Home

Duty-Honor-Country: Army Black Knights Football (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Duty-Honor-Country: Army Black Knights Football (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2014, 04:12 AM   #25
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Duty-Honor-Country: Army Black Knights Football (NCAA 14)

Glad to hear you've enjoyed my dynasties!

I'll definitely keep my eye on this, and good luck with rebuilding Army!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #26
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

2014 Army Football Depth Chart (To Start/Subject to Change)

QB- senior Angel Santiago starts, he's an impact player. He's fast. A good runner. Backup- junior AJ Schurr less fast, better arm. Third- sophomore Kelvin White, as fast as Santiago. Throwing needs work.

HB- junior Terry Baggett starts. He’s 6'1, fastest running back on the team, most elusive, best carrier, not great catcher,2nd- senior Trenton Turrentine, 5'9 less, fast, more agile and better acceleration, good spin, juke, good jumper, most durable. Third-junior RS Lawrence Scot, 5’11, less fast, good spin, good route runner, 4th freshman ATH John McCullough, backup MLB but gets snaps at HB/FB, he’s a tank, a trucker. All will see field because Army runs triple option

FB- starter senior Larry Dixon, fast FB, best runner ,trucker of group, not good receiver. 2nd- junior Matt Giachinta , slower, best receiver of group. Third- freshman Paul-Andrew Rhoden, fast, elusive, ok receiver. All should see snaps as Army runs triple option

Top 5 WRs-senior Chevaughn Lawrence 6'3, fastest WR ,elusive, best catcher ,spectacular catch, good catch in traffic, best route runner. Senior Ejay Tucker, 5’11, as fast as Lawrence, better acceleration and agility, yards after catch potential, sophomore Xavier Moss , 6'2, slightly slower, good spin and juke, spectacular catch. Freshman RS Jay Roberson 6'2' slower ,good route runner. Senior RS Cody Jackson former QB ,slower, good acceleration, elusive, good juke, good route runner. Also, junior Justin Newman, 6'3 fast, good acceleration, fundamentals need work.
TE-senior Patrick Laird starts, former WR, 6-3' fastest te, best catcher , good catch in traffic and route running, ,backup FB Matt Giachinta, third TE freshman “ Andre the Giant” Andre Miranda , 6-6 265, good trucker ,good catch in traffic.

O line starters-LT- junior RS Nick Bennett, LG senior Steve Shumaker , C senior Ryan Powlis, RG senior RS Richard Rainey 6-5, RT senior RS Michael Kime

D line starters-Senior LE Ryan Alexander, pretty fast, good pursuit, RE junior Dalton Mendenhall ,good pursuit, DT senior RS Robert Kough, senior Richard Glover , junior TJ Atimalala, junior RS Mike Ugenyi

LOLB- senior RS Thomas Holloway starts, is an impact player, fast, good tackler and hit power, good pursuit, sophomore RS Alex Meier, better tackler, block shedder ,MLB junior RS Gino Debartolo, fast, smart, freshman John McCullough, better tackler, ROLB senior James Kelly

CB- junior Chris Carnegie, fast, good tackler, great hitter, great pursuit, good coverage, RS junior Lamar Johnson-Harri, slightly less fast, smart, good press coverage. Senior Hayden Pierce tall (6’3) Best tackler of group, could be a linebacker..
Senior Issac Winters, 5-, fastest CB , sophomore RS Joey Giovannell

FS- senior Geoffrey Bacon, senior Hayden Pierce, senior Stephen Ricciardi

SS-junior Shaquille “Shaq” Tolbert, 5-9, impact player ,fast, good tackler, Hayden Pierce, LB Alex Meier third string

Kicker- sophomore RS Cale Brewer, Punter junior Daniel Grochowski

Returners- Lamar Johnson- Harri, Trenton Turrentine

Next: The Black Knights kick off the 2014 season after a week 1 bye with a trip to Wake Forest.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 03-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #27
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

I'm sorry for the lack of updates. I spent most of yesterday afternoon trying to get my HD PVR to work so that I can take screenshots and capture highlight videos. I'll write up the Wake Forest game and hopefully the game after that tonight.

I'm also thinking about following Matt10's Pitt dynasty format. In that dynasty, Matt just covers his team. I know most other dynasties do Around the Nation kinds of news, but, to make this easier on myself, I might just cover Army, other than major news.

Last edited by Gronk4M13; 03-25-2014 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
I'm sorry for the lack of updates. I spent most of yesterday afternoon trying to get my HD PVR to work so that I can take screenshots and capture highlight videos. I'll write up the Wake Forest game and hopefully the game after that tonight.

I'm also thinking about following Matt10's Pitt dynasty format. In that dynasty, Matt just covers his team. I know most other dynasties do Around the Nation kinds of news, but, to make this easier on myself, I might just cover Army, other than major news.
Yeah, I make it easier by just covering my team until the end of the 5th week, 10th week and end of regular season.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #29
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Matchup Preview *|* September 1,
@
Army Black Knights
(0-0, 0-0 Away)
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
(1-0, 0-0 Home)
Game Notes
The Army Black Knights kick off the 2014 season after a week one bye, with a trip to Wake Forest. The Demon Deacons have the edge in terms of overall talent, but Army could easily pull off the "upset." Wake Forest running back DeAndre Martin is the workhorse on offense; he ran for 23 attempts and 107 yards last week en route to a road win over UL-Monroe. Quarterback Patrick Thompson threw one touchdown pass, but completed less than half of his passes. Shutting down the run will be crucial for Army in Jeff Monken's debut with the team.

{This game was played on Jarrod's Black Set. After the game, I switched to a slightly bumped up blue set.}

2014 Week 2: Army (0-0) @ Wake Forest (1-0)

Martin runs Wild; Wake Forest beats Army 41-7

It was a nice and sunny day at BB&T Field in North Carolina. The Army Black Knights began the afternoon with an optimistic attitude. This state of mind would quickly diminish.

Army began the game on offense after Lamar Johnson-Harri returned the opening kickoff 23 yards. The Black Knights went nowhere on their opening series, as Wake Forest shut down the running game, and Army had to punt. On one of the first plays of the drive, Army linebacker James Kelly was called for a pass interference foul, when the quarterback threw the ball away. Wake Forest gained 20 yards on an Orville Reynolds catch and run. Reynolds caught another pass for a first down, but Wake Forest settled for a field goal after Shaquille "Shaq" Tolbert deflected a pass in the endzone.

Army put together a better drive then their first time on the field, as Ejay Tucker caught two passes for first downs. However, as seen on the first drive, quarterback Angel Santiago was hit on third down, resulting in an incomplete pass and a punt. DeAndre Martin, running back for the Demon Deacons, ran for 24 yards before rushing for a fifty yard touchdown. After one quarter, Wake Forest led 10-0.

Chris Carnegie intercepted Wake QB Patrick Thompson, but Santiago was hit again, forcing another Army punt. With a short field, Wake Forest drove downfield, and the drive ended with a one yard DeAndre Martin touchdown run. At this point, things spiraled out of control for Army. The Black Knights muffed the ensuing kickoff, Wake recovered and took a field goal. Army began to drive downfield, and even got into Wake Forest territory. However, Angel Santiago scrambled, fumbled, and Wake recovered. Patrick Thompson found Airyn Willis for a short touchdown pass. Needless to say, Wake Forest did a great job of capitalzing on Army's mistakes all day. Wake Forest led 27-0 at the half.

By early in the second half, DeAndre martin had already run for 133 yards. Patrick Ramsey recorded a pick six on AJ Schurr (after Santiago had been benched.) Terry Baggett ran for a touchdown late in the fourth quarter to finally put Army on the scoreboard. Army lost 41-7.

Post Game Press Conference with Army HC Jeff Monken

"One word to sum up this game? Embarrassing. The offense couldn't do anything all game, until the fourth quarter. We couldn't hold on to the ball,our fundamentals were off, and our defense was another story. We just couldn't stop them, at all. Their halfback ran all over us.

Santiago is still our starter. I benched him because he turned the ball over several times . I would do that with any quarterback."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »