Home

Offenses Can Win Championships Too! - Baylor Bears Dynasty (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Offenses Can Win Championships Too! - Baylor Bears Dynasty (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #1
Rookie

quinnguy66's Arena

OVR: 10

July 8, 2013

ART BRILES DITCHING BAYLOR FOR NFL

Photo courtesy of CBS Sports
Posted Monday, July 8, 2013 1:37 pm
By CLYDE GRISWALD [email protected]
Art Briles coached a solid 5 years with the Baylor Bears, accumulating 44 total wins with 2 bowl wins. Along with developing Heisman trophy winner and first round draft pick, Robert Griffin III and knocking off the #1 (at the time) Kansas State Wildcats last season. All of this must not have been enough to keep Briles in Waco and away from the big money NFL, as he inks a 6.45 million dollar deal with the Cleveland Browns on Monday.
Although there were rumors, Bears fans were crossing their fingers when they heard the announcement that the Browns have decided between the two candidates, Art Briles and Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Mike Chudzinski. But Baylor fans' prayers went unanswered as Brown's owner, Jimmy Haslam announced they'd be bringing Briles to Cleveland.
No reporter has received the opportunity to interview Briles, who's family will move out on Wednesday. Rumor has it that he is too ashamed to show his face in Waco after leaving his beloved Bears fanatics. But he couldn't deny the profit and prestige of being an NFL head coach.
As for Baylor, no one has any idea where they're going to go with this. Rumors are all over the place on who will be the next head coach of this football squad. Some are saying the school will promote fifth year offensive coordinator, Philip Montgomery to the head coaching job, while others are saying that they can get a great coach from the recruiting cesspool that is Texas high school football.
Where ever Baylor decides to go with this job, you can be sure this coach will be elated with the talent on this roster. I'm Clyde Griswald, Sic 'em Bears!

Last edited by quinnguy66; 02-13-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #2
Rookie

quinnguy66's Arena

Baylor Announces Hire of Local HS Coach, Jackson
By Larry Kent, Featured Columnist July 23, 2013

92.5K Reads
78 Comments
Well, Baylor has shocked the sports world, and not in a good way. After Art Briles left the program to pick up the head honcho job at Cleveland, Baylor was left in shambles. Without their elite coach, Vegas is counting them out, recruits are turning there heads another direction, and they may have lost the last chunk of their RGIII bandwagon fans. Who could have thought this potential train wreck season could get any worse? How's it possible for it to get any worse? Well you can hire a 25-year-old small high school football coach that led his team to a 7-5 record the previous season... but they wouldn't do that, right? Wrong.
Baylor fans, meet Quinn Jackson, the young Chip Kelly. This kid has the potential to be a offensive mastermind, but the knock is, he's just a kid. He has potential but for the next few seasons, leave Baylor out of any sort of title talk, or winning record talk. Bears fans, break out the paper bags and cut out the eye holes, because it's going to get ugly.

Last edited by quinnguy66; 02-13-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
Rookie

quinnguy66's Arena

Carl Paige > INTERVIEW

Q&A with New Baylor Coach, Quinn Jackson

SI's Carl Paige sits down with the man who shocked college football followers everywhere, Baylor's 25-year-old head football coach, Quinn Jackson.

SI: So Quinn, you are the youngest coach in division 1 college football right now, and one of the youngest ever. How does that make you feel?

Jackson: It makes me feel great, actually. A Big 12 school thinks I'm good enough to be their head coach at 25? Now all I have to do is go out and prove to them that they made the right decision.

SI: A lot of folks don't think you can pull it off. Response to the doubters?

Jackson: The doubters can lay back on their couches and wait, because I see big things this season, and even bigger in the future.

SI: You sound confident. What do you see for this year?

Jackson: We'll see, but I won't allow a losing record.

SI: So you're guaranteeing a winning record in your first year?

Jackson: I guess I am.

SI: Like I said before, you seem very confident. What do you see for the future?

Jackson: Win national championships, the same thing any other college coach wants.

SI: What do you like about this year's squad?

Jackson: Well, with me, it's all about the offense all the time. But what's not to love, we got Lache Seastrunk, Bryce Petty, and Tevin Reese. Three of the most dynamic offensive players in the country. With defense, this is where I need to learn a little, but I understand how to run a solid D. Though, I'm probably going to rely a lot on Phil Bennett, the defensive coordinator.

SI: To wrap this interview up, I'm going to ask the question that's got the college football world stumped. How did you land this job?

Jackson: That's easy, I interviewed and they obviously must have liked me.

SI: Best of luck to you this season, Quinn.

Jackson: Thank you, Carl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »