Home

Fool's Gold

This is a discussion on Fool's Gold within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Fool's Gold

Hm, Nate Kaeding was clutch. Rodgers looks funny in that pic - but sorry you lost - come on now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #26
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

As I was manually doing the cut-downs during the preseason, I noticed that Urlacher is the only RL MLB on the Bears' roster. There wasn't a spare OLB to change to MLB and the Madden 06 roster was no help- its has LeVar Woods as an OLB and Hunter Hillenmeyer. After coming up with someone by checking the real 2005 roster at http://www.jt-sw.com/football/site-index.html I decided to cross-check the real roster with the downloaded one. And what began a simply loking for a second MLB for the Bears has become a significant undertaking to to all the discrepancies I found on just the Bears:

Add

Jeremy Cain - Still in the league, currently with the Bucs as a long snapper. Listed on the ‘05 Bears roster as a FB/LB. Created him from a UDFA to meet the second MLB requirement.

WR Eddie Berlin - 5 games, 0 starts, which is more time than Airese Curry got. Curry played one game for the Bears, and spent his first two years on IR before going to Canada. Berlin is on the Bears’ Madden 06 roster. Used FA Ron Dixon to create him. Dixon last played in 2003.

LG Steve Edwards - 7 games, 0 starts; on the Bears’ Madden 06 roster. Created from FA Steve Koch. 1 year contract.

WR Carl Ford - 10 games, 0 starts. Played for the Packers in '04 and is on their Madden 06 roster. Used FA Clarence Coleman to create him. Coleman did not play in the NFL after 2004.

FS Chris Harris - Missing from the downloaded roster and Madden 06, the latter probably because he was a 6th round pick. Played in 14 games and started 13. Got his ratings from Madden 07 which made him 73 OVR although he’s 80 in Madden 07. Gave him some bumps to get to 75.

S Brandon McGowan - 8 games, 3 starts. Missing from the download and Madden 06; also omitted from Madden 07. Not enough info to create him and no room on the roster.

FB Jason McKie - 8 games and 2 starts in 2005, then became the Bears’ full-time starter in 2006. Missing from the download but on the Bears’ Madden 06 roster. Used FA Stephen Trejo to create him. Trejo did not play after 2004.

OT John St. Clair - 13 games, 2 starts. Missing from the download. Played for the Dolphins in ‘04 and is on Miami’s Madden 06 roster nd shows up with the Bears in Madden 07. 4 year contract.

CB Chris Thompson - 12 games, 1 start. Was drafted by the Jags in 2004 and he’s on their Madden 06 roster but missing from the download. Used a UDFA to create him.

Delete

LT Rob Droege (did not play for Bears in ‘05, was in NFL Europe). Used him to make John St. Clair.

SS Bobby Gray (released after 2004 season, re-signed in ’05 but never played, out of the league after 2005)

*Kurt Kittner (optional delete; 4th QB, did not play a down in ‘05 and was released in November after Grossman came back from injury). I cut him to clear roster space.

WR Airese Currie - released to create roster space. No games in 2005 (IR), 1 game in 06 (IR), went to CFL in 07. With Eddie Berlin and Carl Ford not on the team in 2006, might put him back on the roster for a “what if”.

K Doug Brien - was replaced by Robbie Gould after 3 games and never played again. I cut him to open a roster spot

Position changes

FS Todd Johnson - SS

I'm going to do this with all 32 teams so there's going to be some down time before I begin the regular season.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:48 PM   #27
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Hm, Nate Kaeding was clutch. Rodgers looks funny in that pic - but sorry you lost - come on now!
Game ball for Kaeding. Defense got easier after LT was out of the game. Should have been a W. Rodgers' pick was in the red zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »