Home

Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story

This is a discussion on Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 10:24 PM   #17
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story

Great story you have here so far!

Name: Adam Hamilton
Hometown: (Anywhere you want)
Position: CB
Height: 5'10
Weight: 180
Appearance: Caucasian w/short black hair
Gear: Full sleeves, gloves
Best Skill: Ball Hawking
Background Info: (Don't get too detailed so I have some creative freedom if you guys don't mind) Track and Football star

Last edited by AdamJones113; 07-31-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:20 PM   #18
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by footbrawl
Really liking this so far! I'll definitely be following!
Old 07-30-2014, 11:34 PM   #19
Pro

basketballer0385's Arena

OVR: 5

Name: Matt viselli
Hometown: phoenix AZ or somewhere you want
Position: wr
Height: 6'1
Weight:*200
Appearance: tan very muscular
Gear: clear visor gloves and a towel
Best Skill: catching and speed
Background Info: (Don't get too detailed so I have some creative freedom if you guys don't mind) smart and shy (all the freedom you want)

http://www.twitch.tv/baller0385
Old 07-30-2014, 11:52 PM   #20
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2

Name: Malik Taylor
Hometown: Miami, FL
Position: FS
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 185
Appearance: dark skinned, short hair, skinny
Gear: bottom half sleeves TC, nike gloves, revo speed, dark nike visor, nike low cut shoes, low shoulder pads, mid socks
Best Skill: Coverage
Background Info: Malik Taylor is a highly coveted safety prospect from Miami florida, and is known for his ability to cover. He isn't the most physical safety, and could stand to bulk up more, but his elite athleticism and range make him the ideal centerfielder, Ed Reed type safety. A Hurricanes fan, he remembered watching Reed in college, and tried to model his game after him.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:48 AM   #21
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

Name: Dante Barnes
Hometown: Whatever you choose
Position: Wide Receiver
Height: 6'4
Weight: 210
Appearance: Black
Gear: Clear Visor, full sleeves
Best Skill: Deep Zone threat, jumping. Think Calvin.
Background Info: Came from a rough neighborhood which makes it hard for him to open up to people. He was blessed with the athleticism of a poor man's Terrell Owens. Destined for greatness.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Chapter Six: Haters and Lovers

“This mother****er has us getting beat by 28,” Kwame growled while tossing a newspaper in the trashcan.

“They said we’d lose last week by 14 so what the hell they know haha,” Darius chimed in.

Dash was behind the bench tossing a football with Quan. Dash had recently made it a goal of his to help Quan become a great quarterback. He saw a bit of himself in him. Instead of moving from another position though, most people criticized Quan for his size. He stood a respectable 5’10, but with the QB standard of today, that was a lot to overcome. He didn’t possess gifted athleticism such as Dash either. Yet, with all that, he showed up every day ready to work, and simple delighted to be there.

“One safety, two LB’s backed off, and jamming corners,” Dash presented a situation.

“Uh, uh, man under three deep,” Quan answered while delivering a tight spiral.

Dash snatched the pass, “A little slow, but yeah. Okay, you have two safeties deep, LB’s drifting, and the corners have islands, what do you do?”

The correct answer was Coach Armstead’s famous saying, “Hit a cheerleader”, but Quan caught the ball while saying, “Take off for a first like you.”

Quan followed with a series of Vick-worthy moves on air, and sliding under a tree, like the Super Bowl was on the line, “Close enough,” Dash smiled.

The sun was now peeking through the leaves on the trees. For those without sunglasses it caused a stingy glare reminiscent of the old Pop Warner days. The group was relaxing at the Big Spring Park that was located in the middle of city. A gleaming pond streamed with geese lines was on their front side and a forest dissected with sidewalks to their back. It had become the usual spot to chill after a hard practice. Dash had never really bonded in these ways outside football like he was with these guys.

“Dash, I gotta get to the house before Mama Moore comes and drags me home by my curls,” Darius said while standing up and dapping everyone up.

“Ight, I’ll see y’all,” Dash waved goodbye.

Dash and Darius walked down the sidewalk to Darius’ car. A 2000 Hyundai Tiburon. Dash gave Darius a lot of credit, he did keep it clean and nice. He hopped down in the passenger seat and turned up the radio.

Darius started the car as a voice came on, “This is ESPN 97.7 The Zone with Chris Hewlitt!”

“Ah, this guy,” Darius said while rolling his eyes.

“Alright, time for some football in the area. After an impressive win last Friday night, the Columbia Eagles, led by quarterback Dash Davis,” Darius tapped Dash on the shoulder and smiled, “will take on the Southside Panthers.
Southside is coming off a great win over Hokes Bluff. They have two great running backs who are both underclassmen and brothers, Keeston Whiteside and Keenan Whiteside. They also have to take the trip to Gladsen. I’m predicting a substantial loss for the Eagles in this one.”

“**** you, Mr. Heeeeeewlitt,” Darius cursed as if the man could hear him.

“Also, Johnson will try to come off their surprising loss, and will go up against a strong Kate Duncan Smith team whom last week showed their dominant defense in a hard fought win against Douglas. Sources are also saying five star quarterback Louis Roberts will be returning. I’m not really going out on a limb here, but I’ll say Johnson wins decisively.”

Darius turned the radio as he took a left onto a main road, “There’s ya boy.”
“He ain’t my ****ing boy,” Dash shook his head.

“Y’all have bad blood or something?” Darius question.

“Dude is just a ****ing dickhead,” Dash scolded.

Darius laughed, “What did he do?”

“We just never got along. We were on the same team since little league. He used to be cool, but one day, I don’t know, he just said ‘**** y’all’ and his ego went through the roof. I remember one practice the O wasn’t doing well, and he started yelling at us, telling us how we all sucked and how great he was. Coach backed him too.”

“Well, if I get in on defense I’ll drop kick his ***,” Darius replied as they both burst out into laughter.

Darius pulled up to Dash’s house, “I’m just trying to beat Southside in two days.”

“Hell yeah, I’ll see you man.”
__________________________________________________ _______________

A Few Months Prior
The glass bottle was cold yet the tip was so comfortably warm. Dash gripped the neck and brought another swig to his lips. It was harsh. There was a very thick taste that explored every bud on his tongue. He tilted his head back and just let the alcohol do its thing. Dash was beginning to film the warmth come over him. He looked over to his bedside stand where his transfer papers lay. His phone lit up on top of them.

“Hello?” he mumbled.

“Hiiiii, what you doing?” a flirty voice rang through the phone.

“Ah, just chillin’, what you up to?”

“Thinking about you,” she said romantically.

If Dash wasn’t buzzed he would’ve thrown up from the corniness. This was some girl Dash never missed with too much because she was so much of a jersey chaser. Dash was stressed, about to get drunk, and he was feeling a certain way.

“Why don’t you come over? No one’s home,” he laughed over the line half heartedly.

“Okay, okay, I’ll be over in a few, byeeeee.”

Dash knew he’d have to burn this memory almost completely out of his head for him to be able to live with himself. He took several more shots until the blurry fun began. A distant door bell rang soon enough. He stumbled through the hallway, almost knocking a picture of his grandmother to the wooden floor. The door swung open to a huge grin. A prissy looking little thing stood in front Dash. Her body was curvy and her clothes let everyone be well aware of it. She had a nice face, the rest was alright, on a very critical standpoint. Something about her presence screamed ‘used’. That didn’t matter though. Dash was fully past the point of caring if he was making a mistake.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:28 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
Cool dynasty and detail, will have to catch up later today
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Great story you have here so far!
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlegend0208
Really liking this so far! I'll definitely be following!
Appreciate it a lot!

And thanks for the players, they look pretty good

Old 08-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #24
Rookie

Chapter Seven: For the Fallen

Dash squinted hard while shaking his head. Black bits of rubber were forced out from under his eyelids. He reached back and grabbed his side. Dash only wore compression shorts with small built in hip and butt pads. A helmet had chipped the top of his pelvis, causing serious pain. Kenyon Lewis, a guard, helped pick up Dash and aid him to the sideline.

“And that’s another interception for Davis. He’s being helped to the sideline after that hit by Francis. Southside leads 21-3 as they take possession once again with nine forty seven remaining in the third.”

Dash collapsed onto the bench. He’d played not too bad so far, but was riddled with costly turnovers.

“Are you good to go next series?” Coach Marietta asked while handing him a water bottle.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m good. We have to change it up though. They’re blitzing off the edge a lot. I can’t scramble or have time to hit the passes.”

Coach Marietta went into deep thought for several seconds, “Okay, okay,” he replied as the offense began huddling around the bench, “We’re going to just have to force them to make a decision. Move Ari to a slot, go five wide, spread ‘em out. If they blitz off the edge, hit the under passes, if not, we can pick them apart.”

“Got it.”

The defense was able to bring the Panthers to a halt. Dash ran back out with the O on their twenty yard line. He called the play, and gave the defense a brand new look. They looked confused by the sudden change and began trying to audible out of their call. Dash recognized it and quick snapped them. Darius ran a quick slant to a part of the field where a linebacker should’ve been. Dash stepped and threw a dart right into Darius’ mitts.

“Moore with the catch! Wide open field in front of him! He’s across the fifty! They may catch him… no! Darius Moore crosses into the endzone on an eighty yard touchdown! We have a game again. Southside 21, Columbia 10.”

Momentum was starting to build for Columbia. This was only to be ruined several seconds later by a kick return for a touchdown by Keeston Whiteside. That gave Southside an 18 point lead going into the final quarter.

“Davis gets the snap, pump fakes, now takes off! He’s down the sidelines and in for an easy touchdown for Columbia! The Eagles are refusing to lose!”

Midway through the fourth, Southside was moving impressively down the field. The Whiteside brothers were smashing the front seven while eating a lot of clock. Dash looked over at his defense as the play got called. He began screaming, getting his men as hype as he could as he knew the amount of fatigue that was present in their bodies.

“You got this D! Knock those ******* out, and let’s go!” Dash yelled as a ref looked over and gave him a warning look.

On the next play, Kwame broke through the line and gobbled up the younger Whiteside, making it third and four. The entire sideline and the small crowd which had travelled with Columbia began yelling at the top of their lungs. Another power play preceded where Kwame broke through once more, stripping the ball, and recovering. I don’t believe anything was going to calm them down.

Dash capitalized quickly on their sudden urge and made his way down the field in similar fashion against Lee, “Davis hands it off to Price, no, it’s play action! He rolls out to the right and tosses it up! Touchdown Moore in the corner of the endzone! The Eagles are down by only 4 now with several minutes left.
It was almost comical to believe Southside would do anything offensively with the amount going for Columbia at this point. A quick three and out gave Dash the ball with a little over two minutes left, one timeout, and sixty six yards to go.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Dash sat quietly on his couch. He rubbed the seaming in nervousness. Thoughts raced through his mind, he had a cotton mouth along with a sick stomach. He heard his grandpa hang up the phone in the kitchen. His steps sounded closer, but Dash did not want to look up. He wanted his grandfather to just say it but at the same time, was fearful of the answer.

“He’s missing,” his grandfather raspy voice spoke softly.

Dash looked up, fear covering his eyes, “What do you mean?”

His grandpa froze, “They said his group went into a mission, they all died, the ones found. Every body was recovered… except for your father’s. He’s missing, but… declared dead.”

Dash’s face froze. He looked blankly into space. He couldn’t wrap his head around the words he’d just received. What are words? How does our mind even know? How can simple sounds get recognized causing such harsh emotions? Dash’s mind then brought him back. He looked up at his grandpa.

His grandpa’s aged lip quivered furiously. He dropped to his knees in front of Dash and began sobbing hysterically. Dash could no longer contain himself, and also began crying. Such depression grinded inside of them with immense pain. They gripped each other in a hug that made them weak. His grandpa had Dash’s shirt in a grip. There was no room to breathe, just cry.
__________________________________________________ _____________

“Here we are. The game comes down to this. Fourth and goal on the eight. Southside leads by four with six seconds remaining.”

Dash knew he should’ve felt nervous as he dried off his hands with his towel, but he didn’t. He was strong minded, he craved for situations like this. He met eyes with almost everyone on defense. Their eyes were wide. Each one of them full of passion and fierceness. Dash almost smiled, but had to insert his mouthpiece. He called for the ball.

The pigskin firmly found itself in Dash’s right hand. A linebacker off the edge was picked up by his right tackle, so he cut up underneath. He now found himself moving down the line of scrimmage with wide receivers trying to get open. The middle linebacker began sprinting towards Dash at a professional angle.

“Davis is rolling out, there’s pressure! He decides to scramble!”

The orange pile on was several yards away. The linebacker was about to launch himself into Dash’s thighs. All the defenders and wide outs pivoted off their heels to make their way towards the play. Out of the corner of his eyes he saw the player fly through the air like Superman. He knew it was over.

A loud crack went through the air. It seemingly broke the sound barrier. Someone had come back and knocked the daylights out of the linebacker. Now it was a race to the goal line. Over ten players, from both sides, sprinted their way towards it. There were two Panther defenders who beat Dash there. Dash closed his eyes as the game clock buzzed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »