Home

Aces High | A New York Jets Franchise

This is a discussion on Aces High | A New York Jets Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #17
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Aces High | A New York Jets Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
The Jets suck. But i'll be following, this will be great regardless of team choice haha
I'm still somewhat in disbelief of myself for picking them.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #18
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

OVR: 1

They aren't horrible guys lol. There are much worse teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #19
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropxEm
They aren't horrible guys lol. There are much worse teams
But they are the Jets, that doesn't help.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #20
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

Round 2, Pick 17 (49)

Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech

With their first pick of day 2, the Jets selected the top pass-receiving tight end in the class. Although he was somewhat surprised to still be available at the 49th overall pick, he was pleased to be coming to the Jets: "I’m very fortunate and glad that the New York Jets picked me up because that’s the place where I wanted to be. Going into the predraft, that’s the place that I felt was the best fit for me and I just felt at home whenever I visited New York, so I’m really grateful for that."

As a junior in 2013, Amaro (6'-5", 265 lbs.) set NCAA single-season marks for tight ends for total receiving yards (1,352) and yards per game (104.0) and was second in receptions with 106. 10th overall selection Eric Ebron had 62 catches.

Amaro struggled early in camp with drops and with learning the offense. He compared the transition from college to English and Chinese. He’s improved week-to-week, though, and his run blocking has been praised. He’s already shown flashes of why the Jets drafted him, and his rate at which he’s getting better bodes well for New York’s passing game.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #21
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

Round 3, Pick 16 (80)

Dexter McDougle, CB, Maryland

McDougle was injured on Sept. 14 last year and underwent season-ending shoulder surgery. At thet time he had recorded 2 interceptions for the season, including a pick-six against UConn. He suffered an ACL tear in practice last week and will be having surgery this week. He is expected to be lost for the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #22
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

ROUND 4, PICK 4 (104)

Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma

A small receiver (5'8", 165) but an extremely productive one with over 200 catches and more than 3,000 receiving yards in four college seasons. He’s explosive with the ball in his hands (26 receiving TDs) and can add value in the return game as well (15-yard average, three TDs as a punt returner). Expect him to work almost exclusively out of the slot.

ROUND 4, PICK 15 (115)

Shaq Evans, WR, UCLA

6'1", 213 and 4.4 speed, had 126 catches in 40 games for the Bruins (31 starts) and also returns punts. Unfortunately, shoulder surgery has made Evans the second Jets rookie to go on IR during camp.

ROUND 4, PICK 37 (137)

Dakota Dozier, OT, Furman

Could develop quickly into a starter at guard. Although he played tackle at small-school Furman, he has big-time measurables (6'4", 313) and outstanding athleticism for his size, flashing the ability to pull, trap and find his targets on the move in the run game.

ROUND 5, PICK 14 (154)

Jeremiah George, ILB, Iowa St.

George was the Big 12’s leading tackler last season.

ROUND 6, PICK 19 (195)

Brandon Dixon, CB, NW Missouri St.

A big corner who also has the size and strength to win with physical play at the line.

ROUND 6, PICK 33 (209)

Quincy Enunwa, WR, Nebraska

Another big-bodied receiver (6'2", 225) with 4.4 speed who projects as a good fit for the West Coast scheme and could develop into a serious red zone threat.

ROUND 6, PICK 34 (210)

I.K. Enemkpali, DE, La Tech

A hard-nosed tough guy who wins with grit and physicality.

ROUND 6, PICK 37 (213)

Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson

There are a lot of things to like about Boyd. The former Clemson QB has a strong arm, excellent athleticism and uncanny playmaking ability. The coaching staff will have to start from scratch on his mechanics, and his accuracy will have to improve significantly if he is to progress beyond a project player at the next level. But in the sixth round he has enough tangible and intangible traits to make him well worth the effort, and was selected low enough that he won't create any distraction or controversy for Michael Vick or Geno Smith.

ROUND 7, PICK 18 (233)

Trevor Reilly, OLB, Utah

Reilly had 57 plays behind the line of scrimmage in 48 career games.

Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com: “Calvin Pryor was my top-rated safety and I have no doubt that he's going to be Broadway hit for the Jets. He plays with the instincts and physicality to star in Rex Ryan's aggressive scheme.”

Mel Kiper, ESPN: “Jalen Saunders offers some shiftiness and slot depth, and Shaq Evans is solid if not a burner. Dakota Dozier can become a starter, and if Dexter McDougle plays up to his potential he could be a steal at No. 80.”

Peter Schrager, FoxSpots.com: “Rex Ryan did land one steal in Utah DE Trevor Reilly, who slipped to the seventh round. He can play right away and has a very nasty streak to him.”

Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com: “I like big-hitting safety Calvin Pryor to fill a major need, but I didn't like tight end Jace Amaro in the second. Fourth-round slot receiver Jalen Saunders could be a steal.”

Eric Edholm, Yahoo Spots: “It was a class that started with promise, leveled off in the middle rounds and actually seemed to get stronger in the end. Late-round picks such as Shaq Evans, Dakota Dozier and Brandon Dixon could end up helping out.”

Chris Burke & Doug Farrar, Sports Illustrated: “Safety Calvin Pryor definitely fits the mold of a Rex Ryan defense, as does seventh-rounder Trevor Reilly.”
Old 08-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #23
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

Vick Leads TD Drive In Jets' Win over Colts

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Michael Vick led the New York Jets on a touchdown drive, capped by fellow newcomer Chris Johnson's 1-yard scoring run, in a 13-10 victory over the Indianapolis Colts on Thursday night in the preseason opener for both teams.

Geno Smith, looking to retain his starting job in his second season, was 4 of 6 for 33 yards in two series with the first-team offense that included a 51-yard field goal by Nick Folk before giving way to Vick. The 34-year-old backup received a hearty cheer from the crowd at MetLife Stadium, and moved the starting offense for the Jets down the field against the Colts' second-team defense.

The 14-play drive was helped by two 15-yard penalties on the Colts (0-1). Vick was 3 of 6 for 17 yards.

Andrew Luck played just one efficient drive, going 4 of 5 for 53 yards and leading Indianapolis to a field goal.

Full boxscore:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400553694

Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyyXkdlO_WA
Old 08-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #24
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

Calvin Pryor Enjoys A Smashing Debut

CINCINNATI -- Safety Calvin Pryor hit the ground running in his NFL debut on Saturday night, making key plays for the defense during the Jets' 25-17 win over the Cincinnati Bengals. “I told ‘em I was back,” Pryor said with a chuckle on ESPN New York’s postgame show. “I’m back to real form now.” After missing the preseason opener against the Indianapolis Colts while recovering from a concussion he suffered during the third practice of training camp, the Jets’ first-round draft pick was all over the field at Paul Brown Stadium. He wasted no time getting acclimated to the NFL, recovering a fumble forced by LB Demario Davis on a second-quarter strip-sack of Bengals QB Matt Scott on his third defensive play of the game. The recovery led to a Bilal Powell touchdown on the ensuing Jets possession. “I got in in the second quarter, got in with some of the ones, got some reps with the ones,” he said. “It felt pretty good. I made plays early and once we got the momentum, we took it from there.”

Pryor lived up to his nickname of “The Louisville Slugger,” delivering clean, powerful hits to Cincinnati players. With 1:54 remaining in the second quarter, Pryor forced an incompletion after jarring the ball loose from WR Cobi Hamilton — a play that Pryor said he thought was a forced fumble. In the fourth quarter, he continued to display his versatility, coming off the edge and hitting Bengals RB Rex Burkhead, resulting in a 2-yard loss.

Pryor’s performance and ability to find a way to lay big hits on offensive players garnered respect from the reigning NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, Sheldon Richardson. “He’s most definitely coming in and filling those holes like he’s supposed to and in coverage he’s trying to clean people up like he’s supposed to,” Richardson said. “And he’s keeping it legal, he’s aiming for the legs, so you can’t knock him for that. He’s hitting.” Richardson added that Pryor’s prowess as a hitter has earned him a new nickname of “Little Bam-Bam” in the Jets’ locker room.

Pryor’s performance also caught the eye of head coach Rex Ryan, who said it appears the Jets made a great decision to choose Pryor with the No. 18 pick in the 2014 draft. “Calvin Pryor was good, man,” Ryan said during his news conference. “He looked pretty good to me.”

Although coming off an impressive debut, Pryor said he still has to work on getting signals correctly and lining up against different formations. The reps he received in this game, he said, were vital, especially since he sat out against the Colts. “Those reps that I had missed were very important because we had installed a lot of defenses during that time,” he said. “So it’s important that I catch up and get on the same page with everybody else.”

Despite the seriousness of concussions in the NFL, Pryor said immediately after his return that he wouldn’t allow the injury to change his style of play and stood by that statement after the game.
“A lot of guys questioned me, because I had a concussion,” he said. “They questioned my aggressiveness. That’s the way I play football. I’m an aggressive player. Tonight was step one.”

Former Jets special teams coordinator Mike Westhoff named Pryor his MetLife MVP of the game for the impact he made defensively. “This man has missed a lot of time with a concussion, and now he’s just finally getting back into it, but tonight you saw what he can do,” he said on the ESPN New York postgame show. “He is so physical and explosive that he makes a lot of things happen.”

Pryor will look to carry some of the momentum he’s built into the game against the Giants on Friday.

Full boxscore:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554683

Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AscHLIyqTI

Last edited by Manning2Harrison; 09-02-2014 at 06:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »