Home

A Revival | Cheese's Expansion Team Franchise

This is a discussion on A Revival | Cheese's Expansion Team Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #1

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
A Revival | Cheese's Expansion Team Franchise

NFL News and Rumors

Lions | Organization and Players Indicted on Federal Charges
10 April 2011

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Ford family along with many prominent members of the Detroit Lions have been indicted after a three year investigation into drug trafficking and doping within the organization. Federal investigators, in charges submitted to a grand jury just days ago, claim that "over the past three seasons, the organization has knowingly doped players with a synthetic steroid, manufactured in the city of Detroit. This drug, which we are calling 'Steroid X' violates numerous laws on both state and federal levels. It targets neuromuscular receptors. At this time we cannot release any further information."

Despite the numerous legal charges the NFL owners and commissioner Roger Goodell called an emergency meeting to discuss the league image and violations. "We are shocked and disheartened by the actions of the Detroit Lions. The NFL takes great pride in its image and the role model it sets for the country. While we recognize that the decision is not fair to all parties involved, we cannot be sure of which players were involved and thus at this time the Detroit Lions, all coaches, and players are indefinitely suspended from the league until the legal process can be completed. This is a dark day for the NFL and its fans," said Goodell.

Michigan | State Lobbying for an NFL Team in Michigan
10 April 2011

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that D.J. Clayton has approached the NFL and the commissioner about the possibility of starting an expansion team in the state to replace the loss of the Lions. Clayton has been a prominent face within the football world for the past five years. He has coached at both the collegiate and professional level. He was also briefly a part time share holder within the Buffalo Bills organization and the athletic director for Virginia Tech. He is widely considered to be one of the brightest young minds in the sport and good friends with commissioner, Roger Goodell.

"The state of Michigan is a proud and historical state. It has been involved with the NFL and its growth since the very beginning. To deprive this state of a chance to compete and be a part of the league would be unjust and unfair to fans who have already suffered so much in light of recent events. I have the means. All I need is the NFL's blessing to begin the process of starting a new organization. An organization built on integrity and hard work, values that all Michigan-ers share and are ready to embrace again," said Clayton in a brief press statement.

Clayton who was born in Buffalo and currently resides in Virginia, has extensive family ties to Michigan. Both his parents currently work at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. Clayton declined to indicate what city he would like to place this new expansion franchise team in.

Author's Note: Welcome to my Madden 12 Expansion Team Franchise. I know I have been gone a long time from the 'chising world but when I was looking for a hobby, something to pass the time between clinic shadowing, I realized I again wanted to try my hand at this. I realize I am pretty much turning into the "Brett Favre" with the number of failed comeback attempts I have pulled.

I decided to go back to Madden 12 as I thought it ran pretty smoothly while having many of the franchise features I loved like the ability to "Import a Draft Class." This will be completely different than anything I have ever done both in the project and the pace. Gone are the days I could sit down for an entire summer and camp out in front of the Xbox with a Mountain Dew. I have a lot of professional demands, a regular gym schedule, and a girlfriend who I live with. This franchise will move at a slow pace, but longevity and fun are the paramount goals here. I hope you enjoy. More posts will follow explaining how everything will work.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #2

Cheese2121's Arena

Re: A Revival | Cheese's Expansion Team Franchise

Franchise Rule Book

Personal Statement
This franchise will be as realistic as I can possibly make it. I have chosen to make a team from scratch because I believe there can be no greater challenge. I am, in truth, a diehard Falcons fan. A lot of the formatting for this franchise will be similar to DeeGeezy's Bengals. I give him all the credit for giving me the great ideas. As I said in the prologue, sometimes updates could be very slow due to school and my real life. Don't expect lots of games to be churned out quickly. I would much rather take my time. This report will be about quality before quantity. Please don't bash others in my thread. I welcome criticism as always but I would like not to have arguments and such going on in here. I am a very laid back guy and am not here to argue/fight with anyone. I would love to hear your opinions/criticisms but I don't want people getting attacked on my thread. This is for fun, let's try to keep it that way. Thank you for following and once again welcome and I hope you enjoy.

Franchise Settings

Game:Madden 12 on Xbox 360
Skill Level: Custom
Sliders: Jarrod21's Blue Set (may be moved to black if too easy)
Quarter Length: 15 minutes (with 25 second run off)
Game Speed: Normal
Speed Threshold: 0
Injury Slider: 35
Penalty Sliders: 65
Rosters: 2012 Season
NFL Drafts: Will Be Imported from “A Rising Storm in the North”
ALL MICHIGAN GAMES (including preseason WILL BE PLAYED NO SIMMING

*You will notice, I have no rules like I have in past years, with Madden's new expanded roster and cut system a lot of the previous rules I used for controlling roster size are obsolete. Rules may later be added as I get a better feel for the new system.

Franchise Expansion Rules

1. For the first season, all members of the team will be acquired from available free agents. I will create a team, import them (replacing the Lions) and then drop all the "cupcake" created players before filling it strictly from the free agent wire.

2. In order to keep this realistic, I will limit the number of quality players that I can take. It would be too easy to fill a team with very good free agents and compete instantly. This is not how this process will work.
a. Only 2 players with an 80+ rating may be added to the inaugural team.
b. Only 5 players with a 70+ rating may be added.
c. Only 15 of the 75 players on the preseason roster may be rookies.
3. No created players from the "cupcake roster" may be kept.

4. Overall, an attempt at realism will be maintained at all times.

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 05-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #3

Cheese2121's Arena

GM D.J. Clayton's Career Record: (0-0)
Division Titles: 0
NFC Championships: 0
Super Bowls: 0

Michigan Draft Classes

2012:

Michigan Individual Players Honors/Awards

2011:

Hall of Fame Inductee's

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 05-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #4

Cheese2121's Arena

NFL Yearly News

Michigan History:
Code:
Year 	Record	Result	Final Ranking

Super Bowl Winner:

2011:

NFL MVP:

2011:

Offensive Rookie of the Year:

2011:

Defensive Rookie of the Year:

2011:

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)

Last edited by Cheese2121; 06-24-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #5

Cheese2121's Arena

Safe to post if you like! Thank you all!

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #6

Cheese2121's Arena

Updated: April 12, 2011 4:43 PM

The Lansing Phoenix will be the NFL's 32nd franchise taking the place of the condemned Detroit Lions.

A Revival in the State of Michigan

By John Clayton
ESPN.com
Archive

City:
Lansing, Michigan -- After the urging and very large bid from football mogul, D.J. Clayton, the NFL has been restored to the state of Michigan. The capital of the state and near to Michigan State, Lansing was the obvious choice for the home of the new NFL franchise. First settled in the 1790's the metropolitan now boasts a population of over half a million residents and is considered one of the up and coming metropolises.

Logo:
Phoenix -- A poetic choice for a state looking to emerge from the ashes of what was the disastrous scandal that burnt through it following the demise of the Detroit Lions. "I wanted something that could symbolize rebirth, passion, integrity, and a willingness to fight through the fire," said owner Clayton.

Uniforms:
(Home on the left, Away on the Right)

Information from ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 05-28-2014, 09:48 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

First post!!

Good to see you, Cheese. This is exciting to say the least. Question from a possible M25 (old gen) consumer - why we going with Madden12?
Old 05-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #8
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Following, hopefully this one sticks. I too have had several failed comeback attempts , and am hoping my latest franchise sticks.

Yankees: #AllRise

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »