Home

ASFL Roleplay thread

This is a discussion on ASFL Roleplay thread within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2014, 06:10 PM   #9
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: ASFL Roleplay thread

Carson City Press
Coach Wilson calls out team, Oregon coach Hawkins

The head coach of the 0-1 Carson City Bandits gave a press conference this morning in which he blasted his team and opposing coach Dan Hawkins.

The Bandits were crushed 56-28, starting the season on a sour note. They were down 35-14 at the half.

Quote:
First off, my team played like crap, and there is no other way to put it. Absolutely unacceptable, allowing 495 passing yards and 56 points.
The Pioneers are stacked with former NFL and top-tier NCAA players and they're looking to make a run for the Major Bowl. Titus Young, T.J Houshmenzadeh, and Derek Schouman all played in the NFL, while Jared Zabransky and Ian Johnson were integral parts of Boise State in their shocking 43-42 win over Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.

Quote:
I would like to mention as well, that I feel coach Dan Hawkins' conduct did not show the person he truly is, as running up the score and celebrating late PASSING touchdowns, I may add, did not fit my picture of him before the game. I fully admit that his team completely outplayed us, but a veteran coach like Dan should have some sense of sportsmanship.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #10
Rookie

skyler97's Arena

OVR: 1

Where are the rosters?
Atlanta Hawks
Old 02-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #11
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Currently each team has their rosters on their wiki page.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2014, 07:50 PM   #12
Rookie

skyler97's Arena

My tem doesnt have a page
Atlanta Hawks
Old 02-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #13
Rookie

skyler97's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler97
My tem doesnt have a page
BTW Could I change to Atlanta if nobody has it? I kinda want to build up a team? If so I'll start working on my roster and first game tonight and finish tomorrow
Atlanta Hawks
Old 02-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #14
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Bulls Get First Win, But at a Cost
The Calgary Bulls faced off against the Typhoons in Seattle to start the season. The Bulls, led by Coach Ulysses Harrison, came up with a 27-12 win over Seattle. The Calgary defense, led by veteran Rock McCalister, held the Typhoons to only 4 field goals. The Bulls offense was almost perfect, except for one blemish. Starting QB and league MVP in 2011 Ryan Yates dislocated his wrist in the 3rd quarter after a hard hit from encroaching defensive ends. Yates looks to miss this week's practice and is predicted to be out for 4 weeks. Yates was 12/18 for 126 yards and 2 touchdowns before he was replaced by rookie quarterback Phinley Welch out of Stanford University. Welch would go 11/26 and 101 yards 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions. 1st round, 22nd pick receiver Donald Davis caught 2 TD passes in his debut for 78 yards. The only lacking part of the Bulls game was the mystery of the missing run game. Peerless Powell and Leslie Court rushed for a total of 63 yards this game.

The question for next week's game for our Calgary bulls is if 5th round pick rookie QB Phinley Welch will start, or if 10 year veteran Damian Lenard and former NFL QB Mark Brunnell can compete for the starting spot. We'll continue to follow this story here, at the Calgary Herald.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 8

"A new era has begun"

And so began Brisbane Crocs head coach Darren Bennett's post game press conference, after watching the new-look Brisbane Crocs narrowly lose to the Philadelphia Presidents 27-20.

"Whilst we would have loved to give the city of Brisbane a win in their opening home game", continued Bennett. "The effort and strength of this team was apparent from start to finish."

What ultimately became the undoing of the Crocs was losing the turnover battle 4-1, with Brisbane QB Harry Highpants throwing 2 interceptions (along with 1 first quarter TD). Add to that fumbles from backup HB Barry Edna and WR Nick Gonzo, the Crocs seemed to make things easy for the Presidents.

To be continued.....

(once the rosters for both teams are sorted so I can refer to players, etc)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #16
Rookie

harleyhorse8's Arena

ASFL Roleplay thread

Knoxville Whacks Buffalo to Begin Season

KNOXVILLE- The Knoxville Fire got a good start on Sunday, defeating the Buffalo Oxen 30-7. The Fire began rolling in the first quarter when QB Tyler Whitchurch connected on a 13-yard pass to rookie Harold McAllister, who beat Buffalo S Demetrius Daniels to the outside and took it to the house. Later that quarter, Knoxville halfback Quan Mitchell broke free on a read option up the middle. After making it to the second level when former NFL guard Kasey Studdard laid a monster block on Buffalo ILB Matt Ellison, Mitchell stutter-stepped Daniels and ran the remaining yards to the end zone for a 46-yard touchdown.

In the second quarter, Buffalo scored when QB Shawn Taylor scrambled into the end zone following a long gain by running back JuWan McNeil. Knoxville answered back with a field goal on the following possession. However, Daniels's woes continued when he dropped a sure interception that would have seen Knoxville leave the drive empty handed. The teams went into halftime 17-7, Knoxville in the lead.

The action slowed in the third quarter, but Knoxville scored two field goals. After he dropped another pick, Demetrius Daniels was subbed out by Buffalo. Knoxville offensive tackle Nate van Steen went down with an injury. Later in the quarter, Knoxville intercepted Shawn Taylor for the first time. Taylor was trying to hit his tight end Alex Baxter, but Fire CB Tyrell Brown stepped in front of the ball and intercepted it.

To start the fourth quarter, Knoxville was expected to try to run the clock out with Mitchell. However, in a curious play, Whitchurch was intercepted while attempting to throw a bomb for slot receiver Cortez Lewis. Oxen cornerback Ty'reese Hawkins came down with the pick after Whitchurch underthrew the pass. However, Buffalo's offense was not able to get anything going and Taylor's second interception sealed the game. Harold McAllister caught his second TD pass to finish the game.

Stats:

KNX:

Passing- Whitchurch 268 yds, 20/24 passing, 1 INT

Rushing- Mitchell 78 yds, 15 carries, 1 TD

Receiving- McAllister 104 yds, 7 catches, 2 TD, Brady 80 yds, 6 catches, Boehme 61 yds, 4 catches, Lewis 10 yds, 2 catches, Mitchell 7 yds, 1 catch Frederick 6 yds, 1 catch
Defense- Brown 4 ATK, 1 INT, Joseph 6 ATK, 1 INT, Compton 8 ATK, 2 sack

BUF:
Passing- Taylor 164 yds, 10/18 passing, 2 INT
Rushing- McNeil 67 yds, 19 carries, Taylor 25 yds, 3 rushes, 1 TD
Receiving- Young 52 yds, 5 catches, Jantcek 40 yds, 2 catches, McNeil 26 yds, 2 catches, Baxter 20 yds, 1 catch, Michaels 16 yds, 1 catch, Johnson 15 yds, 1 catch, Harries 15 yds, 2 catches
Defense- Ellison 10 ATK, 1 sack, Hawkins 3 ATK, 1 INT, Marshall 5 ATK, 2 sacks

Last edited by harleyhorse8; 02-21-2014 at 12:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »