Home

NCAA 14 Coaching Dynasty (PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Coaching Dynasty (PS3) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #49
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 Coaching Dynasty (PS3)

I knew Fresno State wasn't going to beat Ohio State :P.

Are you going to post your final recruiting class??
Old 08-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #50
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlegend0208
I knew Fresno State wasn't going to beat Ohio State :P.

Are you going to post your final recruiting class??
Yeah, Fresno State definitely came out flat. I am going to post my recruiting class in full along with the rest of the off-season stuff all as one big update. Didn't feel like rewriting stuff I had made in my notes, but luckily my notes look decent enough to just copy.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:12 PM   #51
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 11:46 PM   #52
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Front page info under the spoilers tab have all been updated.

I'm going to put this here because I thought I added this somewhere before, but here is the final standings and stats from the 2013 season:

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 08-08-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #53
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Old 08-08-2014, 05:42 PM   #54
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2

Enjoyed reading through your first season. I always like starting with a "bad" team and trying to work my way up. Personally, I would've loved a 3-9 season lol. Decent recruiting class, that Juco HB should help you out!
Old 08-08-2014, 08:27 PM   #55
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Perry
Enjoyed reading through your first season. I always like starting with a "bad" team and trying to work my way up. Personally, I would've loved a 3-9 season lol. Decent recruiting class, that Juco HB should help you out!
Definitely excited to have Sean Scott on the team. I wish I could do situation formation subs so that I could have Scott, Gerald Howse and Ronnie Bell on the field when I want to run the triple option. I want to use Bell for that purpose, but I'm unsure if his passing accuracy will make him a better overall fit at QB than Ben McLane. I'm planning to start Bell at first and depending on how things go have McLane come in. I "medically" redshirted Chastain only because it felt weird having probably the better passer of the 3 get left in the dust ratings wise with Bell and McLane's OVR increase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #56
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

2014 Team Preview

Atlanta, GA -- Georgia State enters its second season as a member of FBS. After a 3-9 mark last season, the Panthers will hope to maintain their upward path for success despite having 24 players graduate.

Quarterback

All three quarterbacks saw action last season, entering this season it was anyone's race. However during spring football, junior Clay Chastain tore his ACL and will be medically redshirted leaving a two man battle between redshirt juniors Ben McLane and Ronnie Bell. McLane has the better arm but Bell is more mobile and was able to earn the starting position to open the season. Head Coach Trent Miles has said that McLane will still have a chance to see reps.

Running Back

Despite Travis Evans and Paris Lee graduating, Georgia State will still be able to employ a multiple back offense thanks to bringing in JUCO Sean Scott. He will split carries with senior Gerald Howse, while redshirt freshman Kyler Neal will supplement them here and there. Duvall Smith returns for his senior season at fullback, while freshman John Kennedy will redshirt and take his role next season.

Wide Receiver/Tight End

Senior Lynquez Blair is the only wide receiver returning that caught a pass last season - and he only caught 12. Chris Black transferred from Alabama and would immediately be the #1 guy but will have to sit out for a season. Black was the #2 receiver in the nation as a high school recruit, behind only Dorial Green-Backham. Therefore, junior Avery Sweeting and Blair will line up as wideouts with senior Nathaniel Minor and redshirt freshman Tyshaun Clemons taking the slot positions. No one is expected to stand out as this position and the lack of playmakers here could hinder Georgia State.
5th-year senior Drew Pearson will returning as the starting tight end, but will have some great backups in fellow upperclassmen Joel Ruiz and Alex Smith. Redshirt juniors Sean Jeppeson and Kesean Peterson are not expected to see the field this year but will probably have leading roles next year.

Offensive Line

While guard Tim Wynn is the only lineman that started last year and did not graduate, he won't be among the starting five this season as redshirt freshman Brandon Pertile will start in his spot instead. Joining Pertile will be redshirt sophomores Garrett Gorringe and Davis Moore, senior Ronald Martin, and true freshman Terrell Carter. Development will be key here and Georgia State signed seven offensive lineman in the offseason and hope to improve from the 27 sacks they allowed last season.

Defensive Line

Familiar faces line up on the defensive front as redshirt seniors John Kelly, Nermin Delic and junior Melvin King return. King lead the Panthers in sacks last season with nine, while Kelly and Delic combined for six more. Redshirt senior Marcus Stetzer will join Delic at the defensive tackle position while Kelly and King will sit outside. Expect senior George Rogers to be involved in the rotation.

Linebackers

Leading tackler Joseph Peterson highlights the list of returning players on the defensive side of the ball. Peterson was tied for fifth in the nation in tackles last season, and he still has two more seasons to develop and become more threatening. Joining Peterson will be fifth-year senior Jarrell Robinson (47 tackles, 5.0 sacks) and redshirt freshman Kight Dallas. Senior Robert Smith will look to see playing time here as well, as he recorded 10 tackles last season.

Secondary

Similar to the receivers, a lot of talent left and the best player available has to sit out a season per transfer rules. Redshirt freshman Kamryn Melton came from Auburn and will have to wait a season before being unleashed upon the Sun Belt. With Melton on the sidelines, freshmen Mike Carter and Rod Jones will start from day one. Redshirt sophomore Myles Morris will be the #1 guy, while Carter and Jones alternate between the #2 and the nickelback. Fellow redshirt sophomore Chris Jenkins will see action in dime packages, while freshmen Marcus Richardson and Jake Hayford will wait in the wings.
Fifth-year senior Jamal May will start at free safety, while two freshman will redshirt and develop for next season. Ladarion Young will return and start at strong safety, beating out senior CJ Scott and giving Georgia State some form of experience in the secondary. Pass-happy teams will probably have a field day against these guys.

Special Teams

Junior Will Lutz returns to be the starting kicker for the Panthers, while Matt Hubbard will play out his senior season as the starting punter. Georgia State signed Blake Williams as injury insurance as well as having someone prepared to start next season for Hubbard. Halfback Sean Scott and corner Myles Morris will handle the kick and punt return duties.

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 08-08-2014 at 11:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »