Home

The Diary of Scott Frost: Offensive Genius?

This is a discussion on The Diary of Scott Frost: Offensive Genius? within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2015, 03:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: The Diary of Scott Frost: Offensive Genius?

January 15, 2015

Decided what the hell, and started returning some phone calls. I set up a meeting with the Bucs, and they flew me down to their offices. It was a long process, lots of interviews and conversations about offensive style and play-calling and quarterbacks. I felt a little nervous that maybe they were just trying to pry as much info on Marcus out of me as possible, as they try to decide between him and Jameis. Of course I'm biased towards Mariota. I would love to be a part of a staff somewhere he lands. Maybe it could be a package deal? I still don't know what I want to do. I have to get back on the recruiting trail quickly, National Signing Day is February 4. So confused now. I don't know where my head is at.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:13 PM   #10
Rookie

January 16, 2015

Had a meeting with the Tennessee Titans today and Head Coach Whisenhut. He was very interested in me and my coaching philosophy. I was surprised that we talked about Mariota very little. I can't tell how serious they are about taking a quarterback with their first pick. They seem to like the kid they have from LSU, Zach Mettenberger. I told Whisenhut that he is a promising young guy but that I don't know enough about him to know how well he would fit any offensive scheme I would want to put in place.

My head coach at Oregon - Helfrich - is a little pissed at me for making these trips. I'm trying to do what is best for me. My heart says stay at Oregon, but my head says bolt for the NFL.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:58 AM   #11
Rookie

January 18, 2015

I have an offer in hand from the Tennessee Titans to become their offensive coordinator, and I'm going to accept. Coach Whisenhut has his own philosophy that I think will mesh well with mine. I would be handling most of the play-calling with a bit of his input. He really wants me to develop the quarterbacks - whether it's Zach Mettenberger or Charlie Whitehurst (who isn't that young) or someone not on the roster yet. I'm already pushing for Marcus Mariota, but I know it' not totally my call. I would think that bringing me in would indicate they have a lot of interest in him, though.

I've got to say good-bye to the staff and players at Oregon, and that will be hard. But I'm ready to turn the page on my career, and help bring a championship to the city of Nashville!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 09:04 AM   #12
Rookie

January 20, 2015

Wow. Already jumping into film from last season. It's no wonder this team was 2-14. Holes everywhere on the offense. Awful decision-making from the quarterback position. Sloppy play across the board.

Mettenberger has his ups and downs, like any rookie QB is going to have, but he wasn't awful. He can make the throws. I'll really need to do my research if I am going to give the right input on whether or not I think he is a long-term answer behind center.

Got a text from Marcus today. Just wishing me the best of luck, and that maybe we will be working together again soon. I don't know about that, but I'm sure I will see him several times throughout this whole draft process.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:36 PM   #13
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 0

cool idea! following.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:17 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Dynasty
cool idea! following.

Thanks, glad to have a follower!
Old 01-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #15
Rookie

January 31, 2015

Doing a lot of film study with the staff in preparation for the draft. Amari Cooper from Alabama keeps jumping off the film. Dude is impressive. Staff is definitely weighing all of our options. Maybe we could move a few spots down in the draft, pick up a couple of extra picks, and still take Cooper? That would mean no Mariota, but the more I see of Mettenberger, the more I think I can turn this guy into a star. He's got the tools to be a really good player in this league. And you pair him with a guy like Cooper, well, we might have the start of something great down here.

Gonna watch the Super Bowl tomorrow with the rest of the coaching staff while still going through some tough personnel decisions. Locker is for sure gone from this offense, but is there any other dead weight that is causing more harm than good? I don't know for sure. We definitely need a better plan at running back as well. The two headed monster of Shonn Greene and Bishop Sankey didn't scare too many folks last year. I've got a couple of tricks up my sleeve, though. Planning on getting Dexter McCluster some more work in this offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 02:34 PM   #16
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvegasryan
Thanks, glad to have a follower!

Ha I had a bunch on my first dynasty but I had to restart and now seem to have no followers on my new one lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »