Home

The Coaching Career of Graham Harrell. (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on The Coaching Career of Graham Harrell. (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #41
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Coaching Career of Graham Harrell. (NCAA 14)

photo ncaa-football-logo_zps09ee6ea6.jpg

Around The League: Preseason (February 2014)
Top Story
Johnny Manzial to go number one overall to QB needy Raiders?
Draft experts are predicting the 2-13 Oakland Raiders to snag the talented but controversial former Aggie QB Johnny Manzial. Manzial would be an instant upgrade to a position that featured QB's Trevor Pryor and Matt McGloin last season. "Johnny would be an excellent addition to the team," General Manager Reggie McKenzie said, "But we also have other areas of need that can be upgraded with that pick." Time will soon tell what the Raiders will do but one thing is for certain, The two time Heisman winner will not have to wait long to hear his name be called.

Alabama Running Back arrested for possession
Junior Alabama Running Back, T.J Yeldon was arrested last night and charged with the possession of an illegal substance. Yeldon was driving home when a cop pulled him over for going 15 miles over the speed limit. When the officer investigated, he saw the bag of marijuana and arrested him immediately. In Alabama, possession of marijuana for personal use is a misdemeanor and carries a $6,000 fine and a possible one year jail sentence. The University of Alabama sent out this statement today:

We are disappointed to hear about what happened. The University of Alabama will investigate this matter and gain all the facts and will deal with T.J in a manner that is appropiate.

Yeldon, who rushed for 1357 yards and 13 touchdowns last season, is a key piece to an Alabama offense with SEC Championship and National Championship aspirations. If Yeldon is suspended, it could hurt those chances greatly.

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers

Last edited by TheOtherPotterGuy; 06-05-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #42
Master of Disguise

photo Logo_zpsa616b55e.jpg

Cougars Offense a Disaster During Annual Crimson and Grey Spring Game

Pullman,WA-Fans eager to see new offensive coordinator Graham Harrell's offense were sorely disappointed.

"It was like watching two warring siblings out there", Long time fan Steve Greyson said referring to Coaches Leach and Harrell, "It was pathetic and I hope they get their act together before the season starts."

The game began peacefully enough. Harrell and Senior QB Connor Halliday led a 6 play, 74 yard drive down field to the defense's 10 yard line. Halliday was 4-4 for 48 yards and running backs Marcus Mason and Teondray Caldwell combined for 26 yards on the ground. Then on the next play, Halliday rolled out on a play action and threw the ball into the end zone where it was intercepted by senior CB Tracy Clark. "It was a great play by Clark," Halliday said. "He read the play perfectly and snatched the ball away." Coach Leach however thought it was inexcusable.

On the next offensive series, Harrell would call out a play which would be overruled by Leach. "This is Graham's first time ever being in charge of play calling duties," said Leach talking to reporters on the way to the locker room, "There is going to be some growing pains and some mistakes and that is why I'am here."

The problem is the plays Leach was calling were from his playbook which confused the players leading to 4 more interceptions, 2 fumbles and 98 yards of total offense. "Right now Coach Leach is proving to his critics that he had no intention of giving up his offensive duties after he was pressured into making a change after a sub par season," said PAC 12 analyst Cameron Thompson, "By doing so, he is not only hurting Harrell, but he will hurt his team in the process."

The beginning of the season is still several months away, but for the WSU Cougars if things dont change soon, its going to be a long year.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #43
Master of Disguise

photo journalentry_zps611eabdb.jpg

March 28th, 2014

What a disaster. I knew I was on a short leash, but holy cow I did not expect Coach Leach to just take over like that. Even worse he was calling plays from his playbook which just confused the entire offense. The media is loving this. We have been ESPN's top story for a couple of weeks now and its not good publicity. After the game I talked for Coach Leach for several hours. He finally backed off a little bit and is letting me do my thing but I know now that I am under the microscope.

I gathered the entire offense together to let them know that this was just an anomaly and that I will continue calling plays and we will be using my playbook. I am not sure if they believe me but they are feeling the pressure to succeed as well. Afterwards, the QB's Connor and Austin pulled me aside and told me that they were playing for me and that they will follow everything I said. That was really reassuring because Connor has grown to be the leader of this team and with his support, hopefully this team can come together and play like a champion.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #44
Master of Disguise

Around The League: Preseason (May 2014)
Top Story

Alabama Suspends Running Back T.J Yeldon indefinitely
In a move that many saw coming, Alabama has suspended Junior Running Back T.J Yeldon for the 2014 season indefinitely. This is a huge blow to an Alabama team looking to contend this year. Yeldon was arrested a couple months ago for possession of marijuana. While he did not go to jail, Yeldon still had to pay an undisclosed fine. "Its very disappointing, " said Yeldon and a statement released through his lawyer, "I made a stupid mistake and now I am paying the consequences. The University of Alabama had no choice and I respect that. All I can do now is stay in shape, support the team and hope I can come back soon." The University of Alabama had no comment.

Johnny Manzial goes Number One to Oakland
Johnny "Football" is heading to the black hole! After months of speculation, the Oakland Raiders surprised no one with their selection of Texas A&M QB Johnny Manzial with the number one pick. "I am very excited to be an Oakland Raider," Manzial told Deion Sanders after he was picked, "Its a dream of every kid to be drafted into the NFL and to go number one is an honor. Now its time to get that money and bring a super bowl to Oakland!"

The first round saw a total of 11 QB's go off the board. "Its a pass happy league," said NFL Draft expert Mike Mayock, "Every team is looking for that franchise QB who will lead your team to the championship." Round one also had some interesting trades. The Cincinnati Bengals traded back into the first round to take Michigan Tackle Taylor Lewan at number 30 after taking Miami QB Stephen Morris at number 8. The Miami Dolphins improved their offense immensely with the selection of Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater at number 2 and Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks at number 28. South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney slipped to the Baltimore Ravens at number 16. Here is all the picks of the first round last night:

NFL Draft - Round 1 Recap
PickTeamPlayerPosHtWt
1Oakland RaidersJohnny Manzial (Texas A&M)QB6'0207
2Miami DolphinsTeddy Bridgewater (Louisville)QB6'2214
3New York GiantsEric Ebron (North Carolina)TE6'4250
4Pittsburgh SteelersJoel Bitonio (Nevada)T6'4302
5St.Louis RamsMarcus Mariota (Oregon)QB6'4220
6Carolina PanthersVinnie Sunseri (Alabama)SS5'11210
7Arizona CardinalsZach Mettenberger (LSU)QB6'5224
8Cincinnati Bengals Stephen Morris (Miami)QB6'2213
9New York JetsAnthony Barr (UCLA)OLB6'5255
10San Diego ChargersJustin Gilbert (OK State)CB6'0202
11Houston TexansTajh Boyd (Clemson)QB6'1222
12Indianapolis ColtsJason Verrett (TCU)CB5'9189
13St.Louis RamsAaron Donald (Pitt)DT6'1285
14Jacksonville JaguarsKevin Pierre-Louis (Boston College)OLB6'0232
15San Francisco 49ersLamarcus Joyner (Florida State)CB5'8184
16Baltimore RavensJadeveon Clowney (South Carolina)DE6'5274
17Kansas City ChiefsMarqise Lee (USC)WR6'0192
18Tampa Bay BuccaneersDee Ford (Auburn)DE6'2251
19Detriot LionsKelvin Benjamin (Florida State)WR6'5240
20Dallas CowboysLouis Nix lll (Notre Dame)DT6'2331
21Cleveland BrownsLogan Thomas (Virginia Tech)QB6'6248
22Detroit LionsRyan Shazier (Ohio State)OLB6'1237
23Denver BroncosKeith Price (Washington)QB6'1202
24Philadelphia EaglesDerek Carr (Fresno State)QB6'2214
25Chicago BearsDemarcus Lawrence (Boise State)DE6'3251
26Buffalo BillsKa'Deem Carey (Arizona)HB5'9207
27Green Bay PackersNick O'Leary (Florida State)TE6'3238
28Miami DolphinsBrandin Cooks (OR State)WR5'10189
29Tennessee TitansA.J McCarron (Alabama)QB6'3220
30Cincinnati Bengals Taylor Lewan (Michigan)T6'7309
31New England PatriotsBrendon Kay (Cincinnati)QB6'4233
32Atlanta FalconsTre Mason (Auburn)HB5'8207

Old 06-05-2014, 12:56 PM   #45
Master of Disguise

photo PAC12Logo_zps65180f05.jpg

Season Preview
Can Oregon repeat as Conference Champs?
Oregon is attempting to repeat as conference champs without their 2013 All American QB Marcus Mariota who went to the NFL. Oregon will start Sophomore Jake Rodrigues who will play his first ever college game against Wyoming. Rodrigues will need help from All American running back Byron Marshall and Junior wide receiver Bralon Addison to make it back to the championship game. To make it back, they will have to go through several PAC 12 powerhouse teams who have lost QB's to the NFL. Washington lost Keith Price and will start Sophomore Jeff Lindquist, and UCLA lost Brett Hundley and will start Sophomore Jerry Neuheisel.

PAC 12 Championship game moved to Hawaii
PAC 12 commissioner Larry Scott announced today that the PAC 12 championship game will be played in Hawaii this season. "This is a wonderful opportunity for us," said Scott, "Not only will players and coaches enjoy going to a beautiful location to play a championship game, but it will be a good chance to extend our influence to our brothers and sisters on the big island." There had been rumors that the PAC 12 was seriously considering admitting Hawaii to the conference. Depending on the outcome of this upcoming season, some believe that the PAC 12 will swap Colorado for Hawaii.

Here is a look at the PAC 12 preseason predictions:

1. #5 Oregon
2. #6 Washington
3. #7 USC
4. #15 Arizona State
5. Stanford
6. UCLA
7. Utah
8. Oregon State
9. Arizona
10. Washington State
11. California
12. Colorado

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #46
Master of Disguise

photo Logo_zpsa616b55e.jpg

Cougar Fans Not Expecting Much This Season

Pullman,WA- It's a tale of two very different seasons.

Last year, Cougar fans and players had high hopes and were optimistic about the coming season. After starting the season 0-2, those hopes vanished. This year, Cougar fans are anxious and nervous for this new season after a very public rift between offensive coordinator Graham Harrell and head coach Mike Leach during the spring game and another rough schedule with three road games at Idaho, BYU, and UCLA during the month of September. "All y'all guys worry to dang much," said Coach Leach after a practice, "I believe in these kids, I know they will play well and I believe Graham is on the right track with them." When asked if Leach would take control of the offense if Harrell struggles, Leach deflected the question, "We like to keep it interesting, cant have our opponents know our game plan now can we?"

After boasting that his team can go to Auburn and Los Angeles and beat USC and the Tigers on the road last year, Leach has been noticeably quieter this time around. With Washington State sitting near the bottom of the polls and with Leach possibly on the hot seat, there is not a lot to boast about.

Offensive Coordinator Graham Harrell the subject of intense scrutiny during the preseason had nothing but praise for his offense. "I expect great things from this offense," He said, "Halliday has embraced his role as the leader of this team and I see this offense being able to contend with the powerhouses of this conference and possibly this country."

With an offense that scored an average of 20 points a game last season and ranked near the bottom in passing yards and rushing yards, some are skeptical that any improvement will happen.

On the other side of the ball, the defense is once again coming into the season as one of the worst on paper. "Whats on paper and what happens in real life are two completely different things," said defensive coordinator Mike Brenske, "These kids are capable of big things and if they work together we can win games."

Right now the coaches are only telling the fans what they want to hear. With the public rift between Harrell and Leach and with a demanding schedule, there are few signs of hope for this team. The Cougars will open up the 2014 season on August 30th, with a home game against Wisconsin.

Here is a look at the WSU Cougars 2014 schedule:

Washington State University Cougars 2014 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Aug 30vs Wisconsin Badgers
Sep 6at Idaho Vandals
Sep 13at BYU Cougars
Sep 20at UCLA Bruins
Sep 27vs Colorado Buffalos
Oct 4at Stanford Cardinal
Oct 18vs California Golden Bears
Oct 25vs Arizona Wildcats
Nov 1at Arizona State Sun Devils
Nov 15at Oregon Ducks
Nov 22vs Oregon State Beavers
Nov 29vs Washington Huskies

Here is your 2014 Washington State University Cougars starters. Six true freshman will play this season, TE Cameron Broussard, FB Victor Jackson, T Ben Randall, CB Chad Perry, K Jeremy Davis, and P James Neal:

Washington State University Cougars Depth Chart - 2014
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRGabe Marks (88)Dom Williams (85)
TEKristoff Williams (84)Cameron Broussard (64)
LTGunnar Eklund (84)Pierson Villarrubia (80)
LGJoe Dahl (85)
CDenzell Dotson (75)Carlos Freeman (74)
RGCole Madison (81)
RTBen Randall (77)
WRRickey Galvin (88)Bobby Ratliff (85)
QBConnor Halliday (96)Austin Apodaca (75)Tyler Bruggman (75)
FBVictor Jackson (75)
HBMarcus Mason (83)Teondray Caldwell (82)Jeremiah Laufasa (80)
Base 4-3 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDEXavier Cooper (86)Robert Barber (78)
LDTKalafitoni Pole (86)Daniel Ekuale (74)
RDTMoritz Christ (82)
RDEDestiny Vaeao (83)Darryl Paulo (78)
WLBKache Palacio (78)Ivan Mclennan (77)
MLBDarryl Monroe (85)Chester Su'a (77)
SLBCyrus Coen (83)Jeremiah Allison (77)
CBTracy Clark (79)Alex Jackson (75)
SSDavid Buchannon (80)
FSTaylor Taliulu (82)
CBDaquawn Brown (79)Chad Perry (69)
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KJeremy Davis (72)
PJames Neal (62)

Last edited by TheOtherPotterGuy; 06-05-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #47
Master of Disguise

photo journalentry_zps611eabdb.jpg

August 21st, 2014

Thank goodness opening day is just around the corner. There is nothing worse then sitting around waiting for game day while the media rips you and your team apart. Coach Leach has stuck to his word and is not over ruling me in practice. The kids look great. Halliday has really stepped it up this season. The Halliday to Galvin connection was good last year but I expect it to be amazing this year. My dark horse MVP for the offense this year though has to be Tight End Kristoff Williams. I know Tight Ends are not usually a big part of an offense but this kid has been special this preseason. He has great speed, good hands, and great route running abilities. He still struggles in the blocking game but he has really improved.

Like last year, this year I am in charge of recruiting on the offensive side while Mike Brenske is in charge of the defensive side. Our offense this season is very young so there is not a whole lot of needs but with Halliday being a senior, QB becomes a priority this year on the recruiting trail. There is not a lot of QB's that pop out at first glance. Right now I just have Antwan Turner from Downey, CA on my board. He has good arm strength but struggles with reading coverages and accuracy. I also have another tight end, Patrick Lee from Lafayette, IN. He has great speed and hands but struggles with route running and blocking. My "gem" of the board is Center Rasheed Scott from Stanford, CA. He is the number one center in the class and he has great run and pass blocking skills. I plan on visiting him after the Wisconsin game.

Home life has been stressful here lately. My fiance is trying her best to plan this wedding but its hard for her when she is away from all our family and friends back in Texas and with me working all the time. Its also been hard for her to here my name being scrutinized in the media constantly. I was thinking about possibly suggesting she go live in Texas this season. Maybe things will be easier for her there.

Last edited by TheOtherPotterGuy; 06-11-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #48
Master of Disguise

Around The League: 2014 Season Preview

Top Story

Auburn Looking to Repeat as National Champs
Heisman Hopeful QB Nick Marshall and his Auburn Tigers are looking to repeat as SEC and National Champions this season. Second year Head Coach Gene Malzahn are optimistic as Auburn will return a good majority of their players this year. With rival Alabama dealing with the suspension of their star running back, there doesnt seem to be many teams that can stop this excellent Auburn team.

ESPN's Behind The Helmet Series Picks New Candidate
ESPN has announced today that the player they will feature in their season long segment will be Utah State QB Chuckie Keeton. Keeton is coming of an excellent 2013 season where he threw for 2941 yards and 32 touchdowns. "Keeton is a great story," said host Rob Lawrence, "His playing style is reminiscent of Johnny Manzial and he has a great background story. Viewers are going to love him this season." It is surprising that ESPN will feature a player on a team few people know about instead of someone like Braxton Miller at Ohio State, or Nick Marshall at Auburn. However, Keeton is a good underdog story and it will make for great television.

Conference Realignment Rumors Gain Steam
The rumors that the NCAA is looking at total conference realignment gained some credence today with the announcement that all the conference commissioners will meet with President Mark Emmert today. "It is a meeting to discuss scheduling rivalries and finances, nothing more." said an adviser for Emmert. However, fans and other experts are speculating that the NCAA will entertain the idea of realignment with the rumor that the PAC 12 is looking to add Hawaii and the Big 10 Notre Dame. It remains to be seen whether any changes will occur but for right now the NCAA is doing their best to dispel any and all rumors.

Heisman Watch

For the second year in a row, QB's dominate the Heisman Watch during the preseason. Newcomers Trevone Boykin from TCU, and Chuckie Keeton from Utah State are hoping to lead their teams to a championship. Michigan State running back Jeremy Langford is the only back on the list.

Heisman Watch - Updated: Aug 27, 2014
NAMEPOSSCHOOLSEASON STATS
Trevone BoykinQBTCU
Chuckie KeetonQBUtah State
Jeremy LangfordHBMichigan State
Braxton MillerQBOhio State
Nick MarshallQBAuburn

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »