Home

NCAA 14 Coaching Dynasty (PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Coaching Dynasty (PS3) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #1
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
NCAA 14 Coaching Dynasty (PS3)

Dynasty Rules
System: Playstation 3
Rosters: I don't remember the name
Difficulty: Heisman
Recruiting Difficulty: Heisman
Sliders: Charter04's Heisman Sliders (w/ small tweaks)

Recruiting Rules
- I must allow all transfers out and accept all transfers in (as long as transfers in don't exceed roster limit)
- I cannot exceed 70 player roster limit through recruiting. Once I hit 70 players, I am no longer allowed to recruit any new players
- I must attempt to maintain home state and at least 2 neighboring states as pipeline states
- I am allowed to recruit any player higher than my limitations if they have my school as #1 before adding them to my list
- I can only offer scholarships if the player has my school as #1 on their list of schools.
- No scouting until after player has signed. Therefore, no recruiting can be done during preseason
(Added at the end of Season 4)
- For 1, 2, and 3* schools, I can only sign recruits 2* higher than my school ranking equal to the number of wins in the previous season. Example, if I am at a 1* school and last season finished 5-7, I can only sign 5 3* recruits.
- Exclusions to recruiting rules only apply when recruit has my school as #1 choice (any ranking), Top 3 (2* higher than school prestige), and Top 8 (1* higher than school prestige)
- I cannot offer scholarships to players of non-need until players of need have all been signed (if I have 3 CBs and 3 QBs on the roster, I must sign 2 more CBs before I can offer any QB a scholarship).

Rules vary based on prestige of school (see below)
1* - Can recruit 1* anywhere, 2* in neighboring states, and 3* in home state
2* - Can recruit 2* anywhere, 3* in neighboring states, and 4* in home state
3* - Can recruit 3* anywhere, 4* in neighboring states, and 5* in home state
4* - Can recruit 4* anywhere, 5* in neighboring and home states
5* - Can recruit 5* anywhere (while maintaining pipelines)
6* - Same as 5*

Coaching Skill Trees Rules
I will not add any skills to my coach until the period between my last game of the season and the beginning of the regular season. I personally dislike some of the power-ups so I don't want to use them, but raising the Skill Tree number raises my coach prestige and allows me to get better offers - at least I believe so.

Scheduling Rules (added after Season 4)
- Non-BCS conference schools must maintain a minimum schedule difficulty of C or C+
- BCS conference schools must maintain a schedule difficulty of A or A+
- Scheduling permitting, out of conference games against teams of equal stature (BCS school vs BCS school, non BCS vs non BCS) must be a home-and-home series
- As a BCS school, winning a conference championship allows for neutral site games to be scheduled next season
- Winning the conference means ALL non conference opponents next season (schedule/schedule difficulty permitting) must also be conference champions.

Coaching Progression Rules (added during Season 5)
I want this to be a slow burn, to see if I can play a 60 year dynasty and make something memorable for not just me but for anyone who views this. So here are the thresholds which I must reach in order to move up in the coaching ranks.

- The first contract must be completed in full, unless fired
- Any contract extensions must be completed at least halfway before accepting any offers (ex. If I accept a 4 year extension, I can't leave for at least two seasons)
- I can only accept a contract extension when there is one year left on my contract
- If I leave for an OC/DC job, I cannot stay in the same conference as previous school
- To accept a head coaching job, I must achieve the following:
1 star school: Finish in Top 40 of total offensive/defensive (depending on OC/DC) ranking nationally
2 star school: Above & Bowl win
3 star school: Above & Conference Championship
4 star school: Above & Finish in Top 25 (both in polls and total off/def ranking nationally)
5 star school: Above & Finish with a Top 25 recruiting class
6 star school: Above & win a BCS bowl game/New Year's Six game
- All rules can be ignored if offer comes from alma mater (Virginia Tech)

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 12-09-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #2
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Re: NCAA 14 Coaching Dynasty (PS3)

COACHING HISTORY
Spoiler

YEARLY RECAPS
Spoiler

AWARD WINNERS
Spoiler

BOWL GAME RESULTS
Spoiler

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 06-02-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #3
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

GEORGIA STATE BRINGS IN NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

Atlanta, GA -- Georgia State AD Cheryl Levick announced today that Tyrell Coley will be the new offensive coordinator for their football program. The announcement comes days after the Panthers previous coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski stepped down from his position due to illness. Coley is known by relatively few in the college football circuits, previously employed as the wide receiviers/quarterbacks coach at Virginia Tech.

"It's a honor to be here." said Coley. "I'm glad to be a member of this staff and be a part of a program looking to make history."

Coley was a member of the Hokies football team as a walk-on for three seasons before joining the coaching staff. Under the tutelage and recommendation of Hokies offensive coordinator Bryan Stinespring, Coley will be share playcalling duties alongside head coach Trent Miles.

"There's a lot of pressure to be held with the position this program is in, being a new school in the FBS looking to make a name for ourselves. But the challenge is something I'm sure everyone here is looking forward to."

The Panthers offense returns nine starters to a squad that only scored 17.4 points per game and put the team to a -20 turnover differential in just their third season playing football. The season ended with a 1-10 record, only defeatng FCS opponent Rhode Island. Georgia State has only played nine games in its existence against current FBS schools (3 against Old Dominion, 2 against each South Alabama and UTSA, Tennessee, and Alabama); and are 1-8 in those games.

Georgia State opens the season August 29th at home against FCS opponent Samford.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #4
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

2013 Georgia State Panthers Team Preview
Head Coach: Trent Miles (1st Year/ 1st Overall)
Offensive Coordinator: Tyrell Coley (1st Year/ 1st Overall)
Defensive Coordinator: Jesse Minter (1st Year/ 1st Overall)

OFFENSE

Quarterback

RS-SO Ben McLane (71), RS-SO Ronnie Bell (70), SO Clay Chastain (68)

There is no clear cut favorite for the Panthers signal caller as the season approaches. McLane holds the current edge simply because he was behind center for the majority of last season. Completing 51% of his passes for 1,592 yards with 10 touchdowns and 11 intereceptions, McLane commanded an offense thaty only score 17.4 points a contest and had 314 yards of offense per game. Ronnie Bell, who transferred from Ohio, started two games and threw for 522 yards but threw 10 interceptions to just 3 touchdowns. Both quarterbacks are competing with junior college transfer Clay Chastain who threw for 1,907 yards and a 20-7 TD-INT ratio last season. There's a high possibility to see all three quarterbacks get some playing this season as Georgia State begins the rigors of FBS competition.

Running Back

JR Gerald Howse (68), RS-SR Travis Evans (67), RS-SR Paris Lee (65), FR Kyler Neal (61)

FB - RS-JR Duvall Smith (67)

Georgia State loses three of their four leading rushers from last season including Roosevelt Watson and school leader Donald Russell. Russell was well on his way to being the schools first 1,000 yard rushing until a injury sidelined him. Travis Evans and Paris Lee returned and it will most likely be Evans who is the main running back this season. It is noted that Offensive Coordinator Tyrell Coley plans to implement a style that requires multiple running backs seeing 10+ touches a game so Lee and junior college transfer Gerald Howse are sure to make appearances. Kyler Neal will redshirt this season and Duvall Smith has no competition for the fullback position.

Receivers

SR Albert Wilson (74), RS-SR Danny Williams (68), SR Jordan Giles (66), JR Lynquez Blair (65), RS-SR Darren McCray (64), JR Nathaniel Minor (64), SO Avery Sweeting (64), FR Tyshaun Clemson (64)

TE - JR Alex Smith (66), RS-JR Drew Pearson (66), RS-JR Joel Ruiz (65), JR Sean Jeppeson (63), JR Kesean Peterson (63)

The receiving groups for the Panthers have the most experience, with 9 of the 11 players listed being either juniors or seniors. Leading them is Albert Wilson, arguably the best player of the team. Finishing just 53 yards shy of 1,000 last season in addition to handling kick and punt returns, Wilson is the fastest of the bunch. Danny Williams had a streak of 22 straight games with a catch at one point, until injuries hurt him and forced him to miss five games. Jordan Giles and Lynquez Blair will vie for playing time at the slot position, with Blair having the slight advantage through early practices. Darren McCray and Nathaniel Minor round out the wide receivers that will see playing time as Avery Sweeting and Tyshaun Clemons will redshirt. The tight end core has five juniors, but blessings in disguise won't have the coaching staff scrambling to find replacements. Both Sean Jeppeson and Kesean Peterson suffered injuries in spring practices that have led to the be medically redshirted for the upcoming season, leaving the starting job a three-man race. Alex Smith caught just five passes while Drew Pearson managed just 39 yards last season, and Joel Ruiz has been impressive since the spring. Inexperience plays a key factor here, and may force the coaches to implement more of a blocking-emphasis for their tight ends as they do not present much to the passing game.

Offensive Lineman

LT - SR Ulrick John (68), RS-FR Garret Gorringe (62)
LG - RS-JR Tim Wynn (65), RS-SR Cade Yates (65), FR Brandon Pertile (65)
C - RS-SR Michael Davis (65), RS-JR Ronald Martin (60)
RG - RS-SR Harrison Clottey (67), FR Davis Moore (63)
RT - RS-SR Grant King (70), RS-SR Ramell Davis (64)

The most experienced portion of the offense, all five starting offensive lineman return this season. The line has 84 career starts and leading the way is Grant King, the other player to start every game in Georgia State's 1st three seasons. On the downside, they gave up 28 sacks last season and saw huge dips in their rushing numbers from the two seasons prior. Redshirting out of this group will be Brandon Pertile and Davis Moore.

DEFENSE

Defensive Lineman

LE - SO Melvin King (68), FR Tevin Jones (63), FR Will Cunningham (63), RS-FR Tanner Strickland (62)

RE - RS-JR John Kelly (70), FR Jalen Lawrence (64), FR Carnell Hopson (63)

DT - SR Terrance Woodard (72), RS-JR Nermin Delic (71), JR George Rogers (68), RS-JR Marcus Stetzer (67), RS-SR Theo Agnew (66), SO Joe Lockley (62)

The defensive line has a lot to improve upon from last season, as they did not get much pressure on opposing quarterbacks (10 sacks last season), and gave up 235 rushing yards per contest. Theo Agnew and Terrance Woodard are the two key players returning, as they combined for 119 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and 3 sacks last season. Nermin Delic transferred from Kentucky and will finally see playing time this season, as will JUCO transfer George Rogers. John Kelly and Melvin King will get to start at the end positions after making decent contributions last season. Tevin Jones, Will Cunningham, and Carnell Hopson will all be redshirting.

Linebackers

LOLB - RS-JR Jarrell Robinson (67), JR Robert Smith (66), JR Cole Moon (62)
MLB - SO Joseph Peterson (70), SO Bryan Williams (64), FR Jameel Spencer (63)
ROLB - RS-SR Robert Ferguson (69), FR Kight Dallas (67), RS-SR ALlen McKay (67)

Joseph Peterson returns to lead the linebacking core after a strong freshman season where he led all tackles with 65. Last year, Georgia State had to replace five linebackers and along with injuries to the defensive line they struggled and allowed 38.5 points per game. Cole Moon will redshirt this season as he is studying abroad.

Defensive Backs

CB - RS-SR Brent McClendon (68), SR Demarius Matthews (66), SR Jamal Ransby (65), RS-FR Chris Jenkins (63), RS-FR Nate Anthony (63), RS-FR Myles Morries (63)

FS - RS-SR Kail Singleton (67), RS-SR Rashad Stewart (65), RS-JR Jamaal May (62), RS-SR Kelton Hill (60)
SS - RS-FR Ladarion Young (65), RS-SR Arrington Jordan (64), JR C.J. Scott (63)

Last season Georgia State returned five members of the defensive secondary who combined for 33 starts. While they went from allowing a 64.9% completion percentage down to a 62.3%, they allowed more yards (235 from 223) and did little in the takeaway deparment (GSU was -20 last season). No returning player had more than one interception last season so improvements are a must. WR/QB Kelton Hill has been moved to FS this season while Kail Singleton (43 tackles, INT) leads the way. Ladarian Young and Arrington Jordan are still in competition for the starting strong safety position.

SPECIAL TEAMS

K - SO Will Lutz (73)
P - JR Matt Hubbard (73)
KR - WR Albert Wilson, HB Paris Lee
PR - WR Albert Wilson, HB Paris Lee

Punter Matt Hubbard earns 2nd Team All-CAA honors last season, averaging 43.1 yards per punt (37.4 net) and while kicker Will Lutz was only 4-of-7 two of his misses were from 48 and 54 yards out. His career long was 40 yards and was a perfect 18-for-18 on extra points. Albert Wilson was dynamic on returns (25.9 KR, 9.4 PR) earning 1st Team All-CAA honors as a returner.

OVERALL

After a 1-10 season in the FCS, it would be common to say that Georgia State will improve with a year of experience under their belts. But with the transition to the FBS, the win column may not see anything different from last season. Against current FBS competition in the last three seasons, Georgia State is 1-9 with their only win occuring in 2011 against South Alabama (27-20, 2OT). Four wins would be a successful seasons for the Panthers in 2013, which begins August 29th vs Samford.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

FIRST TEAM ALL-AMERICAN SECOND TEAM ALL-AMERICAN
Position Player School Position Player School
QB SO Johnny Manziel Texas A&M QB RSR AJ McCarron Alabama
HB JR Ka'Deem Carey Arizona HB RJR Henry Josey Missouri
JR De'Anthony Thomas Oregon SO Duke Johnson Miami (FL)
FB RSR David Sims Georgia Tech FB SR Jay Prosch Auburn
WR SR Mike Davis Texas WR RSR Jared Abberderis Wisconsin
JR Sammy Watkins Clemson SR Jordan Matthews Vanderbilt
JR Marquise Lee USC JR Brandon Carter TCU
TE JR Austin Seferian-Jenkins Washington TE JR Randall Telfair USC
T RSR Taylor Lewan Michigan T SR Jake Matthews Texas A&M
RJR Cameron Fleming Stanford RFR JJ Prince Purdue
G SR David Yankey Stanford G RSR Cyril Richardson Baylor
RSR Mason Walters Texas RSR Anthony Steen Alabama
C RSR Andrew Miller Virginia Tech C RSR Gabe Ikard Oklahoma
DE JR Jadaveon Clowney South Carolina DE SR Jackson Jeffcoat Texas
RSR James Gayle Virginia Tech RJR Marcus Rush Michgan State
DT RSR Will Sutton Arizona State DT JR Timmy Jerningan Florida State
RJR Louis Nix III Notre Dame JR Luther Maddy Virginia Tech
OLB JR Ryan Shazier Ohio State OLB SR Shaun Lewis Oklahoma State
RSR Denicos Allen Michigan State SR Corey Nelson Oklahoma
MLB CJ Mosley Alabama MLB RSR Shayne Skov Stanford
CB RJR Adrian James UTEP CB RSO Devon Cajuste Stanford
SR Aaron Colvin Oklahoma SR Chris Davis Auburn
S JR HaHa Clinton Dix Alabama S JR Qaundre Diggs Texas
SR Sean Parker Washington JR Vinnie Sunseri Alabama
K SR Zach Hocker Arkansas K SR Andrew Funney Washington State
P JR Kyle Christy Florida P SR Steven Clark Auburn
RET JR De'Anthony Thomas Oregon RET SO Duke Johnson Miami (FL)
FIRST TEAM ALL SUN BELT SECOND TEAM ALL SUN BELT
Position Player School Position Player School
QB RSR Kolton Browning UL-Monroe QB RJR Terrance Broadway UL-Lafayette
HB JR Alonzo Harris UL-Lafayette HB SR Antonio Andrews Western Kentucky
RSR David Oku Arkansas State RSR Jryuss Edwards UL-Monroe
FB RJR Kenneth Rains Arkansas State FB RFR Thomas Singleton UL-Lafayette
WR SR Je'ron Hamm UL-Monroe WR RSR Tavarese Maye UL-Monroe
RSO J.D. McKissic Arkansas State FR Devin Scott UL-Lafayette (59 OVR WTF)
SR Eric Thomas Troy SR Daryl Surgent UL-Lafayette
TE RSR Jacob Maxwell UL-Lafayette TE RSR Kevin Steed UL-Monroe
T RJR Jarad Martin UL-Lafayette T RSR Aaron Williams Arkansas State
RSR Ed Hazelett Western Kentucky RJR Alan Wright Arkansas State
G RSR Steven Haunga Arkansas State G RSR Jimmie Arnold Troy
JR Ben Risenhoover UL-Monroe RJR Daniel Quave UL-Lafayette
C SR Andre Huval UL-Lafayette C RSR Caleb Cabrine Troy
DE RSR Calvin Washington Western Kentucky DE RSO Chris Stone Arkansas State
RSO Tyler Roberts Troy RSO Gavin Rocker Western Kentucky
DT JR Christian Ringo UL-Lafayette DT RSR Antonio Gillespie Troy
RSR Ryan Carrethers Arkansas State RSR Amos Draper Arkansas State
OLB SR Xavius Boyd Western Kentucky OLB RSR Justin Anderson UL-Lafayette
RJR Qushaun Lee Arkansas State SR Cameron Blakes UL-Monroe
MLB SR Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky MLB JR Jake Molbert UL-Lafayette
CB SR Tyree Robinson Western Kentucky CB SR Vincent Eddit UL-Monroe
SR Jeremy Spikner Troy RJR Sean Thomas UL-Lafayette
S RJR Jonathan Dowling Western Kentucky S RJR Sterling Young Arkansas State
SR Chris Pickett Troy SO Chris Humes Arkansas State
K SR Brian Davis Arkansas State K SO Justin Manton UL-Monroe
P SR Hendrix Brakefield Western Kentucky P SR Will Scott Troy
RET SR Jeremy Spikner Troy RET RJR Frankie Jackson Arkansas State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #6
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

2013 SUN BELT CONFERENCE PREVIEW

1. Arkansas State Red Wolves (Preseason Rank: 57)
Overall: 75
Last Season: 1st Sun Belt (10-3, 7-1), W 17-13 vs Kent State in GoDaddy.com Bowl
Despite the loss of their all-time leading passer (Ryan Aplin) and their fourth head coach in four seasons (Steve Roberts, Hugh Freeze, Gus Malzahn, Bryan Harsin), many experts have Arkansas State pegged as the cream of the Sun Belt crop. David Oku returns after leading the SBC last season with 16 rushing TDs and will have to lead the Red Wolves to another successful year.

2. UL-Monroe Warhawks (Preseason Rank: 60)
Overall: 75
Last Season: T-2nd Sun Belt (8-5, 6-2), L 45-14 vs Ohio in Independence Bowl
17 starters returned to a team that lost just 10 lettermen last season. QB Kolton Browning is just 903 yards away from being the school's all-time passer, while head coach Todd Berry is looking to compound on last season's success.

3. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (Preseason Rank: 68)
Overall: 77
Last Season: 5th Sun Belt (7-6, 4-4), L 24-21 vs Central Michigan in Little Caesars Bowl
Head coach Bobby Petrino inherits 14 starters and back-to-back winning seasons in Western Kentucky. The SBC's leading rusher in Antonio Andrews returns to man the offense while the top six tacklers all return on defense - including LB Andrew Jackson who had 122 tackles (15.5 TFL) last season.

4. UL-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (Preseason Rank: 73)
Overall: 77
Last Season: T-2nd Sun Belt (9-4, 6-2), W 43-34 vs East Carolina in New Orleans Bowl
Mark Hudspeth isn't taking kindly to seeing the Cajuns projected 4th. Back to back 9-4 seasons and 13 returning starters have UL-Lafayette poised to challenge the Sun Belt's best. The biggest question is how the defense will play after allowing 428 yards per game last season.

5. Troy Trojans (Preseason Rank: 92)
Overall: 74
Last Season: T-6th Sun Belt (5-7, 3-5), No Bowl Game
Troy could have easily been 11-1 last season, as six losses were within a touchdown's reach. Only 9 starters return to a team that hung 48 points on Tennessee (and still lost), so the question will be if Troy can continue to produce offensively as they have done in seasons past.

6. Texas State Bobcats (Preseason Rank: 123)
Overall: 68
Last Season: 5th WAC (4-8, 2-4), No Bowl Game
Texas State didn't join the FBS until last season and four wins is definitely an accomplishment. Most of the team remains intact but just two winning seasons in the last 10 years, head coach Dennis Franchione has his work cut out for him.

7. South Alabama Jaguars (Preseason Rank: 124)
Overall: 65
Last Season: 10th Sun Belt (2-11, 1-7), No Bowl Game
The new kids on the block all seem to be convening here as South Alabama also joined the FBS ranks last season. While they didn't have as much success as Texas State did, they do return 17 starters and experts believe that every position has improved from last season. Unfortunately they play five teams that went bowling last season at home, meaning most of their winnable opponents will be battled on the road.

8. Georgia State Panthers (Preseason Rank: 126)
Overall: 61
Last Season: T-9th CAA (1-10, 1-7), No Bowl Game
Georgia State's first year in the FBS will be tough, as they take on out of conference opponents like West Virginia and Alabama. With only three years of football experience under their belt, it's easy to believe the Panthers will be playing the role of doormat this season.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #7
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 08-07-2017 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:01 AM   #8
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Year 1, Week 1 - Samford (0-0) at Georgia State (0-0)

August 29, 2013 - Georgia Dome - Atlanta, GA
Samford Bulldogs (0-0 FCS) at Georgia State Panthers (0-0)

SEIZING AN OPPORTUNITY

Atlanta, GA --
Georgia State wanted nothing more than their inaugural season in the FBS to begin on the right note. Despite not encountering a fellow member of the highest level of college football competition until the third week of the season, there was still a euphoric atmosphere around campus.

The Panthers would ride that momentum from start to finish, forcing eight Samford turnovers en route to a 34-3 victory at the Georgia Dome.

"It always feels good to get the first win under your belt." said head coach Trent Miles. "These guys prepared all off-season for this moment and we couldn't be prouder."

The fireworks had a hitch in their ignition for Georgia State, as the first quarter came and went without a change in the scoreboard. Robert Fergusonwould change that in the second quarter as he picked off Andy Summerlin and returned it for a touchdown.

Will Lutzadded a field goal to end the half, so with the offense contributing to the cause Georgia State would take a 10-0 lead into halftime.

In fact, the offense took nearly three quarters to bestow their presence in the endzone. Gerald Howse scored his first of two touchdowns at the end of the third quarter from three yards out.

Meanwhile, quarterback Ben McLane performed with aplomb completing 19 of 31 passes for 176 yards. While he did not throw any touchdowns, he did not turn the ball over for the Panthers.

The same could not be said for his opponent's counterpart, as Andy Summerlin contributed to six of the eight turnovers - all interceptions - before being pulled in the fourth quarter. The Bulldogs offense didn't fare much better after his departure as they threw another interception as well as fumbled the ball away.

Georgia State racked up 141 rushing yards on the day largely in part to running down the clock after gaining their sizable lead. Howse reaped those benefits, rushing for 87 yards on 23 carries to lead the way. Travis Evans added 38 yards on the ground after leaving early in the game with a leg injury. Even third-string halfback Paris Lee got in the action, scoring on a 21-yard run.

Georgia State will hope to keep the fans entertained next week as they will take on Chattanooga at the Georgia Dome.

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 08-07-2017 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Photobucket

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »