Home

In Rex We Trust - Buffalo Bills Madden 15 Connected Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on In Rex We Trust - Buffalo Bills Madden 15 Connected Franchise Mode within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2015, 11:36 AM   #25
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: In Rex We Trust - Buffalo Bills Madden 15 Connected Franchise Mode

Old vs. New
Ryan Fitzpatrick awaits EJ Manuel, Bills in Houston
As Ryan Fitzpatrick was looking over film of his old team, the team he will be facing Sunday when his Houston Texans play host to the Buffalo Bills, he couldn't help but notice all of those No. 14 jerseys in the crowd at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

"I think it's amazing that there are now more 14 jerseys than there were when I was there," Fitzpatrick said, his tongue firmly in cheek as he set up the coming punch line. "I just think the support for me has really grown, especially in the last year for some reason, since the draft, with all those 14 jerseys. I think that's really cool."

As the reporters who were huddled around the conference call phone enjoyed a good chuckle, one thought arose: If only Fitz's ability to throw touchdown passes, avoid killer interceptions and lead his team to more victories was as sizable as his engaging, good-natured personality, oh, what could have been in Buffalo.

Fitzpatrick may be a Harvard graduate, but he was a quintessential Buffalo guy with his friendly nature, his flannel shirts and jeans, and that still present and still-spectacular beard that even members of the Boston Red Sox have to admire.

If he could have maintained the hot start he enjoyed in the first half of 2011, the 5-2 start that included a win over the hated Patriots and had the Bills poised to snap their playoff drought, the start that prompted the front office to sign him to a stunning and somewhat over-reactionary six-year, $59 million contract extension, Sammy Watkins — who now wears the No. 14 Buffalo jersey — would have had to choose a different number.

Then again, Watkins probably wouldn't be in Buffalo if Fitzpatrick could have kept winning games and delivered a playoff berth, or two, or three. For that matter, EJ Manuel might not be here either, because if Fitzpatrick had kept winning, the Bills wouldn't have had the need to take Manuel in the first round in 2013.

Fitz could have become a folk hero in the blue-collar town that seemed to fit him in every way. However, that wasn't the case. His star began to fade almost before the ink on that contract dried, and he was released a year-and-a-half after he banked his $24 million bonus.

With Fitzpatrick cast away, the door was open for Manuel in Buffalo, and now here they are, the previous Bills quarterback and the current Bills quarterback, face-to-face at NRG Stadium in Houston.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #26
Rookie

This is sweet. I have been trying to figure out how to get Rex on the Bills thx! Did you change the scheme or anything when you got Rex?
Old 02-10-2015, 08:35 AM   #27
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly
This is sweet. I have been trying to figure out how to get Rex on the Bills thx! Did you change the scheme or anything when you got Rex?
Thanks!

Yeah hiring Rex is really not that difficult once you figure it out, just a lot of steps.

The game changes schemes automatically when you switch coaches. However, I use the 49ers playbook because Rex hired their OC in real life. I use the 46 defense playbook because it fits the Bills 4-3 defensive personnel better than Rex's base playbook, but it is still true to Rex Ryan's style: BLITZING lol.

After the season I plan on making the switch to Rex Ryan's defensive playbook, just have to move some guys positions around after the season (without rating penalties after the season if I'm not mistaken) to fit Rex's 3-4 defensive playbook.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:35 PM   #28
Rookie

I will have to try the 46. His base D keeps Kyle Williams on the bench and I dont want that. Was Rex still wearing a Jets shirt but a Bills hat in yours?
Old 02-16-2015, 08:24 AM   #29
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly
I will have to try the 46. His base D keeps Kyle Williams on the bench and I dont want that. Was Rex still wearing a Jets shirt but a Bills hat in yours?
Yeah use the 46. It's a multiple look with lots of blitzing and it fits the 4-3 defensive personnel the Bills have. As you go through multiple seasons in your franchise, Kyle Williams rating will drop a ton because he's over 30, while that happens I plan to build my roster to fit Rex's defense. Get some bigger defensive ends and pass rushing outside linebackers (move Alonso inside).

As for Jets colors, yes he has a Jets shirt on. It's annoying, sometimes he has a Bills sweater vest on which is cool, but it's very inconsistent.

Btw I'm in season one, week 12 on this franchise, just haven't done the write ups yet.

Last edited by BB_Dynasty; 02-16-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:41 AM   #30
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

Pulling the plug on another dynasty way too early...

I'm in week 12 and Mario Williams has over 30 sacks. That's WAY to unrealistic for me (I'm a little OCD). I don't like messing with the sliders but this game may force me too. I may make another attempt just shortening the quarters.

I'm not going to start another one until I figure this out. I may just wait until Madden 16.

Last edited by BB_Dynasty; 03-04-2015 at 09:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »