Home

TitanRise: Tennessee Titans Dynasty

This is a discussion on TitanRise: Tennessee Titans Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
TitanRise: Tennessee Titans Dynasty

Hi!! Ready for another season of Titans football?? I am.

Before I start, let me introduce myself. I'm 28 years old, born in Houston. That's how I became an Oilers fan, and then, of course, in 1997, a Titans fan. Simply a "fan" may be putting it lightly though. "Fanatic" is the word my friends use. They're pretty close. I'm all about the Titans, and I mean ALL about them. Pretty much everything in my apartment is Titans-related or has some Titans logo on it. I use them every single game in Madden, pick most of them in Fantasy Football, etc. I'm basically the biggest homer on the block.

Only problem is, that block is in Philadelphia. Not many Titans fans 'round these parts. Actually it's probably good for me economically because if I lived within a 60-mile radius of LP Field I'd go to every game.

Speaking of economics, I crunch numbers for a major construction firm here in Philly. It's not a bad job, as jobs go—I landed it one year after I graduated from Penn (the reason I'm in Philly)—and I enjoy the work most days. I absolutely love work Monday after a Titans win... and I think about skipping work Monday after a Titans loss. That's the kind of relationship I have with the Titans.

Funny you should mention relationships. I don't really get into many, mostly because I like to spend weeknights playing Madden (Titans CFM, of course) and doing a lot of research on the Titans players. Weekends is fantasy football and getting-ready-for-the-game special time.

Boy, do I love the Titans. My sleep-shirt is an old, torn up Steve McNair jersey (Titans, of course) and my most prized possession is a signed Eddie George jersey. I wear a lot of jerseys when I'm not at work: Earl Campbell, George, McNair, Jevon Kearse, Kevin Dyson and the like.

One more thing you should know. Do NOT mention the Rams or Mike Jones to me. Ever.

Whew, that's it for an opening. This is Madden 25 CFM, using... wait for it... the Titans. It's going to be from the perspective of this fan, incorporating elements of his daily life and SI Magazine/ESPN/nfl.com articles and game recaps—all Titans-centric.

Platform: Xbox360
Settings: 9 mins (15s Accel-Clock)
Coach mode
Custom Sliders

Good to post.

Last edited by AdamJones113; 08-11-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TitanRise: Tennessee Titans Dynasty

Well in that case....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61l-dFfqYZg

BWAHAHAHAHA. I love my job.

Sorry. I had to. Following either way. I loved that Titans team in '99.. I signed Dyson to my old Madden PS2 franchises many times...

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Well in that case....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61l-dFfqYZg

BWAHAHAHAHA. I love my job.

Sorry. I had to. Following either way. I loved that Titans team in '99.. I signed Dyson to my old Madden PS2 franchises many times...
Hmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpWhKgH8bWE

Glad for the follow!
Old 08-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
Rookie

TheBastard's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm following this! I was about to chose the Titans for my franchise, but then I decided to go with the Cheifs
Old 08-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBastard
I'm following this! I was about to chose the Titans for my franchise, but then I decided to go with the Cheifs
Good call. Chiefs would have been one of my options if they didn't have Alex Smith. Thanks for the follow, I'm currently editing Part 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #6
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

loved the intro bruh, i'll be following. Good luck with your Titans. Any reason why you're not waiting a couple weeks for Madden 15?
Old 08-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #7
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
loved the intro bruh, i'll be following. Good luck with your Titans. Any reason why you're not waiting a couple weeks for Madden 15?
Thanks for the follow.
I'll need it!
I am actually leaving North America for the year (going to Finland) the day before Madden comes out, so I don't think I'll be getting it, especially at release date, and I didn't want to wait too long to start.

Update should be coming within the next hour.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #8
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

"Thursday... Night... Football, folks, it's the opening game of the 2014 NFL season..."
Start of the season and the start of my descent into Titans-land. I have my laptop propped up in front of me, fantasy football on the screen, a bowl of chips by my side, and the Seahawks-Packers game up on the big screen. And I am seriously PUMPED for this season.

All training camp long, I'd been reading mixed reports about the Titans—they'd only gone 1-3, but everyone knows the preseason is not about winning or losing. Before I give you my thoughts about it all, let me show you the roster and ESPN's breakdown of it.

ESPNFL Banner.jpg
Quarterbacks: Jake Locker (S), Ryan Fitzpatrick
Titans only go with 2 QBs here in the hope that former 8th overall draft-pick Jake Locker can find a groove, or at least a wide receiver. If not, the former Harvard grad is there to back him up. Grade: C

Runningbacks: Shonn Greene (S), Jalen Parmelee, Bishop Sankey, Darius Reynaud
One has to figure that the Titans will have an RB committee, which is not a good sign when your quarterback is Jake Locker. Greene will presumably start, Sankey will mature, and Reynaud will return kicks and punts. Interesting that the Titans decide to keep four runningbacks, taking a spot from elsewhere. Grade: C+

Fullback: Craig Stevens
I guess the Titans liked Stevens enough to keep him on a roster along with 4 RBs. Grade: C

Wide Receiver: Kendall Wright, Nate Washington, Derek Hagan, Justin Hunter, Michael Preston
Again, not the best cast of wide outs here. Interesting to note that Marc Mariani was cut-- looks like Derek Hagan impressed enough coaches to stick around in Tennessee. Wright and Hunter are poised for breakout seasons while Washington is a rare veteran presence. Grade: B-

Tight End: Delanie Walker (S), Taylor Thompson
Walker is a good fit for the Titans here, in that he's versatile, a good blocker and he can catch. Thompson may be a back-up fullback and a second tight end—that’s it. Grade: B-

Offensive Line: Michael Roos, Andy Levitre, Brian Schwenke, Chance Warmack, Michael Oher, Taylor Lewan
And now we’re talking. This is the Titans biggest strength: these maulers up front are a good mix of skilled youngsters and capable vets. I see a trade of either Oher or Roos to open up a spot at Tackle for Taylor Lewan.
Grade: A

Defensive End: Kamerion Wimbley, Lavar Edwards, Karl Klug, Mike Martin, Marcus Dixon
Well, they're more like placeholders than anything else. A relatively unknown group that’s likely to give up as many big plays as big stops they make. That's ok though... Grade: C+

Defensive Tackle: Jurrell Casey, Sammie Hill, DaQuan Jones, Ryan Pitoitua, Casey is the big name here, as well he should be; following a break-out year, the DE/DT is bound for greater things. The Titans have very good, and more importantly BIG depth at DT.

ILB: Moises Fokou, Zaviar Gooden, Wesley Woodyard, Colin McCarthy
ER... Grade: D+

OLB: Akeem Ayers, Shaun Phillips, Derrick Morgan, Patrick Bailey
This is an OLB group best0suited to rushing the passer, which is a good asset to compliment the Titans’ mediocre set of DE’s. Grade: C+

Safety: Michael Griffin (FS), Bernard Pollard (SS), George Wilson
Another deep group here, and it's a pretty hard-hitting one. Griffin and Pollard should make a good combo, and Wilson is a good ball hawk in a nickel set. Grade: B+

Cornerback: Jason McCourty, Alterraun Verner, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Khalid Wooten, Coty Sensebaugh
Another deep group, and the top two are pretty good. This defense should be a top-half defense, unlike the sub-par offense. Grade: B

Despite being a huge homer, I had to admit the grades were pretty fair. Just have to hope for better.

Next update: Opener @ Pittsburgh

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »