class (1-4*, 8-3* 8-2* 1-2*) ranked 75th Nationally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

2013 RECAP

Texas A&M is your National Champs, they defeated the Miami Hurricanes. Johnny Manziel was named Heisman, Maxwell, and O'Brien Award winner, with 3378 yds passing 34 TD's and 7 INT, also rushed for 1017 yds and 11 TD's

Mack Brown retired and Texas almost made Boise State HC Chris Peterson the offer, but instead settled on Ohio State OC Tom Herman.

Georgia Tech fired Paul Johnson and hired Arkansas State HC Bryan Harsin

Arkansas State hires Kirby Smart to be their new HC

Johnson ends up at his Alma Mater replacing Norm Chow as the new HC.

Alabama signs the #1 Class, including 5 5* recruits, which also includes the #1 QB (Deon Jack) the #1 WR (A. Pleasant) and the #1 FS (B. Benson) All Top-10 players.

Oklahoma was #2, Nebraska was #3, LSU was #4, and Ohio State was #5

FSU, Texas, Arkansas, Miami FL and Oklahoma State round out the Top-10.

Boise State was #27 and New Mexico was #126 (just 16 players 5-3*, 1-2* and 10-1*). UTEP was #123.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 02-08-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Passinguru's Arena

OVR: 0

Looks good Deuce, I'll be following!
Old 02-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

TIMMY CHANG ANNOUNCED AS NEW OC

New Mexico State has announced that Timmy Chang has turned a opportunity to return home to Hawaii to work for new Warriors HC Paul Johnson and instead will indeed take a promotion to Offensive Coordinator at NMSU.

Chang
Quote:
"It was tough turning down a chance to to go home, but to be honest with you I didn't feel like what I want to do on offense was the right fit with what Coach Johnson want's to do with Hawaii."
This is a big win for New Mexico State, as Chang will play a huge role in developing RS FR King Davis III and 3* Recruit J. Brock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »