Home

Cleveland Browns CCM (Madden 15)

This is a discussion on Cleveland Browns CCM (Madden 15) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
Rookie

RobD4477's Arena

OVR: 1
Cleveland Browns CCM (Madden 15)

I'll be starting a new Browns CCM as an owner (Probably Jimmy Haslam) in the next few days. I just started college and I am beyond bored so I figured this would be a solid thing to do with my free time (which I have A LOT of). I'll be getting the game for the PS4 sometime during the week. I am planning on doing write-ups and maybe a few videos if I can. It is my career goal to become a sports beat reporter or something along those lines so I hope that I as well as you guys will be able to see some progression with my stories as I move through the year. Thanks for reading and I hope you guys enjoy it. GO BROWNS!

Sports Director @ the Student-Run Radio Station on the Campus of Kent State.

Have called Football games at Penn State and Clemson, Baseball games at Florida International and Basketball games at the Quicken Loans Arena, including the 2017 MAC Championship Game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
Rookie

RobD4477's Arena

Re: Cleveland Browns CCM (Madden 15)

The Manziel Era Begins
CLEVELAND (AP)-- The city of Cleveland,once a powerhouse for professional football, now a wasteland where NFL players ranked it the second least desirable place to play (Oakland landed first place) received a much needed adrenaline shot this offseason with some big additions to the team and the stadium. Heisman winner and Texas A&M star quarterback Johnny Manziel was drafted with the team's second first round pick (22nd overall) alongside fellow first round pick cornerback Justin Gilbert (8th overall) both are expected to compete for starting jobs.

While neither will be easy Manziel arguably has the tougher road to week 1 at Pittsburgh as he battles QB Brian Hoyer. Hoyer the St. Ignatius graduate and lifelong Cleveland Browns fan started 3 games for the team last year winning two and injuring his knee in the first quarter of the third. Many fans of the team have had a tough choice deciding which quarterback they want to start. Some on team Manziel some on team Hoyer.

First year coach Mike Pettine has been quoted as saying "I think it's extremely difficult to come in out of a rookie camp and some (organized team activities), a mandatory camp and a training camp and all of a sudden be ready to be a starter in the NFL." Pettine cites his time in both New York and Buffalo as times he has seen this work and not work.

Another exciting change for the team is the new additions to the stadium. New scoreboards nearly twice the size of the old ones and a state of the art sound system headline the changes.
A large amount of seats have been removed to accommodate the new scoreboards and party areas. The changes are the first step of a two stage process to upgrade the 15 year old stadium. The project is being paid for by the citizens of Cuyahoga county as a result of the newly renewed "sin tax".

Regardless of the record of the team this year it is sure to be an exciting season full of intrigue. Many questions will be answered, can Johnny Manziel be a successful NFL QB, Can Ben Tate carry the load of a team without Arian Foster's help, and can rookie coach Mike Pettine make it past one season as head coach.Over the following days I will be doing a breakdown of the position groups and both the entire offense and defense. Stay tuned and GO BROWNS!

Have called Football games at Penn State and Clemson, Baseball games at Florida International and Basketball games at the Quicken Loans Arena, including the 2017 MAC Championship Game

Last edited by RobD4477; 08-31-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
Rookie

RobD4477's Arena

just saw a few videos of First Energy Stadium in Madden 15 and I can't lie I'm pretty disappointed that they didn't really do a great job of putting the new renovations in the game. The scoreboards are there but not the new party areas or anything besides the boards themselves.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:31 PM   #4
Rookie

RobD4477's Arena

Old 08-31-2014, 03:58 PM   #5
Pro

njdevils14's Arena

OVR: 0

Interested to see how the QB battle goes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 06:10 PM   #6
Rookie

RobD4477's Arena

Cleveland Browns Offensive Preview
CLEVELAND (AP)-- Today we take a look at the offensive position groups of the Cleveland Browns. The Browns once again have a new offensive coordinator after firing Norv Turner this offseason. Kyle Shanahan is the new man in charge of the offense that will be without the league leader in receiving yards Josh Gordon due to a season long suspension. Let's get started with the Quarterbacks:

Quarterbacks: The Quarterback position has been a position in flux over the past 15 years that the current incarnation of the Browns have been in Cleveland. This year is no different as there will be another competition for the starting job between veteran Brian Hoyer and rookie first round pick Johnny Manziel. Both bring different tools to the table as Hoyer coming off of ACL surgery studied under Tom Brady and is more of a traditional NFL quarterback. Manziel on the other hand is more of the new breed of NFL QB's taking after last year's super bowl winner Russel Wilson and others like RG3 and Colin Kaepernick. Which ever player is chosen to start week 1 at Pittsburgh will have to play well to keep the job into the season though as only one quarterback has ever played all 16 games in a season for the Browns since 1999.

Running/Fullbacks:The running back position was a very obvious position of weakness heading into this offseason for the Browns. Last year saw the Browns use a boatload of backs from Trent Richardson to Edwin Baker. The team addressed the position by signing Texans backup Ben Tate, drafted Towson standout Terrance West and kept some of the talent that played more than they should have last year including Baker. The fullback position is filled by Chris Ogbannaya who as of now looks to be unchallenged by anyone on the team but a competitor could certainly be signed by the time camp starts.

Recievers/Tight Ends:This position should be a strength heading into this season as the Browns have one of the top receivers in the NFL, Josh Gordon. BUT Gordon has been suspended for the season by commissioner Roger Goodell and will not be eligible to return until this time next year. The Browns with knowledge this might happen went into the 2014 NFL Draft and did not draft a single receiver. However they did sign veterans Nate Burleson and Miles Austin to help fill the void.

Offensive Line:The offensive line as always is a strength for the Browns offense with Pro-Bowlers Alex Mack and Joe Thomas and second round pick Joel Bitonio brings a much needed mean streak at the guard position in-between Thomas and Mack. John Greco and Mitchell Schwartz fill out the right side and both have something to prove after lackluster seasons. The depth on the line could use some work being headlined by veterans Jason Pinkston and Paul Mcquistan.

Next up we will take a look at the defensive position groups.

Old 08-31-2014, 06:12 PM   #7
Rookie

RobD4477's Arena

Any recommendations when it comes to sliders. I've never really used custom ones before but this seems like as good a time as any to start.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #8
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils14
Interested to see how the QB battle goes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The heck with that, I am interested in seeing how Haslam's trial goes! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »