Home

PocketScout's College Football 1991 Alternate Universe (NCAA 2014)

This is a discussion on PocketScout's College Football 1991 Alternate Universe (NCAA 2014) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2015, 10:18 PM   #33
Rookie

motorox8's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PocketScout's College Football 1991 Alternate Universe (NCAA 2014)

Great start for the first 2 years of your dynasty! Hopefully, you can keep the success running for the next couple years, even with a talent drop off.

Website looks awesome by the way and glad to see you back!
Old 01-19-2015, 12:13 AM   #34
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Thanks man, Skulletor and myself spent way to many hours writing code but I am happy with the results. I'm sure at some point I will add some more features, but for right now I am happy with it

So far I have just lucked into one great situation after another. It almost feels unfair, but once I get the next two seasons knocked out and can take over a major program I am sure I will long for the days of the early success I am having right now.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:45 PM   #35
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

1993 - Louisiana Ragin Cajuns (11-3, 9-1, HC)

REVIEW:
84 - OVR (77 out of 126)
86 - OFF (QB 62, RB 80, REC 74, OL 72)
78 - DEF (DL 71, LB 50, DB 72)
86 - ST

Much to my surprise we had another great year going 11-2 and winning the Southland/Metro. The biggest shock came week 2 when we beat #7 Miami 38-35!!! We had a stable of Senior running backs with Vincent Parker starting off the first game of the year rushing for 282 yards, before getting hurt against Miami in the second game then was lost for the regular season week 3. At this point Logan Holloway stepped up as the starter for game four then went on to average 174 yards a game to finish out the season setting a new school record and leading the nation with 1916 yards for the year (note he was the backup for the MacArthur Bowl and only ran for 19 yards in that game.

We made it to the MacArthur Bowl again, but unlike the last two seasons, San Diego State came out on fire! We did not stop them a single time in the second half as the Aztecs won the Small College National Championship 35-24. By the start of the fourth quarter I was really getting scared, normally I fell like I have a 50/50 shot at stopping the opponent, but by this point it felt impossible to get a stop.

OFFSEASON:
Louisiana offered a seven year extension following the season but I declined. I still have one more season to complete before I can take any offers but did receive interest from Tennessee, Clemson, Northwestern and Syracuse.

RECRUITING:
On National Signing Day we ended up with the #33 class (92 pts, 1*****, 3****, 8 ***, 3 **, 2*) in the nation. We lost three senior running backs this year and I have consistently produced some great backs so far but was blown away when week 1 the #6 running back in the nation, 5* Michael Williams (Cape Coral, Fl - 75ovr) had us listed as his top school. After tight battle with Ohio and Arkansas we were able to get him to sign and it appears he will our feature back from the day he walks on campus as we are now fully depleted at the running back position.

TROPHY CASE:
Southland/Metro Champions, MacArthur Bowl

GAMES PLAYED:
Akron, Memphis, Cincinnati (Southland/Metro Championship), San Diego State (MacArthur Bowl)

NEXT SEASON:
We will be very depleted at running back next year, but we do have a solid senior QB returning in Derek Muse to go along with a solid group of wide outs. I am tempted to back away from the run and pass some more next year but I am not sure just yet. This will be my last season with Louisiana so I am hoping we can have a decent season so I can get some quality offers after next season.

AROUND THE COUNTRY:
The MacArthur Bowl had three quality teams to pick from with defending Small College National Champions Louisiana (11-2) the clear #1, Ohio (10-3) and San Diego State (10-3). The Aztec's got eventually got picked to play against the Ragin Cajuns and proceeded to dominate the second half and win their first Small College National Championship.

This years teams that narrowly missed the playoffs were Pac 10 Champion UCLA (10-2), Big 8 Champion Nebraska (10-2), Notre Dame (10-2), Colorado (10-2) and Michigan State (10-2).

Click Here
Season Stats, Records, Rosters, Standings, BCS Rankings, Recruiting Rankings and much more.
Playoffs
Semi Finals Teams Score Finals Teams Score
#1 21
#4 42 #4 48
#2 49 #2 31
#3 42

Last edited by PocketScout; 01-22-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 01:13 PM   #36
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

1994 - Louisiana Ragin Cajuns (9-5, 6-4, HC)

DYNASTY INFO:
I have decided to add the Peach Bowl in as a Major Bowl now to go along with the Rose Bowl (Big 10 & Pac 10), Sugar Bowl (SEC), Cotton (SWC), Orange (Big 8), Fiesta (At-Large). The Peach Bowl has a contract to host either the ACC Champion or the Big East Champion.

REVIEW:
81 - OVR (86 out of 126)
83 - OFF (QB 71, RB 56, REC 79, OL 64)
80 - DEF (DL 74, LB 65, DB 63)
96 - ST

I knew this year would be a down from the past few as we were depleted at the running back spot and our defensive backfield was pretty raw as well. We managed to upset #12 UCLA 20-17 scoring on a 3 yard QB keeper up the gut with 0:11 left in that game from 4th and goal. The season was up and down from this point and we finished the regular season 8-4 before getting blown out by USF in the Southland/Metro Championship game 34-7. We did rebound in the GoDaddy.com bowl beating Temple 37-34 in overtime. We tied the game with 0:07 left on 4th and goal from the 6th when QB Derek Muse hit WR Kiel Hale in the back corner of the endzone to tie it up 31-31. Muse was the player of the game going 17/29 for 273 yards, 3 tds to 1 int and also had 10 carries for 65 yards and 2 more td's.

5* freshman running back Michael Williams had a good year carrying the ball 278 times for 1294 yards and 8tds. He was named to the Freshman All American Team.

OFFSEASON:
After the season I weighed my options with offers from Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Oregon State and Arizona State. I wanted a challenge and to rebuild a program from the bottom up. The Hokies were easily the best program and had already signed 5 5* kids for the current recruiting class!!! I decided to pass as they are not a rebuilding project at all. I eventually decided on Arizona State (2-10 last year) who has been worst of the major offers I received. The Sun Devils are 15-23 over the last three seasons which makes them the worst program in the Pac-10 at this point. I signed a 5 year deal with the administration wanting 8 wins per season. It will be a tough build but I think by the end of the first contract I should have the ship righted and achieving the win target.

RECRUITING:
On National Signing Day we ended up with the #48 class (74 pts, 2****, 8 ***, 8 **, 2*) in the nation. After arriving in Tempe it was obvious we had some major holes and really needed a starter at OG and SS. We had a couple solid prospects but the need at offensive line was our biggest so I went all in (10,000 pts) on RG Doug Easley (6'4 305 - 76 (+5) ovr). We landed him and much to my surprise we were still able to get SS Lawrence Donaldson (6'0, 192, 72 ovr) to commit. Overall it was one of the better transition classes I have pulled in.

TROPHY CASE:
GoDaddy Bowl, Southland Champions

GAMES PLAYED:
UCLA, Troy, USF (Southland/Metro Championship), Temple (GoDaddy Bowl)

NEXT SEASON:
We are going to be young next year with a true sophomore qb Marc Pruitt (81 ovr - pocket passer) and true sophomore running back Thomas Cook (85 ovr) leading the way. We have a couple very good senior receivers in Drew Higgins (91 ovr) and Jay Franklin (90 ovr) so I am unsure at this point what I want to do scheme wise. Normally I like a run heavy attack with an option qb, but we just do not have the personnel to pull that off right now. I think I might go more of a pro style attack.

Click Here
Season Stats, Records, Rosters, Standings, BCS Rankings, Recruiting Rankings and much more.
Playoffs
#1 30
#4 26 #1 35
#2 51 #2 16
#3 38
Major Bowl Games
Top 15

Last edited by PocketScout; 01-23-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:21 PM   #37
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

1995 - Arizona State Sun Devils (5-7, 4-5, HC)

REVIEW:
86 - OVR (53 out of 126)
86 - OFF (QB 59, RB 75, REC 82, OL 69)
85 - DEF (DL 79, LB 78, DB 72)
70 - ST

I decided to start the season using a pro style attack and our best quarter back sophomore Marc Pruitt leading the way. This was a bad idea as we started 0-4 on the year before we eked by South Alabama in overtime. The next week we lost to Oregon State 45-59. At this point I pulled the plug on Marc Pruitt.

The next week I decided to go with 3rd string qb Devon Pino who was the only mobile qb we have on the roster. With the change we won our next three games, including a victory against #19 UCLA. We played a tough game against New Mexico State and their one man show in QB Casey Nash (18/36 278 yards, 1 td, 13 carries, 64 yards). They took a 28-21 lead with 3:40 left in the game and we started our march down field. We got down to the 8 yard line with 0:17 left and threw a slant pass to Higgins who bobbled the pass and it fell towards the ground. An Aggie defender had dove to the ground and the ball fell on his back then another defender scooped up the ball for the game ending interception on the 2 yard line. At this point we fell to 4-6, we split our final two games to end the year 5-7.

OFFSEASON:
We got transfer freshman DE Derek Hardin (68 ovr) from Stanford.

RECRUITING:
On National Signing Day we ended up with the #22 class (104 pts, 1*****, 5****, 6 ***, 1 **, 2*) in the nation. We signed the #1 CB in the country Matt Jackson (Prescott, Az), #2 TE Joseph Allen (Storrs, Ct) and #8 TE Andrew Bullock (Dallas, Tx). I was very happy with the class but I did not get a quarter back for the future. We were the #2 school for four star Johnathan Marshall (Scrambler, #3 QB in the country, Bethany Oklahoma) but were not able to recruit him as we were only a 3* school.

TROPHY CASE:

GAMES PLAYED:
Washington, New Mexico State

NEXT SEASON:
After getting off to a 1-5 start we finished strong going 4-2 and I look forward to carrying that momentum into 1996. It will still be tough as we are lacking talent but I think we should contend for a bowl birth next year.

Click Here
Playoffs
#1 45
#4 21 #1 42
#2 33 #2 17
#3 21
Major Bowl Games
Top 15

Last edited by PocketScout; 01-24-2015 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #38
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

1996 - Arizona State Sun Devils (11-2, 8-1, HC)

REVIEW:
86 - OVR (53 out of 126)
88 - OFF (QB 59, RB 88, REC 76, OL 72)
87 - DEF (DL 84, LB 73, DB 78)
96 - ST

We had a very good season winning the Pac-10 going 10-2 in the regular season. In the Rose Bowl we got matched up against 11-1 Big Ten runner up Michigan. The Wolverine defense was stout all game long and did not allow any big plays. With 5:24 left in the game we went up 24-14 then Michigan QB Robert Roberts took over and started marching down the field. We were getting pressure on him but he would slip out of the pocket and scramble for the first down. With 3:19 left in the game from our 34 yard line he broke the pocket again scrambling to the 25 yard line where he was met by Junior MLB David Olson, who laid a vicious hit on Roberts causing a fumble that he then stood up and scoop the ball and went 75 yards for the touchdown for go up 31-14. The Wolverines, now panicked started pressing and almost threw an interception, their next play was a run and on the next Roberts scrambled out of the pocket and fumbled again and we recovered. At this point the game was all but decided, Both teams scored one more time and the clock expired with the Sun Devils winning the Rose Bowl 38-20. (BoxScore)

Navy defeated previously undefeated Bowling Green to capture their third straight MacArthur Bowl and Small College National Championship.

Junior MLB David Olson 75 yard fumble recovery Touchdown

OFFSEASON:
I signed a 5 year extension with Arizona State following the season (target wins 7 per year).

RECRUITING:
On National Signing Day we ended up with the #50 class (78 pts, 3****, 9 ***, 1 **, 4*) in the nation. The biggest surprise of the class was three star C Jonathan Scott (78 +8). The class was not lined to stars but will add much needed depth to our team.

TROPHY CASE:
Pac-10 Champions, Rose Bowl Champions

GAMES PLAYED:
San Diego State, UCLA, Michigan

NEXT SEASON:
The first two years here the Pac-10 was strong enough that my default schedule was A- difficulty but next year appears to be a down year as I had to schedule a crazy non-conference slate against #22 Minnesota, #9 Florida State and #7 Texas. We have a lot of talent returning and I think we should finish around the top 3 in the Pac-10.

Click Here
Playoffs
#1 20
#4 40 #4 35
#2 31 #2 30
#3 34
Major Bowl Games
Top 15

Last edited by PocketScout; 09-03-2015 at 05:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »