Home

We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2014, 02:01 PM   #49
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

Glad to know you are enjoying the services of Ashiru.

I had tickets to this game but I sold them for a really, really good price after I found out I had a baseball tournament game.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:30 PM   #50
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

NCAA Players of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po1soNNN
Glad to know you are enjoying the services of Ashiru.

I had tickets to this game but I sold them for a really, really good price after I found out I had a baseball tournament game.
Ashiru I believe is leading the NCAA in tackles with 25 right now. Just think, if he keeps at this pace he could end the season with 150 tackles, maybe 160 if we make a bowl. And that still wouldn't be a school record. Guy's a stud!

Like yankeesfan said earlier in the thread, it would've been painful had you not had this baseball tournament. I used to be good at baseball, but I hit my prime in 3rd grade, got really bad and stopped playing 3 years later. So Congratulations!!!

Happy New Year to Everyone!!!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-08-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:05 AM   #51
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Tough OT loss, good luck in game 3.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2015, 12:19 PM   #52
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

NCAA Players of the Week

American Athletic Conference Standings - Updated: Sep 14, 2014
TEAMRECPCTCONFPFPASTRK
Houston2-11-0
UCF3-00-0
ECU3-00-0
USF2-10-0
Cincinnati2-10-0
Tulsa1-20-0
SMU1-10-0
Tulane0-10-0
Memphis0-10-0
UConn0-20-0
Temple2-10-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
Tough OT loss, good luck in game 3.
Thanks, Gronk. Neutral site game vs. Army.. In the past I haven't done well against the option, but I played in one in my Mass State dynasty... we'll see how it goes.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-08-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #53
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

GAMEDAY! (Yankee Stadium Edition)

Goody. A trip to the Bronx. Beautiful. Looks like I'm staying home for this game.

Anywho, a very winnable game for our Huskies vs. the surprising Army Black Knights coming off a bye in Week 3.

Army has slightly overachieved this year, jumping out to a quick 2-0 start in their option attack.

This option is led by junior QB Angel Santiago, who has 400 yards on the ground through 2 games. Even if Santiago struggles, he has 5 more than capable running backs and fullbacks. Terry Baggett is the top tailback, and Raymond Maples and Tony Giovanelli both get carries and are equally talented. Fullbacks Larry Dixon and Matt Giachinta are powerful blockers and equally good runners. All 5 have combined for over 3,000 yards on the ground in their careers, and because of them Army has arguably a top 10 group of running backs in the entire country.

The Black Knights don't often throw the ball, but they have two exciting receivers in Xavier Moss and Chevaughn Lawrence.

UConn hasn't faced an option yet this season, but they have seen scrambling QB's. Given two weeks to prepare for the game, I'd figure UConn could have a decent chance to learn potential reads and gameplan for it. I'm predicting Jefferson Ashiru, who had 16 tackles, a sack and an INT last week, to have another good game stopping the run.

On defense, the Black Knights have a solid unit led by sophomores Jeremy Timpf (linebacker) and Josh Jenkins (corner). Those two are the stars, but have a good supporting cast in corner Chris Carnegie, and safeties Hayden Pierce and Geoffrey Bacon.

However, the line is weak, and guys like Max DeLorenzo could be playing well. I'd expect a little regression from Chandler Whitmer after his sensational performance last week, but I still think he can play well.

Prediction: UConn 24, Army 21

UConn can and should pull this out. They need a win to keep their bowl hopes at a reasonable state. The big X factor is stopping the option. Do that, UConn can run away with it. Struggle, it could be different.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-07-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #54
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Ran over

Santiago headlines Army rush attack with 188 yards in blowout win

Upon reflection of this game, I keep thinking back to a quote from MLB The Show anchor Matt Vasgersian, in which he famously said "You can't win if you can't score." This works inversely as well. If you can't play defense, you can't win, no matter how bad the offense is. Story of the game right here.

I don't even know where to begin with this one. Army came out and completely obliterated UConn, to the surprise of many, including UConn.

Everything went wrong for the Huskies, who perhaps looked unprepared to face the option. They gave up 188 rushing yards to Army QB Angel Santiago, and the defense just looked lost all day.

The best example of this came right before the half, when Santiago and Army were marching downfield after a punt from UConn. With no timeouts and 11 seconds to go, Santiago scrambled and was tackled for no gain at the 19 yard line. The Knights went no huddle and Santiago heaved to the end zone.

Despite being in a deep zone that should have been well-equipped to stop this, only one guy was in the remote area of the ball's location, corner Jhavon Williams, who was picked on all day. Williams tipped it, and stopped, thinking the ball had gone out of bounds. Instead, Xavier Moss came down with it and put Army up 21-0 at the half.

Though UConn held Army through most of the first half (allowed 7 points on a Hayden Pierce pick 6, we'll touch on that shortly), from then on out they couldn't cover the option, especially Santiago. When they focused on him, Santiago was able to hand off to Terry Baggett (6 carries, 57 yards), Tony Giovanelli (3 carries, 53 yards, 44 yard run in first quarter) or fullback Larry Dixon (5 carries, 39 yards) and gain optimal results.

The Black Knights' top 10 rushing numbers only increased, gaining well over 330 yards on the ground.

Now that we have analyzed the defense, let's look at the anemic offensive performance.

Chandler Whitmer, deservedly earning apologies from the UConn media and fans after his incredible performance vs. Boise State last week, lost all that and more after his second at least 4-INT outing in 3 weeks and subsequent benching in favor of Tim Boyle in the 3rd quarter.

Whitmer, who was protected not very well by a patchwork offensive line, made poor decisions, not so much throws, and it is believed Boyle will start going forward after a good performance out of him despite 2 INT's which were both tipped.

The only productive offensive player of the day was Max DeLorenzo, who despite playing for the aforementioned patchwork O-Line, managed to pick up 74 yards on 15 carries.

Again, the Army defense dominated, being in the right place at the right times, and making a total of 6 INT's and two fumbles (8 Turnovers!!). There was just no production out of anyone and it showed.

I'll try my best to put this on the backburner. Stony Brook next. If we don't win this one....

Army Black Knights at Connecticut Huskies
Sep 20, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Army Black Knights (3-0)1477735
Connecticut Huskies (0-3)00077
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGARMYCONN
4:13(ARMY) Pierce 41 INT Return (Grochowski kick)70
1:32(ARMY) Schurr 2 run (Grochowski kick)140
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGARMYCONN
:00(ARMY) Santiago 19 pass Moss (Grochowski kick)210
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGARMYCONN
4:15(ARMY) Santiago 88 run (Grochowski kick)280
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGARMYCONN
6:54(ARMY) Baggett 5 run (Grochowski kick)350
1:01(CONN) Marriner 2 run (Puyol kick)357
Army Black Knights
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Angel Santiago5-710711
A.J. Schurr2-43200
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Angel Santiago1719011.11
Terry Baggett6579.51
Larry Dixon5397.80
Tony Giovanelli35317.60
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Xavier Moss37023.31
Edgar Poe23718.50
Chevaughn Lawrence12727.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Jeremy Timpf10000
Tevin Long4020
Chris Carnegie4020
Connecticut Huskies
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Chandler Whitmer12-2710604
Tim Boyle8-128002
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Max DeLorenzo15744.90
Josh Marriner5255.01
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Deshon Foxx5499.80
Kamal Abrams4266.50
Geremy Davis33311.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Graham Stewart8000
Jefferson Ashiru7000
Junior Joseph6100

(Left) Jhavon Williams was picked on by Xavier Moss most of the day, but he did lay a big hit on him here. (Right) Terry Baggett on his TD scamper.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-07-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:46 PM   #55
Banned

Been a rough start but expected though hope the team can pick it up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #56
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5

enjoying the series, keep it up!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »