Home

Welcome to the Big North Conference (BNC): A CAP Simulation Dynasty

This is a discussion on Welcome to the Big North Conference (BNC): A CAP Simulation Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 02:47 AM   #1
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

OVR: 0
Welcome to the Big North Conference (BNC): A CAP Simulation Dynasty

Hi everyone. After reading several of the great dynasties here,I have decided to start a CAP dynasty, but I'm putting an interesting twist on things. Getting my inspiration from mb625's Northern Athletic Conference thread, I'm planning to create a conference with 12 teambuilder schools that I created for this dynasty. A big undertaking for sure, but one that I believe has the potential to be great. Each school represents an area that does not have a FBS school (the lone exception is Wyoming Tech in Wyoming). Here are the schools and the division that they will be located in.

Big North Conference (BNC)

West Division
Alaska State Bears -Anchorage, Alaska (Green, Gold, Blue)
Vancouver State Thunderbirds - Vancouver, British Columbia Canada (Blue, Red, Yellow)
Wyoming Tech Warriors - Cheyenne, Wyoming (Black, Blue, White)
Billings State 49ers - Billings, Montana (Gold, Scarlet, White)
Bismarck State Rough Riders - Bismarck, North Dakota (Red, Black, White)
South Dakota Tech River Hawks- Sioux Falls, South Dakota (Orange, Black, Gray)

East Division
Vermont State Timberwolves - South Burlington, Vermont (Green, Blue, Silver Gray)
Portland Tech Owls - Portland, Maine (Black, Gold, White)
Manchester State Kings - Manchester, New Hampshire (Purple, Black, Gold)
Providence State Titans - Providence, Rhode Island (Blue, Red, Yellow)
Delaware College Hornets - Wilmington, Delaware (Black, Gold, White)
Columbia State Statesmen - Washington, DC (Red, White, Blue)

The BNC will take the place of the AAC and will have a Championship game that will be most likely be played at the school with the best record. Here are the summaries of each school arranged by division in alphabetical order.

Western Division

Alaska State Bears
Head Coach: Marty Odegaard , 42 years old
Stadium: Alaska Airlines Center (49,250)
Offense: Oregon
Defense: Multiple
Colors: Green, Yellow, and Blue

History: Despite being one of the most recent members of the BNC (having joined in 2009), the Bears have become one of the league's top teams. After last year's strong performance, Coach Odegaard's squad could be once again at the top of the Western Division. Led by seniors QB Buster Holiday and HB Kingsley Waters on offense and on defense by veterans SS Warren Mack (Jr.) and MLB Brock Grigsby (SR), the Bears will be tough to beat.

Billings State 49ers
Head Coach: James White, 51 years old
Stadium: Rimrock Stadium (46,692)
Offense: Pistol
Defense: 3-4 Multiple
Colors: Gold, Scarlet, and White

History: One of the founding members of the BNC, the 49ers have always been one of the top conference teams. Under the leadership of longtime coach James White, the team has rarely had a down year. With a new quarterback, sophomore Roman Larson, heading the offense, it will be up to talented seniors WR Bob Dobzinski, HB Hiram Goddard, and TE Blaine Daniel to help their new quarterback out. It does help that the 49ers have one of the best defenses in the conference led by senior middle linebacker Jamie Brittain.

Bismarck State Rough Riders
Head Coach: Peter Barnett, 37 years old
Stadium: Rough Riders Stadium (30,076)
Offense: Air Raid
Defense: 3-3-5
Colors: Red, Black, and White

History: A middle of the road team, the Rough Riders are about average all across the board. They have enough offense to keep up with most of the conference, which they need as the defense was one of the worst in the league last season. Coach Peter Barnett, an air-raid disciple of Mike Leach, is putting his faith in his junior quarterback Alex Robinson, who is on pace to break all of the passing marks at Bismarck. Meanwhile, senior CB Jaron Ratliff leads a defense that will hopefully do better this year than last year's unit.

South Dakota Tech River Hawks
Head Coach: Peter Franklin, 38 years old
Stadium: Howard Wood Field (20,000)
Offense: Option Run
Defense: 4-3
Colors: Orange, Black, and Gray

History: One of the middle of the road programs, the River Hawks have perhaps the best quarterback in the conference in senior Ikaika Pittman who led the conference in total yards and touchdowns. Coach Franklin hopes that this is the year that the River Hawks win not only the division title, but also the conference championship.

Vancouver State Thunderbirds
Head Coach: Chester Moody, 51 years old
Stadium: BC Place (65,000 - Used Alamodome to simulate BC Place).
Offense: Run and Shoot
Defense: 4-3 Multiple
Colors: Blue, Red, Yellow

History: The newest team in the conference along with Alaska State, the Thunderbirds have not had the same success as the Bears. Hovering between the bottom and the mid-tier teams, the Thunderbirds must rely on junior quarterback Tyson Kaplan if they want to escape the basement of the Western Division.

Wyoming Tech Warriors
Head Coach: Robert Taylor, 60 years old
Stadium: Warrior Field (20,000)
Offense: Georgia State
Defense: 3-4
Colors: Blue, Black, and White

History: One of the worst teams in the conference year in and year out, the Warriors are constantly fighting to stay relevant. Newly-hired coach and Warriors alum Robert Taylor has his work cut off for him as most teams in the Western Division have gotten stronger over the past few years. A lot of hope is on sophomore quarterback Robby Norman to continue his progress after a good campaign last season, unless someone else takes over. Meanwhile, defensive leaders Rob McKeon(Sr. DT) and Gary Singletary (Sr. MLB) lead a poor defensive unit that needs to improve if they want to get out of the cellar.

Eastern Division

Columbia State Statesmen
Head Coach: Carl Evans (32 Years old)
Stadium: FexEx Field (82,566 (I used MetLife to simulate the actual FedEx Field)).
Offense: Spread
Defense: Multiple
Colors: Red, White, and Blue

History: Once one of the top programs in the conference, the Statesmen have fallen on hard times due to a scandal that nearly led the program to get hit with the "Death Penalty" by the NCAA. In the years since, the program have failed to have a winning record. With the hiring of Coach Evans and a move to FedEx Field from their former stadium, the future is looking bright. In order to avoid the cellar, senior quarterback Perry DeLoach must do better than he did last season

Delaware College Hornets
Location, Wilmington, Delaware
Head Coach: Travis Phillips, 32 years old
Stadium: The Hive (16,000)
Offense: One Back
Defense: 3-4
Colors: Black, Gold, and White

History: One of the worst teams in the conference, the Hornets hope that new coach Travis Phillips will change it around. With most of the starters gone from last year's team, it will be up to sophomore quarterback Leonard Nash and sophomore outside linebacker Ralph Parham to lead the offense and defense.

Manchester State Kings
Head Coach: Dale Talbert, 53 years old
Stadium: Royals Stadium (30,000)
Offense: Pro Style
Defense: 4-2-5
Colors: Purple, Black, and Gold

History: One of the most consistent teams in the conference, the Kings have done well enough to avoid the bottom of the conference, but not well enough to win its division. This year will be no different with the Kings breaking in a new quarterback in sophomore JaMarcus Moss who will be dependent on heavily. On the defensive side, senior middle linebacker Jose Porter returns to lead the defense.

Portland Tech Owls
Head Coach: John Bryant, 52 years old
Stadium: Fitzpatrick Stadium (29,419)
Offense: Multiple
Defense: 3-4 Multiple
Colors: Black, Gold, and White

History: A team constantly among the middle third of the conference, the Owls hope to change that this season. Coach Bryant is hoping that sophomore quarterback Jonas Newton will have a better season with a year under his belt. On the defensive side of the ball, senior middle linebacker Henry Church anchors an Owls defense that hopes to improve a run defense that was one of the worst in the conference last season.

Providence State Titans
Head Coach: Jack Darwin, 38 years old
Stadium: Titans Stadium (71,068)
Offense: Spread Option
Defense: Multiple D
Colors: Blue, Red, and Yellow

History: Considered to be the top team in the conference, the Titans have thrived under longtime head coach Jack Darwin. This year appears to be no different as the Titans bring back almost everyone from last year's conference championship team. Led by freshman quarterback sensation Gerard Johnson and on defense by senior middle linebacker Sammie Knox, the Titans will be a tough out for anyone wanting to win the conference title.

Vermont State Timberwolves
Head Coach: James Thomas, 37 years old
Stadium: Timberwolves Stadium (50,000)
Offense: Run Balanced
Defense: Multiple D
Colors: Green, Blue, and Silver

History: One of the best teams in the conference, the Timberwolves have probably one of the top head coaches in the country in James Thomas, who was an assistant under Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin. Under his watch, the Timberwolves became one of the nation's best offenses. With leading receiver Lou Corbett and leading rusher Arnold Sowell returning for their final seasons, sophomore Randall Clemens will have plenty of options on offense. On defense, senior middle linebacker Alexander Hand returns to lead one of the top defenses in the conference.

I'm hoping to get this started up within the next week or so. I will be out of town for the weekend so I won't be able to access the forums. I'm hoping to get at least 15 to 20 CAPs and at least one on every team.

Here are a few rules involving CAPs as well as recruitment.

CAPs and recruits
1. You can have two recruits each at the start of the dynasty. Once one of your recruits leave, then you can create another.

2. To determine your overall, I will roll two dice. With the base set to 70, your CAP's overall will be anywhere from 72 to 82 if Lady Luck shines on you. I will do the same for recruits as well. Based on your results, some CAPs could wind up starting for their teams.

3. Some teams due to how the teams are set up will have a cap on CAPs based on their position in the conference. Here is the breakdown by teirs:

Top Tier (Up to 2 CAPs per team)
Alaska State
Billings State
Providence State
Vermont State

Mid-Tier (Up to 4 CAPs per team)
Bismarck State
Manchester State
Portland Tech
South Dakota Tech

Bottom Tier (No CAP limit)
Columbia State
Delaware College
Vancouver State
Wyoming Tech

4. I will take up to 5 recruits per season. I will track each one during the season and will let you know what team they signed with.

5. If the CAP/recruit makes it to the NFL, I will track their career as well.

I will pick one of the teams (I've thought about either Alaska State, South Dakota State, or Vermont State. I haven't fully decided yet.

Here is the signup form for those interested.

First Name:
Last Name:
Position:
Height:
Weight:
City and State:
Jersey Number:
Skin Tone (Light, Medium, Dark):
3 Strengths:
3 Weaknesses:

Last edited by DeltaTiger; 09-17-2014 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Changing CAP info for High School CAPs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 02:48 AM   #2
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

Re: Welcome to the Big North Conference (BNC): A CAP Simulation Dynasty

Rules/Settings

Platform: Xbox 360
Difficulty: All-American
Recruiting Difficulty: All-American
Coach Progression: Slowest
Sliders: Charter04 Sliders
Quarter Length: 10 min
Rosters: 2013-14 Buffeye Rosters

Recruiting and Players Leaving

1). I can only recruit the number of seniors that are graduating plus 2 recruits during the season. I.E. This season, I have 16 seniors graduating. I also had two open scholarship left from last season. In this case, i can recruit 18 players to come up with an even 70 players.
2). If I over recruited (either by my own mistake or by the CPU thinking I needed to use all of my scholarships), the player(s) with the lowest awareness will be cut (as well as any CPU-signed recruits).
3). If a player is at least a 95 and decides to go pro, I will not try to convince him to return. If the player is between 90-94, I have one chance to try to convince him to return for another year. Anyone below 90, I will try to do what I can to keep them here.
4). If a player decides to leave, I will not stop him from leaving the program.
5). I can only redshirt true freshmen.

I will play in Coach Mode during the Dynasty. During each game, I will use the Ask Coach feature and select from the plays listed. As for the playbooks, I will stick with the ones that were selected for the team.

Last edited by DeltaTiger; 09-09-2014 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Posting the Rules for the Dynasty
Old 09-03-2014, 02:49 AM   #3
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

Season In Review
Old 09-03-2014, 02:49 AM   #4
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

Records/Awards/Bowl Games
Old 09-03-2014, 02:50 AM   #5
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

Recruiting Recaps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 02:51 AM   #6
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

CAP History/Players That Have Gone Pro
Old 09-03-2014, 02:51 AM   #7
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

CAP/Recruit List

Alaska State

Billings State 49ers

Bismarck State Rough Riders
1) #98 Joe Yeboah DT - 79 Overall (AdamJones113)
2) #99 Jack Jamison DE - 78 Overall (letsgocavs99)

Columbia State Statesmen
1) #1 Devin Welch HB - 78 Overall (DevSwerve)
2) #16 Patrick Parks QB -79 Overall (mb625)

Delaware College Hornets
1) #32 Braylen Wright HB - 78 Overall (kbb33)

Manchester State Kings
1) #17 Cody Cruise TE - 78 Overall (G.T.S 434)

Portland Tech Owls
1) #12 Frankie Leonard QB - 79 Overall (DevSwerve)

Providence State Titans
1) #24 Dontae Brown HB - 82 Overall (DropxEm)
2) #80 Matthew King WR - 82 Overall (ThaBoss18)

South Dakota Tech River Hawks

Vancouver State Thunderbirds
1) #3 Vernon Parrish QB - 80 Overall (thesportsguru11)

Vermont State Timberwolves
1) #1 Kenyon Marks ROLB - 80 Overall (thesportsguru11)
2) #12 Jace Cooper QB - 81 Overall (skyler97)
3) #80 Matt Viselli WR - 79 Overall (basketballer0385)

Wyoming Tech Warriors
1) #48 Kennedy Hudson HB - 78 Overall (caneswag907)

High School Recruits (If you go to one of the created schools, I will move your player there.
Class of 2014

1) Derek Fogarty - #4 SS (4 * rated 80 Overall)
2) George Burns - #1 WR and Top High School Recruit (5* rated 77 (80 actual) Overall)
3) Michael Viselli - #6 CB (4* rated 73 (79 actual) Overall)

Class of 2015
1) D.J. Porter - RB

Last edited by DeltaTiger; 10-12-2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Updated Team list and added 2013 High School Recruits
Old 09-03-2014, 02:53 AM   #8
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

It is now okay to post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »