Home

Michael Smoke: Unseen Legend (M25)

This is a discussion on Michael Smoke: Unseen Legend (M25) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2014, 03:53 AM   #1
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18
Michael Smoke: Unseen Legend (M25)

MICHAEL SMOKE
THE UNSEEN LEGEND

PLAYER REPORT:
NAME: MICHAEL SMOKE (* *)
POSITION: Quarterback
COLLEGE: Baylor
HEIGHT: 6'0
WEIGHT: 215
40 YARD DASH: 4.28 (FASTEST FOR A QB EVER, BEATING VICK'S RECORD OF 4.33 BY .05)
COMPARISON: Michael Vick

Michael is a solid player, but he often relies on his speed to get him out of sticky situations, something that may not translate well into the NFL, a place full of freak athletes.

The vision of this young QB is poor, he tends to make mistakes by forcing passes and his consistency is questionable. Michael isn't great with progressions, he tends to takeoff often, even from "ghost pressure".

Arm strength and speed is what makes this kid a prospect, with a cannon on his right and two wheels below him, Michael has the potential to be a starter in the NFL if he can get his mind right.

SETTINGS:
All-Pro
11min quarters
Accel: 20
Conventional calling
Default Sliders (I'll probably boost OPI/DPI since those two never get called)
THRESHOLD: 4
NO INSTANT STARTER!

Michael starts off as an 82 overall, after assigning five teams different numbers and using random.org, Mr. Smoke will be playing QB for the Bills.
Buffalo has a strong defense and a good young cast of players, so Michael is looking to thrive there.

Last edited by ATLBrayden; 07-09-2014 at 05:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 05:18 AM   #2
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

Re: Michael Smoke: Unseen Legend (M25)

Since it's the first game, I'll be doing a full breakdown of the Pats/Bills game. I'm about 50% done with it (stopped at the halftime speech) so I'll finish the rest when I wake up tomorrow.

The end of the post will have a small highlight reel.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

Last edited by ATLBrayden; 07-09-2014 at 05:35 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:20 AM   #3
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

I'll vary between 3rd person commentary/1st person but let me what point of view you guys want and I'll try it out!
BELICHECK AND CREW STOP BY

The Pats started off slow, they immediately went three-and-out due to a stout Buffalo defense.

It was the Bills' first possession, Smoke could hear the faint noise of the crowd behind him, knowing that Buffalo fans were loyal gave him a little morale boost. His hands were sweaty and the sun was beating down on the field, he wiped his hands on his towel.
"HIKE!" he yelled, immediately Michael felt the pressure of none other than Vince Wilfork. Smoke was in a hurry. Anyone on the right? No. Up the seams? Still no. Wait, Woods has some separation on the out route!
Smoke lasers it over there- INTERCEPTED, Dont'a Hightower has the ball! There's nothing but green ahead of him! Could he go all the way? He has 5 yards gained, 10, and he's tripped up by smoke.

"How could I do that? I've failed the team already damn it!" Smoke thought.

The Pats drove down to the BUF 38 yard line, but it was worthless as Gostkowski missed a 55 yard field goal. The score remained 0-0

"It's my time to do this, I can't let my teammates down, I have to help drive down the field so we can score. We can't afford to lose the ball again."

The next drive was a little more promising for Buffalo, Spiller started to get churning and picked up a lot of yardage for the Bills. Smoke was finally connecting on some passes and lead the Bills to the five yard line, where he tossed Goodwin a TD on a short hook route. "Goodwin!" Smoke screamed, "You the man!!" The Pats wanted to make a statement, however. They broke through Buffalo's line and blocked Dustin Hopkin's PAT, making the score 6-0 BUF.

"It's alright everyone, we just gotta keep producing, keep churning, keep marching, and we can win this," Michael reassured his teammates.

It looked like a rocky start for the Bills defense, on the next drive the Patriots drove down the field 71 yards for a Brady to Finley 10 yard goal line TD pass. The score was now in New England's favor, 6-7.

As the defense came back on the field, Michael spoke to them.
"It's alright guys, we can still win this, I have faith you guys can stop them. It was my fault we didn't score after you gave us a stop already, don't worry about how you guys are doing, because it's great. I mean what do you have to worry about anyways, old man brady?" The group chuckled.

The second quarter began.

On the Bills' next possession it looked like their offense wasn't slowing down. CJ Spiller continued to get big yardage, pair that with a 20 yard pass from Smoke to Woods and you've got field goal range. Unfortunately, field goal range was all you got apparently, as the Bills offense stalled yet again, and they had to settle for a field goal, making the score 9-7.

The Pats showed no signs of slowing down either, their offense drove 77 yards for a score, 48 of those yards coming from Shane Vereen. The scoring play was a 22 yard rush by Vereen, making the score 9-14 NE.

Buffalo was starting to get outpaced by the elite Patriots, they stalled out completely on their next drive. Smoke was sacked and had two passes get dropped. New England still leads 9-14

The game was starting to get out of hand, New England drive 72 yards and scored off an Amendola TD reception at the five. New England's lead increased to 9-21 with 1:51 to go before the half.

"Damn, we gotta score here guys. If we can get it here, and get it when we receive the ball after half, we're right back in this game. You hear me? Right back in it! New England got nothing on us, alright? Don't any of you doubt what you can do, so let's get out there and whoop some patriot ***!" Michael was trying to get his teammates hyped, and it worked. They cheered and followed him out into the huddle, ready to go.

Michael was nervous as he walked to the huddle, he had faith in his teammates but doubted himself.

"Get it together!" He told himself.

"HIKE!" The clock was ticking, it was now or never for the Bills. Spiller gets the handoff, 5 yard rush.... tick... tick... tick..
2nd and 5, Smoke fires to Chandler and it's broken up, the referee blows the whistle.

"I want shotgun trips, 99 3, y drag, HB stay." Michael called the play, and the team got set.

"HIKE!" The clock was going again, this was the play, Smoke's heart was beating and he couldn't hear a sound as he darted it towards the sideline.
It's caught, down at the New England 44 yard line. Who caught it? He didn't know, and he didn't care. 1:16 was on the clock, tick... tick... tick....

The handoff went to Spiller, a gain of only four, the clock kept going.
Smoke finds Watkins over the middle on a slant, he turns up field for a gain of six yards, down at 46 yard line, :53 seconds left to score.

Smoke hiked the ball, he was under pressure, there's no options, "I can't force this," he thought. So he did what he does best, and took off, he had a lot of green ahead of him and he gained 28 yards. Timeout Buffalo.

"Alright guys, we're at the 18 yard line, we just gotta punch it in from here and we'll be okay."

They return to the huddle.

"Singleback Ace, 23 HB Power, ready? Break!"

Spiller takes the handoff, guts it left, he's met at the line by Mayo, down at the... WAIT! He breaks away! He's got the speed to get in the endzone, one man to beat aaaaaaand... he finally goes down at three yard line! Time keeps ticking, no timeouts, the Bills have :10 to get in the endzone...

"HIKE!!" Smoke takes the snap, New England is in the back field, Smoke goes dow- WAIT NO! He breaks the sack!! Smoke rolls out right, he has Spiller in front of him, he tosses over Mayo! TOUCHDOWN BUFFALO BILLS! What a play! Buffalo makes it a 16-21 game with no time left before the half!

Smokes run up to Spiller and they jump and hug each other. Buffalo walks into their locker room down 16-21, receiving ball at half.

IN THE LOCKER ROOM:
"I know we started off rocky, that's what they expected. They expected us to fail, they look down on us, they think they're so much better than us. And you know what I think of that?" Smoke asked his teammates

"What?"

"F*** THAT!" He yelled

"HELL YEAH" the locker room exploded.

"THEY SAY WE CAN'T DO IT, THEY SAY THEY CAN'T BE BEAT, THEY WE AIN'T CAPABLE OF PULLING IT OFF. THEY SAY WE AIN'T STRONG ENOUGH, THEY SAY WE AIN'T GOT ENOUGH HEART! YOU KNOW WHAT I SAY?"

"WHAT?"

"F*** THAT!!"

"HELL YEAH!"

"AIN'T NO ONE GONNA COME IN OUR HOUSE AND SAY 'EASY WIN'. AIN'T NO ONE GONNA COME INTO OUR HOUSE AND PUSH US AROUND! WE GOT 30 MINUTES TO GO OUT THERE AND PROVE WHO WE ARE. WE PLAY TO WIN WE AIN'T PLAY TO LOSE YOU HEAR ME? I'M NOT OKAY WITH LOSING, I PUT MY HEART INTO THIS S*** AND YOU GOTTA PUT YOUR HEART OUT ON THAT FIELD. YOU GOTTA BE WILLIN TO DIE TODAY!! I AM, ARE YOU?!"

"HELL YEAH!!"

"I SAID I AM, ARE YOU!?"

"HELL YEAH!!"

"NOW LET'S GO SHOW EM WHY THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!!!"

"HELL YEAH!!!!"

"BILLS ON ME BILLS ON 3! 1, 2, 3.. BILLS!!!!"

SECOND HALF

Buffalo was ready to get in this game, and the second half showed it. The previously unstoppable Patriot offense couldn't keep up, they were completely shut out of the second half. The Buffalo offense went into the second half with a different offensive gameplan, hold on to the ball.

The clock was dripping after every play and Smoke was sticking to short, quick passes to keep the ball moving, with the occasional Spiller rush. The Patriots had the ball one time in the second half, and on that one possesion they were intercepted by Stephen Gilmore.

The Bills pulled away just enough scoring wise, the final score of the game was 29-21, and the time of possession for the second half? 25:09 to 5:51.

(Sorry about a lackluster second half description, I lost the scoring summary for the rest of the game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zkrq2FDR4U
(Could've put better music but I lost my USB)

STATS:
M. Smoke 26/42 250yds 61%comp 2TDs 1INT (11CAR 48yds)
CJ Spiller 31ATT 128yds 2TDs
CJ Spiller 8REC 52yds 1TD, S. Chandler 5REC 48yds, S. Watkins 4REC 39yds
B. Spikes 8TAK, S. Gilmore 1INT

T. Brady 24/34 222yds 70%comp 2TDs 1INT
S. Vereen 13ATT 94yds 1TD
B. LaFell 6REC 76yds, R. Gronkowski 5REC 30yds, J. Edelman 3REC 22yds
J. Mayo 13TAK, J. Mayo 2SACK, D. Hightower 1 INT

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

Old 07-10-2014, 12:47 AM   #4
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

QB CONTROVERSY IN BUFFALO

*setting the scene: Michael is listening to the local sports network while driving to practice*

AJ: Hello and welcome to the Buffalo Sports radio network, bringing you updates, discussion, and coverage on your favorite teams. I'm AJ and I'm joined by my fellow host Mike, how you doin Mike?

M: Great AJ, thanks for asking. Now there's something I want to talk about here today, and that's QBs. Recently, Starter EJ Manuel was benched in favor of 5th round pick Michael Smoke. Now don't get me wrong here AJ, Smoke is a great guy but I just don't see him being a better quarterback than EJ Manuel, why bench the future of the franchise in favor of a late round pick? I mean come on, he didn't go early for a reason.

AJ: Yeah, it seemed like EJ was the one who was gonna bring the Bills back to glory, and what do they do? Bench him. Absolutely ridiculous, I mean, I can't agree with that decision at all. The Bills are going to regret benching EJ, and you can quote me on that one, Mike.

M: Michael just isn't a good QB, sure he's a nice guy but niceness doesn't get you a lombardi, this kid's ability to throw the ball is just ba-

I turned off the radio, I couldn't take what they were saying about me, I mean, did they even watch my last game? Two touchdowns, 61% completion, 250 yards, and only one interception, these guys don't even know what they're talking about!

"They'll be eating their words when I show them how good of a QB I really am, but for now I just gotta focus on what's in front of me, and that's practice. At least the weather is nice, so practice should roll over well, still boring as all hell though" I thought to myself

(Let me know if you guys want more of this type of perspective or more 3rd person!)

Last edited by ATLBrayden; 07-10-2014 at 12:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »